Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no idea if this is specific to the latest patch as I only started playing a week ago but, the general level of ball control is terrible. I play with Spurs and have Luke Shaw at left back and Kyle Walker at right back. The amount of times Lloris throws the ball directly to their feet, only for the ball to bounce off them straight to the opposition is getting beyond belief. I have Lewandowski as well and he is constantly struggling to control the ball. Lamela just received a simple pass from about 10 feet away and the ball just bounced off him in to touch. These aren't bad players.

I've no idea if this is specific to the latest patch as I only started playing a week ago but, the general level of ball control is terrible. I play with Spurs and have Luke Shaw at left back and Kyle Walker at right back. The amount of times Lloris throws the ball directly to their feet, only for the ball to bounce off them straight to the opposition is getting beyond belief. I have Lewandowski as well and he is constantly struggling to control the ball. Lamela just received a simple pass from about 10 feet away and the ball just bounced off him in to touch. These aren't bad players.

Dodgy first touch is a known issue, and is being worked on.

Decent post BenSammy. I realised last night that it is utterly irrelevant who I play at full back, because they will make the same mistakes regardless.

One thing that irks me (this isn't a big point) is the way the board gets all moody when you sign a player from your rivals.

Does anyone get clubs bidding for YOUR players that are NOT on the transfer list? This was an issue in FM13 and I still don't see trams bidding for my top players.

I get bids for players who are not on the list. Usually an enquiry, I tell them to go away, and then a bid follows.

Because I want to start a new career without bugs in the match engine, I'm looking forward to the new fix

You ask the very same question on an almost daily basis and you get the same answer on an equally regular basis. If you are waiting for a version of the ME without any bugs before starting a career save then you will be waiting for the rest of your life.

I'd be surprised if there is a new version of the ME released before the middle of Feb. However since no no-one knows what the issue is that you want fixed perhaps you'll never get a fix

Does anyone get clubs bidding for YOUR players that are NOT on the transfer list? This was an issue in FM13 and I still don't see trams bidding for my top players.

I get bids quite often. I struggle to sell transfer listed players sometimes, but my top players are always in demand.

Every game my striker plays and doesnt score, I get a press conference question stating this is "Another game where ... has failed to score", even if he scores the week before. Then when he scores, I get a question asking about him ending his drought.

Yeah i noticed this a lot with Lewandowski in my Arsenal save. The moment he didn't score the press seem to jump all over him. Not sure whether it was because he was a big money signing or what, but it definitely happened far too much.

If i remember rightly, he scored a hat trick in a midweek game and then didn't score on the Saturday and the press were all over him, saying it was another game he had failed to score and his drought continued.

Dodgy first touch is a known issue, and is being worked on.

Good to know but just a quick question...is it a difficult fix as its been there since last year...similar to the 'slideyness' of the players...are they both difficult fixes ?

Good to know but just a quick question...is it a difficult fix as its been there since last year...similar to the 'slideyness' of the players...are they both difficult fixes ?

I think you'll find, if you look closely, that the pitch is indeed ice and the players are professional speed skaters. I think that's where the animator got his ideas from whilst watching the last Winter Olympics for player movement.

I sincerely hope it gets sorted and as you probably hope, it's an easy fix.

Complaint:

Players that either a) want more game time b) just arrived back from a loan just a couple of days after season finishes demanding a meeting to ask to be sent out on loan or be sold immediately unless they get more game time asap.

Plus a more vague request, can there be an option that says players where football boots instead of ice skates. since the update i have player on same team making a forward run and cris-crossing each other and losing ball behind them, tackling then standing completely still until the tackled player reclaims ball, just the general lack of control of players seemed to have gone weird since the 14.2 update. Make your players waiting on the halfway line when you've got a corner wake up too. If a corner is cleared towards the centre of pitch, my two players staying back watch the ball but never move and a player breaking from the penalty area gets there first then my defenders seem to wait until the players passes them then runs.

Not a clue, I'm just a humble mod :)

The issue with the first touch is a new one as far as I know.

This issue was introduced before xmas. There's an issue with first touch both in terms of very poor first touch and also the incredible and unlikely expertfirst touch control.

