Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

My eyes are bleeding by watching my team counter attacking after defended corner. The clearance got to my player with acres of space in front of him and 3 runners going against 1 defender, the player with ball just needs to kick the ball 30m anywhere towards the opposition goal line and we are 4 on 1 but he decides otherwise and slowly walks with ball on his feet for 5 seconds till the opposition gets back in position and then decides to pass the ball back from halfway line to my goalkeeper. This really drives me crazy and takes much fun away from game. My team isnt made of world beaters but the counter attacks are really poor and I as a sunday league footballer would be ashamed of such play.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My eyes are bleeding by watching my team counter attacking after defended corner. The clearance got to my player with acres of space in front of him and 3 runners going against 1 defender, the player with ball just needs to kick the ball 30m anywhere towards the opposition goal line and we are 4 on 1 but he decides otherwise and slowly walks with ball on his feet for 5 seconds till the opposition gets back in position and then decides to pass the ball back from halfway line to my goalkeeper. This really drives me crazy and takes much fun away from game. My team isnt made of world beaters but the counter attacks are really poor and I as a sunday league footballer would be ashamed of such play.

When you get an obvious fault like that the Devs would be grateful for a bug report and pkm of the match.

Anyone else struggling to defend with any other strategy bar attacking? I play a 4231 with two DM's and have been conceding a lot lately with either a defensive or standard strategy. Changed it back to attacking against Newcastle and had 27 shots with 7 on target to their 6 and 0. First time I haven't conceded 1 shot on target in a match for a while. Needless to say Tim Krul played like the Gordon Banks on steroids and I drew 0-0!!

It's a very strange game it has to be said. I beat Spurs away 2-0 and the next League game I beat Liverpool 3-0. Between that however I get knocked out of the Cup against 24th in the Championship Brentford 2-1 with them having 20 shots on goal, then after the Liverpool win I get tonked 4-1 at Everton!!!

Agree with Wolverinebrother's post above. Since the last patch the variety in finishing has died and it's such a shame. Strikers were placing shots in the corners, curling it past keepers and headed goals were a joy to watch. Now top class forwards hit it straight at the keeper or wide, and has anyone ever seen a goal where the keeper goes down early and the striker dinks it over him or one where a striker puts it through a keepers legs as in real life on a regular basis?!! Bar a few keeping errors, defending issues and tracking back problems from attacking AM's I think it was a pretty solid patch. Unfortunately because some thought there was a problem with too many goals (not that I noticed that) the new patch came out and it quite frankly is a major step back because not only has finishing lost it's variety and headed goals become a thing of rarity but the defensive issues, goalkeeping errors and tracking back issues remain. A real pity that a patch has actually created more issues than there were.

Anyone else struggling to defend with any other strategy bar attacking? I play a 4231 with two DM's and have been conceding a lot lately with either a defensive or standard strategy. Changed it back to attacking against Newcastle and had 27 shots with 7 on target to their 6 and 0. First time I haven't conceded 1 shot on target in a match for a while. Needless to say Tim Krul played like the Gordon Banks on steroids and I drew 0-0!!

I've used 4231 a lot, successfully, with defensive mentality. But I *always* set "Push Higher Up". This tactic requires a lot of nail biting though given the number of shots the opposition will be taking.

Hi, I was wondering if this might be a bug, or a new feature/change that I'm unaware of. Please take a look at the screenshot..

LfAuLjJ.png

It is. The Support Duty was only added to that Role in the last update, and changing text descriptions is always a long process due to the need to translate into multiple languages. As this change was made so recently, there wasn't time to amend the text.

It's a very strange game it has to be said. I beat Spurs away 2-0 and the next League game I beat Liverpool 3-0. Between that however I get knocked out of the Cup against 24th in the Championship Brentford 2-1 with them having 20 shots on goal, then after the Liverpool win I get tonked 4-1 at Everton!!!

Agree with Wolverinebrother's post above. Since the last patch the variety in finishing has died and it's such a shame. Strikers were placing shots in the corners, curling it past keepers and headed goals were a joy to watch. Now top class forwards hit it straight at the keeper or wide, and has anyone ever seen a goal where the keeper goes down early and the striker dinks it over him or one where a striker puts it through a keepers legs as in real life on a regular basis?!! Bar a few keeping errors, defending issues and tracking back problems from attacking AM's I think it was a pretty solid patch. Unfortunately because some thought there was a problem with too many goals (not that I noticed that) the new patch came out and it quite frankly is a major step back because not only has finishing lost it's variety and headed goals become a thing of rarity but the defensive issues, goalkeeping errors and tracking back issues remain. A real pity that a patch has actually created more issues than there were.

