Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone had it where the keeper tries to dive on the ball and completely misses allowing the striker to hit the ball in to an empty net? twice in 2 different saved games (new update)

That happened to the team I was playing, but it was Joe Hart, so I didn't think it was a bug.

Defending is infuriating me. Doesnt seem like I have enough control of what I want my central defenders to do. Seem to always start out of position and I lose goals because of it.

2s162w9.png

Above, (im yellow). No 22 allowing the attacker to stand goal side, then you have 18, 4 and 8 holding hands. The throw in was taken and thrown straight over 12 and 18's head and 17 ran onto it and scored. Surely to god 17 should have a defender goal side?

Another

ifcsnm.png

Here we have a free kick that is launched over the top of my No6 and their No15 runs onto and scores. No matter what tactics you have set this is shocking marking. No6 should be goal side of 15. The to make it worse we have my 15 at the top being worse than useless marking no one then 21 and 14 marking (in the loosest term) their No9.

All over that picture it looks bad and that should be nothing to do with tactic set up. Surely basic football principles means that my No6 should be marking their 15.

I could probably go through a pile more goals (that are lost straight from dead balls). It seems that the basic set up is way off for these things, its nothing to do with tactics surely??

These things are starting to annoy me as it seems there is zero control over these.

Another customer down the drain after another potentially great edition of FM has been let down massively by a match engine that should never of been released. It's better at 14.1.4 stage than it was at 14.1.3 but the people who made it must be deluded to think it represents real life football. How they can take money for it is beyond belief but I understand that sub standard releases have become the norm for quite a while now and they still sell plenty of games so why not. It's a shame that something so poor is still so addictive. A few of the ME problems:

1.) Players don't tackle when they should

2.) Central Defenders don't do anything except chase back once strikers are already past them.

3.) Lobbed goals all over the place. Everyone is Dennis Bergkamp.

4.) Free kick always being taken directly at goal and just missing over the top.

5.) Cross Bar being hit over and over again.

6.) Too many red cards

7.) Players just watching the ball while someone further away runs to it instead.

8.) Goal mouth scrambles where players don't actually react to the ball and stand there watching it when they could clear it or tap it in.

And this isn't a Beta, it's a release that has been patched 3 times.

It doesn't matter how anyone on these forums justify it, "it's your tactics or it's still being worked on or it's only ever good after the Feb update".

It's just a poor game, and a waste of my money.

And I hate that I have to say this but I was doing alright in my game and it isn't just cos I was losing that I am having a rant. The game isn't fun to win or lose on because it is crap.

I can't get my head around how each time FM comes out, the Match Engine goes back to such poor standards after the previous years version was eventually at a good level of performance. I understand why it is like this, which is because it simply is how thing evolve if you want to make it better. But it shouldn't be realeased until it is better! Not while it is still being developed. I think the key for SI is to top yearly releases because they can't manage it.

Goodbye

I am starting to notice alot of weird Offside rulings after patch 14.1.4...

I mean, why can an attacker be called offside, when several defenders are ahead of him when he gets passed the ball?

Much improved ME. I can clearly see the benefits and negatives of every tactical decision I make, particularly pleased there are less shots and more varied matches. Now the best teams in the division can lose games not simply because they had 35 shots and the other team had 1, occasionally a team with a good approach can dominate them depending on tiredness.

My only thing would be there are still a little too many woodwork shots. Apart from that there are still a few weird kick off/ GK animations but on the whole all those little bugs have gone.

I have to agree with the others, since the update I struggled but visited the tactics forum and read the pairs/combinations threads and since then have massively improved! Now fully enjoying the game thanks PaulC and all at SI

Am I the only one seeing condition dropping rapidly? Defenders occassionally ending with 68% condition now from 100 at start. Not playing a pressing game either.

I haven't noticed, but is there maybe a reason for the condition drop? What is their distance covered compared to the other players? That's the only thing I can think of why their condition would drop so low.

I am a yearly buyer, but I am afraid this is going to be my last purchase. The reason for this is that I am fed up of buying sub standard 'finished' games. How on earth can a game not be ready on release? It happens every year, but this does seem to be the worst of the lot.

This is just an idea. Instead of bringing a new game out each year, why not improve the match engine over the next year and then bring a new game out for 2015/2016. People will still play this game, if you provide updates of the transfers next year. Then you will see even greater sales on this release. Can't improve every year, then don't!

Another customer down the drain after another potentially great edition of FM has been let down massively by a match engine that should never of been released. It's better at 14.1.4 stage than it was at 14.1.3 but the people who made it must be deluded to think it represents real life football. How they can take money for it is beyond belief but I understand that sub standard releases have become the norm for quite a while now and they still sell plenty of games so why not. It's a shame that something so poor is still so addictive. A few of the ME problems:

2.) Central Defenders don't do anything except chase back once strikers are already past them.

