Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

No, the update will be out when it is fully tested and ready for release. They may have hoped for earlier, but it is not yet ready. No news beyond that.
There will be nothing this weekend.

thanks :) So I have to wait little more before I start playing. I always wait the first major patch that will fix the most issues in order to start

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty much what Ackter says..

There were quite a few games last season where I know I would have gotten slaughtered with my old tactic.

Through taking what the guys told me and willing to change things, even mid game I see myself changing a lot of things now where as before I would not have.

The last game of the season for example at 0-0 at half time I had a lot of the ball and quite a few shots at goal but I was not opening them up, I thought about where the spaces would be and changed my instructions to 'pass into space' and 'work the ball into the box', the space was in behind the defence and in the first half I was not exploiting that, the second half we did and I won 3-1.

Just the couple of (crudely drawn :p) pictures from Ackter in the tactics forum got me thinking more about the space and how teams would look when they did not have the ball.

I can say 100% I would not have finished 3rd using my old tactic, I am also sure that 2-0 win I snatched at Bayern would have been a 5 or 6 nil loss.

That pretty much ends that debate :thup: either way, glad you did have a look and are enjoying it even more. Being able to visualise using an an image where your players are going helps a lot, and actually for me, its one of the key places where I think FM could take a big step forwards, having some kind of tactical chalkboard.

Yeah, I thoroughly recommend daylight's tactical thread. It would help so many more people enjoy the game, and it's such a simple, straight-forward thread.

I can understand why some people are put off by the tactics forums as they see stuff like the Theorums threads which look like essays and dissertations, but that's why we always suggest people start their own thread. It lets us help people so much easier.

Couple of quick questions - hope they're in the right place or can get moved!

Am playing as Oxford City in the Skrill North, and our finances are a little limited! However:

1) I am under wage budget, but whenever I try and offer a contract to a player (free agent, not my own) I can offer them a maximum of £0 p/w. Needless to say, I don't get many takers... Is there any way to help this?

2) I sacked my physio due to his rating of 1 for physiotherapy! (wrong career for you I think, mate) Now I can't hire another one as we have "enough staff members". I don't really want to sack my 3 other staff to make more space as we're stretched already. Asked board, they said no. Am I going to get horrendous injuries now? Will players recover from injuries slowly or not at all!?

Advice much appreciated!

I'm assuming everyone is joking about the patching/updating debate. Of course it's a patch. It's patching bugs. That's why there's a bugs forum. You don't update a bug. It is a joke though right? :)

you update a software release version

1) What about signing on fees etc? That all has an impact on the budget.

2) No. Physios predict and help increase recovery time (iirc), there'll be a negligible effect on actual injuries.

Ah, good point. Willl search through the contracts and see who's bleeding us dry!

Excellent - no physio for me this season!

Thanks much!

As long as the injury wasn't too serious, there's a chance he'll return to normal.

The more severe and lengthy the injury is, the less chance there is of a full recovery.

I've seen it quite often and I'd say it's realistic in as far as number scales can portray it, in fact if you want to be pedantic it should drop to virtually nothing if he's on crutches:)

I don't know if that's any indication of how fully he'll recover though, remember many, many players never do get back the pace they once had after ligament damage.

Yeah, but my other player got exact same injury and his pace slowly declined by ~0.5 in 4 weeks, not in one day.. And my star player was out for 4 month with broken foot and also slowly declined by only ~1..

Meanwhile that guy had his almost all attributes go up (green arrow a bit up) while his pace gone down by 3 in a day (straight red arrow down), so its very unusual.. And he did not recover.

But if you say thats normal than I have no problem with it, just never seen this before. Thanks.

Definitely agree with Ackter about the Tactics discussion forum, there are a couple of threads in the that are must-reads if you're struggling to adapt to FM2014 and its new match engine, particularly daylight's (good work fellas). I spent a good few hours on the pre-season of a new game after doing some digging about, designed a new tactic from scratch, and finally I've got one that I'm happy with and is providing consistent results. I've found watching the early matches really important, in full match or comprehensive highlights, along with the 2D view to track formation movement more easily.

