Would you like to be part of a fictional database?

So, I'm putting together an entirely fictional league structure, and to do so am in the process of creating players for the database. At the moment, I'm using random name generators to create these players, but I figured it might be a nice idea to open it up to see if anyone would be interested in becoming a part of the database themselves. All of the positions, ability levels etc. are being left blank to allow the game to generate them at game start, and (depending on numbers), I'll probably put any names added here into one random team. All of the teams are fictional and the league itself is self-contained, with few transfers in or out of it. Really, I'm just toying around with things to get myself a bit more familiar with the editor before FM15. Once I've filled out the squads, I'll put a release of the database out over at the Editors Hideaway. It's not the biggest or most exciting league structure, and the rest of the world has essentially been nuked, but I figure this is a nice little addition.

If you're interested, all I'm looking for really is a name, surname and date of birth (including year).

Cheers.

How is the DOB going to work for people too old to be pro footballers?

Feel free to put me in your game, Martin Isaac, but I'll fictionalise the date of birth, 24th June 1990.

Good question. I've got a cutoff point at 40 years old for players, but anyone older than that I can add as staff in the game- again, at the moment, the database is just a huge void in that area.

You know what would be even sweeter - although maybe not something that could realistically be put together in a balanced way? For all users who join in to jot down their own attributes, or how they would perceive themselves as footballers (for those of us who are, or have been, active in one way or another). I realize this would require a reference point for the attributes of course, and that would be the biggest hurdle, but if we could agree on something, it could be a lot of fun. I'd love to sit down and honestly try to summarize myself as a footballer.

We might end up with people overrating themselves (almost certainly) but if this was done as a gentleman's agreement to stay as true as possible, it could be a lot of fun, I know I'd enjoy rating my strengths and weaknesses at least. Just a thought.

Well, the idea of asking the community was inspired by Latimerinho's efforts in his "Become A Pro" thread, which is a similar concept to what you state. I have no idea whether there'll be another update released for that, though.

If I recreate this from scratch for FM15, I might make an effort to build it around the community a bit more and give people a bit more control over their characteristics, but for now I'm still learning the editing ropes and just trying things out.

Well, the idea of asking the community was inspired by Latimerinho's efforts in his "Become A Pro" thread, which is a similar concept to what you state. I have no idea whether there'll be another update released for that, though.

If I recreate this from scratch for FM15, I might make an effort to build it around the community a bit more and give people a bit more control over their characteristics, but for now I'm still learning the editing ropes and just trying things out.

Right, I figured something like that would have happened before. I'll check out his project, and I'll follow yours as well. Hope you do get something like that going for FM15 for sure.

Patrick Pain

18/08/1997

Can play WB R/L and AML/C

Prefered: Shadow Striker AMC or Inside Forward AML

Best Attributes (15+): Marking, Positioning, Flair

Worst Attributes: Heading, Crossing and Injury Prone

Overall: Good Mental, Bad Physical except agility and speed, vairied technical.

Mark Griffiths

31/5/1995

position - DMC/M C

Best attributes (15+) - tackling, strength, stamina, work rate

worst - flair, crossing, free kicks

overall: above average mental, good physical, average technical

Can I also have place of birth as Southampton? Cheers!

Sounds good, will just jump into my time machine and go back 20 years haha.

Gary Burns 12th March 1993

Born: Barrow-in-Furness, England

Nationality: English/Australian

Position: CD/DM

Height:182cm Weight: 88kg

Foot: Right

Mainly defensive attributes :)

Alaa Al-Rayash - September 13th, 1985

Nationality : Bahrain

Hight : 181cm Weight : 72kg

Position(s) : M/AM (RC)

Best attributes : Passing, crossing, teamwork, and set pieces.

Worst attributes : Stamina, strength, and determination.

Enjoy your database :)

Jonathan - May 23rd, 1990

Nationality : English

Place of Birth : Hereford

Height : 176cm Weight : 74kg

Position(s) : M/AM (R/L)

Best attributes : Passing, Crossing, Long Shots, and Set Pieces.

Worst attributes : Tackling, Heading, Penalty Taking and Jumping Reach.

I can do this too!

Name: Richard James

DOB: 05/10/91

English/Australian

5ft 8 - 10 stone

False 9 (I wish) - I can play a great pass and put the ball in the net but I cry in fear at the thought of ever tackling anybody ever. Also my penalties are pooooooor.

Ok, based on the terrific response from this, I've started from scratch and edited a new European league. It is a fictional ten-team league, with the winners going through to the various European cups. This means I'm looking for as many players as possible, so please, keep them coming. At the moment, we're up to about 25- ideally, I'll be looking at around 150.

I will randomly allocate people to teams within the league (including staff members), and will now accommodate as much or as little information as you give me. Height, weight, hometown, position- anything like that is welcome alongside your name and DOB.

