Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Thank you Paul for the update, looks like there was a considerable amount of work tackling the glaring bugs first (as you'd expect) then a little work into the deeper problems as well. Gonna look back at my list of "complaints" - simplified, without the walls of text of explanations - and compare to Paul's ME shortlist of changes.

1) 2) and 4) are bugs that I would expect the patch to fix and it does sound like it will.

3) is unimportant in the relative scheme of things

5) I am a little disappointed is not on Paul's list but I reckon there's not been enough complaints about it so might not be high on SI's priorities, or even gone unnoticed

6), 7), 8), 9) and 10) are the really big bulk of problems and whilst I am a little concerned none of them have been mentioned directly in Paul's list, these 2 bits:

sound like they could help a little with every single one of those last 5 issues I've described... waiting patiently to see if it will make a difference.

The list he sent out isn't the final list so without assuming there probably more fixes he has just stated ones that have been sorted so far.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The list he sent out isn't the final list so without assuming there probably more fixes he has just stated ones that have been sorted so far.

Indeed, that's by no means the complete list, NO, don't even bother asking :D

Yes I know it's not the absolute definitive list of every fix, but relatively major balancing tweaks like I sense the ME needs, I'm pretty sure they would've been mentioned. :)
not at all as I said they might be working on them right now, the list ones that are fixed, they not going release a list of all problems that they have not fixed and find out they need more time, they will release when its ready.

not at all as I said they might be working on them right now, the list ones that are fixed, they not going release a list of all problems that they have not fixed and find out they need more time, they will release when its ready.

Plus, if people start complaining about the lists of updates we receive, we'll stop getting lists of updates.

Sounds to me like they have a new version of the ME ready but it's in the hands of testers, to be honest. Testing something of this magnitude to be released for such a gigantic audience, takes a fair few days bare minimum. So there may be more fixes to come yet yes but only in future versions not the next patch. But this is just guesswork.

And I'm not complaining about the list of updates, I'm thanking Paul for it, whilst also trying to lobby and bring attention for the changes I want, of course.

You also need to know that being inpatient doesn't help things and slows down the time of the patch because people see other issues that we don't.

sorry mate but it wasnt me who was desperate to get the unfinished product in the shops for 31/10. You make it sound like we should be grateful that we are being told what is being fixed, and while I`m on a roll these are not "updates" we are waiting on they are FIXES to make the product playable, just like all the other games on the market.

sorry mate but it wasnt me who was desperate to get the unfinished product in the shops for 31/10. You make it sound like we should be grateful that we are being told what is being fixed, and while I`m on a roll these are not "updates" we are waiting on they are FIXES to make the product playable, just like all the other games on the market.

I have to agree with my learned colleague. :D

Can we for the love of God STOP going over the same things ad nauseam?

There'll be a prize for the first person to make an original comment which is actually feedback :D

The game is extremely enjoyable, even with the occasionally infuriating glitches in the ME (although I can't complain too much as I unintentionally take advantage of the corner bug as much, if not more than the AI) and as someone who has hated the media interviews over the past few iterations, while they're by no means perfect they are massively improved. This is due in no small part to their incorporation within the news feed. Does that win me a prize? ;)

well I didn't buy it on 31/10 so there we go I just know its not easy to make everyone happy and have the game at 100 percent there bound be glitches no need to talk about it further

Well I think the conclusion from all this (and previous years) would be that SI should release BETA version of the product a lot earlier. Maybe something like 2 months. Of course they would have to cut the release circle a bit to be ready with new releases year by year or hire more people to work on the game. But I don't think this is an issue.

Anyway, there always will be people complaining, even when the final patch comes sometime in the future. I'm sure a lot of people would buy the BETA product earlier and help test it. SI with their limited tester base is just unable to do it right in reasonable amount of time. Sure, some people will say "early beta, they just want money and get free testing!". But I'm sure many more fans of the game would happily contribute and get a chance to play earlier. And when the release time comes, of course there will be issues, but surely a lot less frustrating and needing fixing ASAP.

