Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

So I am Liverpool right now. 24 matches into the first season. One of my players tells me he wants to leave because he wants to be in the Champions League. Liverpool IS in the CL this year and I am in 3rd place for this current season, therefore projected to be in it again. What's going on here?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.. I posted my complaints.. This error has been going on since the first game of FM went out I think. So tired of it ! :-)

Even though I love the game there are still place for huuuuge improvements on match engine and also simple options you have in real life as a manager, you dont see the SI try to make these options possible in the game. For example to include youngsters into first team training without having them to be moved to your team.

Waaay to many long range shots going in. It seems that the goalies dive for the ball but don't move laterally at all. It appears that the issue of too high scoring is the GK movement isn't right.

Hi I've played just over half a season with Sheffield United big improvement from the beta. I found no problem with crossed goals for the 1st 15 games or so and scores where realistic then boom lose 5-0 all 5 goals from free kicks headed in by unmarked player at the edge of 6 yard box. Since this game most of my games have averaged about 6 goals nearly all goals conceded from free kicks or corners or crosses to near post. This is the only problem I'm seeing otherwise enjoying the rest of the game. Hopefully once this ME issue is sorted we are going to have a great game.

I just had to quit the game. The goalkeeping is just horrendous in this game. The game is almost broken. Hard Long shoots where the goalie tries to save it with a tackle! with their foot instead of a easy save with theitr hands, or take it down with their foor when they could easily pick it up (instead the ball shoot the goalkeeper into the goal because he trie to take it down like a outfield player)..etc etc..its so akward and unrealistic! And if they somehow manage to stop the ball, they just stand still uresponsive until the attacker reach the goal line and put it into the net at the goalkeepers feet. It doesnt matter what player it is..its not possible to make a call if it a bad goalkeeper or the odd mistake. Because it happens to often to almost everyone very often. At makes a decent ME look laughable..they try to sell the game on better goalkeeping?!. It has never been worse.

On the negative side, my Arsenal team just lost 8-1 to Chelsea. With normal tactics...

...and they had ten men from soon after their second goal.

And before you tell me it's my tactics, I'm comfortably in the top four and have won the league since starting with this tactic.

Realism seems to have gone out of the window, I fear :(

I just had to quit the game. The goalkeeping is just horrendous in this game. The game is almost broken. Hard Long shoots where the goalie tries to save it with a tackle! with their foot instead of a easy save with theitr hands, or take it down with their foor when they could easily pick it up (instead the ball shoot the goalkeeper into the goal because he trie to take it down like a outfield player)..etc etc..its so akward and unrealistic! And if they somehow manage to stop the ball, they just stand still uresponsive until the attacker reach the goal line and put it into the net at the goalkeepers feet. It doesnt matter what player it is..its not possible to make a call if it a bad goalkeeper or the odd mistake. Because it happens to often to almost everyone very often. At makes a decent ME look laughable..they try to sell the game on better goalkeeping?!. It has never been worse.

I'm not sure it'll count as the most constructive feedback in the thread, but I actually tend to agree with this poster. It does feel as though goalkeepers try to use their feet a lot more than they would in real life, particularly with making saves. The motion capture has vastly improved the goalkeeper movement, but their decision making still leaves something to be desired, and their reaction times after making a stop seem to be underwhelming- if a keeper parries a shot, it takes about a second too long for them to re-engage with the match and realise that the ball is still alive and in play. Now playing the full game, I'm seeing quite a few goals which are just mad scrambles in the area where, in reality, the keeper would've reacted much quicker to try and kill the ball, even if unsuccessfully.

On the negative side, my Arsenal team just lost 8-1 to Chelsea. With normal tactics...

...and they had ten men from soon after their second goal.

And before you tell me it's my tactics, I'm comfortably in the top four and have won the league since starting with this tactic.

Realism seems to have gone out of the window, I fear :(

There seems to be quite a few cases of epic high scoring just out of the blue -

I've had a lot of 7-0s, - Chelsea beat Valencia 9-1 - 7 Goals from crosses ofc - Man UtD beat Shaktar 10-0 - Juventus beat Bayern 8-1 - These are just what I remember. It's not your tactics, it happens in AI matches a lot too.

I'm not sure it'll count as the most constructive feedback in the thread, but I actually tend to agree with this poster. It does feel as though goalkeepers try to use their feet a lot more than they would in real life, particularly with making saves. The motion capture has vastly improved the goalkeeper movement, but their decision making still leaves something to be desired, and their reaction times after making a stop seem to be underwhelming- if a keeper parries a shot, it takes about a second too long for them to re-engage with the match and realise that the ball is still alive and in play. Now playing the full game, I'm seeing quite a few goals which are just mad scrambles in the area where, in reality, the keeper would've reacted much quicker to try and kill the ball, even if unsuccessfully.

It's not really a surprise - Goalkeeper decision making was very bad last year. Getting pretty with graphics and motion capture isn't go to fix this..

Time better spent elsewhere I feel.

I appreciate the efforts of trying to make the ME look better on a superficial level, but it really fails to mean anything if the game play suffers for it..

