Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Really not enough injuries for me, at the current real life date I have one injury, the average across the whole league is 3 injuries per team, and only 2 players in the whole league are out for more than 2 months. My assistant takes care of all training, and obviously I don't have any influence on the other teams.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
another small m.e. issue I don't know if has been noted, players winning a tackle well and then just standing back and allowing the opposition to pick themselves up and retake the ball.

If you have examples of this, please report it in the Match Engine section of the bugs forum - with PKM evidence.

For those complaining about the pitch being too bright etc, mine is ok

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339176055

Mine too, in fact this year, they've actually got that part completely nailed. Normally I have to hunt around for mods to fix it, but that aspect is spot on this year.

another small m.e. issue I don't know if has been noted, players winning a tackle well and then just standing back and allowing the opposition to pick themselves up and retake the ball.

you need to upload pkms giving times this happens. In my personal experience I see it the other way around where players get tackled, fall over and take ages to get up.

You will always be more sensitive to actions affecting the team you manage than others e.g. you score a last minute goal to win is IK, opposition do it and the ME is "broken" :D

Whereabouts?

QUOTE]

It depends what instructions you've given but its the "take a Breather" instruction. Subject to instructions you already have selected it will be "Waste Time" instead of take a breather

Just a minor UI suggestion. When the training report comes up, I think it would be better if we could right click on the player and praise/warn them about their training performance. At the moment you have to click on the player then the interaction menu

Mixed bag for me so far. I would rate it a 7/10 with the potential to be an 8/10 with improvements to the match engine as have been pointed out already.

I am actually a fan of the new tactics screen layout it is not perfect but I slightly prefer it to last years. Player interactions are much more intuitive this time around and I do not feel like you are wasting my time. The sidebar took some getting used to but is slowly growing on me, I imagine once I work out where everything is I will like it a bit more than I currently do. The tunnel interviews so far seem a bit repetitive but are a nice addition and with work could be pretty fun.

In terms of the match engine the new animations are great, some of the play on display is a joy to watch and see your tactics coming to life a massive step forward from last year.

Although like so many others I am frustrated by the comical at times goalkeepers who seem to be so drunk once they fall over and make a save they are stuck and will not move, allowing attackers to simply tap in. The defenders are guilty of not reacting quick enough as well sometimes which only makes this problem worse.

The crossing issue is taking a bit of the fun out of the game, I play a short passing 4-1dm-1-3-1 which works about 50% of the time, but I know if I am losing I can just switch to a direct cross till you can cross no more tactic and I will score for fun. It also means I am getting pretty god at predicting when the a.i. will score. I watch on key and 90% of the goals I concede are from balls into the box or corners.

I have managed to reduce this a bit through tactical tweaks and getting my fullbacks to play with a defend mentality and changing one of my centre backs to cover. But it is still very hard to defend both balls into the box through lack of closing down or tackling by fullbacks and when they get the cross in centre backs are too often static and just allow the a.i. to win it unchallenged.

The crazy score lines is also a bit of a drag I have made it to February and in an average premier league weekend there are no 0-0s and most games finish 2-2 6-5 -5-4 with crazy comebacks.

I am playing at the moment more to get used to the new features, I probably won't start a serious game until the issues are ironed out. I still think it is a good game that just needs a few changes to shine.

Still have a problem with DLC and the in-game editor.

Still getting error 1000. Based in UK. Mac and PC Versions have same result. This seems to be a bit more than a bug; it's a feature which is not working at all. I'm surprised this made it past Beta testing... Presumably it's a new issue. Please look at this as soon as you can.

I'm so disappointed in myself for buying this in November :(

Near post volleys, please, just stop. 80% of goals are outrageous near post volleys.

The bottom of the league bug is now in it's 6th incarnation, you will never beat the team bottom of the league.

Tactical instructions mean nothign as the AI always "counter" it. I play wide, they counter it by playing narrow, but if I play narrow, they counter me by playing wide. Why does the benefot of the doubt always go to the AI? If I sit deep I allow 30 shots on target but if the AI sit deep I don't get a shot on target. And on and on it goes. The entire game is based around a tactical battle you aren't allowed to win.

Away at Chelsea next, my strategy here is to put 2 DMs and hit them on the break. What will actually happen is they will win 6-0 with approx 30 shots on goal because they will "lolcounter" that tactic.

Edit: Will that was depressingly predictable, although it was only 3-0 (2 near post volleys) and 27 shots.

Home to Leicester next, I will go for my control tactic with only one deep midfielder, which will be lolcountered and I will lose 2-0. Shame there isn't an option to just type in the scorelines myself to save me having to get epilepsy while watching my team play like cocks at 10fps.

The bottom of the league bug is now in it's 6th incarnation, you will never beat the team bottom of the league.

What on earth is this nonsense? :D

You're doing something wrong tactically and/or in press conferences/teamtalks if you can't beat the team who is bottom of the league. There's no bug there.

