Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god, patch deployed just as I'm about to hit the critical last few matches of the season in a tight battle for the Premiership. :D Crossing my fingers that my tactics still work. Cheers SI, will report later with feedback (aka moaning :D ) once I've done a decent amount of matches.

Also, after a few matches, my thoughts:

1. Processing on match-day and otherwise is quicker, somehow. I don't know how, but... Nice.

2. Waaaay less shots and waaaaay more ball retention, including some passing inside the opposing penalty area instead of blasting the ball into orbit pointlessly. Much more in line with my tactical setup. Huzzah!

3. Ratings seem better, although a little lower for my fullbacks. Probably this is because they were tweaked prior to the update and need re-tweaking in terms of instructions.

4. My centrebacks pressed WAY too much. Previously with both set to close down, what would happen is one would press and the other would cover, but now both charge willy-nilly after the player with the ball. Fixed it with instructions, so no problem, but an interesting change.

5. I actually saw a couple of near-post crosses to my 5'5" striker of speedy doom, which is fantastic. Previously they were refusing to cross to him at all.

6. Match graphics are a little jerkier than they were.

7. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Point 4 would actually be a fix, not only a change. If you set both to close down, they will close down. That's what you told them to do.

And i see you still haven't corrected the portuguese promotion/relegations rules for the premier league and second league.

I'm pretty sure I've seen an official reply from SI somewhere that currently they can't do this because it would mean automatically promoting Boavista, which is a complicated feature that the game isn't capable of at the moment (what would happen if you manage Boavista regarding expectations? etc). So I wouldn't expect a fix at all.

In Football scorelines determine the result of a game. The result is the ultimate point of the game, to get the result... to get points. I appreciate the effort that has gone into the patch, but why oh why hasn't the Full match sim engine and the quick match sim been rectified? The high scorelines are a pain for someone who loves defence. Even if it's happening to other teams in the league!

Yeah is an issue we're aware of. Problem with changing this area means it has quite a lot of knock ons (for crosses, chances created from crosses, corners etc), basically all the C's. But yes, it's something we're aware of and looking into. Thanks.

So this hasn't been fixed? For me this is the main thing I was waiting on and the near post bug. Very disappointed if its not been tweaked at all.

• Administrators
So this hasn't been fixed? For me this is the main thing I was waiting on and the near post bug. Very disappointed if its not been tweaked at all.

I'm honestly surprised that anyone would state the players trying to win corners/goal kicks by flicking it off other players is one of the two biggest issues that were in the game. But yeah, it's something we're aware of as said.

Would you mind posting about it in the tactics forum as well, please? See if we can work out if there's a particular tactical influence to it.

I am using a tactic created by someone else on fm-base. What is the best way to raise that in the tactics forum? Should i have a link in the post (to the tactic on fm-base) identifying the tactic that I used during these matches?

• Administrators
I am using a tactic created by someone else on fm-base. What is the best way to raise that in the tactics forum? Should i have a link in the post (to the tactic on fm-base) identifying the tactic that I used during these matches?

Best to post the issue on the forum and either link to the post or upload the tactic to the FTP and let us know. Thanks.

My flat 3-5-2 which was doing decently and now with this patch, it has been doing great so far so I guess I like this patch :D . Although I've had 3 red cards (two yellows) in 5 games so far but it could be due to my tactics using hassle opponents. Shall continue and see how it goes

I love the new patch. I am still tweaking my tactics but you can see a big deference well done guys. I can really understand my tactics more. I'm playing lower leagues and my MC are trying killer balls like they suppose to. defence is solid. But fullbacks ratting are still low

I'm honestly surprised that anyone would state the players trying to win corners/goal kicks by flicking it off other players is one of the two biggest issues that were in the game. But yeah, it's something we're aware of as said.

Are you kidding me? It happens to me at least 2/3 times most games and thats on extensive highlights (I think thats what its called) I would hate to see how many times it would happen on full match. Thanks for all the other changes its just this is one of my biggest bug bears

I have a player with a minimum fee release clause on 7.5 million DKK, but have received offers above that. How come the offers are not accepted automatically, and that I am able to refuse the offers?

Is the minimum fee clause specific to certain types of teams or bids?

Best to post the issue on the forum and either link to the post or upload the tactic to the FTP and let us know. Thanks.

I have created two threads (same name) in the Bugs and tactics forum called [14.1.4] 4 red cards in 5 games since update

Thanks for the quick responses.

• Administrators
Not "on holiday", using Instant Result in FMC mode actually (you know that thing SI have been heavily promoting, and a feature Miles waxed lyrical about in the pre release vids). Also an issue SI claimed to have fixed 2 updates ago (but it wasn't fixed). As a moderator maybe you should not make assumptions about how people play the game. To be fair, and the point you probably attemped to make, my way of playing the game, is a minority way - I know and do appreciate that but it still stinks in my opinion.

It wasn't possible to include in the update I'm afraid. Rest assured it is something we are well aware of and want to make sure it's fixed before putting it into an update. We understand it is frustrating but for now, you can use custom match plans with subsitution rule ticked. Sorry this is causing inconvenience for you.