In the previous games I've started I've struggled to find a tactical balance that hasn't completely annoyed me. I tried Mr Rosler's Fulcrum tactic for a while in one save and though it did work in many games, I was gifting silly goals and dropping points. Now I've not only got consistent results but consistent movement on the pitch, interceptions, passing moves, goal-scoring and average ratings (even the full-backs for the most part). Not only that, but the game is far more rewarding than before because I put the time in on the tactics side, tweaking and tweaking over pre-season and first few games and am now loving FM14. And I'm definitely swearing less!

I've already reported it and it's being looked at, but just in case this happens always and people just aren't noticing it - make sure your scheduled rest days are actually being obeyed. Ever since I noticed the issue I've been paying attention and yep, all the rest days are ignored. I have to cancel them and re-schedule again for them to work. If your players don't seem to recover in time for the next match, it could be this!

Pretty much what Ackter says..

There were quite a few games last season where I know I would have gotten slaughtered with my old tactic.

Through taking what the guys told me and willing to change things, even mid game I see myself changing a lot of things now where as before I would not have.

The last game of the season for example at 0-0 at half time I had a lot of the ball and quite a few shots at goal but I was not opening them up, I thought about where the spaces would be and changed my instructions to 'pass into space' and 'work the ball into the box', the space was in behind the defence and in the first half I was not exploiting that, the second half we did and I won 3-1.

Just the couple of (crudely drawn :p) pictures from Ackter in the tactics forum got me thinking more about the space and how teams would look when they did not have the ball.

I can say 100% I would not have finished 3rd using my old tactic, I am also sure that 2-0 win I snatched at Bayern would have been a 5 or 6 nil loss.

Yes but... if you can't see into the f..... ;)

That pretty much ends that debate :thup: either way, glad you did have a look and are enjoying it even more. Being able to visualise using an an image where your players are going helps a lot, and actually for me, its one of the key places where I think FM could take a big step forwards, having some kind of tactical chalkboard.

:thup:

having read Dagenham daves post about difference between watching games in FMC versus full load and FMC is much better to watch and smoother presentation...what is that about ? why don't they have the full version the same ?

If one person says it, it doesn't make it true. It would be a screwed up world if that was the case.

having read Dagenham daves post about difference between watching games in FMC versus full load and FMC is much better to watch and smoother presentation...what is that about ? why don't they have the full version the same ?

It's exactly the same match engine. I have no idea why it looks better, and appears not to have a lot of the issues the main game has. I guess it comes down managing different teams at different levels as to why I'm seeing some things on one save, and not on another.

Although since I posted that, on the FMC save, I've actually saw the winger trying to win a corner off the defender issue that I never saw in over 300 hours on the main game.

Arrrgh, this forum is making me look for things that simply aren't there!! :eek::lol:

If one person says it, it doesn't make it true. It would be a screwed up world if that was the case.

yes that is very obvious...which is why I checked it myself and it IS much better and smoother...less ice rink effect on FMC for starters...it is BLATANTLY different..why is that ?

i'm not talking about the ME itself just the presentation of it while watching it IS much better on FMC...no excuses for doing that and not on full version!!!!!!!!!!!

ah FM, just as i'm beggining to think no patch isn't the end of the world, you screw me outta of a win by making my keeper go for a walk off the pitch during a freekick, just after i've taken off my striker for a youth one.

maybe SI should add a news question saying "we didn't deserve to lose, it was an act of Paul" :D

Oh dear :( Dagenham_Dave has gone to the dark side, fwiw I currently have a FMC save and a normal save, same club, same leagues, same ME. same football :)

The only difference between the two is the speed the seasons pass and the fact that I'm considerably more successful in the FMC save.

