Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Having played almost 5 seasons (started on beta) I think the AI squad building still needs some work. I .

Tbf it always will but it's noticeably better this time, I've had to keep my wits about me and I've loss out to the AI on deals I really didn't expect to.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to AI squad building..

Is there a practical Joke SI are playing with Man utd?

The first thing they did on my save was to buy Ricardo Rodriguez - Another left back, after having bought 3 in the summer, than as if to ride home how much they apparently need more left backs, they put a bid in for my left back at the end of the season.

O_O

Having played up till the 2nd game of the season, I just dunno where to start..

First and foremost lost my opening game 1-6 and the goals conceded where nothing short of comical

- 2 shots from the half way line

- 3 own goals in my own area attempted clearances by my own defenders ricocheting off my own players

- 1 goal where my team just stood there watching as a player ran the full field and scored.

What a shame cos I did like the newish interface but nah SI going to give this one a miss because somethings terribly wrong.

Might be time to skip a version as I've played everyone up till now and having only played the first 2 games it's really put me off, just saying like!

With regards to AI squad building..

Is there a practical Joke SI are playing with Man utd?

The first thing they did on my save was to buy Ricardo Rodriguez - Another left back, after having bought 3 in the summer, than as if to ride home how much they apparently need more left backs, they put a bid in for my left back at the end of the season.

O_O

Funny, I took over ManU myself and bought a left-back and a right-back who can play the left side as well, because I thought I needed those guys. I personally see Blind more as DM and Rojo more as CB. And Shaw was injured, so I had to make a move (or two). So maybe the AI has similar ideas ;-)

Only 7 people have bug reported a crash when loading the others are for different reason or at different times in the game so please count properly if you're going to quote numbers :)

Can anybody else add to the info so far given on this specific crash please in the bug reports, so I can point it out to the Devs?

Edit: I was wrong only 3 reports of similar problem to you today the others are crashing on loading the game, hope somebody can get back to you all asap but it is Saturday afternoon here and even SI get some time off :)

Ok then, let me go another way then--I've paid $50 and I can't play the game--literally can't play it. Other games may have all the bugs you want but at least it's a playable product. So here I am sitting and waiting.

But yeah, there's just three of us, so as you were.

I've played half a season, the absolute minimum I feel that should be played before posting any kind of feedback. I don't know what you guys did between releasing the BETA and the full version, but it's like playing a different game.

The whole game is considerably less responsive, simply going from page to page takes an inordinate amount of time. The sidebar is not as good looking an interface as the previous top-bar, personal opinion maybe. The match engine is slow, cumbersome, and doesn't feel natural or smooth. It looks like you've tried to make it too smooth looking, and something has been lost in the performance? I tallied the goals in my games from a half season. 73% are as a result of crosses into the box. Many of the remaining % are individual errors. The players don't seem to have any regard for the instructions you present them with, even when they are coherent with the tactics you are asking of them. The engine is predictable, I watch on extended highlights, but it's quite easy to guess when you are about to score or concede a goal, pretty much anytime the ball goes out wide actually.

The sound has been an issue in the last version, and remains so in this version. If you're playing a game with an attendance of 500, it shouldn't sound like there are 50,000 at the game. A minor issue, yeah, absolutely, but the difference it makes to the game is surprising. I'm sure that could be a pretty easy fix, couldn't it?

The match engine is the biggest factor that has to be taken into consideration in the game, it's the centre piece of the whole release. I can't help but feel disappointed, especially when the BETA version actually delivered. Looking forward to the patches, but really wish the issues were ironed out before the release, it's becoming an annual problem now :confused:

love the game layout new features etc just the match engine letting it down now highscoring poor keeper mistakes etc bla bla bla everything everyone as already moaned and complained about, not playing it until its patched again ruining my season, quite happy to wait for the next patch/update.

although finding out that my son was generated into the game from the youth intake which I haven't seen before haha, just a pitty he is terrible with hardly any potential.:D

The match engine is the biggest factor that has to be taken into consideration in the game, it's the centre piece of the whole release. I can't help but feel disappointed, especially when the BETA version actually delivered. Looking forward to the patches, but really wish the issues were ironed out before the release, it's becoming an annual problem now :confused:
So true. I think the previous match engine (1529 I think) was the best match engine I've ever seen on any version of FM. And because of the out-of-this-world crossing, match engine 1531 is the worst I've ever seen. What the hell happened?

While you obviously "can" play this version, it is virtually unplayable. When the problems are fixed, the tactics that work now won't probably work anymore, so you have to change team tactics in the middle of a season. I know that good tactics work despite m.e. updates, but with this m.e.: how can I tell if my tactic is any good when the players couldn't care less about what I tell them to do?