4.) Free kick always being taken directly at goal and just missing over the top.

6.) Too many red cards

7.) Players just watching the ball while someone further away runs to it instead.

8.) Goal mouth scrambles where players don't actually react to the ball and stand there watching it when they could clear it or tap it in.

And this isn't a Beta, it's a release that has been patched 3 times.

It doesn't matter how anyone on these forums justify it, "it's your tactics or it's still being worked on or it's only ever good after the Feb update".

It's just a poor game, and a waste of my money.

And I hate that I have to say this but I was doing alright in my game and it isn't just cos I was losing that I am having a rant. The game isn't fun to win or lose on because it is crap.

I can't get my head around how each time FM comes out, the Match Engine goes back to such poor standards after the previous years version was eventually at a good level of performance. I understand why it is like this, which is because it simply is how thing evolve if you want to make it better. But it shouldn't be realeased until it is better! Not while it is still being developed. I think the key for SI is to top yearly releases because they can't manage it.

Goodbye

QFT. Bought and played it since CM01 but I will not buy fm15 anymore. Pathetic. And those mods here behave like Nazareth himself. Good customer service!

The ME cleary doesn't simulate real life football. Chesterfield playing like Barca, chipped goals all over the place. Fullbacks still marking air. It's dissapointing. Only good thing is the UI

These things are starting to annoy me as it seems there is zero control over these.

I have this also at times but again, how do you explain that so many people have clean sheets, i see people in the tactics forum with 1 goal conceded evry 8 games, others with 9 or 7 conceded the whole season. So its obviously possible to get control with a proper tactic.

6.) Too many red cards

1) Yes they do.

2) I agree that Central defenders need improvement. They are closing down too much sometimes. Should be reviewed by SI and i hope it is because this was seen by many people now. But again, many people get them to work properly, so you can do something against it.

3) Minor bug and im sure it will be fixed soon.

4) Not in my experience.

5) Minor thing, will be fixed soon.

6) Minor thing, will be fixed soon.

7) see point 4

8) see point 4.

So the only thing i agree are the central defenders closing down too much and losing their opponents. Everything else is minor for me and most of it already reviewed by SI and fixed soon. I was moaning myself before the update but the update is a massive improvement and no FM in the history was so good at the end of November. Its perfectly playable.Tbh, some people seem to moan just to moan.

And no, a,lower league team is not playing like Barca. I see massiv difference in player abilities on the pitch. I seriously dont know how you can not see this?

The game is perfectly playable. There are still annoyances, like wingers becoming ineffective near the byline, too many red cards, lobbed goals, etc, but none of these issues are game breaking. Not nearly. It's perfectly possble to implement a brand of football and generally get the results you deserve with the football you want to see, provided you put in the effort and actually sit down and think about things. Of course you will still see players making mistakes and playing poorly. The day you can't moan about your players anymore is the day this game has really failed as a simulation. That said, there are legitemate issues in the ME, but if you go over to the bugs forum you'll see SI have acknowledged those issues and are reviewing them. So any claims that SI don't listen and behave arrogantly are simply rubbish. They will never react to fair criticism in a bad way, but some of the posts they have to deal with, well...

It may have already been discussed, but since the update i must hit the woodwork at least twice a match.

Yes its already stated at the first page from SI that it will be fixed in the next update.

Lets be serious here, if the woodwork thing is the most discussed problem here (apart from central defenders and slightly too many red cards), for me this is prove how good the ME actually is since the update.

I'd just like to say I'm finding the game far better since update. Only thing I've noticed is the woodwork issue and as a Liverpool fan I know it's possible!

Good work SI, match engine running a lot better.. Haven't seen the ridiculous full back running alongside the winger doing nothing since update which is good!

Player ratings seem quite harsh still but not to the point they are affecting the game.. overall good work! a few little tweaks now and it's near perfect.

Hopefully they will look at transfer (selling) for next update.. I refuse to believe no-one would want george boyd on free transfer from hull, surely someone would snap him up?

I see this 'lobbed goals' issue, if you can call it an 'issue' is our first snowball effect rant of the latest update. Seriously, there's nothing to see here.

The amount of shots that hit the post/bar has always been on the high side, and not just on this game. In most versions of the game, this stat has generally been higher than in real life. Besides, a shot hitting the bar or post is quite an exciting event in game, so I for one am non-plussed whether it's slightly higher than in real life.