I normally play a control/fluid game which was working well prior to the patch but have since changed to an attacking mentality, this seems to work best, maybe the AI can't handle the all out attack mode and therefore hits you on the counter which I've seen a lot more of.

It's a shame there is always something to be tinkered with in the ME as I thought prior to the patch it was pretty spot on and as you say the goals were of a greater variety to what we see now. I play a 4-2-3-1 which always seem to come back to after trying 3 at the back and various 4-4-2- systems, I play with an IF/AP/AM behind the striker so my width comes from my WB's, there's lovely inter play with the midfield but the ball always seems to end out wide and a cross from my WB, there are a few shots from midfield but not the same as before the patch.

Since FM 2008 , this is by far the most enjoyable game i play.

If SI tweets a little bit the ME the game would be perfect.

Strano...

Non sbagli gol incredibili davanti al portiere?

Non fai 50 azioni da gol prendendo sbagliandole quasi tutte?

Non prendi pali?

Non ti capita che nel finale i tuoi avversari, anche se di squadre inferiori, segnano gol incredibili alla prima azione che fanno?

Non ti credo oppure non hai giocato ad FM12. Non c'è paragone con quel ME ;)

Strano...

Non prendi pali?

Non ti capita che nel finale i tuoi avversari, anche se di squadre inferiori, segnano gol incredibili alla prima azione che fanno?

You'll have to post in English or no one will reply to you.

I've used 4231 a lot, successfully, with defensive mentality. But I *always* set "Push Higher Up". This tactic requires a lot of nail biting though given the number of shots the opposition will be taking.
I normally play a control/fluid game which was working well prior to the patch but have since changed to an attacking mentality, this seems to work best, maybe the AI can't handle the all out attack mode and therefore hits you on the counter which I've seen a lot more of.

It's a shame there is always something to be tinkered with in the ME as I thought prior to the patch it was pretty spot on and as you say the goals were of a greater variety to what we see now. I play a 4-2-3-1 which always seem to come back to after trying 3 at the back and various 4-4-2- systems, I play with an IF/AP/AM behind the striker so my width comes from my WB's, there's lovely inter play with the midfield but the ball always seems to end out wide and a cross from my WB, there are a few shots from midfield but not the same as before the patch.

Glad it's not just me then!! Pre patch I tended to play attacking at home and standard away. Personally never found any of the defensive systems particularly great but contain if you edged ahead seemed ok although I was slightly baffled as to why I counter attacked so much using contain, but never counter attacked at all with counter!! However post patch "standard" has become an open invitation for the opposition to batter you even with a solid two DM's and two CB's therefore I'm sticking with attacking as I'd rather risk the odd counter than sit and wait for them to score. I too use "push higher up" even with attacking and if I get done too much I just take that off and the defence sits a tad deeper. It's really strange as the philosophies seem out of synch, for me at least, but there again I have never been able to play defensive football in FM. I also note that I counter quite well with attacking, which isn't unusual as it's Liverpool'esque last season where I win it higher up and counter which is nice to watch, but playing counter and deep seems suicide.

Haven't tried a 4231 with CM's but use a 4231 with two DM's and a wide AM strata and it's the only formation that seems balanced defensively and attacking although it quickly fails defensively if you use any central AM on an attack duty because on support they play like a CM but on attack they play like a second striker. It's a quandary though as it seems to be a case of two choices with him. Do you want him to score goals or contribute defensively? Both seems to be pushing it. I can only get it to work on fluid though. Flexible, Structured etc it just fails for some reason.

It's a little odd as I couldn't get a 4231 right in FM14 but in FM15 I can't get any other formation working. 442 is too weak defensively, 451 (433) seems impossible to get midfield support for a lone striker and my favourite a Narrow Diamond gets done horribly on the wings. Half the time it's probably my tactics but personally I think poor defending in the ME doesn't help.

always wodered if more than just pace, jumping, strength and maybe few more attributes are actually represented in the ME.

not only they shouldn't have any most successful player in passing department, Bayern should even have underachieved massivly imo.

