What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

When a player wants first team football and I say something like "I'll try to get you a loan as soon as I can" and he says he doesn't want a loan the next options for me to go on with should have something in the line of "I want to keep you, because I have high hopes for you". The options you have now are either to let him go or tell him he's disrespectful, or put the conversation on a hold.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've all been at work or at university... maybe even at school and thinking about players to sign. My idea is a way to back up your database onto your tablet or phone (if memory suffices) then when you are out, on break at work you can scour your database for players, put them on your shortlist, then when you get back to your desktop or laptop you connect the device to the computer and click upload and those players get uploaded to your shortlist.Its a great way to keep your mind in game without handheld. Now im not knocking handheld but this is an extension of your full time FM game.

Just posted this as a separate thread without seeing the wish list, so here's a copy and paste.

Idea for FM15- Joint records.

For some reason when you look at the records in a league or completion it only ever shows you the first person to have that record. If anyone matches that record it doesn't get counted.

For example:

Premier League, most goals in a seasons currently reads as:

34, Andy Cole (Manchester United, 93-94)

When in fact it should read

34, Andy Cole (Manchester United, 93-94) AND Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers 94-95)

The only way and IN Game player could get on the record board is if they BEAT the record, why not have it so they are up if they equal it too, so it might say

34, Andy Cole (Manchester United, 1993-94), Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers, 1994-95) and Bob Smith (Madeup FC, 2022-23)

**Side note, Bob Smiths achievement would actually be better as he would have done it in a 38 game season, where as Shearer and Cole did theirs in 42 game seasons.

I found this particularly frustrating as I just had a player score in 8seconds in the Premier League! As it was slightly over 8 seconds it was classed as 9 seconds. 9 seconds still beats the current RL fastest scorer Leadley King, who scored for Spurs in 10 seconds. However in game, another player, not in a game I was involved in, scored in 9seconds, so it was his name on the record board when I looked. My guy scores an incredible goal, as fast (possibly a fraction faster, but who knows) as anyone has ever before, but doesn't get his name on the record board. The only way anyone could is by scoring in under 8seconds, which I cant see how that could be done, without just shooting from the KO.

Should be a simple fix that would save some frustration.

**NB.

I don't come on these forums much, but I did around a year ago with a post 'Idea for FM14- Testimonials'. I was SO glad that this made it into the game. If it was as a result of my post, amazing! If it was just a coincidence thanks anyway it's a good addition SI.

This may have been suggested previously and if so I apologise for wasting your time but I was sat at work today, reading the sports news and I spotted an interview with Neil Adams who's just been promoted to interim manager at Norwich City following Chris Hughton's sacking. It got me thinking, could something similar to this be implemented into the game? I.e. I have the choice of what team manager I become. Rather than taking over the first team straight away as we do now, could we start out as the Under 21's/19's manager and work from there; either applying for jobs elsewhere or being promoted within to progress.

I know we have the option to take control of the reserve and youth teams but on top of the first team management you're looking at a lot of in game hours with no real forward movement.

Personally, I always sign young players anyway so I feel like a youth team coach but it'd be good if you were able to bring success to the youth/reserve teams using players already at the club or new players brought in by the computer controlled manager.

An additional feature here would be that you could suggest to your manager that they buy such and such a player and it develops from there.

To me, I don't think it would be too hard to implement, it would just be a case of opening up all teams to be taken charge of and not just the first team but of course, you guys are the professionals and I'm not.

Thanks

I actually agree with this. Would add a new and realistic dynamic to the game.

Don't know if any of these have been posted, so apologies in advance.

-Recommend successor. When you (or and AI manager) resign from a club the board should (depending on your standing within the club) ask you to recommend a successor, ala David Moyes at Man Utd. The board may or may not accept this advice.

-Relationships with other managers. There should be more private chats with other managers. Such as congratulating them on winning a trophy, winning and award or to ask them advice about potential signings. This would also work vice versa.

-Media The relationship with the media also needs to be looked at. Ex-players should become pundits and unemployed managers should be able to do punditry work at a world cup for example. The media should also seek interviews with unemployed managers; with questions like, "What wrong at club X" or "Do you hope to get back in football soon". Retired players could also write autobiographies which slate certain people, and media then ask questions about this.