Personally, I think the grass on the pitch is far too bright:

df9f9v.png

Even on the dark pitches, its tough to see the ball:

1zgyjpc.png

My opinion is that theres an unrealistic lighting issue within 3D on the stadiums.

Every year the same story. the game usually comes out with occasional annoying changes. Add up a few bugs that ridiculous fake ignore the SI and will subsequently corrected through patches, (way to discourage piracy and keeping fans engaged in forums).

When we get to March, the latest patch will make the game capable and sharpen the appetite for the next Football Manager not long in leaving.

Commercial strategy has yielded results because every year I insist on buying the game in November.

Number of shots far too high playing with shoot less often ticked for every player...also with work the ball into box on. Players (barca) should be looking for openings rather than taking pot shots

Also some of the shots are horrendously inaccurate...I don't mean simply poor finishing as the helicopter view shots on target percentages are probably ok...I mean some good players taking wild wild shots with the trajectory of the ball almost shanking off the feet and going wild distances and wild angles wide...its far off accurate simulation. I noticed sometimes the body shape of player shooting receiving the ball directly in front of goal face on...moved in slow motion and angled his body about a crazy angle facing away from goal and duly hit the ball that direction ie about 30 yards wide from about 12 yards out...i noticed it first when actually xavi (who irl isn't the best finisher/long shot exponent) did it...however this was off the wall. I was like..'what just happened there' so i looked at it in slow motion and the body angling thing came into play...was like the way some players have that crazy slow turning motion but this was bizarro world...contributes to some really wild shooting

It's not really a surprise - Goalkeeper decision making was very bad last year. Getting pretty with graphics and motion capture isn't go to fix this..

Time better spent elsewhere I feel.

I appreciate the efforts of trying to make the ME look better on a superficial level, but it really fails to mean anything if the game play suffers for it..

Rather than trying to pass judgement (incorrectly as motion capture has nothing to do with improving goal keeping in the match engine, thats coding, and done by an entirely different team) on SI's practices , can we simply stick to feedback of the game itself. Thanks.

Playing in the SPL literally 90% of goals are from crosses. If not then long shots being fumbled into the net by the keeper. Match Engine clearly has the potential to be great but as quite a few people are saying some basic issues are rendering the game unplayable. I have never outright disliked an FM even when people said x y or z over the previous years I presumed it was tactics but right now it is ridiculous. I changed my fullbacks from wingback attack/support combo to both on Fullback support in the hope they would do a better job defensively but it makes no odds, time and time again they get beat, works both ways though and I score from crosses more often than not too. Given up till patch, which I hope will make this game the best FM yet, I love everything else especially the new tactics screen!

There is definitely some potential here but it is completely unplayable in its current state. Injuries render the game useless.
There is nothing wrong with the injuries in FM, this has been proven many times already. If something, there's still a bit less injuries than IRL.

FM is meant to simulate football, it's not FIFA or some other POS.

If enough users give constructive negative feedback concerning crosses to goals. Freekicks to goals and corners to goals, coupled with goalkeeping errors, a "fix" won't be too far off Id imagine. As it is clearly a problem for a fair few users

That's not how it works. It's already been noted and worked on. It's not a case of shout louder and it will arrive quicker.

OK,played for some time and I am satisfied...injuries OK,no problems,some players injured but everything is normal,interface is good,really nice and just aska for some time to get used to...goal scoring in friendlies and league OK,but I played against Vikingur in uefa league with Hajduk from Croatia and won in first game 12-0 and in second 10-0... I am a good manager,but not that good :D And i honestly made them pull back a little,even a lot of reserves played the second match...

Okay, so strated my first save, played a couple of games, initial thoughts on the game in general;

-The UI is in no way near as jarring and ugly as I initially thought, having to get used to some things that moved, but it seems okay.

-Player interaction feels a little more sensible

-Transfers seem odd, seems quite a lot easier for the player to push bids up, but the NPC managers don't do the same. Was able to get Balanta for £6.5m, Romero for £7.5m. Also seen Sirigu and Motta leave PSG for £3.3 and £1m respectively. Obviously I'm not very far in, others seeing similar?

-The new roles seem okay. I don't think Ramdeuter is playing differently enough to IF(A) from the little I have seen and why we can't have an Inverted Full Back on attack duty I don't know (yes, I might want my full back to be a direct goal threat, bite me!).

-Central Defenders are total idiots. Both with and without the ball they continuously do stupid stuff, from ignoring the ball, to smacking it long for no reason, they are like a tutorial of exactly how NOT to be a CB at the moment.

-Players don't react quick enough. Be it from set pieces, misplaced passes, deflections, whatever players take an age to change what they are doing. Had a good example just now where one of my players miss placed a raking ball out to the right, instead of getting the ball my players, and the opposition just ran straight back to their goal while the ball slowly trickled out of play.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/50991260389839756/7215B2ABB4C4ECCE41B4D03F7026055A0486B1C0/

This is so ridiculous I wonder if it might even be a bug. £45m and 18 league games in two and a half years? Really???

Did you forget the 19 games before crossing to Man City in the same season?

Has he been injured much?

Sure it's been pointed out millions of times but...