Having looked at my edited database of yesteryore, I noticed that I hadn't adjusted the CA accordingly. Effectively this meant those attributes weren't set to 1 upon loading the game, but spread in between values of up to 5 upon loading the game. I agree insofar as that, in terms of simple ball retention, such attributes should be weighted in more heavily. Naturally if ball retention is doable or not also depends on the options a player sees and has (if you flood the centre of the park with lots of players staying deep, it is no huge task to just "spam" possession stats). However as argued, technical attributes such as first touch, passing and, well, technique, still don't appear to have that huge an effect on this even in FM 2015. Effectively, with low-ish to mediocre attributes such actions don't appear to fail often enough (if anybody has the editor installed, he could try this with an extreme experiment with FM 2015). However, if they did, it naturally means effects all across the board: more errors= more scoring chances and goals, and judging by the low-level toleration in regards to individual error, more rants too. ;)

That said, it's always been an on-going process. Fire up the much-beloved FM 2007 or earlier, unpatched in particular, and I guarantee you'll find the engine tons less responsive, in particular regarding to tactics and corresponding playing styles. Currently the nature of defending means that the ME still relies somewhat overly on successful tackling ratios -- in theory this means that you could neglect the tackling attribute a little also, to an extent. Just as well how pace was a tad overpowered up to FM 2012 all by itself, as off the ball attackers would be occasionally able to just run straight through their markers, pick up a through ball in space that shouldn't have existed and consequently be en route to goal unchallenged. However it's not at all just pace, jumping and strength, and that is obvious in particular regarding the statistics.

You mustn't be fooled by the 3d animations of the 3d player models. Even PES or FIFA only really model specific animations for the star individuals, and FM has just started to really get a more expansive library going. The actual runs with the ball animation might look the same with any player, however the success ratio varies hugely depending on attributes; there's a reason why the here aforementioned Hazard has that many successful runs consistently, and is the top dribbler of the EPL in-game, and that is not only his pace, but also his technical range. As argued, I did quite a few tests like this, and it all responded reasonablish with the exception of the impact of technical attributes on ball retention; suggesting Barca's academy setup tailored to improve and sign up purely technical players wouldn't be quite as needed in FM; as well as suggesting a "limited defender role" to be a bit surplus to requirements.

As a curious ado, if competitions aren't simulated in full detail, the quick simulation is being used. That's not the actual sequence by sequence simulation the actual match engine goes through, but a quicker algorithm calculating results. It takes into account a player's attributes for the statistics it produces. Unlike the ME sequence by sequence action, the pass success ratio of players with lowish attributes suffers hugely. In that Bayern experiment for instance we're talking a difference of 80%+ in the actual ME vs 50-60% in the quick sim. On another note, SI finally needs to update the quick sim as it's now three seasons behind the actual ME: compare the running distances or number of passes attempted between competitions you simulate in full detail to those that are just loaded up into your database.

Well this is a perfect example on why I have my doubts that real life footballing logic actually applies in this years FM as it currently stands,. Considering using 4231, 451 (433), 442, Diamond etc I pretty much always have less possession and concede quite a few attempts on target by the opposition.

So have been reading Harry Redknapp's new book and there is a Chapter about the Hungarians of the 1950's and the 3-2-3-2 Formation. So I tried to implement something away against Sunderland after looking through a few images of the tactic.

Attacking/Fluid with one TI of close down more. Lined up as :

_____________DLF S______________

IF A______AM S_____AM S______IF A

_________HB D_____HB D_________

WB A_________CD D___________WB A

_____________GK D______________

Had 21 shots with 13 on target to Sunderland's 7 and 4 winning the possession battle with 58% and winning the game 3-1. Had a couple of scares on the counter attack but generally it defended well with the wing backs actually making more tackles in their own box than they do in a back four. The half backs although at times slow to react eventually made some excellent blocks and won good tackles.

Ok it's against Sunderland who are in the lower reaches of the table but all footballing logic suggests that this should not get any sort of result especially against a 451 (433) that Sunderland were playing. I should have got steam rolled in the middle of the park at the very least but according to the heat map I had massive superiority in completed passes in that centre circle area, in fact I have never seen such a cluster of green dots.

It was actually lovely to watch and obviously delighted with a win but IMO it really shouldn't have worked. It will be interesting to see how it fares against a top team but you really shouldn't be winning any games set up like that.

Strano...

Non prendi pali?

I'll translate that just because it's Christmas :)

Strange...

You don't have incredible misses in front of the keeper?

You don't create 50 chances and waste almost all of them?

You don't hit the post?

