Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's about as easy as it comes.
PSV, CSKA Moskva and Wolfsburg in our group (B). Should get out of the group.
We should be winning that group, not too bad.
Grand draw, that.
Great draw there, also great to see arsenal and city get tough draws.
That all said, we should really win the group, and to not qualify at all would be unforgivable.
City wont qualify, Arsenal 2nd place finish and knocked out in the 2nd round. United and Chelsea to win their groups easily.

Darn... only dion has anything worthwhile...

Aye that group was pish. Even Moyes had harder and we strolled it.

Keeping some of the players allows for more rotation. Leading to less injuries. Half the team look absolutely shot after about 30 minutes each game and it's only December.

And it is December - lots of games to come thick and fast. Hate to think what the squad is going to look like by the time the window opens.

Got what we deserved, ballsed the group up from the start, to sub off two of our most experienced players in Basti and Mata tonight was quite baffling.

Hope we take the EL seriously but I doubt LvG will, only seems interested in the league.

Two more injuries in Smalling and Darmian. :( not expecting to beat Bournemouth on Saturday now.

Got what we deserved, ballsed the group up from the start, to sub off two of our most experienced players in Basti and Mata tonight was quite baffling.

Hope we take the EL seriously but I doubt LvG will, only seems interested in the league.

Two more injuries in Smalling and Darmian. :( not expecting to beat Bournemouth on Saturday now.

I'm the opposite EL can be a run out for the reserves, The league take's complete priority.

If the other teams get there act together and Liverpool keep improving, we may need to win it to get champions league football..

We are poor against Pl teams week to week and to win the EL you need a fit young squad(in midfield to play Thursday night then sat,sun games) The last thing we need.

For all the money spent, it really is difficult to come up with a convincing argument that our squad is better than when LvG joined. Can you really trust him to spend more money?

It may not be better right now (think it is, though) but we have a pretty young squad, and I expect players like Martial and Depay to improve over the next few years. Not a bad batch of youngsters either, and due to the thin squad they are getting chances they wouldn't get under Sir Alex.

For all the talk of a good defence and too restrictive attacking play, perhaps we saw today why LVG tends to play that way with us. With Shaw out, the only truly good enough defender we have is Smalling. As a result we get torn open when we look to attack. With Jones a permacrock, it sure would be great with another top central defender to pair up with Smalling.

Like someone wrote above, however, the players sold aren't exactly missed. Sure, it would be useful to have Hernandez, Nani and Rafael as backup. But Rafael is more injured than fit, Nani is a confidence player and rarely played (hence a bit crap when he did), and Hernandez has the first touch of a suicide belt.

If the other teams get there act together and Liverpool keep improving, we may need to win it to get champions league football..

You do realise if Chelsea & Arsenal are knocked & the Italian sides do well this year, we might not have four sides in the Champions league for long.

As for additional transfer funds, don't give them to Van Gaal he will only waste it.

It's not just the poor displays now, it's the fact that we have a tiny squad decimated by injuries and that is only down to one person.

And now we've got to deal with that over the christmas period. :mad:

So Ferguson leaving us with a pile of turd and Moyes failing to replace any of those turds (except Mata) is LVGs fault? Where's Woodwards role in this? It was allegedly his fault when Moyes was being blamed...

LVG is as culpable as all three mentioned previously with some awful signings of his own and strange substitutions. however, he's the man in charge and is building for the future with young players and a system of playing all the things Moyes failed to do.

Get rid now and the cycle restarts and we will all be moaning in 12 months time. We need 10 new world class players if you look at last nights squad. £400 million anyone?

Get everyone fit again and things will change and we can continue to build.

He's been there for 3 transfer windows. We were screaming for him to buy a couple of CB's and he didn't buy any. We knew key injuries were going to reduce our defence to nothing. I don't know why he didn't see it.

He's been there for 3 transfer windows. We were screaming for him to buy a couple of CB's and he didn't buy any. We knew key injuries were going to reduce our defence to nothing. I don't know why he didn't see it.

There was no value in the market for said position

#JustArsenalThings #IFeelYourPain

He has had 18 months, three transfer windows including a full uninterrupted summer to work with the squad. While you could argue that he has improved on some of the flaws in the squad he's created just as many. We started the season depending on Rooney having a blinder of a campaign or Memphis hitting the ground running. While Darman was a good addition we are quite regularly playing with two midfielder's in defence as for some reason started the season with fewer players in that area then we had the year before, despite that area being one of the biggest issues with the team.

I'm not quite at the 'sack him' stage though but I've have zero qualms about replacing him if someone like Guardiola (zero chance) or Ancelotti are available.

Maybe its frustration but I'm seeing very little of this development I keep hearing about and unless we have a blinder of a January transfer window it's going to be a very long end to the season. I don't expect us to win the title, challenge for a cup or set the world alight anytime soon, I just want to see the team and mentality improve.