- Still, goal numbers are a little high.

- Crosses seem way too accurate and effective. It seems that every game I'm seeing world class type balls in from players with 12 crossing. Not to say they could never hit a great ball in real life, but it's over the top atm. Defenders really struggle to defend them as well.

- Long shots are too effective. Pretty similar to the crossing issue. Too many shots are getting on target to GKs that have no idea what to do with them. A lot of the shots seems to come in an unrealistic fashion where the player hitting the ball doesn't have any momentum going forward but blasts it from 30 yards.

There's lots good with the ME so it's a bit annoying to see the same looking goals over and over. Still, very enjoyable experience for the first week.

Edit: Oh, and I still despise the tactics screen.

FORGIVE ME IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG PLACE OR ITS BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE

Is it me or is this wrong, certainly different from previous FMs

On the main overview screen instead of the Long club name it gives the club short name eg Man Utd

Surely the main overview panel is the main screen and should contain the club Official full name (I understand where naming rights apply?)

On the Players (squad) screen it displays long name of club Manchester United when it should be short IMO

this injuries garbage is getting beyond a joke now,one stretched off 1 per game plus a couple of knocks per game knocking them out for a few games aswell

plus why is every keeper manuel neuer and every defender kompany and mine are pete the jakey

Season 1 on FMC15; won the Championship with Norwich undefeated and got very lucky and won the Carling Cup.

The board now expect me to be in the top half of the Premiership next season? Isn't that a little optimistic?

On top of that, I can't for love nor money sell players during pre-season. No one is interested. August, seems to be easier, but only at cut price.

What's the chances of the patch coming out today? Would love to be able to start my long save, live football on sky, f1 and fm15 with a nice Sunday roast and new patch for pudding, perfect. Please si, don't make us wait too long. Today?
It's pointless asking, because you won't get an answer. An update will come out when it's ready. No sooner.

I am having an issue where the white lines around the goal/side of pitch keep flickering... they appear, disappear and it is distracting :(

The long shots are a bit much, I am playing in LLM and they are going in easily from long shots.

My opinion for what it's worth!? I love the new layout I think injuries are more than realistic (on my saves at least) but there is still way too many goals! Sort this out and I genuinely believe this will be the best FM/champ manager ever released!

Other than the issue with crosses, which is well documented, I'm finding problems with players just running through my whole team.

I'm playing 3-4-3 diamond, so obviously have a lot of players in the middle. Yet the opposition are repeatedly able to pick up the ball in the middle of the pitch and dribble past everyone, largely unchallenged, some of my players even choosing just to stand back and admire the run.

thanks. Thought I'd ask early as I think others will ask today as looking through different forums, there is a lot of people who are unhappy. Here's hoping for today.

Let's hope so mate these high scores have been an issue since very first version released and they still haven't sorted it!

Simple improvement here for a news item, I really hope this gets taken on board:

Weekend previews of other leagues list fixtures as well as a brief paragraph on the biggest game of the weekend - fine.

The weekend round up has the brief paragraph detailing the results, but a list of results is absent. Being able to also view of list results at a glance would be far better.

this injuries garbage is getting beyond a joke now,one stretched off 1 per game plus a couple of knocks per game knocking them out for a few games aswell

plus why is every keeper manuel neuer and every defender kompany and mine are pete the jakey

Agree about the Injuries. Getting far too many in matches. In my opinion it needs toning down.

I have updated my graphics drivers but I still have the flickering white lines (opposite side of the pitch) and around the posts in the goal area. It is seriously annoying me now. :(

Could you please report it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/443-Football-Manager-2015-Crashes-Technical-Game-Launch-and-Workshop-Issues

Not sure if you have a mac or pc, so just post in the relevant sub-forum. Thanks.

Closing down and balancing

As many others have already mentioned, the match engine in its current state has issues, issues I would not call bugs but rather balancing issues.

Closing down is not one of them, in this version the midfield actually exists compared to fm14 and pressuring other teams is actually possible.

Please do not tone it down to balance the issue with the lack of goals from passes through midfield and excessive crosses which lead to goals.

Rather improve player movement, off the ball and with the ball, as players seem reluctant to move into the right spaces, rather than tone down closing down.

FM14 is still infuriating in that area and FM15 is much more how it should be

OK in pervious editions of FM I have managed to create 7 different (match) tactics. Then I import them into every new game I create. I know with FM15 the tactics is a little different so I have now created the same 7 tactics again in the new FM15 format from scratch

I know I can only use 3 tactics to train with but when I play the match I can usually see all 7 in the drop down menu so if there is 10 mins. to go and I am 1 up against Real Madrid I can load my contain tactics (not one of my normal 3 but one that contains about 6 defenders.LOL) in quite easily and hope for the best for the last 10 mins

On FM15 there doesn't not seem to be any way I can import any tactics in during that match apart from the 3 tactics that I have defaulted in the tactics menus for training and have left in the tactics screen before the match begins. All I can see is the 3 tactics as I said and also the default tactics that come with the game

Am I missing something or is this just something that has changed in FM15.

If anyone can help me find a solution to this I would be most grateful

Archived