Croatia vs Spain I think bruv. Czech them Turks out too.

gillsminnow

This is hilarious. One of Croatia/Belgium/Portugal/Poland/Wales/Switzerland/someone-even-worse has just booked a place in the final. :D

Trust England to **** up their group when we could have had the easiest run in. :D

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we would win the group and Get Koed by one of that list instead :lol:
That is exactly the type of thing England would end up doing...so let's bring on the big boys and just see them off one by one...they can even bring their ****ing dinner :D

It's not that terrible for you guys, you get likely Hungary/Austria next which is a bye to the quarterfinals, then the hosts who are tough but aren't playing all that amazing and whom you get a real chance against. So a semi-final is possible. The real meat of the draw is in the Germany/Italy/Spain quarter, bonkers. If Spain or Italy still somehow wins the whole tournament each and every one of their players and staff will deserve a double medal because their run-in is absolutely absurd.

Italy must be gutted there's no way they can throw this away and not finish top

Wales gonna win this whole thing aren't they :D

Yet another success of resting players and not going a bit harder in the 1st half against Slovakia :thup: The gift that keeps on giving

I expect lots of 'you have to beat the best anyway' ... erm, yeah, I'd rather the group winners side of the draw, thanks

This is hilarious. One of Croatia/Belgium/Portugal/Poland/Wales/Switzerland/someone-even-worse has just booked a place in the final. :D

I'd say Croatia is the odd one in that line-up as they are currently the best team in the tournament and imho top contender for the title.

Barely a peep about De Gea's pathetic performance tonight, imagine if that was Hart.

We already know people ridiculously jump on Hart for any slight mistake yet never praise him like they do De Gea or Neuer when he's dragging his team through games.

De Gea was appalling last night

I'd say Croatia is the odd one in that line-up as they are currently the best team in the tournament and imho top contender for the title.

I agree on group stage form they would be worthy finalists. However

a) it's still noteworthy that a "lesser name" team is already guaranteed of a place in the final

b) it's been a common occurence in previous tournaments to see teams that looked incredibly good at first, but peaked too early and got overtaken by the big "names". Russia in 2008 and the Czechs in 2004 come to mind (although the Czechs were beaten by the even less fancied Greeks). By contrast the Germans with an awful squad still making it to WC 2002 final. It seems to be a bigger factor in World Cups than the Euros where surprises are more routine, but names still seem to weigh a little in these major tournaments.

I'm always happy when Spain loses, and unfortunately they lost very few times "lately" (8 years), however one thing must be said: Subasic (sorry for misspelling) walked 3 meters away from the goal line to save that penalty. Clearly illegal and should have been repeated.

Hehe yeah you're right too.

The great and unforgotten Vujadin Boskov, former manager of Sampdoria passed away a couple of years ago, made some notable quotes during his career. One of those says:

"Rigore è quando arbitro fischia" which stands for (translating from his awful italin into an awful english) "Penalty is when referee whistles".

Archived