Same with the number of corners incompleting due to be aimed behind the goal. Its not in proportion to real life

After another few hours playing it -

- Strikers rarely score any more

- As mentioned above, get constant questions regarding strikers last goal

- Control of players is terrible

- Attacking midfielders scoring a lot more

- When I get a free kick about 40 yards out wide, and everyone is piled in the box, whoever's taking it will play it short, or play it back to whoever is staying back

- Loads of own goals

- Opposition score nearly every corner, while mine constantly get headered miles wide, even when the player regularly scored before

Amazing how much stuff there is wrong AFTER a patch. 4 months after release and it's still not working correctly, absolutely mental. The only business in the world where you could release a product and still have it not working correctly months later and get away with it.

After another few hours playing it -

- Strikers rarely score any more

- As mentioned above, get constant questions regarding strikers last goal

- Control of players is terrible

- Attacking midfielders scoring a lot more

- When I get a free kick about 40 yards out wide, and everyone is piled in the box, whoever's taking it will play it short, or play it back to whoever is staying back

- Loads of own goals

- Opposition score nearly every corner, while mine constantly get headered miles wide, even when the player regularly scored before

Amazing how much stuff there is wrong AFTER a patch. 4 months after release and it's still not working correctly, absolutely mental. The only business in the world where you could release a product and still have it not working correctly months later and get away with it.

From your complaints, I'd say it's your...

th?id=H.4757708305598240&pid=1.7

These Steam histories have been circulated before, and absolutely do not mean that an update is pending.

There can be all manner of reasons behind that Steam record update.

If it did mean anything, we'd have had updates 6 days ago, 9 days ago, 11 days ago, 12 days ago.....

Please do not try and jump the gun. An update will be announced when it is available.

At least, could you tell us if a patch is planned from now and the feb/march data update patch? just wondring like many of us just to know if its worth to start a career game now or wait a bit...

cheers

At least, could you tell us if a patch is planned from now and the feb/march data update patch? just wondring like many of us just to know if its worth to start a career game now or wait a bit...

cheers

As has been stated more times than I've had hot dinners, nobody knows when an update will be released.

Not even the developers know until shortly before it goes live, such is the turnaround between sign-off of testing and an update being pushed live.

As has been stated more times than I've had hot dinners, nobody knows when an update will be released.

Not even the developers know until shortly before it goes live, such is the turnaround between sign-off of testing and an update being pushed live.

So you've only had about 2000 hot dinners in your life? Do you like salad?

This makes me very happy, this would take away a bit part of my beef with the new update :-)

It doesn't mean necessarily it will be fixed for FM14 even if its being looked at. At some point SI will move on to the ME for FM15

cheers

There is nothing stopping you from starting a career game now; many people are happy running them. You will be waiting a long time if you are going to wait until the ME has all bugs removed before starting a career game.

If you are a regular here then you will know the process.

Don't buy it next year then. Vote with your wallet. If you really think there's so much wrong with the gam, then just simply invest your money elsewhere next time.

If I was buying a sub-standard product that I felt was still sub standard - or worse - months after I'd paid for it, I'd be writing a strongly worded complaint letter to the manufacturers, rather than just ranting on a forum. Most SI staff don't even look at this thread. In fact this is really little more than a 'keep all the moans in one place' thread. At least the Dugout website is honest enough to call theirs a 'moaning' thread.

Oh, and it's your tactics :p

Don't buy it next year then. Vote with your wallet. If you really think there's so much wrong with the gam, then just simply invest your money elsewhere next time.

If I was buying a sub-standard product that I felt was still sub standard - or worse - months after I'd paid for it, I'd be writing a strongly worded complaint letter to the manufacturers, rather than just ranting on a forum. Most SI staff don't even look at this thread. In fact this is really little more than a 'keep all the moans in one place' thread. At least the Dugout website is honest enough to call theirs a 'moaning' thread.

Oh, and it's your tactics :p

This is surely a case where you're just taking the **** right?

This is surely a case where you're just taking the **** right?

Seems pretty logical to me. You buy something you think doesn't work - you either take it back or write to the manufacturers to complain.

If you bought a Civic car (sorry Kriss) and it didn't work, would you take it back or post about it on the Honda website?

Good words. What we do have here is a bugs a forum.