Saving is ridiculously slow. :/

With only 6 countries, first season, "only" 70k players... And it's only 40mbs now. Can't imagine what will happen after a couple of seasons when the save size is about 150mbs...

And this is with an SSD. :confused:

That has NEVER happened to me before, even in my journeyman saves. Wouldn't really call it a bug unless there is more evidence of it. Sorry.

I've found a bit of a fix with the amount of crossed goals conceded by playing three at the back, not ideal, but it seems to have cut them down.
2 CBs and FBs work for me, I just play with "Close down more" instruction, which I usually would use even without the crossing bug. My FBs block about a third of opponent's crosses. And for some reason AI doesn't block any of my crossing.

You're doing something wrong tactically and/or in press conferences/teamtalks if you can't beat the team who is bottom of the league. There's no bug there.

I've probably beaten the bottom of the league team less than 10 times in over 200 seasons since 2009. They just rock up and destroy me. Even if I was getting my team talk wrong (lol) this isn't right.

Don't know if this is really feedback but so far I'd say this is far better than 14. Match engine is improved (although CB's do get caught under the ball too often), tactics feel responsive, scouting is so much better and player interaction is stronger.

Only criticism (apart from the CB's) is that it feels very difficult to keep a squad together- players come to you after only a couple of games and demand to move because of not getting enough football even if they are backups.

I've probably beaten the bottom of the league team less than 10 times in over 200 seasons since 2009. They just rock up and destroy me. Even if I was getting my team talk wrong (lol) this isn't right.

This happens because your tactics are "wrong", not your team talk.

Pleased you can now give the 'Don't get complacent' team talk at half time without everyone getting confused, de-motivated.

Never understood that reaction in previous games.

This has always worked quite well. Team talks in general have. :thup:

Oh one thing I would say- the game is a bit weird about claiming goals are great both in the match commentary and the press conferences. For example I scored a goal recently where my keeper kicked it from hand the CB missed it and my striker scored a simple one on one- commentary said 'we might be seeing that for some time.' Also I got asked about a player scoring a header from 8 yards out in a press conference- the 'It was a special goal' response seemed odd.

So I gather, it's just weird how the tactic that puts you top of the league can never beat the whipping boys. Also odd how it doesn't apply to the team second from bottom.

Then you should have played my save in FM14. I struggled against the 2nd from bottom teams, but never anyone else! :D

I've started several saves and i've never had an issue with injuries.

If anything, in my experience i've seen too few.

Some people are clearly getting hammered, i wonder if its just bad luck or there is some kind of trigger?

I wonder if he set up his tactics to attack thinking he'd score loads in an easy win?

Because that would be a ridiculous thing to do right? Attack the worst team in the league, what muppet would do that.

What they're trying to say, is don't pick a lock with a hammer. They're the bottom team. They're going to sit very deep and deny you space. They'll wait for an opening to counter attack. Don't just barge in. Don't commit too many players forward to leave yourself open to the counter. You're the better team. Rely on good movement, patience and the better players. Create the gaps where there is none and be patient about it. The players will do the rest.

I'm so disappointed in myself for buying this in November :(

Near post volleys, please, just stop. 80% of goals are outrageous near post volleys.

Tactical instructions mean nothign as the AI always "counter" it. I play wide, they counter it by playing narrow, but if I play narrow, they counter me by playing wide. Why does the benefot of the doubt always go to the AI? If I sit deep I allow 30 shots on target but if the AI sit deep I don't get a shot on target. And on and on it goes. The entire game is based around a tactical battle you aren't allowed to win.

Away at Chelsea next, my strategy here is to put 2 DMs and hit them on the break. What will actually happen is they will win 6-0 with approx 30 shots on goal because they will "lolcounter" that tactic.

Edit: Will that was depressingly predictable, although it was only 3-0 (2 near post volleys) and 27 shots.

Home to Leicester next, I will go for my control tactic with only one deep midfielder, which will be lolcountered and I will lose 2-0. Shame there isn't an option to just type in the scorelines myself to save me having to get epilepsy while watching my team play like cocks at 10fps.

What this post tells me is that Football Manager really isn't the game for you.

Don't know if this is a bug or just how it is, but if I look at the Landmarks in my history it says I've been relegated twice. but if you look at the dates I joined those clubs when they were already relegated so I don't think it should have been credited as a landmark in my history.

ia90CTC.png

What this post tells me is that Football Manager really isn't the game for you.

I'm realising this about so many people I used to respect (in FM terms) they want win button football lite that always does what they think it should rather than what "might" happen even irl.

They also refuse to accept that even the very best video games have limitations and the more you try to simulate the more bugs and inaccuracies you'll have to live with.

There are two definitions of playable, technical which FM15 easily achieves and personal which is exactly that, if it's unplayable to you personally and your told your particular foibles won't be catered for this time round it's time to move on.

Archived