My first impressions;¨

- Tactic screen is a big step back and the previous version was much better. IRoles and duties should be on the field, and the new sidebar removed. There is no reason why slots for 12 subsitutes should occupy the first part of the screen, having to scoll to see your players and their statuses.

- It's extremely annoying that you can't right click on a players name in their profile screen to ie make an offer or shortlist them. You have to go through the drop down menus or finding his mane another place on the screen and double click there.

- Also while you're at a players profile, and want to perform different actions like making a bid or have a conversation, when finished it doesn't go back to the player profile, but the previous page before that. Why on earth would it be like that? I guess it's not considered a bug since it's not fixed yet (must be fairly easy to fix), so what is the reasoning behind this?

So true. I think the previous match engine (1529 I think) was the best match engine I've ever seen on any version of FM. And because of the out-of-this-world crossing, match engine 1531 is the worst I've ever seen. What the hell happened?

While you obviously "can" play this version, it is virtually unplayable. When the problems are fixed, the tactics that work now won't probably work anymore, so you have to change team tactics in the middle of a season. I know that good tactics work despite m.e. updates, but with this m.e.: how can I tell if my tactic is any good when the players couldn't care less about what I tell them to do?

If you consider that 1529 to 1531 took a turn for the worse, then it will highlight to you how finely balanced the Match Engine is. What swings one way in one build can swing the other way in the next. Have faith. It's a very, very complicated game.

I can understand that people get frustrated, but I can't help feeling that people just need to chill out a bit and take a deep breath now and then.

I don't think the idea of attributes being ranged works.

Yes it makes sense that a scout has no certainty if some attribute is 14 or 15 so he ranges it 12-16, but this presentation makes it confusing to have a quick glance at a player.

For instance I'm looking at the transfer activity in the Premier League and every player I click I see this entire range of attributes, it's not easy on the eye.

For me, I won't be playing this game further until its patched, my feedback of a days worth of play so far, are;

• An official light skin needs to be supplied with the game, to give the user the choice of dark or light (the dark skin hurts my eyes)

• 3D mode - Unrealistic lighting (too many bright, almost illuminous pitches)

• 3D mode - The goalposts, nets and especially the ball, can be difficult to see due the pitch lighting

• Goalkeeping errors, slow reaction to rebound time & too much shot parrying to opposition players

• Too many goals from crosses

• Too many goals from set pieces (specially near post crossing)

• Full backs not stopping crosses

• Random crashes on mac

Other points I would make, that I'd like improving (not imperative, though):

• Tactics screen needs tidying up

• Games are slightly too high scoring for my liking - 4-0 seems to pop up regular

• In-game team talks/shouts - not seen anything effective come of these yet?

Thanks

EDIT: Just like to say, I love the sidebar addition. :thup:

I've seen a few people mention they need to wait until March to play the game again....surely it's not going to take that long to fix the ME?

I'm a bit worried as I just bought the game 2 days ago but very reluctant to start a save until the ME is fixed. Really disappointing

I've seen a few people mention they need to wait until March to play the game again....surely it's not going to take that long to fix the ME?

I'm a bit worried as I just bought the game 2 days ago but very reluctant to start a save until the ME is fixed. Really disappointing

Don't worry. It's the annual over reaction to a game that has just been released. Things will be fixed before March, and then everyone in here will become courteous and loving.

• In-game team talks/shouts - not seen anything effective come of these yet?

Seconded. Also I wonder if the "get creative" does stack with the "be more expressive" TI for example and so on. Does the effect apply IMMEDIATLY or it's like other tactical changes that are applied when the ball is out?

I also second about crosses not being stopped not just by fullbacks, but from supporting DMs and sometimes even the wingers! So you see three of your players running in front of the opponent winger who somehow manages to pull off the cross with pin point laser precision to the head of the lone opposition striker that manages to hit it in the middle of your whole defence and DM standing around like mindless idiots.

To be honest I also see a good step backwards into play building, way too repetitive especially due to the bad off the ball movements from what I can see. Players are not doing enough of an effort to pull away from man marking.

Sometimes I also find out players with a dozen meters of advantage to get to a loose ball that decide to walk instead, with the opposition arriving first from behind. Sometimes it happens also between two of your own players, with the one closest who remains still while the one who was far away get to the ball first.

Good because I am really tired of conceding from corners/crosses despite everything I do. Its really ruining the fun of my save.

This is my biggest gripe, its very hard to build a solid tactic defensively because of this issue. For me, this genuinely does make the game almost unplayable, personally.

Pendraz, I totally agree with the 2nd paragraph of your post.

Anyone getting this problem? My game pops up a message saying that "a serious error was encountered and the application will be closed" although I can easily ignore it and keep playing. When I press "OK" on the error it closes my game. It happened to me on 2 computers, anyone had this problem as well?

