Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

On that note, Fergie have talked before about managers needing to win two fights. One on the field, and the other at the press conference. Looking for, or making up excuses are just the norm now for many of the managers at top clubs, unfortunately.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It speaks as much to our abysmal lack of experienced squad depth as to anything else. And this on LVG. Too many players let go, not enough experience on the bench. Now we are in a pickle. Need the transfer window. Wasn't Vidic a winter window special? :)

On that note, Fergie have talked before about managers needing to win two fights. One on the field, and the other at the press conference. Looking for, or making up excuses are just the norm now for many of the managers at top clubs, unfortunately.

I know that, but as Ferguson sides entertained for the most part & were successful winning things it didn't matter much to fans. Now it looks pathetic, particularly as the fool in charge was partly responsible for decimating the squad.

Just crazy. Spurs threw that match away. Should have wrapped in a bow first half. Liverpool perhaps coming back down to Earth. Not complaining. But now we have to start winning some matches.

Been following Prem since '98. Can think of a more unusual season than this one.

I'd have a lot of respect for him if he thought he couldn't turn the ship around and walked rather than waiting to be pushed. Part of me wants him to hang on under the summer if there is a chance of Pep, but otherwise Ancelotti would be handy.

Just anything but Giggs, literally anything but Giggs.

Having said that, I think that particular rumour is a fake.

LVG is just a bluffer and I was hoping we didn't finish top 4 last year(even though that feels like sacrilege wanting Utd not to win;)because Klopp and ancelotti were available who are both head and shoulders above him and play good attractive football and would get the right players wanting to join/and those already at club play for them

I am a long standing fan seen the average/bad/good times and from a time where it was a given that the club should stay loyal to the manager......but I believe even if he gets it right(I dont think he will) it will be dour/tedious stuff .....watching United now has become like going to see the mother in law you have to do it every week out of loyalty, even though it is painful :lol:

I will never stop watching United but I have to admit I have watched every dortmund game this year.......how refreshing it is to see flowing attacking football ...god help us if we draw them in Europa

Question is will we get more or less than the 58 goals Fergie got in his worst league season. I think we have a decent chance.

We've got a fantastic chance of getting more or less than 58 goals imo. Currently on course for 50 by my reckoning.

Evra too :cool:

And to be fair we have an entire starting 11 out. Bournemouth have 3 players out.

I read 9. Physioroom has 6 to our 8 as of now.

Regarding the quality of the squad, to suggest that the likes of de Gea, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Herrera and Mata provide a strong base to develop Depay, Januzaj, Martial and Wilson from seems something of an understatement. If anything with the defence seeming so poor on paper you'd think it'd make sense to go more hell for leather to try and either occupy or outscore the opposition.

We've got a fantastic chance of getting more or less than 58 goals imo. Currently on course for 50 by my reckoning.

I read 9. Physioroom has 6 to our 8 as of now.

Regarding the quality of the squad, to suggest that the likes of de Gea, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Herrera and Mata provide a strong base to develop Depay, Januzaj, Martial and Wilson from seems something of an understatement. If anything with the defence seeming so poor on paper you'd think it'd make sense to go more hell for leather to try and either occupy or outscore the opposition.

yes in the good old days it would be you score 2 we will get 3 etc etc

LVG seems to want robots and appears to have major OCD autistic traits he cant handle the free flowing game he has to have players in set positions doing what they are told ....the sad thing out of all this mess is we cant blame him he has always been like this and the board appointed him the same people who gave the job to moyes........a person who if the job was advertised his CV wouldn't have got him anywhere near an interview:brock:

it looks like we will miss the boat again on the manager we should have got ...Ancelotti he will end up at Bayern and pep will go to city hope I am wrong but cant see us making the right decision we will end up with LVG unless he falls on his sword...but then we will take the wrong option once again....Giggsy

got the answer

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE - LAST 32 POSSIBILITIES

• Last-32 round draw date: 12:00 GMT, Monday 14 December 2015

• Potential opponents for United: Anderlecht, Augsburg, Borussia Dortmund, Fenerbahce, Fiorentina, Galatasaray, Marseille, FC Midtjylland, Sevilla, Saint-Etienne, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sion, Sparta Prague, Sporting Lisbon, Valencia, Villarreal.

• Last-32 round match dates: first leg - Thursday 18 February, second leg - Thursday 25 February 2016.

I would agree with that poll don't want us to become a club who sack managers for the sake of it..........but I believe the time is right to be ruthless a BETTER manager is available the writing is on the wall we are going nowhere fast

get it done now for January window and with the right man on board it is there for the taking that is what makes it worse if we went for it the EPL is ours right man is FREE

If we don't beat Norwich at home that probably settles it.

Was looking at Dortmund. So Klopp leaves and they win their first 11 matches under Tuchel. Wonder how many Liverpool fans know

that.

Klopp was my first choice Ancelotti second but only slightly second, both miles ahead of LVG

as someone who lived in Germany several years ago I have a fondness for BVB and have seen all their games this year....if we play them in Europa and they take it seriously(full team) they will humiliate us:(

I'd prefer to go out to a more reputable team than these to be honest..

Being serious, I'd like to take it seriously. A european cup of any kind would be excellent experience for the likes of Martial, Smalling, Shaw (if he returns in time), Schneiderlin, Depay etc..

Some of the bigger names will be going out in this round also:

Fiorentina

v

Tottenham

Dortmund

v

Porto

Galatasaray

v

Lazio

Shakhtar Donets

v

Schalke

Marseille

v

Athletic

Sporting CP

v

Leverkusen

Villarreal

v

Napoli

What is Giggs actually doing? What is his contribution? Does he help pick the team? Is he putting the cones out? Is he taking training? Is he involved in devising tactics? Is he giving inspirational team talks? Is he a laptop guru, analysing the stats? Does he do the washing and make the toast?

And when those have been answered, exactly why is he the best choice to be doing whatever it is that he’s doing? Because whatever it is that he is doing, other than sitting on the bench looking like the ashen ghost of Christmas past, it’s not working, is it?

lol'd at the ghost bit.

That would be embarrassing if we lost, or is that what you want.

Not much more embarassing than losing to Midtjylland.

But no, I would have liked it bc it would have been very exciting to see them play a side managed by Neville.

That's a bit of a naive way of looking at things. There's plenty of ways Giggs could offer innovations to improve the situation if he was so inclined. It's why Mulensteen and Queiroz were great coaches. LvG isn't just going to ignore suggestions from his staff, he doesn't employ someone like Kluivert to be a yes-man or sit passively and act as an echo-chamber.

That's a bit of a naive way of looking at things. There's plenty of ways Giggs could offer innovations to improve the situation if he was so inclined. It's why Mulensteen and Queiroz were great coaches. LvG isn't just going to ignore suggestions from his staff, he doesn't employ someone like Kluivert to be a yes-man or sit passively and act as an echo-chamber.

Maybe but it wouldn't surprise me if he was doing more soaking in than directing much.

Youth kid: What did you do when you played for Man Utd?

Giggs: I ran at players.

Youth kid: Can we do that?

Giggs: Shhh. He'll hear you.

Archived