Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

I usually don't go with lower than 12 for his tactical knowledge, I have had a couple that were 8/9 when I took over a team and they only seem to either give no instructions or just 1 or 2 instructions, once I replaced them with an assistant that had maybe 12+ TK then he always gave instructions and normally to multiple players.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the nature of Key Highlights. If neither you nor the AI are creating open play chances, then all you'll see in that highlight mode are set pieces I'm afraid. If you watch a more extended highlights mode for a few minutes, you'll see more variety.

Yes it is, and i do use other then keyhighights but my point was that its almost only thru set pieces goals are coming bot for me and my opponent. And to many of these are rebounds or from errors. But hey its early on and hopefully it will more balanced. Just wanted to express my thoughts about the game.

I usually don't go with lower than 12 for his tactical knowledge, I have had a couple that were 8/9 when I took over a team and they only seem to either give no instructions or just 1 or 2 instructions, once I replaced them with an assistant that had maybe 12+ TK then he always gave instructions and normally to multiple players.

Hard for me to pick much of an assman right now in conf south and no money. All my coaches are crap really. I'm the worst, numbers-wise lol...

I tried using that pre-set feature in tactics where it looks like you set it for each match, but it never shows up for me when the match comes.

The game is in a sad state. I do understand something perhaps had to be done couse of the wild west football you saw before the patch but i never played a more unineresting patch in any version. Theres wery few goals coming from buidlups, almost all goals come from set pieces and many from rebounds from the post och defenive errors. Theres ofc also the goals from the middle of the pitch or crosses. Defenders stop running after the ball and let the attacker come one on one with the keeper but then the attacker miss 7/10. If would rather have kept it the was it was couse atleast it was entertaining to play.

so what have you based this on, one match or a season?

Hard for me to pick much of an assman right now in conf south and no money. All my coaches are crap really. I'm the worst, numbers-wise lol...

I tried using that pre-set feature in tactics where it looks like you set it for each match, but it never shows up for me when the match comes.

When I managed in the lower English leagues in the past I was still able to get an assistant with around 12 tactical knowledge, I am in the Serie C and I managed to get one with 13 if I remember right.

When searching for an assistant I would only place the assistant manager job and the attribute of at least 12 tactical knowledge, the rest of the stats were never really that important for me as I really just need him to do the opposition instructions, if he had decent attributes in anything else then it was just bonus.

Have played a few more matches and :

***Too many goals from parries from keepers. One or two fair enough but this is happening nearly every game.

***IMO Midfield needs to be toughened up on a standard setting as they are playing like they are told to stand off and let the opposition walk through.

***Not enough balls through the middle to the strikers (an issue for a long time).

***Corners being given when it shouldn't be a corner. Just played Southampton and a through pass, wayward shot and another shot never went near my players and yet a corner was given. Could be the graphics not showing it well enough but very strange.

***Players reactions aren't quick enough at times.

***Players running slows down for no reason at all.

Just a few to be going on with!!

How does any of this compare to real life I wonder, quite a few I would think :)

so what have you based this on, one match or a season?

One match, isnt that enough? :-) its ofcourse more then one season and with more then one team. As i said in the other post it might be that my latest save is witha a LL team were players isnt top notch, its frustrating tho and, atleast for me, not wery much fun.

Gaaaad, just lost 4-3 to United in a pretty shambolic display of defending from both sides. I was 3-0 down after a 20 minute Falcao hattrick. Managed to get back to 3-2 then they score from a corner (again :() before I score from a corner to make it 4-3. Time just ran out to push for an equaliser :(

Anybody managed to work out how to defend corners/crosses yet. I'm having more joy with crosses by closing the full back and wingers down always, but I'm still ***** at corners! In the above example, Luke shaw was completely unmarked level with the penalty spot/corner of the 6yard box, just smashed it in under no pressure at all.

Something I'm slightly saddened to see didn't make the cut for FM15 is cancelling contracts. I have a player who wants to leave more than anything in the world, who I'm quite happy to get rid of because he's about as useful as a FIFA report into corruption. The problem? No other team wants to sign him, and the board won't let me release him, even mutual termination, because of the compensation.

He wants to go. I want him to go. Yet he's gonna stay poisoning the locker room because we can't actually find a way to get him out.

I know, I know. Wishlist thread. But still... damn.

Something I'm slightly saddened to see didn't make the cut for FM15 is cancelling contracts. I have a player who wants to leave more than anything in the world, who I'm quite happy to get rid of because he's about as useful as a FIFA report into corruption. The problem? No other team wants to sign him, and the board won't let me release him, even mutual termination, because of the compensation.

He wants to go. I want him to go. Yet he's gonna stay poisoning the locker room because we can't actually find a way to get him out.