People moan about the game not looking like 'real football'. I can assure you that if it did, there would be thousands more complaints than there is now. I sometimes wonder if people have actually watched a game of football outwith snippets of highlights on MOTD.

The game as it is right now is in excellent shape. Miles better than what FM13 was at this stage last year - and that in itself was a top notch effort.

Play the game, enjoy it, and stop spending your entire gamplay experience looking for issues that possibly don't even exist. You'll have a better experience that way, trust me. And remember, this isn't FIFA, you DON'T have full control of the players on the pitch, that's the beauty of a management sim. The frustration of watching your players do the opposite of what you tell them is part and parcel of football management.

Rant over. Ah, that feels better. :D

Players are still ******** sometimes at the kick-off. Just standing there after they receive the ball, instead of passing the ball to their defense they wait til somebody from the opposition comes and takes it.

Shots at target are a lot more realistic, good job on that. Keepers no longer automatically catch every shot at their goal. Free kicks pose an actual threat now, its no longer the miracle happening once every season. Defenders actually defend once in a while which is a welcome change and negates the keepers being worse, but adds more realism. Although sometimes the opposition is still just passing it around on my own half like Barca used to do in their good days, and theres absolutely nothing my players can do but wait until they finally take a shot at goal. Frustrating but realistic I guess.

I don't know if this is the right spot, but after the update my attacking and defending corners have gone belly up. Players simply do not take the positions I tell them to, and I can hardly imagine that due to the lack of familiarity with my tactics a player goes and stands on the edge of the penalty area while I clearly instructed him to challenge the keeper.

Left backs and right backs swap their attacking corner instructions as well, but when I am cheeky and swap their instructions, trying to exploit the obvious bug that this is, they do the same.

Also, ass man moans that I have multiple players set up at the posts when defending a corner. Ehm no I don't.

You know, I was so excited when they finally decided to get rid of the sliders, as it has a much more natural feel to the instructions to do it in the way they do it this year, but these corners are doing my head in, and spoil the fun for me. As I like to play a possession game over the wings, corners are an important part of my attacking game, but yeah, this is no fun.

Not sure if SI monitors this thread or if I should do something more than just post this, if somebody can point me in the right direction (if applicable), I would be much obliged.

It's really hard for me to understand how people can be so happy about defense in general. I, with other 3 or 4 users here or maybe more, must be very unlucky if my DCs decide to wonder on the pitch brainlessly, whatever the tactic and the strategy. With the last patch I've seen certain things greatly improved but I've seen certain things dramatically worse also.

I don't know if this is the right spot, but after the update my attacking and defending corners have gone belly up. Players simply do not take the positions I tell them to, and I can hardly imagine that due to the lack of familiarity with my tactics a player goes and stands on the edge of the penalty area while I clearly instructed him to challenge the keeper.

Left backs and right backs swap their attacking corner instructions as well, but when I am cheeky and swap their instructions, trying to exploit the obvious bug that this is, they do the same.

Also, ass man moans that I have multiple players set up at the posts when defending a corner. Ehm no I don't.

You know, I was so excited when they finally decided to get rid of the sliders, as it has a much more natural feel to the instructions to do it in the way they do it this year, but these corners are doing my head in, and spoil the fun for me. As I like to play a possession game over the wings, corners are an important part of my attacking game, but yeah, this is no fun.

Not sure if SI monitors this thread or if I should do something more than just post this, if somebody can point me in the right direction (if applicable), I would be much obliged.

Try the bug forum, maybe this one is for you?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/373195-Reviewed-Set-piece-instructions-not-being-followed

What i find unaccettable.

A) "it's all the tactic" - also admitting that i do some errors, the game don't show me clearly this. my striker, in a wrong tactic, must have no clear occasions, and instead he got a lot of occasion, one-on-one, and simply not score.

B) the whole world around my team and my matches. It's weird. Genoa Italian Champion on second season, Sassuolo in Champions, Roma relegated. Juventus in the first year after 10 matches got 2 victory and 2 draw, and it doesn't happen SOMETIMES, it's happen always.

What i find incredible is that the ME is the same for me and for all, and yet i have to read that is the tactic. I know im not good in the game, but the game too is no good, and i repeat, it's the world around, not my team. Very annoiying see matches like 3-3, 4-4, 7-5. And no, i will not post saves because trust me, i'm so tired to play this obviously "half a" game that i never launch it again until a new patch. I still have the hope that someone in SI who loves football will look quite frankly 2 or 3 matches and understand.

There is a milion of differences compared to the game that i love and that i believe i've buyed. I don't even care to improve my tactic (that surely needs to be improved) because i can't play in a "world" that have these results, i can't play in a world where Manchester United get smashed by Fulham 6 a 0. In reality also if they got the worst coach in the tactic the players have a pride and don't make it happen.