It doesn't happen to you that in a final your opponent, even if clearly the worse team, score incredible goals just at the very first chance they create?

I don't believe you, or you probably didn't play FM12. Nothing compares to that ME

Well this is a perfect example on why I have my doubts that real life footballing logic actually applies in this years FM as it currently stands,. Considering using 4231, 451 (433), 442, Diamond etc I pretty much always have less possession and concede quite a few attempts on target by the opposition.

So have been reading Harry Redknapp's new book and there is a Chapter about the Hungarians of the 1950's and the 3-2-3-2 Formation. So I tried to implement something away against Sunderland after looking through a few images of the tactic.

Attacking/Fluid with one TI of close down more. Lined up as :

_____________DLF S______________

IF A______AM S_____AM S______IF A

_________HB D_____HB D_________

WB A_________CD D___________WB A

_____________GK D______________

Had 21 shots with 13 on target to Sunderland's 7 and 4 winning the possession battle with 58% and winning the game 3-1. Had a couple of scares on the counter attack but generally it defended well with the wing backs actually making more tackles in their own box than they do in a back four. The half backs although at times slow to react eventually made some excellent blocks and won good tackles.

Ok it's against Sunderland who are in the lower reaches of the table but all footballing logic suggests that this should not get any sort of result especially against a 451 (433) that Sunderland were playing. I should have got steam rolled in the middle of the park at the very least but according to the heat map I had massive superiority in completed passes in that centre circle area, in fact I have never seen such a cluster of green dots.

It was actually lovely to watch and obviously delighted with a win but IMO it really shouldn't have worked. It will be interesting to see how it fares against a top team but you really shouldn't be winning any games set up like that.

I've not played on attacking in the last 3 iterations. Counter, standard, Control.

The idea that the formation you described shouldnt work is a bit off, especially as Marselle have frequently played ultra aggressive 3 at the back (its Bielsa after all) and currently top Ligue 1 after 19 games.

Not sure you should have been steam rollered either, They have a lone striker up against 3 players, with deep support having to come a long way to get him. If you move the ball quickly enough you have two AM/s (a role which already tracks well) either side of their DMC. If you can bypass the midfield, you have players picking it up 25 yards from goal. When it works it works well. When it doesnt it can be calamitous. Just watch any Bielsa's games

The idea that the formation you described shouldnt work is a bit off, especially as Marselle have frequently played ultra aggressive 3 at the back (its Bielsa after all) and currently top Ligue 1 after 19 games.

Probably an issue of the tactics screen and how it translates on the pitch? On the tactics screen it looks as if there'd be a huge gap in between a team split into half. However in-match that doesn't transpire as much depending on the roles and duties you pick. The forward players track back when defending, the DMs push up when attacking, and the AM(s) is not a role that would further encourage huge gaps being centrally always. The nature of the formation also means that the opponent is overloaded with attacking players, which can work well but might also backfire.

Apart of that one-off experiments can yield random results, as conditions and opponents will differ, more about that at the end of this post. Not sure if this is a proper translation of 1950s Hungary into the game (who could be argued to be one of the first sides employing "contemporary" tactics as they withdrew players into deeper positions). But apart of the game only emulating the marking schemes of that era if you set the majority of your players to specific marking, which the AI doesn't do, (otherwise it's all zonal), it's not anything really extreme, like this, which in a one-off might completely overload an opposition and actually produce a result (defending-wise naturally it is the midfielders who will form the last line of defense, as mentioned above: positioning is a dynamic process and visible as such):

IAnvVmw.jpg

However will backfire over the course of a season.

99D9529.jpg

Speaking about extreme or rather outmoded tactics, is there any reason why the traditional winger was ditched for FM 2015? I mean the spot on the tactics screen in front of the AML/AMR position. I tried to get a traditional 4-2-4 working in previous iterations with mixed results which naturally only makes sense if coupled with an attacking tactics, and to get the best out of it by encouraging a more direct style too.

I've not played on attacking in the last 3 iterations. Counter, standard, Control.

Not sure you should have been steam rollered either, They have a lone striker up against 3 players, with deep support having to come a long way to get him. If you move the ball quickly enough you have two AM/s (a role which already tracks well) either side of their DMC. If you can bypass the midfield, you have players picking it up 25 yards from goal. When it works it works well. When it doesnt it can be calamitous. Just watch any Bielsa's games

Just watching Man U v Newcastle and Man U have lined up 3-4-1-2 with Young and Valencia as WB's, very attack minded.