If you think you have a bug log it and support it with evidence. No issue will get looked at let alone resolved if its not raised in the bugs forum. Its the bugs forum that will be monitored by the SI team for obvious reasons

In terms of the posts about 2000 hot dinners...you do know the mods only get bread and water don't you. They do do this job as a punishment.....who on earth would volunteer to mod a complaints forum for free :D

Well said, if i buy anything that i felt didnt work after, despite it being upgraded i would be off, i wouldnt come back each year and make the same complaint again. Thankfully its never come to that with FM, yet, it has done with several other games. I would never buy a Call of Duty game again, same for anything made by Bungie.

Seems pretty logical to me. You buy something you think doesn't work - you either take it back or write to the manufacturers to complain.

If you bought a Civic car (sorry Kriss) and it didn't work, would you take it back or post about it on the Honda website?

so help me undertsand this fully, are you saying my vehicle will not get fixed if I post here complaining my vehicle isn't working in my opinion. In addition it still wont get fixed if I post here asking when it will get fixed and that even if I say I wont drive it because I think you might fix it soon...even if I ask for it to be fixed each day ? I suppose I'd expect you tell me this about 1,000 times before I finally understand :D

I mean, it's a feedback thread, so feedback should clearly be encouraged. It's when posters add the little paragraph at the end about their disbelief at a broken product still not fixed after months that's unnecessary. I just don't understand how someone can continue to buy a game they feel never works. Wouldn't be me, that's for sure.

Nice one, glad I'll be able to fix it.

- How do you get your player to fire a ball into the box from free kicks, while using the same formation and instructions that worked before the patch?

- How do I get my striker to stop firing wide, fluffing chances, refusing to shoot, or miscontroling balls he used to take with ease, while using the same formation and instructions that worked before the patch?

Those 2 would be good to start with.

I'm sitting here playing FM right now and feel like I'm wasting my time.

Started one with Man City and 4 games in I have witnessed keepers on both sides making HUGE mistakes which lead to goals. Sadly Joe Hart has been an absolute ****** at times and given the ball away 4/5 times in these games. It doesn't help when the defenders boot it back to him though!

I really can't be bothered uploading these goals (yes call me lazy) because many people have done so already and I can't believe after installing this new patch it has made the game worse. I'm going to play a few more games now and I'll be back to let you know if any other crazy annoying crap happens.

so help me undertsand this fully, are you saying my vehicle will not get fixed if I post here complaining my vehicle isn't working in my opinion. In addition it still wont get fixed if I post here asking when it will get fixed and that even if I say I wont drive it because I think you might fix it soon...even if I ask for it to be fixed each day ? I suppose I'd expect you tell me this about 1,000 times before I finally understand :D

I'm pleased to see other people using the 'car analogy' to compare how disappointed we would be if... I used it once about two years ago and got slated for it.

Thing is, his 'Honda' is very unlikely to be sold to him with so many faults as all cars undergo a rigorous testing before being released to the public. Of course once in a blue moon cars will be recalled because of some unforeseen problem that is accruing with some,not always all models. Now, Honda would take his car away and fix it and when he got it back it would be as good as new, it would not go away to be fixed and come back with even more faults than it had in the first place.

People are complaining about this game, nothing to do with previous releases. So the "continue" to buy argument is out.

How can a patch meant to fix something ruin other aspects, isnt it tested? or are we just the paying testers, who report bugs but then get slated when you complain that something you've bought doesnt work correctly?

People are complaining about this game, nothing to do with previous releases. So the "continue" to buy argument is out.

How can a patch meant to fix something ruin other aspects, isnt it tested? or are we just the paying testers, who report bugs but then get slated when you complain that something you've bought doesnt work correctly?

File this under "doesn't quite understand the development process of FM", sub-heading "unrealistic expectations"

File this under "doesn't quite understand the development process of FM", sub-heading "unrealistic expectations"

Sorry, don't agree. All we were expecting is what was advertised and to be fair, in it's present state this game falls well below expectations of what we were lead to believe.

But you never said this in your post, you can't add something afterwards, then make out I was wrong in saying what I said.

i disagree. your answer suggested that something like that would happen in every day football, therefore meaning that the game is realistic, then i give another example to prove that it's nothing like that

and i didn't mean to offend you.i actually didn't think of it as a direct answer to your question, just a further example after your follow-up.

I agree with this 100%, how much longer you can wait to play normally

Twice in the last three games my goalie has conceded while backing up or falling into the net. Also still seeing an obscene amount of own goals. This just isn't right, folks. Slipping farther away from realism every day.

Archived