I just got asked pre-match questions and one of them was why did i drop my number 1 goalkeeper but there is no option to say he isn't fully fit, nearly every other option there but the one i need, maybe something that SI could perhaps add. Why isn't player X playing...He's not fully fit.

How frustrating! I lost 2-0 in a match I originally won 3-0 because of the error. 3rd time this has happened to me. This HAS to be an error within the game because its happened to me on 2 computers

Have you tried unstalling and reinstalling the game. Maybe something went wrong in the install?

Have you tried unstalling and reinstalling the game. Maybe something went wrong in the install?

I said this happened to me on 2 computers, so yes. I already had it installed on one, and got my other laptop back from repairs today so I installed it today and same problem.

Repeating my complaint "I am sorry to see that Real Madrid Castilla and Real Madrid C are still set to be affilliated clubs to the 1 team. Simply a huge error and you are not able to use many functions to players and the teams due to this. Its a comlete wrong setup ! "

And then its a bit dissapointment that the game engine is so unrealistic.

Also a dissapointment that you can not take youth players to train with the first team.

There are just not enough options for training at all.

The sound has been an issue in the last version, and remains so in this version. If you're playing a game with an attendance of 500, it shouldn't sound like there are 50,000 at the game. A minor issue, yeah, absolutely, but the difference it makes to the game is surprising. I'm sure that could be a pretty easy fix, couldn't it?

Ditto. Some differentiation between games based on attendance numbers would provide a higher degree of welcome realism.

All in all I have to say I am enjoying the game, the only real complaint is the high scores and some of the goals at lower league are just amazing to watch.

I just watched a game in Serie C were all 6 goals would be contenders for goal of the season in any league.

Who knew that a player in Serie C could score 2 goals from 30 yards with his back to goal, he takes the ball on his chest does a 180 and then on the volley smashes it into the top right hand corner.

I feel sorry for my keeper, not only does he have that coming at him but for some reason he wants to save everything with his feet .... hows he going to get his feet up there to save them?... ;)

I am sure with a little bit of tweaking to the ME this will be one of the best releases. :)

I might be being stupid here, if so tell me! But isn't there anyway that FM can allow all previous match engines to be avaliable for people to use from a drop-down menu? It's no extra cost to them, and there's a lot of people who;d want to use 1531, but some would prefer the 1529 one?

I might be being stupid here, if so tell me! But isn't there anyway that FM can allow all previous match engines to be avaliable for people to use from a drop-down menu? It's no extra cost to them, and there's a lot of people who;d want to use 1531, but some would prefer the 1529 one?

Dude you are being stupid.

Sorry you did tell me to tell you. ;)

Love the game so far, just a couple of comments and maybe someone can shed some insight. I feel that the Match Engine right now is a bit unbalanced. By this i mean it favors being direct far more than any other play style. I noticed that as long as the attributes arent completely dire, that wingers tend to beat their markers way too easily. Furthermore long vertical passes tend to connect more often than they should. This leads to a couple of ramifications. Controlling the game becomes increasingly difficult regardless of squad quality ( to certain degree) . Once i'm up by two i tend to control the game and with the objective on being cautious and maintaining a solid shape. However, since my WMs tend to beat their makers easily they constantly run down the touchline (vis a versa as well). Combined with the fact that vertical passes have a high success rate the game becomes a counter attack fest. The second effect is it somewhat nullifies a high block press, and a possession orientated game. With a high block press, long balls just connect too often that it doesn't make sense to disrupt your shape. This is most notable when CBs long balls connect all the time. When it comes to a possession game its just more efficient playing direct. Most of the passes will connect at the same, or even a higher rate than when playing with a cautious mentality.

Other than that, i love the game. The animations are breathtaking, and the RP is the role i've been waiting for years!

I think naive would be fairer than stupid, you obviously have no idea how FM all fits together, suffice it to say it's not even a possibility.

Anyone getting this problem? My game pops up a message saying that "a serious error was encountered and the application will be closed" although I can easily ignore it and keep playing. When I press "OK" on the error it closes my game. It happened to me on 2 computers, anyone had this problem as well?

You need to create a thread in the Crashes and Technical Issues Forum, following the guidelines there, your problem is unlikely to be resolved in this thread.

Repeating my complaint "I am sorry to see that Real Madrid Castilla and Real Madrid C are still set to be affilliated clubs to the 1 team. Simply a huge error and you are not able to use many functions to players and the teams due to this. Its a comlete wrong setup ! "

And then its a bit dissapointment that the game engine is so unrealistic.

Also a dissapointment that you can not take youth players to train with the first team.

There are just not enough options for training at all.

Can you make sure that's reported in the Spanish Data issues forum please?

Archived