Speaking about extreme or rather outmoded tactics, is there any reason why the traditional winger was ditched for FM 2015? I mean the spot on the tactics screen in front of the AML/AMR position. I tried to get a traditional 4-2-4 working in previous iterations with mixed results which naturally only makes sense if coupled with an attacking tactics, and to get the best out of it by encouraging a more direct style too.

From what I understood there was no FL/FR in previous versions.

Although you could stick a player there on the tactics screen they played as a AML/AMR. With the position not used it was simply removed.

having so many probems, and would love to know if anyone else is having this issue as its driving me crazy. I'm Chelsea, when i start a new game, my better under 18 players are found in the u21 squad, now i want these players, (Boga, Solanke, Musonda & Brown) to be available for both the u21 and u18 squads, because i think playing lots of games would be good for them, and two i have no players really in my u21 squad. Now, if i put them in the u18 squad, but make them available for the u21 squad, they don't get picked for either squad, if i put them in the under 21 squad, and make them available for the u18 squad, they only play for the under 18's and are not available for the u21 squad, even though they are in the squad, its becoming a joke as my assistant manager won't select them at all, and will play greyed out players, if i don't select them for the squads, please help me?! The youth league is an absolute joke with squad selection too, i really don't know what to do!

Is the accuracy of passes back to goalkeeper a known issue? I'm playing at roughly League 1/Champ level and i noticed that my players make passes to goalkeeper with very low accuracy and with very low pressure in them they miss the goalkeeper by 5 to 15 meters. I can see that they try to pass the ball outside of the goal but it is often very far away from GK. And also the issue when they try to pass back to GK from goal line.

After trying out the tactic from the save that had Crystal Palace win the league, I can confirm that they might just be speaking the truth. The tactic is exploiting something (though I've no idea what), and the computer is completely unable to respond to it. The opposition is all over the place when defending, and when they are in attack (which happens VERY rarely, we are usually hammering them the entire match), my players somehow always manage a last ditch tackle or something similar.

I am yet to concede a goal (which is strange, because the tactic is very offensive), while we get 20-30-40 shots, dozens of CCs, and usually end up winning 5-0, 6-0 or even better. I had Rafael score a hattrick, so there :D

Anyway, I suggest SI take a look into the tactic. There is nothing special about it (as far as I can see), but from some reason, the AI is clueless about how to handle it.

What has happened to this me after the update? I get at least 1 sending off in important games every time! At least 1 injury after 3 subs ! Goalkeepers that do nothing and just stand there while the ball goes past them! ClI sing down has stopped for the most part! Marking jesus have defenders even heard of it ??

Seems to be a massI've step back once again, I love this game and always buy it on release but I can see why people do say they wait until Feb to buy it as at the moment got a be honest the me is pretty rubbish

What has happened to this me after the update? I get at least 1 sending off in important games every time! At least 1 injury after 3 subs ! Goalkeepers that do nothing and just stand there while the ball goes past them! ClI sing down has stopped for the most part! Marking jesus have defenders even heard of it ??

Seems to be a massI've step back once again, I love this game and always buy it on release but I can see why people do say they wait until Feb to buy it as at the moment got a be honest the me is pretty rubbish

The last update did nothing to the ME so you'll have to blame something else. Try yourself first.

Love it how people say that despite at leaSt 10 other posts about the same thing. Grow up little boy

The ME was not updated in any way in the last update, now you grow up and accept what you're told without resorting to childishness.

I just want to congratulate the team with the new scouting system.

I've always been a squad builder more than a great tactician and with the new scouting system I have found FM15 more challenging than ever. It's never been this hard to find talented youngsters and good players in general.

Once again I'm nearing the end of the transfer window and will probably have to gamble on a player or two once again. This has happened several times over the last decade in my Piacenza save. I now really experience the thrills of deadline day. With all the hit and misses on not entirely scouted players.

Kudos to the guys who implemented this system!

After trying out the tactic from the save that had Crystal Palace win the league, I can confirm that they might just be speaking the truth. The tactic is exploiting something (though I've no idea what), and the computer is completely unable to respond to it. The opposition is all over the place when defending, and when they are in attack (which happens VERY rarely, we are usually hammering them the entire match), my players somehow always manage a last ditch tackle or something similar.

