Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the first thing I noticed upon firing up the update is that I've lost a lot of Familiarity with my tactics..

I'm towards the end of the season, everything was fluid, now I have some bars at almost nothing and completely awkward..

What's up with that???

Fired-up a game...What's with the weird bubble writing for the names, looks blurry and tacky.

Goalkeepers still taking free kicks at the corner flag and kicking them in the center of the pitch for an opposing striker to score an open goal, the only difference now is that instead of scoring, they miss..

Problems replaced by problems

My team's tactical familiarity has plummeted since the update. Thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

EDIT - forgot to say that I'm really happy to see that the whole trying to win the corner off the defender thing has been cut down. Good work with that one. It was by far the most annoying problem I had.

Thanks for the patch SI. I'm really hoping the bug where a players attributes drops when they have a very very good month 'remarkable improvements' email is fixed in 14.2.0 I don't see it in the patch notes though :( It's stopping me playing the game at the moment... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378420-14.1.4-Training-Bug-Player-stats-drop

Why on earth are you posting this yet again. You've only just posted the same thing in the previous feedback forum. Its not really feedback is it if you haven't tested this in the latest release. :D

played one game

both teams played like barca.

shots finished 26-25, when my games have a usual shot count of less than half that

hopefully it's just a game.. will play a few more

To be fair, you should post feedback like this after a season or so, not a 'few' games.

Thanks for the patch SI. I'm really hoping the bug where a players attributes drops when they have a very very good month 'remarkable improvements' email is fixed in 14.2.0 I don't see it in the patch notes though :( It's stopping me playing the game at the moment... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378420-14.1.4-Training-Bug-Player-stats-drop

Why on earth are your posting this yet again. You've only just posted the same thing in the feedback forum. Its not really feedback is it if you haven't tested this in the latest release. :D

True, I'm trying to get attention for what I consider a serious problem as my main enjoyment from FM is developing young talents. That's why in this thread I'm asking if it's fixed as it isn't mentioned in the patch notes. Other bugs such as the tutoring cooldown time aren't mentioned in patch notes but have been confirmed as fixed above.

I posted in the 14.1.4 feedback thread this morning when I had no idea that 14.2 was being released.

But yeah maybe I'm spreading it around a bit too much, I'm just trying to get the feedback heard as I've been trying to get this bug fixed since 14.1.3 and it's doing my head in. I'll shut up about it now. Probably.

Just updated, quit the game to do so. Read on here that tactical familiarity has dropped for some people. It looks okay, exactly as it was before, all but tempo fluid, temp accomplished.

Click on my second tactic to see if that has changed.

As soon as I do the tactical familarlity drops dramatically for both my tactics. Closing down and passing are awkward, basically no bar. Marking has a bigger bar but is still awkward.

Seems like something has gone wrong. This is all I have done since loading the game after the update. I went straight to tactics to see if anything had changed. I guess I can reload the game again and not touch my tactics at see if the familiarity changes.

Just updated, quit the game to do so. Read on here that tactical familiarity has dropped for some people. It looks okay, exactly as it was before, all but tempo fluid, temp accomplished.

Click on my second tactic to see if that has changed.

As soon as I do the tactical familarlity drops dramatically for both my tactics. Closing down and passing are awkward, basically no bar. Marking has a bigger bar but is still awkward.

Seems like something has gone wrong. This is all I have done since loading the game after the update. I went straight to tactics to see if anything had changed. I guess I can reload the game again and not touch my tactics at see if the familiarity changes.

For everyone else with this issue, here's the bug report opened by Razerious: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378453-Reviewed-Losing-tactical-familiarity-as-soon-as-I-switch-tactic-(14.2)

Tony has already replied and they'll look into it (thank you Tony!), I'm not sure if they'll need more example save files but hey, you can just upload them until they beg you to stop :)

Nix - Best place to post the issue you mention in the bugs forum but after you have tested this against 14.2, the bugs forum will get the most attention. Do also upload relevant files/saves to the SI ftp to increase the chances of SI replicating and fixing.

Its great you've found this - just needs to go in the right place. I understand the frustration, I also have a few bug bears which aren't fixed for 14.2 :(

Hello,

1st time testing new patch, and i saw this:

kCJa4vE.jpg

Before the release of 14.2.0 i had the ttcs at something like 95%, than after decreases a lil' bit. No big deal, i guess it was just an improvement.

Later on ttcs screen:

mUaWESu.jpg

bIxjkxR.jpg

VERY LOW Pression on my 1st ttc, and LOW Marking on my other 2. Is it normal? Happens with all of you?