The passing seems much better. Pre-patch I just couldn't stand watching my games, the passing (decisions and player movement) just didn't look and feel right somehow.

Also the strikers aren't useless anymore, Suarez scored 5 in 4 games after the update, in 14.1.3 he managed 10 in 35.

It wasn't possible to include in the update I'm afraid. Rest assured it is something we are well aware of and want to make sure it's fixed before putting it into an update. We understand it is frustrating but for now, you can use custom match plans with subsitution rule ticked. Sorry this is causing inconvenience for you.

Hi Lucas. Just to clarify this for me: Substitutions on default template FMC Match Plans don't work, and are in the process of being fixed.

However, if we create a custom Match Plan which includes a substitution rule, there is no issue?

Is the minimum fee clause specific to certain types of teams or bids?

No, i dont think so. But it is not teams from same league/country that bids on him. So the bids should be accepted as far as I know..

Can it have anything to do with, that the offers also include payment over several months..?

Are you kidding me? It happens to me at least 2/3 times most games and thats on extensive highlights (I think thats what its called) I would hate to see how many times it would happen on full match. Thanks for all the other changes its just this is one of my biggest bug bears

And I mean the blatant awful ones when they can easily cut the ball back or cross it

Lucas thank you very much for your reply. I am certain FM14 will at some point be the best version of the game to date. The main point of my frustration is that whilst I can understand how ME issues can be so very complex the solution can take a lot of time & work to fix I do feel this particular issue should have been much easier to fix but do appreciate it is not such a critical problem to the fanbase as a whole. Having been told once it was fixed when it wasn't just lost me a little bit of faith in SI but your reassuring tone goes a long way to repairing that.

A lot of changes have been removed from a big editor file that I made since the update.

When i open the edited data with the editor, teams that i created are no longer there.

Is there a way to save what i've done or is it lost ? :(

I had the similar problem on 14.1.4.

But with me, all the created teams disappeard from the leagues. The teams were there in the database, just had to assign them to their leagues again.

• Administrators
Hi Lucas. Just to clarify this for me: Substitutions on default template FMC Match Plans don't work, and are in the process of being fixed.

However, if we create a custom Match Plan which includes a substitution rule, there is no issue?

They will work with custom match plans, yes.

Sorry to say this, but seems like very few things are changed.

I admit that ME seems slightly better, and that i'm not a tactic monster.

But come on, now i've played 6 games: 3-1, 3-3, 1-2, 1-3, 4-2 and finally 3-2.

Is there a possibility to see a match with a draw? Or with a keeper clean (not mine, one keeper random)?

Really...i don't know what to do.

• Administrators
Lucas thank you very much for your reply. I am certain FM14 will at some point be the best version of the game to date. The main point of my frustration is that whilst I can understand how ME issues can be so very complex the solution can take a lot of time & work to fix I do feel this particular issue should have been much easier to fix but do appreciate it is not such a critical problem to the fanbase as a whole. Having been told once it was fixed when it wasn't just lost me a little bit of faith in SI but your reassuring tone goes a long way to repairing that.
Unfortunately, it's not always straight forward to sort out. There can be knockons (which was the case) and the logic might not be behaving as well as it should be with regards to when the assistant is making subsitutions. Which is the case with the match plans but with a custom one (for best results use scenarios that "Allow Subsitutions"), the subsitutions will work. if you have any specific examples, please let me know in the FMC bugs forum, preferably with a save game before a match with example screenshot of what happens in your case.

You can find the FMC bugs forum here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/373-FMC-Gameplay-Issues

• Administrators
So to further clarify, the issue is with the Ass Man making decisions rather than carrying out instructions?

It's a combination of that and the match plans. The logic for the subsitutions should work differently depending on what kind of match it is and the specific situation, which we are working on internally to resolve for a forthcoming update. There is no timeframe on that I'm afraid though.

Unfortunately, it's not always straight forward to sort out. There can be knockons (which was the case) and the logic might not be behaving as well as it should be with regards to when the assistant is making subsitutions. Which is the case with the match plans but with a custom one (for best results use scenarios that "Allow Subsitutions"), the subsitutions will work. if you have any specific examples, please let me know in the FMC bugs forum, preferably with a save game before a match with example screenshot of what happens in your case.

You can find the FMC bugs forum here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/373-FMC-Gameplay-Issues

Thanks, sounds like I have some Match Plans learning to do!. Its a pity there is no guide to help, the only match plans I have made have been very neutral.

So to answer my own question just played 1 round of League games, that's 12 games in all:

5 teams scored 4 or more goals (Jeez!)

My Ass Man made no subs!

Really pathetic stuff guys! :-(

One round of matches isn't a great sample size. To counter your observation, in one round of league matches post patch the biggest score was a single 3-2, followed by a single 3-1, and a single 2-1. Rest of the games were 2-0 and 1-0 (no draws in the round). Can't speak to the subs from A-man tho!

Archived