Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be funny if Mourinho goes United at the end of the season. I could see it and then you lot winning the league however if you are unhappy about LVG's style of play, then good luck with Mourinho.

Mourinho doesn't play attractive football but it's far more attractive style than LVG's.

Can we all stop saying about Mourinho going to united, why on earth would this ever be a thing after this seasons results for chelsea? LVG has united in a far better state than Mourinho had chelsea.

Is he though? We've just been lucky with results. Displays have been on par, if not worse than Chelsea's as of late. I'm not saying I'm supporting the idea of Mourinho to United in any way, I'm just saying that if Chelsea wanted Van Gaal now, I would drive him personally to Stamford Bridge if I lived in England.

Is he though? We've just been lucky with results. Displays have been on par, if not worse than Chelsea's as of late. I'm not saying I'm supporting the idea of Mourinho to United in any way, I'm just saying that if Chelsea wanted Van Gaal now, I would drive him personally to Stamford Bridge if I lived in England.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but this is very, very, very stupid.

The only explanation for a statement like that is having not watched Chelsea this season.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but this is very, very, very stupid.

The only explanation for a statement like that is having not watched Chelsea this season.

Tbf since September Chelsea have won five matches. We've won four.

Oh yeah, they've been abominable. But, though I don't believe it myself, I can see why there's a case that we're in a similar state, particularly based on recent results. Our league standing is significantly skewed by five wins from our first seven games; seven teams of which four have since changed manager.

That and the one league defeat since Arsenal.

If we'd skipped all our games before October 17th and just started playing then, we'd still only be 2 points behind Chelsea.

Like I said, it's not even in the same universe. We've been very poor for the last few months, Chelsea have less than a point a game and -17 GD on us. They're on a whole other planet of bad.

I do hope we don't do something crazy like bring him in. If you are really making a move, bring in Carlo. He is fresh and a proven winner. Jose is a great manager, but he seems burned out. Who knows what has been going on over there? With his family? With him? Whatever it is, it looks like he needs some air.

Carlo or stick it out with LVG and hope we get a player or two in the window.

I know we keep going on about getting the godly Pep, but would he bring any great success to the Premiership. I know anything is better than Van Bore, but Pep only two managerial roles have been two clubs who have a monopoly of funds in their league (Duopoly in Spain) which they for a start wouldn't get here, as all Premiership sides share the Sky money. Yes he would have sufficient funds here, but so will others including Liverpool, where another indulged manager is already finding it is not as easy as many thought. Also although the standard of football is not higher, the way football is played is of a high tempo throughout in nearly all games, which is certainly different to the slower build up play he is used to.

He's also never really had to build a team before. At Barcelona he already had all those great youth team products there, and he took over at Bayern just after they'd won the Champions League. I think we're a lot further from a finished article than either of those teams were.

To be fair, at Barcelona, Pep took over a team on the down, and had to rebuild the team. He sold Ronaldinho and Deco, the two stars of the old team, and rebuilt the team around Xavi. He also promoted many players like Busquets, not to mention bringing back Pique.

On the whole, I agree though, there are definitely still questions over whether he can pull off success in the EPL, which is a whole different ball game altogether.

Has anyone come out and debunked the rumour about Rooney yet? They've been floating around a while and they've made the paper that claimed he came in drunk retract so I assume this would be next. If he really has been battling depression for a while then that would explain a hell of a lot.

Because we've come out of a long term relationship with the perfect woman in Ferguson & we are rebounding all over the place. Moyes was the safe option but she had no personality & was boring. We're now with the crazy girl who does completely mental things but does the bare minimum to keep you interested.

Might as well go for the experienced girl that is Mourinho, been around, done everything but knowing it'll only be a short term thing. But those two years? They'll be awesome. Then she guts you & leaves you in a worse state than you've ever been.

Has anyone come out and debunked the rumour about Rooney yet? They've been floating around a while and they've made the paper that claimed he came in drunk retract so I assume this would be next. If he really has been battling depression for a while then that would explain a hell of a lot.

Depression? First Ive heard of it?

Red Issue seems confident that there is a non-football reason behind his absence.