Small thing here but I've noticed that after taking over other teams mid season, some if not all of the players have player training already assigned so I have to go in and change them from training on heading or tackling etc and set them to what I want or to nothing. I noticed it a few times after taking over Olexandriya and a few other teams mid season but not when I got a job in the summer

Indeed, that's by no means the complete list, NO, don't even bother asking :D

So ermm, I was just wondering, ermmm

Can we for the love of God STOP going over the same things ad nauseam?

There'll be a prize for the first person to make an original comment which is actually feedback :D

I actually might have something here, I am not sure if this has been listed as a bug but on very very rare occasions it would seem the 3D ME bugs out, I have seen it twice now where the screen basically freezes in place, you do not see any players or the ball but you do see the shadow from the ball, once the play leaves the field of view you can only follow the commentary until the move breaks down, after which the highlights continue as normal.

Has anyone had this? or is it like the close cam for me were only I have the bug that zooms it fully out at times and you can no longer control it?

I like that some players are really showing more grinta on the pitch. Tackling and battling for the bal in the midfield happens more often and the outcome is not predictable. It happens that a players intercepts the ball or nicks it, and two seconds later the player that lost the ball comes to battle for it and wins it back. Nice.

I like the man marking option ( better not be used as instruction for yur defenders as demonstrated in other pists ) but for the midfielders you can really immobilze even an attacking MC from the opposition with you own AMC

I like you can see the behavior really change of the AML/R when you switch in the game between inside fwd, winger, def winger, wide mid etc, also when you say cut inside the player comes more central and really adds to pull lines and space!

I like negotiating with the other club for the transfer fee

I like the board expectation addition on certain playing aspects ( scoring set pieces, possession play )

Interesting to look at average ratings in the league now. This is second season, Conference Premier...

tlu2nso.jpg

The top ten are all strikers, and 16 of the top 20. The only defender is Jamie Tank in 20th spot.

Quite a turnaround from the beta, and to me illustrates the issue with defensive ratings. Hopefully a balance is found with the next update (I'm sure it will be).

Interesting to look at average ratings in the league now. This is second season, Conference Premier...

tlu2nso.jpg

The top ten are all strikers, and 16 of the top 20. The only defender is Jamie Tank in 20th spot.

Quite a turnaround from the beta, and to me illustrates the issue with defensive ratings. Hopefully a balance is found with the next update (I'm sure it will be).

I'd say that the top 20 ratings should be around 10 strikers, 5 midfielders and 5 defenders.

I look forward to the update and to see if it will fix the defence rating issues.

Has anyoned mentioned the issue with long free kicks from deep where the ball is often whipped in low to a player whose usually unmarked, then the player quickly smashes the ball in the goal on most occasions? It happens every now and again in my saves (normally for the A.I's benefit). Anyone else experienced what I'm talking about?

this game desperately needs both options, setting up a gameplan for attack and defense!!!!! it's a pain in the a.. when i have to watch my team playing "defense"... strikers, wingers/IF's, AM's doing litteraly nothing on D.... even when you play counter, doesn't matter... SMH!!! would be nice if SI could implement something like that for the next edition.

Has anyoned mentioned the issue with long free kicks from deep where the ball is often whipped in low to a player whose usually unmarked, then the player quickly smashes the ball in the goal on most occasions? It happens every now and again in my saves (normally for the A.I's benefit). Anyone else experienced what I'm talking about?

yes, annoying as hell!!! hope it's on the fix-list too.

someone here already wrote a nice summery. players just don't engage like they would in real life. often you can see teams playing ball like barca, without anybody of your players engaging/bodying up, nothing. they're just watching... or players running with the ball from box to box without any resistence... there's way too much!!!!! space between both def.-lines. even if you watch amateur-football or kids, you will maybe have 2-3 sec. before someone will try to tackle you or body you up or whatever. the way teams are playing out of defence is implemented nicely. if they have time you will see defenders play from side to side, if there's pressing involved they will kick it away, but the further you move up front the less engaged your players will become on D/disturbing opponents build up play. i hope this:

- A fair bit of work to the engagement of opponents who are on the ball

- Defensive lines have been pushed up the pitch a little more reducing shot count for some setups and also reducing crosses a little

will solve the described problem.

