Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so many things wrong with the lineup its no surprise we are behind.

The defence is the best we can ask for with the injuries, but in front of that its just a shambles.

Fellaini and Rooney should be nowhere near the starting 11 and Mata and Martial are in the wrong positions.

He has to go now, I've had enough :(

Just so many things wrong with the lineup its no surprise we are behind.

Easy to blame LVG but what the **** are the players doing.

Not like if he goes and another manger comes in the attacking switch will be flipped and we'll score 5 a game. Something's not right.

At least now that'll be the kick the team needs to step up a few gears.

oh. We're ****ed then.

Won't be a 0-0 at least.

When have we ever seen a LVG team 'step up a gear' after going behind, or even just conceding a goal though?

We will, sadly, continue to play exactly the same way for the remainder of the game.

When have we ever seen a LVG team 'step up a gear' after going behind, or even just conceding a goal though?

We will, sadly, continue to play exactly the same way for the remainder of the game.

Did you just stop reading my post after the first sentence?

Easy to blame LVG but what the **** are the players doing.

Not like if he goes and another manger comes in the attacking switch will be flipped and we'll score 5 a game. Something's not right.

It's weird because Rooney has been one of the better performances today and certainly isn't the reason we can't score (today), he's just not getting them to connect into a cohesive unit at all and that's a worry. I still think it's bollocks that he's telling them to be negative and keep the ball, I just don't think he knows what to do with them when he doesn't have someone like Robben or Rivaldo. Just like with our attacking players, it's a lack of ability rather than intent. At the moment they're both just making each other look worse than they are.

Yeah, look at it. He's clearly a very good manager. Not sure where you're going with any of this here.

My point maybe lost in my frustration.

He WAS a very good manager in my opinion. He's come to the Premier League too late in his career and the modern game has past him by. The job he was hired to do .. he can't do any more. Behind the scenes he maybe great .. just not on it.

I still think it's bollocks that he's telling them to be negative and keep the ball, I just don't think he knows what to do with them when he doesn't have someone like Robben or Rivaldo.

He's most definitely telling them to keep the ball, his whole attacking tactical plan is based on carousel-ing the ball around the opposition to eventually drag them out of position. But yeah, absolute nonsense that LVG wants to play negatively, or defence orientated, and I think you're right on the Robben/Rivaldo thing, which I think is what he hoped Depay would be this season (and di Maria last year).

Kane instead of Martial? We would never have bought both at nearly £100m

Yeah.

As good as Martial has been, he wasn't what we needed. We needed a striker who was going to score goals. Kane would've made much more sense.

Yeah.

As good as Martial has been, he wasn't what we needed. We needed a striker who was going to score goals. Kane would've made much more sense.

Disagree. Kane is decent at most things but great at nothing. Kane is neither a top player or has the potential to be one whilst Martial could be great.

My point maybe lost in my frustration.

He WAS a very good manager in my opinion. He's come to the Premier League too late in his career and the modern game has past him by. The job he was hired to do .. he can't do any more. Behind the scenes he maybe great .. just not on it.

Or every great manager has one job that doesn't work out for them if they work long enough. It's a job with so many external factors sometimes things just don't work out.

Ultimately you can get away with results or progress on the pitch, once you have neither it becomes very difficult. I'd liked to have seen out the season because it's unfair to chop someone during a bad injury patch but Mourinho is Mourinho and if we can't get Pep then it has to be him. Just hope he takes Giggs with him so he can stop looming behind the manager, people talked about SAF potentially being a spectre hanging around the place but he's been nothing like Giggs.

Archived