Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

It's a really minor thing, but in past versions when you clicked on the profile of a free agent, the top section of the profile would be colour coded to match his country (eg it would be dark blue if he was Scottish, etc). In this version, all free agents seem to have this burgundy and yellow concoction. As I said, it's nowhere close to a major issue, but I did prefer the older way. Maybe I'm just getting old and not as receptive to change anymore :D

I feel the same and SI have flagged it as something they will discuss in the bugs forum. No guarantee anything will come of it.

I understand the reason for distinguishing between free agents in national teams and those not, but given how few are I'd rather it be national colours, and anything other than red and gold which clash horribly on my particular screen/seetings

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that the Create a Club was made the way it is so that the same feature can work on full fat FM and FMT. Those modes have databases that are different, so some things can't be edited as it could break functionality with the other game mode.

To do what you want Lord Rowell just use the normal editor when its released.

Hopefully at some pouint in a future FM the two game modes can use the same database.

I understand that :) but we just shouldn't have to. Re. the database issue if that is the case, SI should have thought about that before their marketing - no excuses for them from me!

Think the Beta is in a pretty solid state and is running brilliantly on Linux, despite submitting a few Bug topics.

The new GUI is excellent and the new layout of information gives me more time to read what is happening in the game world, I used to just click Continue a lot and skip most things.

Negatives, Manager Creator, What Horror is this!!!!!!!!

To do what you want Lord Rowell just use the normal editor when its released.

I strongly second Lord Rowell.

Using the editor is painstakingly tedious. The "Create a club" interface is, as far as I can tell, very nifty done and could really help you to create ONE club with a bunch of self created players.

I'm finding it slightly slower, which is a good thing. Usually had it full two or three games into the season in FM 15.

Yeah but I'm starting the first fixture now after 5 or 6 games and my team doesn't familiar with the tactics. Weird. The bar is really too low!

I strongly second Lord Rowell.

Using the editor is painstakingly tedious. The "Create a club" interface is, as far as I can tell, very nifty done and could really help you to create ONE club with a bunch of self created players.

I agree, and this was actually a serious selling point for me in my purchase of FM16. This feature has been mis-sold. I know most of the SI bods are in bed / out now but I've seen a few points raised on this and I hope they're going to deal with it.

AI teams seem to be very aggressive in signing staff members.

I never witnessed such a battle for my staff members in any other FM versions. I lost 3 within the first two weeks. And I am playing a 2nd Division club...

A tiny issue that I find annoying - Aston Villa's main team colours on FM16 are claret with white, instead of the normal claret and sky blue. I know they play in white shorts, but their iconic colours have always been claret and blue.

Just something I think should be corrected.

A tiny issue that I find annoying - Aston Villa's main team colours on FM16 are claret with white, instead of the normal claret and sky blue. I know they play in white shorts, but their iconic colours have always been claret and blue.

Just something I think should be corrected.

Here please : http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/504-Database-and-Research-Issues

Aside from the fact that my manager avatar looks like a mutant, some crazy things to consider:

- I can't have a beard (Sorry Kloppy, you can't be a manager in FM)

- My tie HAS to be RED!? (I'm an Everton fan FFS)

- When I put in my height/weight (5'9", 180lbs) I look like a heifer

I like the 'player does not have match sharpness and may not be able to see out the game' message

As well as the fitness tests for players that you could think about playing

I like the 'suitability' bar for the player role, I spend more time looking at that than I do the position rating (even if it does mean I end up playing a poorer player)

When you get your periodical staff reports, it includes suggestions to change player role etc.

I'm aware FM has lots of tactic options like just setting roles to players, instructions to roles, or something along those lines but I never use them.

If I click to apply this staff advice will it set one of these advance player specific instructions, or will it just change my default tactic for whoever is placed in that role

Aside from the fact that my manager avatar looks like a mutant, some crazy things to consider:

Obviously too many pages to read through but its been said a few times in here that part of you tie or zip or whatever that is red will change to team colors

This feature has been mis-sold.

I'm not sure if it's been mis-sold as such- although I don't have the Beta myself, it sounds as though my predictions for it based on the released screenshot were reasonably close? It always looked like it was more of a cosmetic reskinning feature than an actual start-from-scratch concept.

Although I will say that putting a limit on created players seems a bit unnecessary.

Game speed between highlights seems very slow, even with the slider at max. Could just be my laptop performance, but FM15 was fine.

Also, strangely in matches I can't seem to expand the 'team ratings' widget for my team to make it big enough to include substitute players, but I can do with the opposing team's ratings.

And, as others have said, I'm not a fan of the blurring background at all.

- I can't have a beard (Sorry Kloppy, you can't be a manager in FM)

- When I put in my height/weight (5'9", 180lbs) I look like a heifer

-No beard... yet

-Tie defaults to your new teams colours.

- All in all, the create-a-manager tool is as wip as they come, and will be improved as the game progresses i'm sure.