I am yet to concede a goal (which is strange, because the tactic is very offensive), while we get 20-30-40 shots, dozens of CCs, and usually end up winning 5-0, 6-0 or even better. I had Rafael score a hattrick, so there :D

Anyway, I suggest SI take a look into the tactic. There is nothing special about it (as far as I can see), but from some reason, the AI is clueless about how to handle it.

Give it a full season. Those tactic are extremely aggressive, with a ridiculously high pressing. When you suffer one or two unlucky defeats, the morale drops and your strikers suddenly can't score. For the next 5-6 games, you're screwed.

After that, give it a go in the 2nd season. The AI will approach you much more conservatively and that tactic just won't work anymore. If you pay close attention, there's not a single screenshot of those tactics working in 2nd season onwards with small top division teams like Crystal Palace, Stoke etc.

Give it a full season. Those tactic are extremely aggressive, with a ridiculously high pressing. When you suffer one or two unlucky defeats, the morale drops and your strikers suddenly can't score. For the next 5-6 games, you're screwed.

After that, give it a go in the 2nd season. The AI will approach you much more conservatively and that tactic just won't work anymore. If you pay close attention, there's not a single screenshot of those tactics working in 2nd season onwards with small top division teams like Crystal Palace, Stoke etc.

Why do you people always try to defend things that need work on? I just don`t understand do you have read or saw the results form more then one user stomping the leagues with the same tactic?

I stopped playing last week because i don`t see the fun playing at this stage of the ME, i already wrote that i used this tactic in different saves and levels and domination over the AI was certain with a straight forward approach and decent medium players.

I played York City and got promoted twice and leading championship comfortably in third season and i changed nothing, i repeat i didn`t changed one thing on this dudes tactic.

I hope SI look into it because there is no fun playing FM2015 with the actual ME. Oh and i know that the last hotfix didn`t changed the ME just for the case somone come up with that again, i just discovered that problem later so stop telling people they are wrong just because you think they are talking nonsense.

You can try it yourself just like Qwqwqw did and i did.

Why do you people always try to defend things that need work on? I just don`t understand do you have read or saw the results form more then one user stomping the leagues with the same tactic?

I stopped playing last week because i don`t see the fun playing at this stage of the ME, i already wrote that i used this tactic in different saves and levels and domination over the AI was certain with a straight forward approach and decent medium players.

I played York City and got promoted twice and leading championship comfortably in third season and i changed nothing, i repeat i didn`t changed one thing on this dudes tactic.

I hope SI look into it because there is no fun playing FM2015 with the actual ME. Oh and i know that the last hotfix didn`t changed the ME just for the case somone come up with that again, i just discovered that problem later so stop telling people they are wrong just because you think they are talking nonsense.

I've tried it with various clubs over a few seasons. If you read my post carefully, I explained what happens in what situation. On top of that, back-to-back promotions are possible because every time you go up, you're a huge underdog and AI throws everything at you, which suits your tactic perfectly. As soon as you reach the top league and establish yourself, you won't be a huge underdog every match, the AI will change approach to you and the tactic falls apart.

Again, I'm not guessing, I've tried it.

:D

You stopped playing FM because you don't see the fun of a game after using a tactic you do not build yourself and you knew it was a "super-tactic" ?

Sorry has to have a look at this tactic because it could allow them to find a real problem but sorry you can continue to play this game with just not using this tactic and build yours tactic with players found in the game and not in forums...

I play CM/FM since 1998 and each year there are players complaining about the game being to easy when using tactic found on the internet and players found in forums... it's a joke ! Just play the game alone on your side and you will find it is a good video game ;)

having so many probems, and would love to know if anyone else is having this issue as its driving me crazy. I'm Chelsea, when i start a new game, my better under 18 players are found in the u21 squad, now i want these players, (Boga, Solanke, Musonda & Brown) to be available for both the u21 and u18 squads, because i think playing lots of games would be good for them, and two i have no players really in my u21 squad. Now, if i put them in the u18 squad, but make them available for the u21 squad, they don't get picked for either squad, if i put them in the under 21 squad, and make them available for the u18 squad, they only play for the under 18's and are not available for the u21 squad, even though they are in the squad, its becoming a joke as my assistant manager won't select them at all, and will play greyed out players, if i don't select them for the squads, please help me?! The youth league is an absolute joke with squad selection too, i really don't know what to do!

