Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

You recognize there are both kinds of people but remove the option to keep the filters or hide them? That way you're just saying it's mandatory to hide them. What was wrong with 'show filter' and 'hide filter'?

EDIT: I seem to be having a problem with the continue button. I press it, stuff is processed but it doesn't show. When I press it again the image is updated to show what changed (unread messages, game results or whatever screen I'm at).

EDIT2: And still the game changes the team classification depending on being a home or away game. I always want to see my team's players' classification and have to change wich team it shows every other game.

1) As I mentioned in my reply, having the filters appear as collapsible subpanel from the right was causing layout issues in non-English languages. I appreciate what we've changed it to won't please everyone, and we will look into seeing how the design can be extended to accommodate people like yourself. But this is unlikely to be for this version.

2 and 3) We're aware of these issues and are still reviewing them. They are not straightforward issues from a coding perspective.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why it was broken to begin with nor how it fixed itself and finally how it got broken again. It has been working fine throughout these three milestones internally, and I can't recall seeing anyone else raise this issue.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, can you please let us know?

Don't know about FM 14, but I had the same problem on FM 13 FWIW.

In the full version will Holloway be gone from Crystal Palace? Like the new feature of only starting a game with the teams who have no manager.

Sorry if asked somewhere else, I see there is no data update to be issued on release, not sure if this included managers.

You mean gone like with a click? Like the filters disapear unintended during the team selection?

3 things noticed so far after the update:

1.The widgets remember the positions now but are still linked to home team and away team instead of the actual teams.

2. My game crashed during a match. No crash dump. The game just exited with windows trying to find a solution. I need to test a bit more to see if it's a local problem or not.

3. After processing from one day to another the screen is "stuck" on the screen you had up before i clicked continue.

Example:

I read all the news and all that, then i click continue.

When processing is done the screen i left is the one the game returns to. I can't see any new news indicated.

If i press continue again the game updates itself with the newest news-items and all that is new.

Same going in to a match. Clicking "Match Preview" doesn't actually get me to Match Preview until i click it a second time.

Not played enough to say its a bug as much as defending getting worse than the previous BETA. Too easy to run past full backs at least past my full backs and the backing off is happening again. Similarly crosses much more dangerous. I fear the ball each time it's hit into box as opposed to pre update when it was heading practice for my center backs.

FM is in reality a game based on a huge database. In complex databases like FM filters is a very usefull tool. Hope you implement filter to be used more easily, cause they tend to just disappear during use. Specially during team-selection.

Glad I didnt delete my FM13!

• Administrators
3 things noticed so far after the update:

1.The widgets remember the positions now but are still linked to home team and away team instead of the actual teams.

2. My game crashed during a match. No crash dump. The game just exited with windows trying to find a solution. I need to test a bit more to see if it's a local problem or not.

3. After processing from one day to another the screen is "stuck" on the screen you had up before i clicked continue.

Example:

I read all the news and all that, then i click continue.

When processing is done the screen i left is the one the game returns to. I can't see any new news indicated.

If i press continue again the game updates itself with the newest news-items and all that is new.

Same going in to a match. Clicking "Match Preview" doesn't actually get me to Match Preview until i click it a second time.

Can you raise that crash on our tech forums and try to provide as much detail as possible? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

Given that the Demo and Beta are now on 14.1, and that there won't be DB update before February/March does it mean that the Beta is now full final game or will there be another update before/or for full release?

Only noticed one very small issue so far.

When playing in the Spanish B Leagues, one of my matches kicked off at 1900 whilst another teams kicked off at 2100. Right from the 1st minute I could see their latest scores even though it shouldn't of kicked of until after mine!

• SI Staff
Where has the 'Swap Positions' instruction gone? I presume it's been taken out until the bug has been rectified, which I also presume it hasn't been.

The instruction is for wide players to be able to swap positions. To do this you select the "Allow Wide Players to Swap Position" in team instructions.

Given that the Demo and Beta are now on 14.1, and that there won't be DB update before February/March does it mean that the Beta is now full final game or will there be another update before/or for full release?

I believe I saw Miles say it was a release candidate but not final to someone on twitter (Correct me if I'm wrong Miles). That said, I'd probably expect another update on/around release.

I believe I saw Miles say it was a release candidate but not final to someone on twitter (Correct me if I'm wrong Miles). That said, I'd probably expect another update on/around release.

You the mod now? :D Cheers for the info. (y)

New news in my inbox is not showing up straight away, I have to click my inbox button for it all to show how many messages I have waiting instead of it just coming up straight away without me having to do that

Same problem here.

Would like to know this also....

Four or five people have asked this with no answer. How about a yes/no/we don't know?

Home team player ratings still between highlights during matches. Can be annoying.

HUGE changes in Match Engine really hurt you from game before update to game after.

Full backs looking like statues again and wingers get past them with ease as they back off and not put in a tackle. Lots of backing off in the defensive side of your game now even though you're on hassle opponents/get stuck in and even individual instructions.

Furthermore crosses are beginning to become deadly against you compared to before.

Corners more dangerous. My first game was a 4-3 defeat and 3 goals scored off corners between the 2 sides and overall 5 goals off crosses including 3 against.

Same for me. Full backs looking like statues or even more when closing down kept going out instead of staying in front of the ball. 2 goals concedeed this way

Thats a strange one... should be much space now as they try to force you to not use filters anymore... you know, the filters are gone once you click outside the filter-box. Now you have to open the filter-box again and again and again. So should

Same for me. Full backs looking like statues or even more when closing down kept going out instead of staying in front of the ball. 2 goals concedeed this way

As said before, if you are seeing issues, please post PKMs in the bugs section. Info on how to do so can be found at the top of that section. Thanks

Four or five people have asked this with no answer. How about a yes/no/we don't know?

Asking the same, count me in.

Also, taking in consideration so many people with doubts about the new tactics system, bad transalations, ortographic errors, etc, etc, SI could have taken this all into account and presented some corrections and improvements. Although it's visible improvements on the 3d matches, it's still disappoiting.

surely it doesn't matter , patches are save game compatible and SI have said there will be no DB update till January

Asking the same, count me in.

Also, taking in consideration so many people with doubts about the new tactics system, bad transalations, ortographic errors, etc, etc, SI could have taken this all into account and presented some corrections and improvements. Although it's visible improvements on the 3d matches, it's still disappoiting.

Read above.

No problem with the interface that I’ve noticed, no idea what the widgets are for me to be concerned about whether or not they are working, I guess provided that the game doesn’t crash I tend to think any issues will get sorted and it works well enough. As for the match engine, played one game so far, early season top of the table Luton (League 2) vs near the bottom Burton, four nil to Luton, had about 6 one on ones with the keeper in the game and I scored two so I’m happy that its now possible to score in those situations, on problem solved. One slight realism niggle, far too many back heals, defenders, midfielders, forwards, amazing ones over several metres going straight to the feet of the receiver just not realistic.

Unless if there's a unlikely issue that they had to update the DB before the official release, I wouldn't expect a DB update release from them until after January. Late February/March is usual time where they will release it.

There, you have your answer. :)

Archived