I appreciate an answer of SI "member". Tks

Nix - Best place to post the issue you mention in the bugs forum but after you have tested this against 14.2, the bugs forum will get the most attention. Do also upload relevant files/saves to the SI ftp to increase the chances of SI replicating and fixing

Yup thanks Pompey, though I've already been through this full process including detailed information, screenshots and uploading saves to FTP twice for both 14.1.3 and 14.1.4. I haven't yet had an acknowledgement that this is a recognised bug though which is why I posted here to try and get it recognised as such.

I'll do further testing tonight and make a third thread in the bugs forum for 14.2.0 if it's still an issue. Since it's not acknowledged in the patch notes I'm pessimistic though.

First match with new patch. Think I'm going to have to be reporting a few odd things...

1) Long throw to opposition seems to still be there (Doesn't seem to be as frequent though).

2) Seen my players dribble in inappropriate areas (Twice I had players dribble inside the opposition 6 yard box when they had an open goal! Scored from 1, got tackled on the other because they took so long.)

After the update I`m not able to select Non-negotiable in contract dealings and/or buying a player anymore? not at gamebreaker but it seems weird. Anyone else exp. this?

You mean click the lock button to advise the agent this element isn't negotiable? If so then no, you can still do this in 14.2

Is it just me or is it very difficult to get a player to sign a contract for a length that they don't want. Just negotiated 2 contracts (after the patch) and one youngester wouldn't have a 3 year contract instead of 4 (his contract expires at the end of the week) and new signing wouldn't accept a contract with 5 years rather than 4 (even offered a 8K more for the extra year)

Disclaimer: I'm at work, haven't tried the update yet.

Question--it looks like that tactic bug pretty much ruins the game since you can't even achieve tactic fluency? Does this mean I should stay away from updating?

Has anyone been playing long enough to see if the fluency doesn't return?

One annoying thing with these updates is that i always have to customise my views from scratch every time.

When i try to import my exported views they're always invalid. after an update.

Fairly tiresome doing that after every update.

Disclaimer: I'm at work, haven't tried the update yet.

Question--it looks like that tactic bug pretty much ruins the game since you can't even achieve tactic fluency? Does this mean I should stay away from updating?

Its pretty bonkers making a comment that an issue could ruin a game that you've not even seen - pointless putting a disclaimer

Its a bit scaremongering don't you think :D

Its pretty bonkers making a comment that an issue could ruin a game that you've not even seen - pointless point the disclaimer

Its a bit scaremongering don't you think :D

Jesus Christ, you can't say ANYTHING these days.

Fine, thanks. I'll wait until tonight and see for myself. Sorry I wasted precious internet.

I thought the problem was that it resets every time you change tactics in the panel?

Nope: when you do that first time after updating some familiarity aspects take a dip. They then start growing again and aren't reset with further switching, at least not in my experience so far.

There seems to be a bug with Wingbacks in the game. Happened 2 times in 2 Matches that my left wingback cut inside the penalty area, run without being stopped by anone then shoots against the goalkeeper and it reflects into the net. Exactly the same goal 2 times in a row.

There seems to be a bug with Wingbacks in the game. Happened 2 times in 2 Matches that my left wingback cut inside the penalty area, run without being stopped by anone then shoots against the goalkeeper and it reflects into the net. Exactly the same goal 2 times in a row.

Keep an eye on it and see if it persists.

Two games is a tiny sample so is unlikely to be representative of player behaviour as a whole.

RE: the tactical familiarity; this is due to fixes to the calculations for the tactical training. With some old games switching tactics around may cause an initial drop due to the new way the tactics are calculated into training, but it should be fine and develop correctly after that. It was actually bugged before, but wasn't visible.

This won't affect all continued saves, and won't affect new saves created in 14.2.0 at all. Hope that lends some clarity. Riz - who codes this area - has also responded in the bug thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378453.

There seems to have been a change with the dark skin.

On many screen the screen has become transparent, showing a stadium pic in the background. However, the font is displayed in white on such background, making it irredible :thdn:

Affects player report screen and player search screen inter alia.

Anyone else having this issue?

• SI Staff

Like I posted in the bug thread, we fixed some issues with how the different tactical settings are tracked in the tactical training. Naturally this means that in old saves where the tactical settings were differentiated a bit differently, the familiarity can take an initial dip when you switch tactics around after the update.

This will not affect new games and in old saves the familiarity will be regained over time again.

There seems to have been a change with the dark skin.

On many screen the screen has become transparent, showing a stadium pic in the background. However, the font is displayed in white on such background, making it irredible :thdn:

Affects player report screen and player search screen inter alia.

Anyone else having this issue?

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Always a good idea to do this when an update is released.

EDIT - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Archived