I'm not sure if it's been mis-sold as such- although I don't have the Beta myself, it sounds as though my predictions for it based on the released screenshot were reasonably close? It always looked like it was more of a cosmetic reskinning feature than an actual start-from-scratch concept.

Although I will say that putting a limit on created players seems a bit unnecessary.

it kind of is a start-from scratch concept

having explored it

you rename a club

you're given the option to wipe their history

you're given the option to wipe their affiliates

you're given the option to clear the backroom staff (the board is retained though)

you can change the reputation and attendance

you can change the kit colours (should be able to change design too, but there's issues right now)

you CANNOT change the finances

you then move onto a squad, which is (by default) the club you rewrite

you do have the option to retain them all, or clear them all if you want

you can create players - to the extent that you can in the editor (although not reputation or dual nationality)

you're then given the budget (comes from the initial squad finances) to create a first-team squad (the reserves/u21s/u18s are retained)

the players that were originally there that don't get retained get released on a freebie

I now have a strong desire to see my short fat avatar close up at times during the match...

I've been playing and in 3d almost constantly since release and your post is the first time since the first game I've remembered there are managers now.

Made me wonder:

- Has any basic attempt to replicate real manager attire and/or proportions in the DB?

- Will retiring players who become managers then keep their appearance and particularly proportions for their manager?

- What about newgens that later retire?

- Why do I care about these questions?

The game generally runs fine, navigating between screens, pressing buttons, matches, etc. But whenever I press 'continue' it seems to slow my whole computer down. I play in windowed mode 'cause I'm usually doing something else when playing and the whole thing becomes really juddery. Never been a problem with previous FM's.

Anyone else experience similar>?

Lawlore you were pretty spot-on the mark and you obviously follow these things closely. Lots of us don't follow such things as closely. If I think I'm "creating a club" then what SI have given us doesn't 'create a club'.

As you said and I agree, the limitations seem unnecessary.

having explored it

you rename a club

you're given the option to clear the backroom staff (the board is retained though)

you can change the kit colours (should be able to change design too, but there's issues right now)

you can create players - to the extent that you can in the editor (although not reputation or dual nationality)

you're then given the budget (comes from the initial squad finances) to create a first-team squad (the reserves/u21s/u18s are retained)

the players that were originally there that don't get retained get released on a freebie

Yep, but within those stadia / revenue / financial limits is key - hence you're not creating a club. Instead, you're making cosmetic modifications to a current club, or engaging in "fantasy draft" - which is fine if you want to play that :) ... but its not creating a club.

IMO it is mis-sold - and its unnecessary.

Not entirely sure of the point of this post but today I've been laughing along at the points showing how terrible the newgen faces are, but for the last wee while I've been sat at my desk kind of playing FM whilst studying, with FM up on my large TV on the other side of the room. When my new youth recruits came through, with the benefit of distance some (not all) of their pictures actually could pass as photographs.

Not sure if I got a good bunch or just being too close to screen harms them, but there are obviously good faces in there somewhere!

How do you get to play FM on your TV? Not questioning it, but would like to know how so I can do the same.

Liking lots of what I see in FM16 but I am really disappointed with the limitations of Create-a-club.

The title implies that you can create your own fantasy club, presumably with players of your choice, you have licence to dream.

In reality this is not the case because:

- you can't edit finances hence...

- ... you can't edit the wage bill hence...

- .. you can't add your own / create your own players, expect within very strict limits

Hence, the create-a-club options are very cosmetic e.g. playing colours, name, badge. So, you're not really creating a club at all.

People will have different ways in which they wanted to use this. For me, I wanted to use it to edit a current club e.g. my beloved Sunderland, make a few tweaks re. the badge, stadium, and then add a team of legendary former players.

Whatever people will use this for they'll have one thing in common, they want, in some way or other, to indulge themselves. But the restrictions mean we can't do this, the creativity is very very limited.

Why have you done this, SI?

I suspect I have an answer, that this is meant to dovetail with "fantasy draft" and I understand there would need to be limitations for that in order to have game balance.

However, forcing these limitations on the single player is a mistake IMO. Furthermore, I will be frank with you, this is not "creating a club" and as it stands, you have mis-sold the product. I know this is Beta and you may make changes but, even at Beta level, this is pretty poor, SI.

Constructive suggestions:

- remove all limitations on create-a-club. Let people edit their stadium size, finances, wage bill, add new players, create their own players (unlimited, beyond "2" please)

- by all means, put some kind of lock in if people wish to play fantasy draft - that's understandable, but don't force it on the rest of us

- think about how you market things, and whether the reality sits with that - because when it doesn't you lose goodwill, and people don't buy your product. I've skipped editions of FM because of lost goodwill, that means you lost my money, and one day we won't come back

Strong criticism from me - now take it on the chin SI :)

I was looking forward to this feature because I play FMC (FMT) but sorry to say that I am also disappointed with the limitations of Create-a-club.

Can't do quite as much as I was expecting/hoping as I had a few ideas for saves.

