Croatia vs Spain I think bruv. Czech them Turks out too.

gillsminnow

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Croatia done well to come back from what looked like a potential hammering at the start.

Spain subbing players off with one eye on the knockouts and allowing a centre back to take a penalty she you have that much talent on the field wasn't very clever.

England's side of the bracket in the knockouts now has France, Spain and Germany, that draw with Slovakia may have been costly.

Italy will be on that side too (playing Spain!) if they get a point against the Irish.

I still can't believe we won vs strongest Spanish lineups with the likes of Jedvaj, Rog and Pjaca in our lineup.

Suddenly complete chaos in the knockout phase.

Jedvaj would be among my call-ups but those two? No way. I had a wonderful moment looking at Pjaca's face when penalty wasn't given. No Maminho's influence here :D

makes Englands route to the final harder, but im still happy for Croatia, like them a lot, some superb players and a real good team spirit

Doesn't really make any difference to England.

If we make it to the semis we were probably always going to face Germany or Italy. The only difference is that the semi could be Germany, Italy or Spain now.

I said Croatia were gonna have a good tournament...I bloody well said they would...I do love a bit of Croatia though, all goes back to my love for Modric when he was at Spurs. Good, good side.

God you are young arent you? I love Croatia from 98 onwards!

This is where the Group E imbalance really hurts for Italy - assuming they at least draw with Ireland, they will have to play Spain because they have one of the groups where the group winner plays a group runner-up and not a third-placed team.

Jedvaj would be among my call-ups but those two? No way. I had a wonderful moment looking at Pjaca's face when penalty wasn't given. No Maminho's influence here :D

Similar to Juve defender giving away two pens against Romania, haha.

We'll face 3rd place from B/E/F, then possibly the winner of Poland/Switzerland in quarters.

This is where the Group E imbalance really hurts for Italy - assuming they at least draw with Ireland, they will have to play Spain because they are one of the groups where the group winner plays a group runner-up and not a third-placed team.

Even better for Italy. They won't be under any pressure and they play better vs teams that dominate. And Spain's goalscoring capabilities have been questionable over the past year.

This is where the Group E imbalance really hurts for Italy - assuming they at least draw with Ireland, they will have to play Spain because they have one of the groups where the group winner plays a group runner-up and not a third-placed team.

Italy have won the group, even if we lose 12-0 to Ireland

Pretty sure he means Germany and Italy were in our half of the draw, and Spain were in the other half if they won today. But they didn't. So now they're in ours.

It's a good thing, just means we won't have Germany or Spain when we get to the final :onmehead:

Pretty sure he means Germany and Italy were in our half of the draw, and Spain were in the other half if they won today. But they didn't. So now they're in ours.

No what I mean is if we face Spain then we won't have to play Italy or Germany so we'll still only be facing one big nation in the semis, we don't have to face all of them.

Archived