Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool. So not just me.

Obviously not just you. Bringing on Powell - again - is beyond ludicrous ... some people on here argue just for the sake of it though. They have to have their own super special opinions, even if it's just pedantic differences.

Obviously not just you. Bringing on Powell - again - is beyond ludicrous ... some people on here argue just for the sake of it though. They have to have their own super special opinions, even if it's just pedantic differences.

You've met Coldberg then :D

Giggs till the end of the season for me. He does well the job is his. Things don't improve we get someone else in. LGV has laid the foundations but has taken us as far as him can.

Thought we looked good in the first half, the second half was shocking.

Not sure "hoofing it to Fellaini is a bit of a **** tactic" is a "super-special" opinion.

Trying something a bit dumb and off the wall is better than sticking with something that won't work. People kicked off about Nani coming off for Macheda, Macheda wasn't especially good either. Sometimes stupid stuff works, sometimes it doesn't. When you have nothing to lose there's no harm in trying and Fellaini clearly wasn't working.

With Young on the bench? I don't theeeenk so.

Maybe Young is in doghouse. Maybe he looked at LVG during training and said wtf are you thinking. Probably like Giggs thinks most days.

Wouldn't have had any objection to Young coming on either. Probably would have brought him on for Depay towards the end anyway though as he was beginning to tire. Young has one assists in 10 appearances this season though so the odds of him providing us with anything is slim anyway. Like I said, loads of crap options, might as well try something.

The most sickening thing for me is how fast this went this far south. Seems like it started with LC exit but we didnt quite realize it yet. This was supposed to be an easy run of matches.

And absolutely nothing is easy at the moment. Brushing their teeth is probably tough.

Not blaming the manager for the situation we found ourselves in. 2 awful goals to concede. But we didn't look bad going forwards. We needed a goal and like i said before, i was optimistic we'd get one if we carried on.

His solution was to bring off Fellaini, who imo was fine, for someone that was never going to improve our situation. He was going to make it worse. And he did. And there went our chance of getting something out the game.

Young definitely would have made much more sense imo. He's not been amazing by any means, I agree, but he's actually the most creative option we had on the bench - at least when played as a winger and not a full back. And Depay really had offered nothing more than Fellaini in the second half. Also Powell didn't do anything in midweek to warrant another "chance" imo.

Crazy as it is I still think we can win the league if we get 2-3 good signings in January. Not sure what to make of that. Doubt we'll even get 1 though, so probably not gonna find out.

Good news, should have been there from the start of the season but this is exactly what he needs.

Or, more evidence that he's above that level, is getting little to nothing from it and should be playing here (and should have been since the start of the season).

We have about 10 players out. What do you suggest? You can only register 25.

By my count we've got 20 registered, assuming Powell counts as over 21.

Utter shambles again today. Depay looked good at least, Lingard too until he went off; but LvG needs to get his head out of religiously doing something that was once successful over and over and over again in the hope that it will bear fruit again, long after the defence have adjusted accordingly. Sentiment for his whole reign really. Did we deliberately create anything other than the goal today?

Worried he's going to sign someone like Lavezzi in Jan and go back to a 3-3-2-2 or the AZ style 4-4-2 and pump balls into the channels for him to chase. Get rid now.

Or, more evidence that he's above that level, is getting little to nothing from it and should be playing here (and should have been since the start of the season).

Well we have strong evidence that he isn't ready to be here yet and he isn't scoring 2-3 a game, so that's incredibly unlikely. But then why would anyone expect someone who was 19 with 20 professional appearances at the start of the season to be ready for United? That would be a totally unreasonable thing to dump on someone, it would be setting them up to fail. Playing 35-40 games and scoring 20 goals would do him the world of good, especially consistent game time against fully developed defenders.

Barcelona might be our saviour again, they seem to be interested in Lavezzi given their financial situation.

Well we have strong evidence that he isn't ready to be here yet

What's this evidence then? He's started three league games for us and looked like he belonged in each. That's in absolute terms, without considering the various **** poor showings from a string of bigger names over the past 18 months.

What's this evidence then? He's started three league games for us and looked like he belonged in each. That's in absolute terms, without considering the various **** poor showings from a string of bigger names over the past 18 months.

In one. Which is understandable, what with him being 18 and 19 at the time.

He was almost anonymous in both the Stoke game and the Liverpool game, he managed a combined total of 2 shots in 170 minutes of football.

Admittedly that would fit right in with what we're doing now, but it's still not fair on Wilson. He needs to go on loan and play lots, just like virtually every other youth player. I'm sure we could have used him right now, that doesn't mean it's right for him or us in the long term.

:D Love that dion's baseline for any kind of contribution from a striker now appears to be 2 goals per game.