Am afraid not, it simply is the exact same Match engine.

afraid you've misunderstood the post...I have explicitly stated I was NOT talking about the ME but the visuals...the ice rink effect is something I find particularly annoying so i'm acutely aware of its existence to the point that any discernible difference becomes abundantly obvious...and it is considerably better in the FMCs visuals...this is beyond contestation and is opprobrious conduct by SI to offer up a lesser presentation for the full version

Oh dear :( Dagenham_Dave has gone to the dark side, fwiw I currently have a FMC save and a normal save, same club, same leagues, same ME. same football :)

The only difference between the two is the speed the seasons pass and the fact that I'm considerably more successful in the FMC save.

ha...funny on the Dagenham dave switch !!!

and yes same ME same/football same just the presentation is much better...MUCH better and much more watchable

Oh dear :( Dagenham_Dave has gone to the dark side,

The lengths I'll go to so as not to be branded a 'fanboy' :lol:

Ironically, I wasn't actually going to get FM14 as I'd not long since d/loaded LFCMarshall's excellent season update for FM13, so I was going to give this one a miss. It was only the expanded FMC with the unlimited leagues that persuaded me to buy it. And since then, I've already spent more hours on the main game than I have on any other FM with the exception of 13 and CM 01/02.

So, not quite the dark side yet...

afraid you've misunderstood the post...I have explicitly stated I was NOT talking about the ME but the visuals...the ice rink effect is something I find particularly annoying so i'm acutely aware of its existence to the point that any discernible difference becomes abundantly obvious...and it is considerably better in the FMCs visuals...this is beyond contestation and is opprobrious conduct by SI to offer up a lesser presentation for the full version

The ME and its representation is one and the same, irrespective of game mode. This is not conjecture, but fact.

The ME and its representation is one and the same, irrespective of game mode. This is not conjecture, but fact.

nobody is arguing about the ME being the same and the quotes you attached above doesn't attempt to argue that either...you are completely missing the point...the visual representation of the ME in the FMC version and the full version IS different in terms the ice effect being discernibly different (ie less and thus better in FMC)...that is factual im afraid and absolutely beyond contestation.

nobody is arguing about the ME being the same and the quotes you attached above doesn't attempt to argue that either...you are completely missing the point...the visual representation of the ME in the FMC version and the full version IS different in terms the ice effect being discernibly different (ie less and thus better in FMC)...that is factual im afraid and absolutely beyond contestation.

Sorry, you missed the point. I said "The ME and its representation is one and the same, irrespective of game mode."

You can debate it between yourself and nobody else all you like, but on this occasion you are incorrect and on the cusp of spreading misinformation.

The reality is that what you subjectively believe you have seen is leading you to perceive that there is a difference between the graphical representations of the ME between the Sim and Classic Modes.

It is not true, and ask yourself why on earth SI would do that if it were true (which it isn't).

Man what a day!

After all the celebrating for reaching the CL with my Leipzig side I switched on the game this morning, got my season budget and thought "right lets get in some really good players".

I hit the search button and just as I did it hit me....CL football...players trained in nation....players trained at club!

It was never my thought I would get into the CL so fast, I thought at least 2 or 3 seasons... Oh man damn that tactics forum!

I have exactly 2 players trained in my nation .... 2!

I have spent the entire day ignoring the wife and searching for players, I have finally managed to get a few players out and a few players in that were trained in the nation in.

As you can see by my 'location' I normally love to search for players but this has been an almighty struggle, I am still missing a couple of trained in nation but I still wanted a quality striker and thought I had one with a transfer I had agreed..but then this..

ijff.jpg

Now he is a player I have that I added to the transfer as I don't need him anymore and it helped to bring the price down.

At first glance it seems fair enough, he wants a better deal, nothing wrong with that.

Now here is the 'feedback' bit.

He wants a goal bonus,

He is a goalkeeper!!!!

Man it took me ages to get them to agree to a deal, there was no fast track as they always wanted me to offer the deal so they could think about it, then the plug gets pulled as the goalkeeper wants a goal bonus!

I need a beer.

Sorry, you missed the point. I said "The ME and its representation is one and the same, irrespective of game mode."

You can debate it between yourself and nobody else all you like, but on this occasion you are incorrect and on the cusp of spreading misinformation.

The reality is that what you subjectively believe you have seen is leading you to perceive that there is a difference between the graphical representations of the ME between the Sim and Classic Modes.

