Round of 16 - Netherlands vs Mexico (17:00 BST) & Costa Rica vs Greece (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine if Greece actually went all the way, 10 years on from Euro 2004. :D

Greece could also even then become the first WC champions fail to qualify to the next World Cup.

Others have failed to play a WC after winning the previous one but that was because they withdrew.

I thought it was a nice save under the circumstances, just got unlucky on the rebound.

Exactly. Obviously, Lee Dixon would have caught the ball, immediately leaped to his feet and hit an arrowing goalkick all the way up the pitch putting his striker through one on one.

I've had this game on all match and somehow didn't even notice the Costa Rican's were down to 10 men until the commentator mentioned the Greeks had been playing 10 men for 20 minutes now :D

Watching this game in a bar in Salvador full of Brazilians and a few Americans and the whole place let out a collective groan when the Greece goal went in. I'd suggest partly because they all hate Greece's brand of football, and partly because we don't want to sit through 30 more minutes of this. May as well go straight to penalties.

Greece the international equivalent of Chelsea basically.

So true. :D

Costa Rica really unlucky in this game imo, should have had a stonewall penalty, go down to 10 men (deservedly so mind) and then concede in the 91st minute.

If there is a winner in ET then it is surely Greece, they will be revatalised now after the late leveler and of course CR will be down a little after that.

I've had this game on all match and somehow didn't even notice the Costa Rican's were down to 10 men until the commentator mentioned the Greeks had been playing 10 men for 20 minutes now :D

Not noticed the red card icon to the side of CR's team badge? :brock:

This is all part of Greece's plan, btw. Score early in ET and they'll have no idea what to do after, so score as late as they can and win it then.
I know you're just posting funnies there...but how fantastic would it be if it were real that a coach was like 'yeah lads, don't do naff all until 80 mins and we have this sewn up'...would be the greatest coach man has ever seen :D

Gekas and Mitroglou just standing on the shoulder of the last man. Neither player offering anything at all, both doing the exact same thing. What is their 'manager' doing?

Leading Greece to the quarter finals :brock:

(I only want them to win for sweepstake purposes fwiw)

Archived