Sick and tired, i can't believe that someone still can believe that's not the game. Some of these people said it also before the patch, so what can i do?

Im sorry for the feedback thread in general, some people i know are even scared to come in this forum because they say "they say always that's our fault".

I try again, because i want a best game and still believe.

Genoa Italian Champion. The second year.

Come on guys.

Oh, and another thing.

Maybe it's my tactic, but against me every single team (also Amateurs in friendly games) don't miss a single pass, a single stop of the ball.

Weird.

Now you're just making things up?? This is supposed to be a feedback thread of things that are ACTUALLY happening in your games.

Maybe it's my tactic, but against me every single team (also Amateurs in friendly games) don't miss a single pass, a single stop of the ball.

Weird.

Come on, if you want to be taken seriously, you shouldnt write something like that. If you dont see amateurs miss any pass, we really play different games. I agree that amateurs should play even worse, but with the update i really see a massive difference between their skills and better teams.

If people are just watching highlights they maybe will only see the good passing moments of amateur teams though.

• SI Staff
Oh, and another thing.

Weird.

How's the uploading of your pkm and save going?

Guest El Payaso

Have to say that I'm really disappointed with this new update, was really waiting for it and didn't chance the game enough for me. Loads of illogical things are happening in Match Engine and that just makes it really frustrating to watch the games. Goals only come from really close range, players do really silly things; like when having a great chance to counter attack and they just decide to hoof the ball away even though they are the highest attacking player on the pitch. I had 24 corner kicks in the first half in my first game of the season with Athletic, didn't finish the game but it was so frustrating to watch Susaeta being unstoppable but going all the time to the byline and crossing the ball to first opponent even though he was told to cross from deep...

Guest El Payaso
Absolute nonsense.
Well at least in my games they do, maybe not all of the goals but most of them do. And I've seen many open chances to shoot from maybe 20-25 yards and none of them finding the net.

Is anyone else conceding ridiculous amounts of goals to set pieces. I'm 99% sure it must be my tactis but I concede at least one goal almost every game from a corner or a free kick that hits the post and falls to the opposition. Sometimes it's two and three a game.

My other issue is one I think may be a bug. I just played a league match where the oppositions centre half with a free kick rating of 9 scored 2 direct free kicks :o

The only thing I'm facing is, most of the highlights, goals and goal chances are happening with set pieces. goals with good teamwork or, one-two's etc is too little.

And the match engine calls some ordinary goals as " magnificient effort" , "superb solo" or "what a goal!" that makes me feel watching another goals and games :)

Ricky Sbragia appointed Ireland manager at the start of the game, Sami Hypia appointed England manager and I've just seen Del Bosque retire from Spain and they've appointed Jorge Lopez as manager. Who is that you ask? Well he's a 37 year old with regional rep who has just retired from playing for Mirandes in the Liga Adalante and also doesn't even have a B licence. Gotta love International management in FM.

How's the uploading of your pkm and save going?

I was planning to do some more matches for have a complete vision, now im going to update (if my ugly tech knowledge will permit me)

(Ugly as my english knowledge :D )

Im sorry, i've tried but im not able to upload my game. I use Filezilla but then i lose myself... :(

Fans devastated we lost in a 1-1 draw to Liverpool.

Bug.

Upload the save in the bug thread.

I have already reported this bug for 14.1.3 actually and they said they would take a look at it. In my save my fans were devastated because I drew 1 1 away at Man United. The reactions of fans to matches seem a bit off in FM14 in my opinion. Point of my story being: It is being looked at they promised me :)

Some people around here have some pretty unrealistic expectations of a GAME that costs around £30 and with a good attitude and a half decent tactic can give you hundreds of hours of enjoyment.

I call that fantastic value.

Its not perfect, it never will be and its ridiculous to expect it to be.

If you can't stand imperfections in the visual march engine, go commentary only and let your imagination fill in the blanks, like back in the day.

When I look back on my results at the end of the season I always check whether I feel they are realistic, so far the answer has always been yes.

And remember that tactics can only take you so far, the team with the better players has a big advantage, just like real life.

I see this, ultimately, as a squad/team building game.

I have already reported this bug for 14.1.3 actually and they said they would take a look at it. In my save my fans were devastated because I drew 1 1 away at Man United. The reactions of fans to matches seem a bit off in FM14 in my opinion. Point of my story being: It is being looked at they promised me :)

His is different in the sense that they are devastated because they lost, when in fact they drew. Good that you uploaded your issue though :thup:

Archived