Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once more about player interactions:

If a player is promised games and gets an injury during that time, he will very kindly "give you more time to fulfil your promise." The problem here is these effects can be chained. I've just had a player into his third extension, which is kind of getting silly because I'd already fulfilled the promise twice (i.e., he was happy with his game time). Better would be only to have the time extension if the condition is not filled (i.e., is not green in the "promises" screen). That would make sense.

My keeper seems to grease his gloves before going on the pitch(De Gea),he can't catch a freaking ball to save his life and has the amazing ability to parry everything into an onrushing forward.Top notch.

Also I've managed to be bullied by Chelsea's midfiels trio of Hazard,Oscar and Cuadrado none of who have the strength to blow over a fairy.

I'm pulling my hair out.

The ME feels really close to being good, but at the same time, feels so far away..

I'm watching games, as far as I can see, crosses aren't as effective as they were, and scorelines aren't as high as they were, this is certainly what SI wanted to address..

However, a lot of goals I'm conceding/scoring are still from crosses/set pieces, but what's worse is, I'm seeing more goals, a disturbing amount at that, as a result of goalkeeper parrying into striker, or bad, bad defensive mistakes. The times where you finally see a nice bit of build up through the middle and have your striker in on goal, it's miss after miss.

So, in reality the issues haven't been fixed at all. Strikers still can't score one on ones, as such most goals will come from crosses, and from what seems to be an increase in mistakes, and or parrying from goalkeepers.

What we're left with, is more realistic scorelines, more realistic crossing, but more mistakes, and strikers still not being able to score one on ones, which quite frankly makes the game more boring for me at least, from the previous patch.

Are injuries going to be toned down? It has been absolutely absurd every season so far, with different teams, and everyone I've talked to has said the same. Take a look at the latest Chelsea season I played--this screenshot is from pretty early on in the year, and this was the same year towards the end. No I'm not doing high training constantly, yes I'm letting players come back to match fitness before playing them. People are getting hurt during games more than anything, with insult to injury (literally) added between matches and on international duty.

Those injuries are almost all at least several weeks, and Pogba's was 4 months. The same players get injured a lot despite not being injury prone players in reality (why does Hazard get hurt so much? Guy has rarely missed a game in his career and that 2nd injury is 5-6 weeks). It's extremely unlikely to have that many players out at once during a season, let alone at two different points of the year. People are constantly getting hurt, it's a new report on an injury seemingly every day and a constant juggling of hurt players.

Even if the game does somehow reflect the average injury rate (in case I'm going to be shown an example or get told that by SI), is that very fun? To me, this isn't fun, and is a case where 'realism' (if injuries really are about equal) hurts gameplay. Arsenal are having an injury crisis in real life, about as bad and extreme a case as can happen on one team, and it still doesn't equal my squad's injuries. Hope it gets fixed, thanks for listening!

I could be wrong but when i look at "average postion" in match analisis, players seems too close to the middle of the field( WBs are closer to the center than touch line) and teams looks too short.Maybe this causes the lack of game and goals through middle( in 10 matches i've never seen 1vs1 situations with gks).Too many crosses are deviated to corner kicks..sometimes i've had near 20 corners in a match and when a team dominate the game it became just a corner kicks siege . I'm playing only with a 5-1-2-2 formation with Inter.

My keeper seems to grease his gloves before going on the pitch(De Gea),he can't catch a freaking ball to save his life and has the amazing ability to parry everything into an onrushing forward.Top notch.

Also I've managed to be bullied by Chelsea's midfiels trio of Hazard,Oscar and Cuadrado none of who have the strength to blow over a fairy.

I'm pulling my hair out.

A: Hey De Gea, you've been selected for the big game

De Gea: Neato, I'll go lube up

A: What?

De Gea: Well, I've been criticised for my sticky fingers

SI please dont just adjust GK to god to balance out the final score result, this is very ridiculous. I can't seem to allow to upload images, it was only 22k or so, after i upload , there is a X with circle outside of it. Basically i have 7 clear cut chances face to face to keeper, and keepers saved almost all of them , and it happended continuely in 4 games and result of the games were like 1-1 1-0 or so. My top strikers seem now useless when taking the shot and cconvert them to goals.

More so considering strikers are about as useful as a one armed trapeze artist with an itchy arse.

Pre-patch the balance issue seemed to be that players almost godlike on the end of crosses (as well as the quality of crosses in general), but the keepers were godlike one on one and from play on the ground for the most patch.

Oh well, it's just about balancing things really...

...that and excessive save times. Why did they get rid of the option to have uncompressed save files?

Good hotfix. Well done. Now PLEASE Si, dont mess this up with the next update. Dont listen to these crazy people who are immediately wanting more goals again and moaning about missed ccc or whatever nonsense. Then we will again have too many goals and are back where we started. ITS FINALLY GOOD. So just make some minor improvements ( for example improve the goalkeepers, they are still too bad) where necessary but please dont ruin that by listening to people who have no idea and want arcade football with many goals instead of a simulation. Thanks.