The last couple of pages in the Rooney thread on Redcafe are full of it, depression and alcoholism. However there's no concrete source on anything so I expected it to have been publically rebuked like the story about him coming in drunk to training was. Hopefully it's not true, pretty horrible thing to have to deal with.

Why would we want Jose? Comes in, may win the league, great for two years and then burns the club to the ground and leaves it in a worse state than when he came.

Same reasons we should have got him in the first place - he gets us back to winning pots post-Fergie while his successor has a clean-up job rather than having to follow a dynasty.

I know we keep going on about getting the godly Pep, but would he bring any great success to the Premiership. I know anything is better than Van Bore, but Pep only two managerial roles have been two clubs who have a monopoly of funds in their league (Duopoly in Spain) which they for a start wouldn't get here, as all Premiership sides share the Sky money. Yes he would have sufficient funds here, but so will others including Liverpool, where another indulged manager is already finding it is not as easy as many thought. Also although the standard of football is not higher, the way football is played is of a high tempo throughout in nearly all games, which is certainly different to the slower build up play he is used to.

Lol... 250million worth of players is... "sufficient"

To say Klopp is not finding it easy with a pretty poor Liverpool side after no more than a few weeks to have worked with them seems a little harsh. He's done very good things in that time.

The tempo would be no issue. The Bundesliga is a very fast paced league thanks to sides like Levekusen and Dortmund.

To say Klopp is not finding it easy with a pretty poor Liverpool side after no more than a few weeks to have worked with them seems a little harsh. He's done very good things in that time.

The tempo would be no issue. The Bundesliga is a very fast paced league thanks to sides like Levekusen and Dortmund.

I am not saying Liverpool have a champions elect squad, as they don't, but all we kept hearing was as soon as the great Klopp was here everything would change for the better as he waved his magic wand. Unfortunately, things are not as simple as that, and a couple of incidents recently show that even he loses control rather easy when things don't go to plan. His silly comments/reactions to WBA/Pullis spring to mind.

My concerns regarding Pep is not that he isn't a top manager, but that it is a different scenario playing over here, & will not have a monopoly on funds & talent like he is used to. He maybe great, & be the greatest manager ever in these lands, but then until he manages he is an unknown quantity.

I am not saying Liverpool have a champions elect squad, as they don't, but all we kept hearing was as soon as the great Klopp was here everything would change for the better as he waved his magic wand. Unfortunately, things are not as simple as that, and a couple of incidents recently show that even he loses control rather easy when things don't go to plan. His silly comments/reactions to WBA/Pullis spring to mind.

My concerns regarding Pep is not that he isn't a top manager, but that it is a different scenario playing over here, & will not have a monopoly on funds & talent like he is used to. He maybe great, & be the greatest manager ever in these lands, but then until he manages he is an unknown quantity.

Yeah I agree, perhaps Ancelotti could take over? He does have incredible experience at managing top teams and creating a happy cohesive dressing room with his affable personality. Of course this is all wishful thinking, I expect LVG to carry on managing the club and the players displaying his sterile possession football on the pitch :mad:

It is one of those days where if we lose it's bad for obvious reasons but it is another step closer to getting LVG out. If we win it is good for obvious reasons but bad in that it gives LVG more time and there is less chance of us getting someone else in we would prefer - Pep, Carlo or whatever we think the answer is (IMO both are a better option than LVG).

It is one of those days where if we lose it's bad for obvious reasons but it is another step closer to getting LVG out. If we win it is good for obvious reasons but bad in that it gives LVG more time and there is less chance of us getting someone else in we would prefer - Pep, Carlo or whatever we think the answer is (IMO both are a better option than LVG).
I expect us to beat Norwich today, & even see Rooney score if he plays. Failure to do so will be very bad, as I can only see Aston Villa as being worse than them in the league. On the downside, that will keep LVG in the job longer.

Papers saying Carlo going to Bayern. And Jose not interested in taking time. Have to think Pep to Citeh for crazy money. That leaves....

Carrick playing in midfield by himself today then.

Hopefully Mata is back out to start from the right. He isn't very effective from the centre.

If we don't win today I will be firmly in the we need a change camp.

Archived