*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
sorry for being stupid but what individual training do i choose whenever im advised to put the player on a training regime to work on his tactical role?? thanks

It's under 'Focus' -> 'Individual Role'. The tactical role is the role within the team, say ball-winning midfielder or limited defender etc.

Look at your performance and game speed - it's half a star, of the course the game isn't going to be able to run. There's no way you'll be able to run a game at any speed with half a star performance, especially if you've selected a large db.

Then why did I have FM2012 with 45 leagues loaded and a large database and started a game in 10 minutes

• Administrators
Then why did I have FM2012 with 45 leagues loaded and a large database and started a game in 10 minutes

You could well be experiencing a system error of some kind. I'd suggest creating a thread in the technical forums here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

I'd also suggest in that thread posting your dxdiag, details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8165117&viewfull=1#post8165117

• Administrators
every time i close the game i get "fm 13 has stopped working"

Yeah it's an issue we're aware of, don't worry it won't cause any problems with your game. Sorry you've encountering this.

Is there anyway to slow dowm the pop-ups that appear on the day to day screens. They seem to pop-up and vanish quickly never enough time to fully read them (speed reading a must!!)

Thanks

K

Am experiencing trouble with my proccessing speeds so did a little test. Started a new game in both 12 and 13 with the same setup and holidayed for one month. FM 12 did it almost 5 times as fast.

All the options in preferences are the same. Am I doing something wrong or is this difference in speed expected?

Encountered my first issue, everything's been smooth so far with the install and setup.

Halfway through the first half of my first preseason friendly against my reserves and the game crashes, a white box appeared saying lots of things I didn't catch except something about "Runtime Error Encountered"?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators
hiIs the new director of football feature available in fm classic mode or is it just the full fm mode?cheers
Both, hope that helps :)

You could well be experiencing a system error of some kind. I'd suggest creating a thread in the technical forums here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

I'd also suggest in that thread posting your dxdiag, details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8165117&viewfull=1#post8165117

Where should I post my dxdiag details

• Administrators
Am experiencing trouble with my proccessing speeds so did a little test. Started a new game in both 12 and 13 with the same setup and holidayed for one month. FM 12 did it almost 5 times as fast.

All the options in preferences are the same. Am I doing something wrong or is this difference in speed expected?

Shouldn't be that much slower, if at all. Can you please try verifying your cache as shown here? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8165123&viewfull=1#post8165123

You guys really like the Match Engine? All i can see is a beach ball doing weird things...well at least there are a lot of differents goals but...

Remember strong winds etc play more a roll now and it's still work in progress :)

You guys really like the Match Engine? All i can see is a beach ball doing weird things...well at least there are a lot of differents goals but...

Are you at the Stadium of Light?

Is there anyway to slow dowm the pop-ups that appear on the day to day screens. They seem to pop-up and vanish quickly never enough time to fully read them (speed reading a must!!)

Thanks

K

PS This only happens when there is no or very slow processing going on, it is ok when processing re message pop-up stay but not when there is no processing just flips and then gone.

In the technical forums I linked first. Go there, click 'Create New Thread', mention your issue and post your dxidag. Many thanks :)

Progress: 75 minutes+ to load 4 leagues, 16 minutes to load up 45 leagues. How does that work, atleast it is working. I used a program to optimize a few things like my RAM and memory and it worked

Yeah one is public and one is for the user. It's supposed to do that, the folders contain different things.
aha i see now, i was confused because it didnt do that on my other pc that has win xp but i only have 1 user account on that

Right, finally got the first match under my belt and it's looking pretty good so far.

I'm playing FMC and so far the DoF is actually shifting players out on loan and sale including out on loan with a future fee agreed. So I'd say that at least in FMC the transfer side of the game is so far working well.

My only concern is that when I put a player in the unwanted list for sale at any price the DoF would have let him go for £0, I stopped that but once the player is on the list you can't change the sell at any price to sell at value. It would be nice to be able to do that from the list instead of removing him and adding him to it.

The ME is looking good so far and one of my DCs got a brace in the match, hopefully that's not a sign of a corner routine problem and just that he's a bit of a beast in the air. I love the little thing of showing the stadium when on pre and post match, it with Director Cam makes me think I'm seeing a match on TV.

Suprisingly my PC actually manaeged to run the ME with all the additonal settings like clouds, supporters and stadium included. I think in FM12 I had to disable them as the ME was choppy.

I also like that (in FMC) when you agree to sign a new member of staff the old one is sacked automatically. At Watford I've only kept Nani as he's doing OK so far and Nick Cox as he's a bit of an academy legend at Watford.

I may start a full fat game and compare the experience to the first pre-match game to see how things go with the new DoF settings.

Dissapointed that instant result appears to just be go on holiday under another name, I thought the idea was that I would pick my team and just got the result with my team, but when you do instant result it picks a different team from the one I picked, really annoying

The colour coding is used to distinguish between players in starting 11, subs bench and outside match squad.

Is there any way to turn it off? To be honest I find it a bit annoying, especially considering that every time you look at other teams' squad the background is all grey...

First impression: FMC's UI is basically unusable, feels like the graphic designers went wild on it, far too much bling with distracting shiny buttons and over the top use of contrast. Regular FM feels a little worse in this respect than FM12 was, but FMC is just on another planet.