-Training The training ground is where relationships are really formed between players and staff. There should be an option as to how you conduct training sessions (hard or gentle etc). Video and match reviews on a Monday morning should also be incorporated. Also, players should have arguments and clashes at training as they do in real life.

Manager's don't choose kits, or buy clubs, or really support clubs financially very often. If you want to buy cars then play the Sims instead.

A lot of people it seems to me don't want to play football manager, they want to play some of the other games on the market that introduce all that pish.

If you don't want to have to choose your club's kit for next season, just abstain from any input (I'm sure SI will implement the option).

If you don't want to have to choose your club's kit for next season, just abstain from any input (I'm sure SI will implement the option).

I agree managers don't get a say in kits all that often, but IT'S A GAME! In real life away kit colours don't stay the same year in year out. When you play as a team for over 10 years it can get pretty boring watching the same kits every game. Especially annoying if that kit is awful (Bolton's "infra-red" away kit is particularly horrid, looks like a high-vis jacket).

There should be some kind of way of changing the away kit colours, either the manager picks, or it is changed randomly (by the board) every 2 or 3 years.

I agree managers don't get a say in kits all that often, but IT'S A GAME! In real life away kit colours don't stay the same year in year out. When you play as a team for over 10 years it can get pretty boring watching the same kits every game. Especially annoying if that kit is awful (Bolton's "infra-red" away kit is particularly horrid, looks like a high-vis jacket).

There should be some kind of way of changing the away kit colours, either the manager picks, or it is changed randomly (by the board) every 2 or 3 years.

I'm not sure why kits keep coming up tbh.

Whether SI wanted to do it or not simply put it won't happen due to licence restrictions.

Tactical Improvements I still feel the game needs MASSIVE tactical improvements and tweaks. I think removing the sliders was a great move going forward, but if the game wants to evolve and grow and obviously become the ultimate footy sim, the tactical side needs changes, and heaps of them. More instructions for a start. Example, I wantto tell my strikers to ALWAYS press the opposition GK. Example: I want my 3 forwards to relentlessly press their defenders when they have possession, until the opposition either lose the ball OR comfortably gain possession. Just a couple examples there. I feel I dont have enough control, especially with the pressing in zones. I know it will take a lot of work for SI to improve this side of the game, but I think it is crucial. I at least hope they are working hard on the tactical side of the game.

Second, when watching real life football,you sometimes see the defence of a side squeeze closely to each other where the fullbacks are next to the CB's, leaving space on the flanks. The 4 then move forward pressing the opposition into forcing a pass which eventually is offside. I feel I cant execute this in the game. People will argue to use the shouts, but I still feel I am NOT in control. My team seems to do weird things, and not follow what I say. I am far from happy from the tactical side of the game and how my instructions are depicted on the 3D Pitch.

Media What more can I say. Repetitive questions (Press conferences), Opposition managers etc. Needs to be massively improved or even scrapped. Boring and repetitive. Slows game down if anything. Also, when I win the Premier League, or any league, I want to FEEL special. I want to feel like I actually accomplished something massive for the club. All I get is in the news feed "Fans delighted at Premier League Suprise" or something along those terms. And thats it, roll on next season. I would like it if I get something pop up in my news like "Liverpool shows off EPL title at their home match against Cardiff" and "Liverpool's reputation sky rockets after massive title push". Give us something different. Feels empty after we accomplish something. This area of the game needs to be improved CONSIDERABLY. On pitch celebrations would be nice, or even some sort of Video, or music. Don't tell me it cant be done. Surely it can be improved. For years, all we have had is two lines saying the fans are delighted. This has been the same since CM0102. Horrible if you ask me.

