Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got my CD key from cjs-cdkeys. According to them a unique Key.

Beta worked just fine, but the game won't update no matter what advice I follow in this thread. Getting a bit fed up with it to be honest, but I'd like to get it working before I go to sleep, so any more tips than verifying your cache and resetting the client registry?

Are you sure you shouldnt have a second code from them?

If you purchased from a vendor other than Steam, please check with them for a retail version code first of all.

Did that already with gamekeys4all, they have online chat, they have no 2nd code. All they say is that the code i used for the beta version, should update automatically for the final version.

Verifying the cache integrity on steam didn't work either, still on 14.1.1

So only a select few can play the game on release? Great, that.

That's like sitting in a queue at disney land and saying

"oh greatttt so only 20 can go on the ride at once? great that"

It's to be expected an hour after release of a best seller...

my lord....

Patience my dear fellow... it's the steam servers that are overloaded.... which is expected upon release.. it's also an issue no-one can do anything about...

You could try the old Steam trick of setting your location as somewhere obscure where there is more server load available.

I don't know if that still works, though.

That's like sitting in a queue at disney land and saying

"oh greatttt so only 20 can go on the ride at once? great that"

It's to be expected an hour after release of a best seller...

my lord....

Excuse me for wanting to play a game that i've paid money for at the time of release when i've stayed up all night for it...

My Lord...

about 10 mins and still waiting for game to stop freezing after clicking the steam workshop.should i stop waiting and close game or continue to wait?

When waiting on the install dark skin screen, mine was frozen on that screen for about 20 minutes if that's any help. I'm in now, so it's sorted. Seems patience is the key.

I always have the screen above steam saying:

install football manager 2014

make locale datacache (my game is in dutch sorry)

football manager 2014 data preparing for installation

it is there for 30 min now, and i can only cancel it. next and previous page are not able to take. i can cancel this, or do i have to wait? i downloaded the editor in 5 sec yet

Why do we STILL not have a borderless window/full screen window option?

It's 2014.. a lot of people have dual monitors and want to use the second monitor while keeping the game full screen on the first.

I'm tired of having to use external software for this every year... 99% of games these days have this option.

SI chose Steam. SI has my monies. I dont have my game. The fact this is happening with many different etailors is not coincidence. As far as im concerned SI should be actively try to sort the problem by asking the etailors why their customers aren't getting their game.

SI chose Steam. SI has my monies. I dont have my game. The fact this is happening with many different etailors is not coincidence. As far as im concerned SI should be actively try to sort the problem by asking the etailors why their customers aren't getting their game.

Your retailer has your money tbf, and if they haven't given you your code you need to chase them up.

No. You're not a customer of SI. You're a customer of the etailor. Furthermore, SI aren't the publisher, so if you want to be annoyed at someone other than the etailor, you should be annoyed at Sega.

I must be 1 of the lucky ones. I'm in Ireland. Bought from Gamefly digital and every updated just after midnight. No 2nd key needed. I just powered up the laptop. Logged into steam and the game updated to the full version. I didn't have to do anything. According to gamefly they actually say that they give a 2nd key but I guess they don't.

I just loaded up the dark skin went and tried to sell someone just to see if the transfer issue was sorted. Player value 18m. I offered him out so I knew I wouldn't get more than that. I got offered 3.5m up front and 13.5m over 2 yrs. so I guess it's fixed.

Anyway, off to bed for me.

Thanks SI. Now roll on the Vita version!

Got my CD key from cjs-cdkeys. According to them a unique Key.

Beta worked just fine, but the game won't update no matter what advice I follow in this thread. Getting a bit fed up with it to be honest, but I'd like to get it working before I go to sleep, so any more tips than verifying your cache and resetting the client registry?

I ordered through cjs-cdkeys as well. The beta key does NOT work for the retail version.

You have received (or at least, should have received) a new key. Log on into your account at cjs-cdkeys. There you can claim your key for the full version.

can someone explain what's all the excitement from the editor?

They added the advanced editor.

To enable it, you have to add one division, then click "Rules" at the top and choose "Convert to Advanced Rules".

It gives endless possibilities to the game.

Now you can expande MLS without loosing the hard-coded rules.

You can add a qualification tournament for a main competition.

You can add a lot of details to any competition: a great feature is you can set specific stadiums in a tournament.

It's a revolution for FM.

You can basically make any competition you wish without compromise.

Miles Jacobson said on his twitter account that every retailer should have sent a 2nd key today to every buyer, so that they could download the "update" for the final version.

My retailer knew nothing about this, i hope i'm not in trouble... I guess i'll have to waste time with this...

2AM. still can't get on the thing. Utterly ridiculous. Not OK, not "to be expected". I've paid good money to have my game now. S.I need to learn about what customer service is.

I would be annoyed if this was happening to me but how is it SIs fault? They make the game not distribute it. It's the retailer or etailers fault. I'm not trying to rile you but you need to get onto the place you purchased from.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Found the fix for how to get the Dark Skin working!

If, like me, you've got custom facepacks, logos, etc etc then do the following:

1) Move the Graphics folder out of the Sports Interactive folder located in My Documents and put it on your desktop.

2) Fire up Steam

3) Go onto the Workshop for FM14

4) Subscribe to the Dark Skin

5) Restart Steam

6) Fire up FM14

7) On the start screen, click Downloads

8) Click Steam Workshop

9) It should load up immediately, no freezing at all

10) Install it

11) Go into Preferences and change it

• Administrators
2AM. still can't get on the thing. Utterly ridiculous. Not OK, not "to be expected". I've paid good money to have my game now. S.I need to learn about what customer service is.

What's your problem currently? What steps have you taken to resolve this? Have you looked at the FAQ for help?

I ordered through cjs-cdkeys as well. The beta key does NOT work for the retail version.

You have received (or at least, should have received) a new key. Log on into your account at cjs-cdkeys. There you can claim your key for the full version.

Cheers mate. Got the game as a gift, so it's not on my account. It's a bit too late to wake up the person that got it for me :D, so I'll try to get it tomorrow.

Found the fix for how to get the Dark Skin working!

If, like me, you've got custom facepacks, logos, etc etc then do the following:

1) Move the Graphics folder out of the Sports Interactive folder located in My Documents and put it on your desktop.

2) Fire up Steam

3) Go onto the Workshop for FM14

4) Subscribe to the Dark Skin

5) Restart Steam

6) Fire up FM14

7) On the start screen, click Downloads

8) Click Steam Workshop

9) It should load up immediately, no freezing at all

10) Install it

11) Go into Preferences and change it

Genius!!

Archived