The background image on both is horribly distracting, the kind of thing that looks cool in screen shots but isn't the sort of thing I want to use on a day to day basis. I'm sure that you can use a skin to remove it but it really should be an out of the box option to replace it with a nice single colour background.

Loving it so far. The match engine on 13 is running way smoother for me than 12's was. Not sure why, but the match engine in 12 was always a bit choppy. No problems this year though and everything looks great and animations are much smoother. The new skin isn't great, but I don't see why everyone is whining so much. I would prefer a darker one, but I'll just wait for the modders to hook us all up with that.

Challenge mode: Awesome. Really like that you guys included it this year as it has been something I've always wanted added in. Only 4 challenges right now, I assume you'll add more to that? In the final game or in a later patch? One complaint I do have is that for the relegation survival challenge, I really shouldn't be able to pick top tier teams. It negates any difficulty and realism to the challenge when I can just choose Man Utd and they're at the very bottom of the table for some reason. Lock out some of the higher calibre teams from the relegation challenge so it is a bit harder.

I can't wait to get the editor as I don't think I can start my usual career with Wolves until I edit a bit. Bakary Sako is criminally underrated in this game (Stephen Hunt, better!? No way.) so I'll just hold off on starting a career until the full version comes out with the editor so I can fix such silly things.

Good work this year though, SI! Definitely feels like you put a lot more effort into this year's edition.

Was really looking forward to this, however, the game is completely pointless due to the transfer bug. I can see on the board screen that i have money available for transfers but in fact i have £0. As well as this teams are interested in my players (Colback, Ji, Gardner, Bardsley, Kilgallon, Campbell, Larsson and Bramble) however not one team will bid even at £0 therefore it is impossible for me ever to buy a single player. Pathetic!!!!

• Administrators
Dissapointed that instant result appears to just be go on holiday under another name, I thought the idea was that I would pick my team and just got the result with my team, but when you do instant result it picks a different team from the one I picked, really annoying
Can you raise this as an issue in the FMC bugs forum please, it shouldn't be doing this unless you have used a Match Plan for the assistant to pick the team. Also, if there are gaps in your team the assistant will change selection at his discretion to fill the gaps.

Remember strong winds etc play more a roll now and it's still work in progress :)

Wow it´s incredible. I´m playing with Barça and i was seeing the game Xavi pass slow to Iniesta...but at the middle of the race ball move faster and faster and i was thinking Xavi is definitely the best midfielder in the world he create a new pass...slow at first and so fast later.

I´m having a lot of injuries too. Every game is 1 injury or more sometimes.

Incorrect Player Data

As I reported via Twitter, Gérson of Rapid Wien is listed as being on-loan from Botafogo. I believe that his parent club is, in fact, SV Kapfenberg. Rapid also have an option to extend his loan for an extra season although I'm unsure as to whether this option is possible in the game.

Source (poor I'm afraid) - http://www.transfermarkt.at/de/gerson/profil/spieler_161438.html

I'm sure there's something on Rapid's site about the signing but I don't read German and the English bit just mentions that he's joined.

Wow it´s incredible. I´m playing with Barça and i was seeing the game Xavi pass slow to Iniesta...but at the middle of the race ball move faster and faster and i was thinking Xavi is definitely the best midfielder in the world he create a new pass...slow at first and so fast later.

I´m having a lot of injuries too. Every game is 1 injury or more sometimes.

Did you notice what the weather forecast was before you played ?

Wow - first day and 6 pages. People with the "pathetic" angry comments etc. - you've got a Beta of the full game.

It's going to have bugs right up until it's release in Nov. And probably won't have full game until last patch in Mar after final patch.

Chillax with the angry comments. If you find something not working bring it up respectively. Remember you've got a Beta - it's not the Demo, it's not the final game. It's a privilege to have a Beta.

Relax with the angry posts...

I like it so far..... I am missing one thing... the player report system is something I don't like at all ,not enough info.... for example, in FM12 the odd report told you if a player has a low level of consistency... or a high level.... in real life, a manager knows how consistent a player is..... has it been removed or moved somewhere else?

I'm not saying not to bring up the issues, but relax on the auld angry version of it.

SI did a favour releasing a Beta to pre-orderers - be nice is all :)

It's a great opportunity to have feedback implemented to the game - I fear that some good points may be obscured by people posting angrily.

Be constructive.

Couple things for me, still holidaying and restarting for Dafuge challenge 1. Spacebar works fine2. When the game is processing (moving through dates) I can't see what date it is actually on until its finished processing and a whole week has gone by

I've been playing for the past 6-7 hours (I think) and must say FMC has restored my enjoyment of FM. I can breeze through matches in no time, the ME is the most realistic so far (that's not to say it's perfect), I don't have to faff about with interaction mini-games, I can set up training in seconds, I can add players to lists and have my DoF handle things, and best of all I've encountered no bugs thus far. It reminds me of older versions where things were just simple and straight forward, except it feels modern.

Overall I'm enjoying the game. My one disappointment is the 3D match engine which is again terrible. The goalkeepers are an absolute joke. I admit I'm only playing Conference South but they're ridiculous! It's also annoying when my 'keeper is making two errors a game that lead to goals and he ends up getting a 7! There are also still too many goals from set pieces.

Archived