Just remembered something from the screenshots released before the beta - is this feature available in the game? I can't find it anywhere.

fmc_match_plans-4_1.png

EDIT: Wait, does it appear when you let your assistant take control?

A few issues that needs to be sorted out.

1. ME doesn't recognized fair play? When a player got injured on the pitch, play simply continued.

2. Loose ball intelligent. When there is a loose ball, players nearest to the ball does not go after it. Instead, they either run back to their position or stood there watching especially when there is a rebound from the penalty.

3. High amount of tackling from the oppositions.

4. Inside forwards can't cross. They simply dribble to the byline and simply kick the ball out for a goal kick. If you are lucky enough, the ball hits an opposition and you earn a corner.

Thanks for the info PaulC! Glad you guys strive to improve despite the game been released already, you show passion for this great game, which i have been playing since 99.

Just because of that i will stop playing the demo and purchase the game tomorrow although i was waiting for the patch. Keep up the good work!

Just came across something which is new and I haven't had in the lower leagues, only seen now I've been promoted and I can't seem to find any answer using search.

Scouted a player and he can be a a "Star premiership player". Guessin' that's better than a leading? Or is it not?

I have been buggered on a few things for the past week and had some issues with fbs defence and strikers shooting weak and taking silly attempts..as well far too many long shots. I had been working off of FM13s tactics since I had them memorized and flawless. However, seeing all the hoopla about check your tactics made me visit the tactics site to see what I might be missing. To my surprise many things. I have completely turned my season around with a brand new understanding of how the individual and team tactics work. I am not saying it has fixed all potential "bugs" but I will say im enjoying the game much more now that i have a much better understanding of how this years tactics work. I have been able to stop the 50% percent long shots every game and dropped it too 25-35% long shots and my FBs play...a little better. The strikers still shoot weakly and make some questionable decisions on shots, but maybe that will be improved. I have to say other than the ratings fix im happy with the game. I would suggest everyone spend some time on the tactics site and read through some of the posts and you will improve your game at least a little.

that will be all

If there are any passing Devs I would be curious to know if there is any work going on taking a look at morale, it's impact on performance and whether it's fluctuations are a little over exaggerated.

Across a number of saves I seem to be repeating a pattern whereby I start pre-season and all seems ok, the first couple of games generally go ok too, but then the instant I come up against one of the leading teams, I suffer a heavy defeat and then morale nosedives leading to an ever increasing spiral of doom where poor morale --> poor performance --> poor result --> poor morale and so on.

I appreciate that there will be correlation between the three things, but to me at least, it feels like it needs to be toned down a little.

Just came across something which is new and I haven't had in the lower leagues, only seen now I've been promoted and I can't seem to find any answer using search.

Scouted a player and he can be a a "Star premiership player". Guessin' that's better than a leading? Or is it not?

Yeah and further above that you can get world class

.....seeing all the hoopla about check your tactics made me visit the tactics site to see what I might be missing. To my surprise many things...... I would suggest everyone spend some time on the tactics site and read through some of the posts and you will improve your game at least a little.

Glad to hear it was a beneficial experience :)

Further tuning of long shots and dodgy shot selection (will that include shot power?) is likely to be addressed by the next update.

General defensive engagement should also see major improvements:

We have had a couple of good weeks of improvements and testing but are not quite there yet. I'd love to say it will be ready tonight or before the weekend but I can't be specific yet.

Anyway, an overview of ME areas we have worked on so far:

- Player ratings have been tuned a little further

- Defensive lines have been pushed up the pitch a little more reducing shot count for some setups and also reducing crosses a little ( awkward as generally our shot count is about right but some human teams seem to have setups that cause higher ones )

- We've improved the detection of CCC's and Half Chances

- Some work to improve logic of when players should shoot or not

- A fair bit of work to the engagement of opponents who are on the ball

- Fixed that under-hit corner to near post bug

- Fixed keepers getting sent off for walking outside area with ball due to momentum

- Improved goalie short distribution for some setups

- Various other miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes

Archived