More so considering strikers are about as useful as a one armed trapeze artist with an itchy arse.

My striker has more goals scored than games played.

Hell, my backup striker has almost as many goals as games played, and 70% of those games played were 20 minute sub appearances.

Fixes to the Match Engine that would be great.

Turn the midfield into more of a battle, at the moment its just pass, pass, pass, pass cross/shot for each side.

Not needed is 100+ tackles a game, but slightly missed passes due to pressure, less ability to dribble through so many players.

Desperation in players to get to the ball.

Anyone notice how your 15 acceleration and 16 pace player, seems to jog toward the ball for 5 seconds.

While some 8 acceleration, 8 pace player sprints at it twice the speed.

They both arrive at the same time, but the ME has decided the 8 acc 8 pace player made a tackle.

And most importantly, Keepers not deflecting every shot to the opposition to tap in.

Though as above, I think this is the defenders not chasing the ball in properly.

My striker has more goals scored than games played.

Hell, my backup striker has almost as many goals as games played, and 70% of those games played were 20 minute sub appearances.

What does this even mean?

Before or after patch?

There will always be a way to game the ME, like last patch, cross lots, profit.

Doesn't take away from the fact that strikers can't score 1 on 1s, and chance conversion rate is still hopelessly poor.

The issue is that we have unrealistic conversion rates due to unrealistic chance creation. We had, OP crossing, I assume in an attempt to balance, unrealistic conversion rates from shots on the ground, through the middle and one on ones.

We now have unrealistic goal keeping abilities to balance the unrealistic crossing from last patch being OP, but still have unrealistic conversion rates from one on ones.

To aid this, we have an unrealistic amount of shots being parried into strikers, and so on and so on..

I could go on forever, but by now you've probably seen the pattern.

Like I said above, the ME feels like it is close, some of the play and defending is certainly much better from last patch, hopefully we'll get the balance we need in the next patch.

The match engine is way better now! Thanks for the effort SI! No more excessive goals from free kicks and corners and that is fantastic! But I do feel there is still room for improvement though when it comes to defending, as defenders are still quite helpless when the opposition are in their half, i.e. they still stand by passively when the opposition is making passes and running with the ball at them and can't/won't make tackles even when attackers are within close proximity. As a result, there is still an excessive amount of shots per game, even though goals have been toned down due to improved goalkeeping performances. If SI can improve on defenders' closing down and tackling then the match engine would be really great.

Are injuries going to be toned down? It has been absolutely absurd every season so far, with different teams, and everyone I've talked to has said the same. Take a look at the latest Chelsea season I played--this screenshot is from pretty early on in the year, and this was the same year towards the end. No I'm not doing high training constantly, yes I'm letting players come back to match fitness before playing them. People are getting hurt during games more than anything, with insult to injury (literally) added between matches and on international duty.

Those injuries are almost all at least several weeks, and Pogba's was 4 months. The same players get injured a lot despite not being injury prone players in reality (why does Hazard get hurt so much? Guy has rarely missed a game in his career and that 2nd injury is 5-6 weeks). It's extremely unlikely to have that many players out at once during a season, let alone at two different points of the year. People are constantly getting hurt, it's a new report on an injury seemingly every day and a constant juggling of hurt players.

Even if the game does somehow reflect the average injury rate (in case I'm going to be shown an example or get told that by SI), is that very fun? To me, this isn't fun, and is a case where 'realism' (if injuries really are about equal) hurts gameplay. Arsenal are having an injury crisis in real life, about as bad and extreme a case as can happen on one team, and it still doesn't equal my squad's injuries. Hope it gets fixed, thanks for listening!

played 3 saves, always had general training on low and individual training on heavy, so that global training for each player is at medium. As many phisios as chairman lets me have. Injuries for me are veeeery low. I see your Chelsea has problems though, are you sure global training isn't too high?

And clear cut chances are now mostly a joke, the shooters either love to shoot on keepers hand or keepers react so godly quick and catch the ball or reflect it so easily in an unreal sec of time.

CCC actually make no sense. I usually prefer to defend a lead by using control rather than defending, since even if I keep conceding many one on on ones, they're far less dangerous than shots from distance.

Daft near post crosses are still in. Playing the likes of everton is beyond painful.

I just lost 1-6 to Roma. 5 of 6 goals came from corners, despite I've assigned 4 players to the near post, they still got no idea how to defend these crosses.. Very frustrating to say the least.

Game shelved, again, till next patch.