Simply put these youngsters into the U21 squad but make them available for U18 games

Im glad that you made scouting this year exactly like i suggested 2-3 years ago. Well done! just put in set pieces 2 kinds of free kicks , like i suggested. one free kick for crossing and free kick for direct shoot on goal. so that we can select different free kick takers.

I bought fm15 long time ago, but im still waiting to see less " its too easy to win" complains to start my serious game. From what i can see in this Feedback Thread , this is major problem with fm15. Even milnerpoint joined the wagon of players saying its 2 easy game. When i was saying that all this years, he was against me and defend SI all the time. But now even he thinks game is too easy. hehe, im affraid to start the game now.

My question is, will SI do something about AI so that some common formations like 4231 with attacking mentality are so powerful ? Ill wait without problem few more months, just tell us, do you admit that lots of players in this thread find the game too easy and do you plan to do something about that?

I've tried it with various clubs over a few seasons. If you read my post carefully, I explained what happens in what situation. On top of that, back-to-back promotions are possible because every time you go up, you're a huge underdog and AI throws everything at you, which suits your tactic perfectly. As soon as you reach the top league and establish yourself, you won't be a huge underdog every match, the AI will change approach to you and the tactic falls apart.

Again, I'm not guessing, I've tried it.

If you read my posts carefully i tried the tactic at different levels and leagues, and i don`t know what people are doing to not have success with the tactic.

Underdog or not it doesn`t matter the point is that the AI don`t adapt to it or seem to not find a solution, if you guys have fun playing it that is good for you then.

But don`t call others idiots between the lines if they don`t!

On an earlier post i wrote that i had success with my tactics because the idea behind was the same, but the tactics from lokito showed that there is a clear exploit.

So SI can use this as a feedback or not and you guys can continue to play if you have fun this way, i can`t.

I can`t motivate myself to play a version wasting hours to work on my tactics knowing that i just have to change a couple of things to get things done, what is the point behind that?

And the don`t use it argument it`s the new it`s your tactics these days, and that is not a good sign at least for me. I am not playing FM since yesterday

I am enjoying the game on the whole post patch. AI scores however are a little concerning. In the opening 7 games of the season here are a few of the AI v AI results that have occured,

(note Argentina Premier Division)

3x 4-3

1x 4-4

1x 5-2

1x 5-3

1x 6-1

1x 6-2

2x 6-5

1x 7-0

2x 7-3

Thats from just the opening 7 games of the season. Any ideas why so many? Obviously the odd thumping or high score game is expected but for short a time period that is very excessive.

EDIT

add an 8-1 to that list.

My observation in my current save is that there is a bit of an imbalance in the results being thrown up. For example: in the Premier League this season there have been 3 instances of 5+ goals being scored by one team in a match. In my current save which is one round of fixtures ahead (New Year's Day), there have been 12. For instances where 3 goals have been scored the numbers are similar but still slightly higher (38 in real life/48 in my save), and again for 4 goals (9 irl/15 in save). Overall the tables look quite similar; Spurs who are top in my save have only scored 43 goals compared to Chelsea's 41 in real life.

Of course, others' mileage may vary but that to me suggests results are tending towards very high scoring or very low scoring, with not much in between. It's not far off, but a tweak here or there is needed methinks.

If you read my posts carefully i tried the tactic at different levels and leagues, and i don`t know what people are doing to not have success with the tactic.

Underdog or not it doesn`t matter the point is that the AI don`t adapt to it or seem to not find a solution, if you guys have fun playing it that is good for you then.

But don`t call others idiots between the lines if they don`t!

On an earlier post i wrote that i had success with my tactics because the idea behind was the same, but the tactics from lokito showed that there is a clear exploit.

So SI can use this as a feedback or not and you guys can continue to play if you have fun this way, i can`t.

I can`t motivate myself to play a version wasting hours to work on my tactics knowing that i just have to change a couple of things to get things done, what is the point behind that?

And the don`t use it argument it`s the new it`s your tactics these days, and that is not a good sign at least for me. I am not playing FM since yesterday

Just today there is a guy for whom that tactic doesn't work at all, check the relevant thread.

Furthermore, saying stuff like "i don`t know what people are doing to not have success with the tactic" is on the same level as saying "if you don't like it, don't use it".

Just today there is a guy for whom that tactic doesn't work at all, check the relevant thread.

Furthermore, saying stuff like "i don`t know what people are doing to not have success with the tactic" is on the same level as saying "if you don't like it, don't use it".

So it sounds like it's not a one shot trick, and actually needs more investigation.

Archived