He steadied the ship and I'm thankful, but I'm starting to feel a genuine dislike for the man and I can't see how he's going to be the one to either take us forward or leave the team in a good enough state for someone like Giggs to take over and be successful with.

Lindegaard

Rafael Vidic Evans Evra

Nani Kagawa Fletcher Di Maria

RVP Chicha

v our current team.

Who'd win?

Vs

DDG

Darmien Smalling Jones Shaw

Schneiderlin Herrea

Mata

Young Depay

Martial

Our current team wins.

and LVG didn't sell Vidic

Thanks. He didn't sell Djemba Djemba either. What game we playing?

That old team rips us apart tbf.

When they were all in their peak yeah, but not today.

Why not put Ronaldo in there then, he would still rip us apart too.

Because our current players are at their peak?

What?

There is no way that team beats our current team. Everyone, bar Di Maria, was in either in decline or not good enough.

A midfield 2 of Fletch and Kagawa is nowhere near good enough to play against any 2 of our current midfielders (Not Fellaini :D)

Lindegaard

Rafael Vidic Evans Evra

Nani Kagawa Fletcher Di Maria

RVP Chicha

v our current team.

Who'd win?

If our current team is managed by LVG then the team you quoted wins. We've played far worse teams than that and failed to win or lost.

Personally no but im sure he fits the bill of the experienced big name that many are crying out for, there aren't many to go and get. Klopp would have been great, a bit jealous of Liverpool there me.

If he keeps up his recent form, you won't be for long.

If Fergie is the manager I think the answer is obvious. Sigh.

I think LVG has done some good stuff, he's got rid of the dead wood and started to stabilise a squad of good players. But he looks like football has passed him by in a way and its hard to see his methods yielding any more success than what he is getting now.

I think the time is right for someone else to come in and try to be more adventurous. I personally would give Giggs a go until the end of the season, I know he is inexperienced in management but in terms of Manchester United he is as experienced as anyone. When he did take charge for 6 games there were positive signs and a good feel among the fan base. We need a manager who can appease the fan base as much as anything. If that doesn't work then come the end of this season im sure Mourinho, Ancelotti, maybe Guardiola or other big names will be available to try something else. I know most don't agree with this but im probably too much a romantic and want that homegrown manager.

We slip to 5th and lose to Sheffield during Xmas and you will get your wish.

If Fergie is the manager I think the answer is obvious. Sigh.

I think LVG has done some good stuff, he's got rid of the dead wood and started to stabilise a squad of good players. But he looks like football has passed him by in a way and its hard to see his methods yielding any more success than what he is getting now.

I think the time is right for someone else to come in and try to be more adventurous. I personally would give Giggs a go until the end of the season, I know he is inexperienced in management but in terms of Manchester United he is as experienced as anyone. When he did take charge for 6 games there were positive signs and a good feel among the fan base. We need a manager who can appease the fan base as much as anything. If that doesn't work then come the end of this season im sure Mourinho, Ancelotti, maybe Guardiola or other big names will be available to try something else. I know most don't agree with this but im probably too much a romantic and want that homegrown manager.

Giggs? no thanks. No sure he would appease the fan base any more either, especially when Ancellotti is free an interested.

Still think the 2011-2012 CL debacle was worst, Wolfsburg is a bit better than Benfica while PSV is weaker than Basel of that season (with Shaq, Sommer and Xhaka)

Think it was worst because you guys reached the final the year before that

We are the club equivalent of Scotland. Everyone else is at the big event except us and we are not even exciting in defeat :(

Scotland don't have to play in the Europa League tbf, they got off lightly.

Still think the 2011-2012 CL debacle was worst, Wolfsburg is a bit better than Benfica while PSV is weaker than Basel of that season (with Shaq, Sommer and Xhaka)

Think it was worst because you guys reached the final the year before that

Probably was purely because it was Fergie and expectations are higher.

LVG is no better than moyes. lvg has better results in the PL (5pts more) but moyes is actually capable of getting the team to perform in Europe. Also Moyes plays a more attractive style of play.

People laugh at Chelsea's poor situation but I'd much prefer to be in Chelsea's position then united's. Chelsea have been awful in the league but have a class manager who can turn things round and are at least performing well in the CL.

Some of the stuff the club is now briefing the media with is ridiculous and embarressing.

We're out the Champions League because we can't play our matches on a Friday? Didn't stop Arsenal, Chelsea, City or even PSV in or own group.

Premier League is harder to win so we're going to focus on that one from now on? Baloney.

Some of the stuff the club is now briefing the media with is ridiculous and embarressing.

We're out the Champions League because we can't play our matches on a Friday? Didn't stop Arsenal, Chelsea, City or even PSV in or own group.

Premier League is harder to win so we're going to focus on that one from now on? Baloney.

He's going to be in a tough place with the players and fans if they don't win it now too.

What's been said?

We are playing Thursday now so yeh we can't play on Friday...

Archived