Well then you can cancel contracts through mutual termination but the issue is that the player either doesn't want to or wants the remainder or a percentage of his contract paid off first. This is how it works in real life. Many instances of players not playing but refusing to cancel contracts on real life. Put him in the stiffs for a month and maybe he'll want to leave quicker. You can sometimes ask him to find a club, if the option is there but of course he may not want to

Its all part of football management

I'm feeling productive ^_^

Two bug reports with answers, one issue sent to the coding team for review (that transfer thing I posted three pages back).

I should be given a gift voucher or something :p

Sent for review doesn't mean its necessarily a bug, its being reviewed and may be fixed

However good stuff and this is what more people can do to help improve the game

Your reward - You'll improve the game and get a better FM experience, what could be better than that :D Well cash would be better but good luck with that!

If he really wanted out he would terminate for nothing, i.e cancelling his contract, although if he's happy to just sit and take his money he won't go for nothing

If he really wanted out he would terminate for nothing, i.e cancelling his contract, although if he's happy to just sit and take his money he won't go for nothing

Yep, its a modern world where cash means more than playing footy for some. Perhaps he feels he wont get the same level of wages elsewhere. Maybe offer him out with offer of contributing to wages at new club?

I can't enjoy this game at all at the moment, I'm sure these have all been brought up already but the two big problems are:

* Goalkeepers make a save and then are stuck in position unable to save any rebound shot

* Crosses are too effective with the majority of goals coming from them

Until these problems with the match engine are fixed I simply can't enjoy any matches and find it hard to believe that this is the full release and not the beta

That's the nature of Key Highlights. If neither you nor the AI are creating open play chances, then all you'll see in that highlight mode are set pieces I'm afraid. If you watch a more extended highlights mode for a few minutes, you'll see more variety.

Not sure about that. I was intrigued on Salmander's comment because I had noticed it a little in extended highlights. Might just be I and the opposition hardly create anything, but I agree an awful lot of set pieces go straight to set pieces on extended,. I might try comprehensive but it's a time thing for me.

Also and it hasn't quite been right since FM13 is that the default game speed (in the middle) seems a tad too quick. Passes flying about at a rate of knots and you hardly have time to see what is happening, A click lower though and it's too slow. Somewhere between the two would be perfect but it's a bit like having Sky on x2 speed as it is right now!

How does any of this compare to real life I wonder, quite a few I would think :)

Maybe but :

you would shoot your keeper IRL if he parried everything to an opposition forward.

Midfield's do tackle a tad more IRL.

Through balls I accept Kriss's explanation, it may be a tactical thing to an extent, but it has been a slight issue in the last couple of FM's.

The corner thing may be a graphical issue. I have no problem conceding corners just not when there isn't a player within 20 yards of the ballot deflect it !!

The reactions at times are poor but again that could be graphical.

The player running thing. Noooooooo, you don't see a player IRL sprinting clean through on goal and then slow down so much that a defender who was 25 yards behind him catches him up. A bad touch, a shot wide, a keeper save - yes quite possibly but from a sprint to a stop - er, no!!!

The player running thing. Noooooooo, you don't see a player IRL sprinting clean through on goal and then slow down so much that a defender who was 25 yards behind him catches him up. A bad touch, a shot wide, a keeper save - yes quite possibly but from a sprint to a stop - er, no!!!

As I said there's a highly technical reason for those effects and others allied to them, what might seem fairly easy to resolve is in fact very hard to, but they do know how it can be done.

So I think we can expect what seems unnatural behaviour in reacting (or not) to be improved but maybe not particularly quickly.

Sounds a bit cryptic but I'd be talking out of turn if I said any more.

Anyone else noticed this?

I'm in the third season in-game. 2 years at Middlesbrough, where I lost in the playoffs each season. I resigned from there and got the Coventry job. First season there, and after a good start, I'm just about clinging onto a playoff spot in January.

Here's the thing though. I'm getting touted by the media as the favourite to land EVERY job that comes up, from Premier League to League 2. That can't be right surely? I'm never actually offered any of them, but it seems strange that I'm the bookies favourite when I'm only 2.5 seasons into a managerial career of zero success. I think I started on 'automatic' for my reputation too.

Think i will leave my save for now, the save times are getting a bit much now.

I can actually start to save, go to the toilet, grab a beer, make a sandwich and when I come back the save is still not done.

Tbh my main worry is I will have to start some sort of small talk with the wife just to kill time until the save is done.

It really is not worth it, I really don't care what Karen or Wendy did at work that day ...... 'SAVE' me SI. ;)

Currently destroying fm..

team: Silkeborg IF

prediction: Predicted to go down 1st season, i'm in third season, having won the league second season

Currently unbeaten in the league, 15 games in, my starting 11 have the ages of: 20,24,19,24,21,17,18,18,19,22,18

In the champions league, beat arsenal 3-2 at home, sitting 3rd in group behind dortmund and arsenal, but only 1 point behind with 2 games to go..