It is not true, and ask yourself why on earth SI would do that if it were true (which it isn't).

i'm happy to let it go and hope i'm wrong and SI will improve full sim ice effect in new release anyway...but yes I am asking myself why SI would do it and the annoying conclusion was that the ability to release constant updates is breeding complacency with these FM but again i'll let it pass on this at least ; )

Another game where my forwards miss chance after chance only for the opposition to score with their first attack means I'm not going to play this until the update is released. Game isn't enjoyable at all anymore.

Also, it hadn't been an issue for me until very recently, but wide players trying to win a corner is one of the most annoying bugs I've encountered. My winger decided to try this (and failed) in the last minute at 1-1 instead of simply squaring it for my striker to tap it in or head over from 2 yards.

Also, are goalkeepers buggy as hell or is the animation just really poor? I can't tell.

The keeper animations have gone a step backwards this year IMO. I particularly don't like the saves they make where they turn it round the opposite post from what they should given their position and the way the shot comes in, ie if a shot is heading for the top left as your striker looks at it, instead of tipping it round that post, it somehow hits their hand and flies away off round the opposite post.

If that makes any sense. It's easier to picture in my head than it is to explain it in words!

ajw was never the sharpest pencil in the pencil case and likes to whine, for him maybe FM is not his type of game or next year he needs to wait until March to buy. He won't of course, he'll be back here in next year's version of the same thread. What can you do. :(

The keeper animations have gone a step backwards this year IMO. I particularly don't like the saves they make where they turn it round the opposite post from what they should given their position and the way the shot comes in, ie if a shot is heading for the top left as your striker looks at it, instead of tipping it round that post, it somehow hits their hand and flies away off round the opposite post.

If that makes any sense. It's easier to picture in my head than it is to explain it in words!

Yeah definitely. The keeper makes a low save and manages to turn it over the bar on the other side of goal. It's odd.

Jibby looking for attention I see. HI, WE CAN ALL SEE YOU.

He wouldn't have been. His tactic would have fallen apart against teams better able to counter him. It was leaving massive spaces all over the pitch for them to exploit.

See .. that's exactly why I love you guys so much. There's no point in debating anything with you, because you know everything with absolute certainty ahead of time. Of course that _could_ have happened. Maybe there was even a high probability. But as it was never tried, we'll never know.

There's also another thing you're correct about - there's no point in continuing the debate, as there's not even a theoretical possibility you could ever be wrong. With so much sheer brilliance on display and so much footballing brainpower I'm only surprised that you're not coaching Barca or ManU yet. Geez, these guys have no idea what they are missing out on.

ajw was never the sharpest pencil in the pencil case and likes to whine, for him maybe FM is not his type of game or next year he needs to wait until March to buy. He won't of course, he'll be back here in next year's version of the same thread. What can you do. :(

Shouldn't a comment of this sort be removed and the poster warned? Or are we only deleting the posts that are a bit too overly critical of the game?

See .. that's exactly why I love you guys so much. There's no point in debating anything with you, because you know everything with absolute certainty ahead of time. Of course that _could_ have happened. Maybe there was even a high probability. But as it was never tried, we'll never know.

There's also another thing you're correct about - there's no point in continuing the debate, as there's not even a theoretical possibility you could ever be wrong. With so much sheer brilliance on display and so much footballing brainpower I'm only surprised that you're not coaching Barca or ManU yet. Geez, these guys have no idea what they are missing out on.

Please just shut up, thanks. You add nothing to these threads.

Shouldn't a comment of this sort be removed and the poster warned? Or are we only deleting the posts that are a bit too overly critical of the game?

See my above post. Your only "contribution" to this thread is to bitch about modding. Please go away.

I think, a few buggy animations aside, 'keepers are far more reliable than in FM13, where if they weren't running out of their goal and clearing it straight to the opposition to hit into an empty net, they were letting strikers head the ball in from the goal line and not reacting to anything in their six yard box.

On FM14 I've noticed they are a lot more pro-active with coming out to any overhit passes, and they actually catch crosses and corners. Massive improvement for me.

Archived