Having said that maybe it's partly because I found a workaround on FMC15 and still very much enjoying that save.

How do you get to play FM on your TV? Not questioning it, but would like to know how so I can do the same.

I'm doing that right now! Just plug your PC/Laptop into your TV via an HDMI cable if you have one. Looks great on the TV this year. Normally I have to go windowed then fiddle about with the window size so it 'fits' perfectly on the TV screen, but this year, full screen corresponds exactly with the telly screen. Which is nice.

With a HDMI cable and the screens extended (because I'm "studying" on PC) - I have a 7m cable.

You could also use steam link but I haven't even taken mine out the box, as I understand it it only allows you to duplicate screen not extend.

I'm doing that right now! Just plug your PC/Laptop into your TV via an HDMI cable if you have one. Looks great on the TV this year. Normally I have to go windowed then fiddle about with the window size so it 'fits' perfectly on the TV screen, but this year, full screen corresponds exactly with the telly screen. Which is nice.

Thanks for that, unfortunately my PC and TV are in separate rooms.

having explored it

you rename a club

Yep, its something that will grow and develop, and like anything new, will probably have a mis-step or two

Ahh, thank you, I will do that.

Sorry if that advice sounded a little patronising, I just meant because I'd rushed into buying it due to not researching properly.

Back on topic I was on the verge of posting asking for game to be made harder at lunch time as my unfancied Preston team were 2nd in November. 3 games of the season left and in relegation zone on goal difference. Bloody fm. I love fm

Dear SI, please go back to the jersey/kit version, this is just terrible to look at and totally ruins the game for me.

Ugly_zps6e2qmgtg.png

Is there another way you could put the roll and duty where it was in FM 15? it makes the game look so bad and it looks like it comes from my old commodore 64

on another note i LOVE the team meeting where your staff give you advice how to play the up coming opponent, ie play narrow, play higher up the pitch and let the team play with creativity. LOVE IT.

Yep, its something that will grow and develop, and like anything new, will probably have a mis-step or two

Mis-step, I think they fell down the stairs, broke a leg and are out for the season.

Just did a little search - response to query on FM Twitter a/c is revealing. If FM staff / SI don't even know themselves... hmm...

https://twitter.com/footballmanager/status/640881963830632449

I got a couple players on trial with my created club, since i got no money to spend, but i can't see their full stats, is this alright??

Lewis%20Aird_.png

Yes that is right. The longer you have them on trial, the more their stats will be revealed. I think this was introduced in FM14? The idea is that it takes some watching to get to know a player well enough to have a full attribute revelation.

Re. the tactics screen, boxes rather than shirts. I do get what people are saying, less aesthetically pleasing and perhaps less contextual. That said, I do like the increased functionality and interaction.

Miles Jacobsen, who btw I'm not always the biggest fan of ... (not sure how many have seen this vid?) makes the case very well IMO. He's got me onside on this one and I think its one of those things I'll get used to and fully appreciate in time :)

https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/642374311827734529 - link takes you to a 5 min vid.

Re. the tactics screen, boxes rather than shirts. I do get what people are saying, less aesthetically pleasing and perhaps less contextual. That said, I do like the increased functionality and interaction.

Miles Jacobsen, who btw I'm not always the biggest fan of ... (not sure how many have seen this vid?) makes the case very well IMO. He's got me onside on this one and I think its one of those things I'll get used to and fully appreciate in time :)

https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/642374311827734529 - link takes you to a 5 min vid.

Everyone has their own preferences of course, and some won't like it. I did not at first, but after seeing the explanations for it, and then using it I have come to really like it. I stopped noticing that they weren't shirts after an hour or so.

Everyone has their own preferences of course, and some won't like it. I did not at first, but after seeing the explanations for it, and then using it I have come to really like it. I stopped noticing that they weren't shirts after an hour or so.

specific feedback for SI

One thing when you're making a substitution, you have to drag an elongated vertical rectangle onto a square, and its not obvious on which square the interchange is going to be with. I got the wrong player swapped a few times in a friendly game.

Possibly something simple that an arrow that points, or a very visible way of highlighting the swap / interaction might help with this?

@Dr Hook - yes, generally I agree with you :)

• SI Staff
I cannot seem to find how to increase the training intensity for my players on an individual basis - has this been removed?

Yes this has been removed. This is now calculated by how many additional pieces of training you assign them, such as Additional Focus, PPMs, etc.

The individual training workload can be viewed towards the bottom of that player's training page, under the title 'Workload'.

Cheers,

Seb.

• SI Staff
Is it just me or the tactics familiarity is way to slow comparing to fm15?

Areas such as this are always receiving tweaks and improvements.

If you think you have an issue/bug here please do post in: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Details on uploading saves/screenshots to our FTP can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044

Cheers,

Seb.

snip

I realise it will look different for different people depending on how their screen is made/configured, but doesn't anyone find this hard to read?

Sorry if it comes up huge again

light red on red can be difficult

although it's probably a Middlesbrough thing (due to their colour scheme)

Archived