No, my baseline for making a mockery of the level you're currently playing at to a degree that it is worthless to your development is more than scoring a goal in each of your first two starts appearances. He's played well, he isn't the Championships version of Neymar. But then you knew that was nonsense to begin with anyway.

I remember reading in August that LvG said Man Utd were going to go for quality and not quantity.

I thought at the time they were getting rid of so many players, "surely you need both?"

Too many players in a Utd shirt that don't deserve to be in one.

Strange as well as the EPL is there for the taking, no team really grabbing it though.

I've been one of those supporters lately who not been happy with the way we been playing and criticizing Louis van Gaal tactics, but I've given some thought and last season under Louis van Gaal we were to open at the back and couldn't keep possession before ball came back at us to quickly, so we relied on David de Gea to bail us out of a situation, who good season last season. But this season Louis van Gaal has tight up at the back and we are keep possession now, but when opens up his tactics to play more attacking, we don't seem to be as tight at the back. It's a shame that Louis van Gaal is as old as he is, because if he stayed on longer into his project we might see the benefit of his tactics and training methods. He is try to bring United into modern era of football with tactics keeping possession and the Dutch way of training with players being adaptable to play in different positions etc. And we have been spoiled with Sir Alex Ferguson way of playing by attacking and putting opposition on the back foot. I have been frustrated watching them this season. Being realistic after Liverpool dominated the late seventies and the early eighties they haven't the league again yet, look how many managers they've been through trying to find the right manager to win the league again. I hope we don't go as long as we did between Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex Ferguson before we win the league again. Also if we look back at Sir Alex Ferguson reign he did struggle to find the right formula earlier on in his reign and brought a lot of players and got rid of a lot as well before he found the right formula. Also the first crop youngsters came in called Fergie's fledglings before he produce the class of '92 that came through the ranks during injury period at Old Trafford. I personally would put up with indifferent results if he was using the youth system and producing a younger team playing modern style of attacking/possession base football than buying fifty million plus players.

You don't hear much about what Louis van Gaal is doing with the youth teams, if he changed the style the way they play. Also a lot of the players that have been a round a long time at Old Trafford were brought in by Sir Alex Ferguson who preferred to play a classic British style 4-4-2 playing with wingers,a poacher and a support striker, and aging squad of players. So Louis van Gaal needed to clear out a few of them who were past their best and who are not suited to playing his way. Also he's playing catch up because Sir Alex Ferguson hadn't rebuilt the squad like he used to, there he planned a year or two ahead before they came past their best because of deciding to retire. Plus in his last season he brought in Robin van Persie from Arsenal to score the goals to win the league, so he could retire on a high (a last throw of the dice for him). Then we had David Moyes fiasco in the transfer market summer and winter window went bye. Then Louis van Gaal didn't start the job until late summer because of the Dutch playing in the world cup in Brazil, so we were slow off the mark signing players. But if the board went down line and decided to sack Louis van Gaal, I would like see someone Pep (Josep) Guardiola to come in, who would take Louis van Gaal project on to the next level or someone like Michael Laudrup who plays modern style possession football with wingers. If I had to pick a former player to be the new manager I would pick Mark Hughes. Not sure if I'm only United fan who forgive him for managing Manchester City, but my eyes he is still a United legend (one of our own).

Two points worse off after 16 games than last season, despite our dreadful start last season, and having gone to Eastlands as well as the Emirates. Progress.

Only 3 points better than Moyes, when we'd been to Eastlands, Anfield and WHL.

Two points worse off after 16 games than last season, despite our dreadful start last season, and having gone to Eastlands as well as the Emirates. Progress.

Only 3 points better than Moyes, when we'd been to Eastlands, Anfield and WHL.

After spending £250m and with the whole league looking like turd. Lipton is right, we are not any closer than we were under Moyes.

SAF was a witchdoctor. If we want to compete nowadays, we need a squad that screams of ability when you look at it on paper and I don't think ours does.

After spending £250m and with the whole league looking like turd. Lipton is right, we are not any closer than we were under Moyes.

SAF was a witchdoctor. If we want to compete nowadays, we need a squad that screams of ability when you look at it on paper and I don't think ours does.

Depends on what constitutes 'competing'. We're streets ahead of Leicester on paper, but three points behind after a game more.

Saw Troy Deeney on that Goals program on Sunday Morning on Sky. He was talking about Man Utd, & said something that summed up Van Gaal. Bournemouth had horrendous injuries but Eddie Howe has not mentioned that as any excuse these last few weeks, but contrasted this with Van Moaner & Man Utd constantly making excuses due to their injury crisis in the same period. I think it shows how we are being perceived by everyone and become a right joke.

Archived