How can i sign Paul Pogba?

Simsejensen77

Ive seen many different people saying they got him in the second seaon, he might be expensive, but they got him.

Im in the last part of first season with Tottenham, and tried to say im interested in signing him, he just comes back saying he got no intention of signing for me :S

What can i do ?

I want this beast, and i want him badly :D

Ive seen many different people saying they got him in the second seaon, he might be expensive, but they got him.

Im in the last part of first season with Tottenham, and tried to say im interested in signing him, he just comes back saying he got no intention of signing for me :S

What can i do ?

I want this beast, and i want him badly :D

I signed him at Spurs for £40m in season 3. There was lots of cash up front, had to promise 50% of next transfer to Juve and 50% to him to try to keep his fee/wages down. I figured that I would retire him at spurs after a star studded career... Juve/Pog clearly didnt think about that.

Get selling Faz, Ade and Soldado!

Aguero might be pretty hard to shift from Man City. Juventus had a bid of over £60 mill accepted at start of third season on my save and he turned them down, but I imagine Messi and Ronaldo would the 2 most difficult.

I'm not having a lot of luck persuading Bayern to be reasonable over a couple of their unhappy players either. Despite barely playing any games and wanting moves away Bayern still want in excess of £30 mill for them.

Just had to pay 75mil to get an offer accepted after 2nd season (I'm United and just won European cup which may explain his interest). He is gonna cost me £300k every time he walks on the pitch tho and when taking into account agent and signing on fees they come to another 20mil - is he worth the outlay?

Just had to pay 75mil to get an offer accepted after 2nd season (I'm United and just won European cup which may explain his interest). He is gonna cost me £300k every time he walks on the pitch tho and when taking into account agent and signing on fees they come to another 20mil - is he worth the outlay?

He's pretty much the most complete midfielder on the game, however it's a stinking amount of money.

If you literally have nothing else to spend your money on then go for it. Personally, I would look at other players ahead of him for less money.

Cheers Macca, that's what I've had to do, I had a sale going through which was going to ensure I had the budget to complete the deal, only for the board to drop my revenue per sale to 35% from 100%. United board seriously having me off!

• 1 month later...

My second season with Liverpool having won the EPL and FA Cup in the first. I sold all the deadwood, brought in mostly young up and comers for my U21 & U18 squads. Romagnoli joined in July having been bought in first season. Bought Lucas Romero after scouting for three months using the money the club gave me for transfers at end of season 2014/15. With the money I got for Lucas, Assaidi, Aspas, Coates, Enrique et al plus the £34m kitty from the board I found that even after buying in the players I intended I still had a transfer kitty of £51m. Having done a three month scout on Paul Pogba and being told he could be bought for between £64 - £88m and for wages between £135 - £185kpw. I made an offer for him and eventually settled on £78m with £40 up front, £20m over 12 months + appearance + goals money for the rest. I get to talk and while we look like reaching an agreement on a contract his agent wants £8.5m for himself non-negotiable which is above what my board will allow for an agent and the whole deal collapses. Tried again but as soon as we get to the contract stage his agent won't negotiate anymore.

I had 40 Million down with further 50 Million over 48 months accepted end of season 1 with Man City, but I was to stubborn over his contract and by the time I got him back round the table to discuss agian the window was transfer window was shuting, (maybe January)

Just signed up for £70M total, £30M upfront + £40M spread over 48 months.

Man Utd at the start of second season, won the League + FA Cup. Believed that improved my rep and that's why he wanted to sign. Only declared interest - a few days before I sealed the transfer!

Just finished season 17/18 after taking over a struggling city who were I think 12th at Christmas when I took over and in knockouts of europa league. We ended up 5th in prem and won the europa league. Board gave me 150m to rebuild first signing was pogba 30m + 90m over 48 and a few other add ons. Should be interesting next season with a midfield 3 of bender kondogbia and pogba!

Yeah I went for it, they asked for around 60mil with a load of add ons so I went back with 50 mill all upfront and they took it pretty much straight away.

Just made his debut in a friendly V CFR Cluj, got a 9.1 rating and an assist and basically ran the show from his DM RPM position. Keeps this up and 50 mil will look like a bargain :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got him for a fairly modest £55mil just wondering does he have fitness problems for everyone or is it just in my save seems he can't cope with a game every 3 days not sure if it's his fitness or is it the fact that he played in the Olympics this summer

I got him at the start of my second season with Man Utd (having won the BPL) for £50 million, plus another £10 million for 30 league goals. Still in pre-season but he hasn't been performing very well, and Herrera is outplaying him at every opportunity.

I'll give him 6 months to start performing though and then I'll start having a whinge!

also had fitness problems with him so gave him 2 weeks rest and he complained why he wasnt playing!. Got pogba and jordan rossiter in centre of my midfield.

Glad it's not only me that has had fitness problems with him it's a shame because he's been class when he's played. Might give a 2 week break instead of a one week and see if that helps, hopefully he doesn't complain like he did on your save :)

Signed him at the start of the 2nd season for £47,5M and some clauses as Arsenal. Played him as roaming playmaker. In the 13 matches he played, he scored 5 goals, assisted 3 and had average rating of 8.13. Then in the match against West Ham 90+1 minutes played, me leading 3-0, some bone crusher tackles Pogba and breaks his foot. Now he is out for the next 4 months..

I just don't see why you'd bother, other than for the challenge of signing him. When you can pick up some world class potential regen for less than ten mil and about ten grand wages, why would you ever give anyone 200k+ a week and splurge 90 odd mil?

In about a decade of football manager games I don't think I've ever paid more than 120k a week in wages and that's only in this version.

I've had a bid accepted for him at about 85m, 30 odd upfront, but I just couldn't bring myself to agree to that fee and the ridiculous wages, bonuses and add ons he wanted when Romero and Samper had just won me the CL.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit accepted for about £200M in total in Jan 2020

His agent scuppered the deal by asking for £15M :)

Glad he did as even though I had the cash it was about 5 times more than I'd even spent on any before!!

Archived