I dont know if its this tactic but if it is then it is scarily good

Has anyone seen a goal denied because of a player fouling the keeper? Use to be fairly common on previous FMs but I don't think I've seen a single one yet in FM15. Might be part of the reason so many goals get scored from crosses!

Pretty much nails it, though passing through the middle is tactic/instruction dependant to an extent, I use 4-2-3-1 narrow and get lots of goals down the centre.

The last two are due to graphical limitations (the explanation is fascinating but not mine to disseminate) long term they are being addressed but it's hugely complex.

Im having trouble with through balls from the centre as well.

I play a 4-4-2 with the wide midfielders cutting inside, sitting narrow, and mostly in attack role. I want them to challenge the defence with aggressive running and through balls to the strikers. This is how my Danish team AaB have played in real life with high success (won the double last year), and as their researcher I have almost tailored the wide midfielders to this role. However, as I have complained before, they seem unwilling to have this attacking and very direct mentality regardless of tactical instructions. They are too "stuck" in their wide position and when there is time and space to run forward with the ball in the middle of the pitch, they mostly stop and pass to the sides. Also, they do not move into open spaces in the centre of the pitch without the ball, to make themselves available for a direct pass. This stops a lot of counter attacks that where otherwise great opportunities

I play a 4-4-2 with the wide midfielders cutting inside, sitting narrow, and mostly in attack role. I want them to challenge the defence with aggressive running and through balls to the strikers. This is how my Danish team AaB have played in real life with high success (won the double last year), and as their researcher I have almost tailored the wide midfielders to this role. However, as I have complained before, they seem unwilling to have this attacking and very direct mentality regardless of tactical instructions. They are too "stuck" in their wide position and when there is time and space to run forward with the ball in the middle of the pitch, they mostly stop and pass to the sides. Also, they do not move into open spaces in the centre of the pitch without the ball, to make themselves available for a direct pass. This stops a lot of counter attacks that where otherwise great opportunities

Using 3 AMCs produces a lot of goals through the centre for me, still too many from crosses in proportion though atm.

Using 3 AMCs produces a lot of goals through the centre for me, still too many from crosses in proportion though atm.

I believe you, and its nice to hear that it is doable, but through balls should not be limited to one specific tactic/formation.

Many 4-4-2, 4-4-1, etc. teams play a direct type of football with a lot of through balls.

Its something that I really think needs improvement. That and the movement of players, especially wide midfielders in attacking roles with cutting inside applied.

Very few teams actually play a 4-2-3-1 in real life, as formations in FM is the defensive base (how the team is supposed to act when the opponent has the ball). There has been great debate about this in the researchers forum.

Anyone know what the problem is? my game literally turns off every hour or so, i play 4/5 games and then i hit continue for a fixture and suddenlY the game just turns off, no error explanation or anything, it means I'm saving after pretty much every game at the moment, it's so frustrating and i'm losing patience!

Anyone know what the problem is? my game literally turns off every hour or so' date=' i play 4/5 games and then i hit continue for a fixture and suddenlY the game just turns off, no error explanation or anything, it means I'm saving after pretty much every game at the moment, it's so frustrating and i'm losing patience![/quote']

That would suggest that there may be an issue with another programme, like your antivirus, that is screening the game in real time. Depending on which antivirus you are using, you may have to either turn it off or uninstall it .

Hmm.

The first tie-breaker in the Romanian League 2 is the result between the two teams, after that: the goal difference.

And yet, I'm behind a team whom I've had a draw with, and my GD is better with 3 goals.

Should I post it in the bugs sub-forum?

Or is it a well-known problem already?

This may have come up already - the thread is pretty long! But is anyone having issues with competing transfer bids. Southampton have just had a bid of £600k accepted for a player, but they won't go any lower than £2m for me! I just lost out to Everton on a great regen, they snapped him up for £775k but the selling team wanted at least £3.3m from me - I even offered £2.5m up front and they still said no...

Hmm.

The first tie-breaker in the Romanian League 2 is the result between the two teams, after that: the goal difference.

And yet, I'm behind a team whom I've had a draw with, and my GD is better with 3 goals.

Should I post it in the bugs sub-forum?

Or is it a well-known problem already?

Have a look in here and report if it is not already covered please http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399754-Romania-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

Playing Conference North, and it feels like half my squad complain about the quality of a certain aspect of coaching every week.

Do they not recognise that I only have one coach spot available?

I'm in the same situation. I have 3 members of staff with 2 recommended and i don't have a fitness coach.

Players complain from the start about the quality of fitness tranining. I'm looking to ask for more coaches every week...

Archived