Should Suarez be banned from football?

jmr

Should he be banned from football?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be banned from football?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biting is up there with 'terrible tackle' I guess

Oh Razzler, I usually enjoy reading what you write but this is just plain wrong.

A 'terrible tackle' is something that can be expected by every player playing at any level. No player in the world should have to be worried about being bitten.

I remember some reporter asking Dalglish about Suarez saying 'negrita' or whatever it was and Dalglish totally pulled a deaf 'un like 'what? sorry, I didn't understand as it's not in Uruguyan' ... was absolutely awful :D Great player but totally mis-played that whole deal

Oh Razzler, I usually enjoy reading what you write but this is just plain wrong.

A 'terrible tackle' is something that can be expected by every player playing at any level. No player in the world should have to be worried about being bitten.

I don't mean terrible as much as 'awful' more like. No player should be worried about someone flying in with an elbow or two footing them. We'd call for 4 or 5 game bans on the tackles, no place in football and all that but we'd never call for lifetime bans

You could argue 'tackles' are part of the game and biting is like headbutting someone, just not something that naturally occurs in the game at any level

Also granted Suarez has previous in this regard and is clearly a loon but when I think that he got 10 games for biting it just seems silly and this is from someone that hates diving, cheating all that. We're talking about a career here

I mean, something does need to be addressed here though but ban for life ... urgh, in amongst all the snideness and git-ness of football we're singling out this as the thing we will definitely make a stand on

Uruguayan's McDonald's inviting Suárez to eat a BigMac there if he is hungry: :D

McDonald's Uruguay @McDonalds_Uy

Hola @luis16suarez, si te quedaste con hambre vení a darle un mordisco a una BigMac ;)

Hadn't seen some of those, but it goes to show this is a very sick human being, and he has no business staying on a football pitch. One such incident in a career is bad enough, but has about 10 in there, and there's bound to be heaps more as well. There is quite simply something seriously wrong with the guy, and he has no qualms whatsoever about trying to injure other players if it can lead to an advantage, either from them getting injured or reacting to his c*ntery. I'm actually impressed strong feckers like Ivanovic and Chiellini manage to constrain themselves and not tear his head off.

I like how he was holding his teeth :D Really selling it 'oh my teeth just came in contact with him'

Any 'it looked like a headbutt' is out the window when he's holding his teeth, he knows it's obvious his teeth made contact but will aim to argue it was accidental rather than a bite, I am guessing

Wait, the ref's nickname is Dracula? Well I think we're about to blow the lid off this whole damn conspiracy!

Yes, he is known as 'Chiquidrácula' as he kind of looks like the character of some old Mexican TV show.

chiquidracula.jpg

I'm not so sure...
Pepe would destroy him.

Suarez does everything on the sly.

Lol at Pepe.

I'm a 'Pool fan but jesus Suarez, you really are a clown.

One way to drive your transfer market value down i suppose :D

12 month ban(paid or unpaid?) followed by a transfer for peanuts at the end of it.

I am loving the shouts for a lifetime ban, particularly from Man U fans, ffs :D Would be ridiculously disproportionate.

The guy loses it when on the field this is well known he has done it again which is hardly surprising he deserves a long ban from all football. I'd be surprised if FIFA don't twist it to make this possible. Liverpool are the real losers here guess they get what they deserve for how they dealt with him last summer :brock:

A lifetime ban? It was at worst only the third most dangerous thing to happen in that game. It's a crazy thing to do, but it's not necessarily any worse than any number of violent acts on the field that don't get nearly the same level of scorn.

I am loving the shouts for a lifetime ban, particularly from Man U fans, ffs :D Would be ridiculously disproportionate.

The calls are coming because it's the third time now. How many times does he have to do it before he is perhaps banned for life? (Or atleast it is seriously considered). Five? Eight? Fifteen? What ban should he recieve for this third time if not a lifetime ban?

It's disguting and has no place in society - do it once down your local pub without the safety net of a football stadium and you'd be in all sorts of trouble.

Personally, I think he has a serious mental problem that he needs help with, and it'd be best if could seek the help he needs without being in the glare of professional football.

to be fair, if I take a ball into the local bar, kick it as hard as I can at a doorway, and then take off my shirt and run at the corner screaming - I'd be in all sorts of trouble too. But that stuff happens all the time in matches.

to be fair, if I take a ball into the local bar, kick it as hard as I can at a doorway, and then take off my shirt and run at the corner screaming - I'd be in all sorts of trouble too. But that stuff happens all the time in matches.

Bit daft that. To say the least.

The solution is quite clear.

I recently watched the movie 'World War Z' and 1 of the ways a country stopped the zombie spread was to remove every persons teeth.

Could be something to think about when it comes to Suarez continuing with playing football.

This is the only solution:D

Suarez has said something along the lines of "these things happen in the box, chest to shoulder, I got an elbow to the eye".

Why the hell was he holding his teeth?

If FIFA somehow believe the blatant lie as well as images :D

Suárez said of the 'bite' claims: "These situations happen on the field. I had contact with his shoulder, nothing more, things like that happen all the time." He added of possible action by the game's governing body: "I don't know anything, if Fifa analyse each case separately it's going to be complicated."

Despite photographic evidence supporting Chiellini’s claim to have been bitten, the centre-half was accused of “crying” by Uruguay’s injured captain Diego Lugano.

“The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini,” Lugano said. “He’s a great player with an enormous status, but it doesn’t correspond with Italian football as sportsmen leaving the field, crying and appealing against a rival. As a man, he disappointed me totally. I had him as a reference point.

"You need to show me what happened because I didn’t see anything. Did you see it today or did you see what happened in other years? You couldn’t have seen it today because nothing happened.”

Archived