3D Pitch I know the ME is always improving and I can understand how hard it must be to get it perfect or close to. I am hoping for graphical improvements in FM15 and beyond.So far, the stadium lighting is appalling if you ask me. Can we possibly get different types of night lighting? Surely its possible to get different shades. See Pro Evo. White lights, Blue tint etc. Just more variety. Match sounds. Yes, people have argued that they dont play with the sound on etc, BUT...I feel SI have neglected the MATCH EXPERIENCE side of things. Sound overhaul is a must if you ask me. Currently, going into every match, no matter which league you select, whether it be EPL, or the Malaysian Second Division, the match experience feels the same. Dull crowd sounds, pitches look all the same etc. Needs to be improved IMO. Before you all jump on this idea, let me say that I am not expecting this to all happen in one year. I am simply giving ideas which I believe ARE NEEDED in future versions for the game to evolve further.

Liverpool vs Man Utd compared to a Conference game feels the same in terms of match experience.

I can go on and on, but I will leave the rest for SI to work out. I am sure there are some brilliant minds on board, and I have every faith they will drastically improve the game moving forward

My main concerns have been brought out, and I hope SI can take my ideas on board.

Especially the match experience, which ofcourse ties in with the ME itself. 1000's of new animations are needed IMO. And Yes, it still feels the matches are played on an ice skating ring despite SI claiming that it is fine. Clearly its not. Just have a look at how the ball bounces etc and slides after bounce.

Summary

Overall, I just want to feel 'unique' in that I can tell my players to press their defence 'HARD' until they lose possession or comfortably gain possession. Then,we retreat to our shape and conserve energy. Would be an amazing feature or improvement. Just one of many ideas

Defensive Positioning. Have my FB's tuck in and along with the CB's, I can instruct them to form narrow wall and push up when the opposition is holding possession in the middle of the pitch close to the 18 yard line. SI need to find a way to specifically make this happen. The current instructions, shouts and tactical engine do not allow for total tactical freedom, which eventually should be implemented. (Ofcourse over the space of 3-6 years. Not expecting this to happen overnight)

Just a few ideas.

I would like to see all the TV money ie champions league money and now BT.

Clubs being put on the exchange market etc.

Option to appear as a pundit on shows ie match of the day, goals on Sunday & Super Sunday.

Also option to pick hotels for away games & team building days ie family days or golf etc.

I would like to see all the TV money ie champions league money and now BT.

Clubs being put on the exchange market etc.

Option to appear as a pundit on shows ie match of the day, goals on Sunday & Super Sunday.

Also option to pick hotels for away games & team building days ie family days or golf etc.

Hotels? Match of the Day? Golf Days?

WHY?

Practically how would being on an FM version of Goals on Sunday even work?

How would this make playing FM better?

MLS:

Ability to add teams to MLS and keep MLS rules. Also ability to edit MLS structure and keep MLS rules, example adding promotion/relegation, change # playoff teams, etc.

MLS will be adding 2 teams for 2015 (Orlando and NYCFC), then 2 more in 2017 (Atlanta and Miami), and then at least 1 more by 2020 (total 24). We really need the ability to add more teams to MLS and keep MLS rules. FM is released at the end of the MLS season, so we would have to wait until FM16 just to have Orlando and NYCFC in the game - 2 more years when in reality the begin play in MLS next year. Same will happen with Atlanta/Miami and then again with the 24th team.

Thank you.

Realistic Transfers

I've lost count the number of time's I've raised this issue, There just not realistic at all.

I mean I'm going back to FM 2010 AND everytime just before a new version is released I mention this and nothing seems to improve ( I.E Non existent offers regardless of Form/Financial status..etc..etc

I have gone through season after season without an actual bid being made ( I could have X player on an ave rating of 8.00 or more) unless I offer them out and then the offers are so mediocre it's laughable

Please please please can you make the transfers as realistic as they are IRL...EG...All the hype on deadline day...Financially struggling teams losing their star players...more speculation..etc etc

The games fabulous and that's all thats really missing but in a big way cos, Players transfer windows IMO are the most exciting part of the season and the football world weather you support Man U or Stourbridge Town

I agree with people on the transfers side of things. Needs to be seriously looked at.

I WISH AI clubs would make a bid on my striker who scored 50 goals in two seasons for example. A lot of this goes unoticed. This area I supposed correlates with AI squad building and this no doubt needs a massive massive overhaul.

