Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think despite everything we've got enough in us to beat Swansea at home. They are seriously **** this season. 2-0 Arsenal. Comfortable. And maybe that'll be enough to give this team the kick up the arse it badly needs to win on Saturday.

Anything other than three wins from the next three games is unthinkable really, it would be a disaster.

I hope we play Welbeck AND Giroud. Usually, I'd only like just one of them, taking turns leading the line. As it always happen, Giroud's goals, after too long a run of games, have dried up. Welbeck has scored a couple goals since his return, both of which very Giroud-esque. Problem is, none of our wingers are performing well at all. Right now, I'd much rather than Giroud on the pitch, than Walcott. So, I'd like to see Giroud leading the line, and Welbeck out wide.

Hoping for Alexis to return to form as well.

Ok I'll start. It won't be what the audience is expecting I'm afraid but then again I am sure they will get what they came for eventually.

The whole situation could be and perhaps should be analysed in wider perspective of club management, player handling and selection etc. But I will just address some details.

1. We've been playing badly starting at Christmas, with that Southamption defeat. We were lucky on some occasions like Newcastle, we were decent in some games like Barcelona to a certain point but generally something was wrong, we didn't look like hitting some sort of form. We were one man team at some stage and maybe that carried us through late autumn period but something changed around Christmas.

2. The first months of the season it looked to confirm the team was being built with the thought of a rapid counter attack being its main asset. If you go back to the win away at Leicester, I think all 5 goals were scored after quick, precise counters. It suited us very well IMO. At some point, I think it was the time we looked like real favourites to win the title, it seemed to to have completely change. We started to go all out forward with 4 players totally committed to attack. At the same time we started to get ourselves exposed the 13/14 style, with teams often running with 4-5 players at our 2 CBs and maybe a mispositioned DM. For me this is no coincidence.

3. We are poor defensively and actually do not have an effective midfield. Don't want to start a Ramsey discussion, the thing is he has been playing well (apart from finishing ofc) but I have a feeling it is not helping the team much. Maybe he's not really ready to be the CM in this team and be better played out wide. Yeah, I know some will say this team is not ready for him being the CM in it, but then again the so criticised Cazorla was doing extremely well as a CM in this team. I said last year Cazorla was the one who is going to be hardest to replace in our new system and it seems to have been true.

4. Wenger's stubbornness and sticking to his 'original concepts'. Campbell was and is in good form yet in many recent games he was omitted or Walcott or even Iwobi preferred to him. Just because Theo is ranked higher. I am a big fan of Walcott but since return from injury he has been mostly useless. Yet Wenger refuses to take form into consideration when he has his principles like playing Ramsey/Sanchez/now Walcott no matter what. I believe it cost us a few points.

5. Gabriel is not good enough and probably will never be.

All that said, what has recently happened is just absolutely unbelievable and unacceptable.

Cost me £100.

I did ****ing warn you.

Missed the game, probably won't bother for the rest of the season. Supporting this club is more trouble than it's worth

Wenger is finished. Needs to go, but the board won't sack him and I doubt Wenger has the dignity to resign

Archived