I'm leaving PA and CA blank for everyone, but if you give me one or two strong attributes, I'll put them at 15, and if you give me three or four, I'll put them at 12. Otherwise, most other things will be left up to chance.

I'm putting together a database too, an exciting one, if you want in can you PM me all the above info including place of birth, but mine is way more in depth I will need a recent passport sized photo (you know for the player pics) plus your passport number and bank account details, sort code, acc number, long number across the front of your debit card, expiry date, issue number and/or start date and your 3-digit secuirty number please.

That is all, PM me now to ensure your place in the db !! :D

I've already done this in a save, however I was 15 years old with bags of potential (-10).

Rich Lowe

A silky smooth AMC :)

2nd Feb, 1996

English

Best Attributes: creativity - 15, passing - 12, Flair - 12, Technique - 12.

PPM: Looks for pass rather than scoring, plays 1-2s, gets forward whenever possible.

Cheers chap.

WaPtBzO.png

All up to this point are in the database with the details provided. Everyone's nationality is set as the new nation (Elizabeth), with your real nationality listed as a second one. This is due to the league's rules regarding foreigners which exist to prevent the squads becoming flooded with people from other countries. Where people haven't given me their nationalities, I've simply used their current club as their hometown.

Clubs are being assigned alphabetically in the order that people are signing up- the next person to sign up will go to Rosehall, then the next after that to South Grove and so on. The only exception will be if someone registers as a staff member for a club that already has a manager- I'll move them to the next club that doesn't have one.

staff member as well, as there are no women's leagues in FM :( I will forever not know what Abby Wambach's heading skill is...

Caitlin Johnson, July 15th 1991, (Portland, U.S.A.)

Someone did make an all-women's league database back in FM-13, don't think anyone's attempted one since then, although I'm sure with a monstrous amount of effort it's doable.

http://www.fmscout.com/a-womens-football-the-database-fm13.html

If I'm not too late to personalise my attributes etc (I'm Martin Isaac, the first player logged), then since I was mostly a deadly goal hanger at school I'd say

ST

Height 5'11'', weight 58kg

best attributes: finishing, acceleration, off the ball, anticipation

worst attributes: strength, jumping, heading, aggression

PPM: places shots

cheers

feel free to add me to this, looks quite good...

Jonny Hennel

Gk

height 6ft 2

weight 85kg

best attributes > shot stopping/reflexes, rushing out, eccentricity, determination

worst attributes > Aerial ability, jumping reach, strength, aggression

dob (fictional) 28/06/1985

Someone did make an all-women's league database back in FM-13, don't think anyone's attempted one since then, although I'm sure with a monstrous amount of effort it's doable.

http://www.fmscout.com/a-womens-football-the-database-fm13.html

In my first attempt at putting a fictional league together, I started by creating just female managers for all of the teams. Because the teams only had greyed-out players, it took the generated names for those players from the small database of female managers, meaning they were all female-named male players. It was definitely one for the bugs forum. :D

Martin- no problem, man, I'll update your details, thanks for coming back to the thread.

Everyone who's posted to this point is being added right this second. I'm still having a bit of an issue with player quality, as the attributes at the moment are generating very low, but I can't put my finger on why this is. I've given everyone a random PA between -6 and -10, but the CA still seems to be starting lower than I'd expected. Any suggestions?

To personalise my guy (Grant Sales)

D/WBR

Best attributes: Anticipation, Tackling, Aggression, Positioning

Worst attributes: Acceleration, Composure, Natural Fitness

Height: 5' 11", weight: 92kg

Place of Birth: Gillingham, Kent

PPM: Dives into tackles

To personalise my guy (Grant Sales)

D/WBR

Best attributes: Anticipation, Tackling, Aggression, Positioning

Worst attributes: Acceleration, Composure, Natural Fitness

Height: 5' 11", weight: 92kg

Place of Birth: Gillingham, Kent

PPM: Dives into tackles

Damn, another Gillingham guy? We just became the dominant real-life birthplace in this database. :D

Marc Sansum, June 22nd 19somethingsomething (do i really have to tell you how old i am? haha)

1976....so i guess i'll have to be staff member.........

If you could have a "younger" me.......I'd be a very short (low jumping, heading), whippet quick right-back/right side attacker, who's so right-footed his left leg is only there for standing on.

Cheers chap, good luck with the database!

Marc Sansum, June 22nd 19somethingsomething (do i really have to tell you how old i am? haha)

1976....so i guess i'll have to be staff member.........

If you could have a "younger" me.......I'd be a very short (low jumping, heading), whippet quick right-back/right side attacker, who's so right-footed his left leg is only there for standing on.

Cheers chap, good luck with the database!

If you wanted to be a father/son, by all means feel free- just give me a second name and DOB. I'm not restricting how many people anyone can register- the more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned. The sooner I can get enough names in the database, the better.

Archived