All goals very monotonous. Cross, corner and long shot. Conducted tests. Play with 2 winger backs and ML. 2 winger back play defense and ML. Center reserves let the game in 2 striker but all the goals I scored with cross and all attacks go through the flanks. But there are 3 players must play in protecting. Output 1 on 1 scoring worse than the cross from the flank

I just lost 1-6 to Roma. 5 of 6 goals came from corners, despite I've assigned 4 players to the near post, they still got no idea how to defend these crosses.. Very frustrating to say the least.

Game shelved, again, till next patch.

Happened to me earlier against Southamptopn, lost 6-2. Five of the eight goals in the match were from crosses and two more from near post crosses. Don't get me wrong, defensive play has improved, It's just dry dog **** now whereas before it was fresh, stinky bat guano.

The greasy gloves of the keeper is an issue. Have conceded another goal where a header is parried out straight to another player who slots it home. Parries are a concern. Another goal the opposition scored was a shot that hit the post flew back at 100 mph straight to their striker who calmly volleyed home. IRL he probably wouldn't have time to react.

And please can someone inform me about this in match issue with tactics. You cannot change tactics in match without dragging a tactic back from the archive. Your starting tactic is not available in the tactics dropdown menu so if you change in game and want to change back you have to pull it from the archive to do so. In 14 you could just click between your loaded tactics or just use the dropdown.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Happened to me earlier against Southamptopn, lost 6-2. Five of the eight goals in the match were from crosses and two more from near post crosses. Don't get me wrong, defensive play has improved, It's just dry dog **** now whereas before it was fresh, stinky bat guano.

played with juvents vs real madrid lost 4-6 .. they score 5 from corners need fix fast

Strange all these complaints about crosses, but since the hotfix, I've not seen anywhere near as many near post goals as previous.

I play 3 centre backs, so I wonder if that has an effect? Also, for defensive corners, I zonally mark the 6 yard box, and again, I don't have any issues.

People complaining about conceding from corners - are you sure you don't just have a short team? You need to think about defending set pieces when picking a team, just as managers do IRL. As Arsenal I have Chambers, Dede, Koscielny, Kondogbia, Khedira, Welbeck and Giroud in my team - ie a massive team - and very rarely concede from corners. The last two zonally mark the six-yard box, the rest man mark.

Concerning the injuries.

I think the frequency is perfect, the problem is that injuries happen too often during matches instead of training injuries. That's why people complain.

Several times one player got injured and the sub got injured also 5 min later. This is weird. also had 4 injuries during a game etc.

I understand that training etc. influences the injury frequency, but i think some balancing would be good.

This doesn't mean to tone down the frequency, since i think overall it is realistic.

Greetings to SI, Football Manager team and fans,

Few days ago I decided to give Football Manager 15 Demo a try. I like what I see to a certain point but I want to see more in order to buy the game.

So here are my requests or needs for

the future of this series and I am sure they will attract other fans to this series and I hope you won't choose to be conservative about it:

1. Players should have an overall level for their favourite positions, you already have an option to highlight the player's attributes for these positions, why let the series players calculate or create their own algorithm which might be inaccurate, create the algorithm for each position based on the player skills and supply the level at least as an option, your competition until last year did that and had the option to play with or without, I know they are not on the market anymore but that doesn't mean you should limit yourselves to one way of doing things.

2. Players should have their level for a number of positions they are used to very well at full potential and others that they have the ability to play in but they are not yet used to.

3. The algorithms for the overall level should be visible and each attribute should be allocated a percentage for the position you are checking to see if a player is suited to play in.

4. Add the option to create a club, create kit, team logo and all the implications of creating a club.

5. Unlimited seasons. Why have a 30 year limit? Increase please!

6. This goes without saying for me, overall rating should be the same for everybody, not like the star system that you have right now that is according to the team.

7. Own a club or buy a club when you make sufficient money, or create a club when you have sufficient money after starting a career.

8. Faces, the graphic part that puts the cherry on the cake for me. Faces like in reality, creating them, seeing them when the player scores a goal, when he is defending, when he gives a throw in is superb. I was a face maker for Fifa series, I've never been for a football management series, would love to...

9. Spreadsheets and financial tools to give you an image of what you are doing especially when you own the club and options to make budgets for each little thing.

10. Would be nice to get a message to know if any of this will be at least proposed. I don't want to wait around. You either want my money or you don't. There are other people that love the things above mentioned, for sure. So meet some new needs if you can and want to do so. I'll be the first to buy when I see on the main website page "new overall level system".

I'd implore people complaining about corners / crosses to upload examples to the Bugs Forum, rather than just provide feedback in here - very few people have taken the time to do so, so far.

There were vast improvements made in this area for 1534 but it's important to remember that corners and crosses will still go in, just less frequently than before and in more acceptable ways than before. It's clearly a hot topic and massively subjective, as can be seen by the comments in here. If you upload examples, SI can look and add them to their existing bug reports.

Archived