Sounds? For god sake CM4 has better sounds. This area needs to be improved for FM15. I beliebe it WILL make people start playing with sound and potentially get the old school gamers to unmmute their sound. Needs to be rehauled

Coaching badges/education also needs looking at, IMO. If a staff member is "struggling" on a coaching course, as the game puts it, they should come to their manager for advice. He/she can then help them through, as they would in real life.

Back on the topic of media, players should also give interviews after games, and appear at press conferences when they join a club.

I would also like to see managers pick their backroom staff and use them at every new club/nation they join. At the moment, it is a bit inconsistent.

As posted earlier, there needs to be more celebrations after winning trophies. For instance, we should be able to set a date for a parade through the city and a civic reception. If, for instance, we win the World Cup we should be able to dedicate a whole day to celebrations and plan things such as "arrive back on plane", "get on bus", "arrive at reception", each one of these activities should be covered in detail.

I really don't agree with you on number 1. As in, at all. Why would they come to a manager for advice, and not the course staff? The Coaching badges are really a formality that needs to be done incorporating footballing theory and some aspects of coaching, they are not something that a manager will necessarily be better at than his "lower rung" staff, and indeed I'd expect the opposite is often true.

Number 2, perhaps there is some scope for this to be improved, but its already decent in game.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure why kits keep coming up tbh.

Whether SI wanted to do it or not simply put it won't happen due to licence restrictions.

Ah, this is a good point. Could any of the mods comment on this please?

How about removing Player potential Or hiding it

Instead of having a set potential player improvement was based on attitude/Personality, playing time and match performances

Instead you got little hints like "youngster X has been improving exponentially during the last three months should be in first tem" or "X is touted as one of our finest prospects game time will help his development"

Or if you only saw potential after being at your club for a whole season

It would stop players from just buying four star + youngters all the time

This quote is lifted from another thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/390007-Getting-rid-of-Tactical-Familiarity-is-the-best-thing-they-have-done-for-years.

Yeah, my dream is the eventual elimination of the separate full-fat vs classic modes and instead have the implementation a fully modular system where each and every gameplay feature can be toggled on and off in the options menu. Don't like team talks, or media questions, but want everything else? Just untick a checkbox and voila. This is distinct from delegating the job to the assistant manager, which I don't think is a great compromise, the former producing a neutral result instead of the latter's simulated one, which would place the player at a disadvantage when delegating the job. Training, shouts, contract renewals, automatic instant results, all of these could be toggles.

Have presets like 'full', 'classic', and 'light' with some sensible default settings to avoid overwhelming new players and we'd be golden.

I like it :thup:

Facilities upgrades have been touched upon in other posts, such as being able to upgrade more than one level at a time. However, I think there is potential to add some real depth to this by breaking down the upgrades in to specific facilities.

For e.g. when you ask the board to upgrade you get a list of possible upgrades and choose which best suits the clubs needs. For e.g. you request the board to upgrade training facilities, they ask which type of facility you would like to improve (and then say yes or no based on your argument for it):

Indoor 3G Pitch

Cost - £200k

TF Improvement 0.25 Stars

YF Improvement 0.25 Stars

Swimming Pool/Hydro Therapy Facilities

Cost - £300k

YF Improvement N/A

Outdoor 5-a-side training pitches

Cost - £250k

Staff/Player Gym

Cost - £100k

Etc etc, you get the idea. With each improvement the star rating is upgraded slightly until you reach a maximum of 5 stars.

This would add a bit extra to the game, particularly when you manage a very lower tier side and start by building a very basic gym and outdoor training pitch when you can eventually afford it. It could also be expanded to corporate facilities and youth recruitment/coaching.

Thoughts?

How about removing Player potential Or hiding it

Instead of having a set potential player improvement was based on attitude/Personality, playing time and match performances

Instead you got little hints like "youngster X has been improving exponentially during the last three months should be in first tem" or "X is touted as one of our finest prospects game time will help his development"

Or if you only saw potential after being at your club for a whole season

It would stop players from just buying four star + youngters all the time

For what I think is the first time ever, I'm with you.

I know that PA stars are actually PPA stars, but for me it isn't enough

For what I think is the first time ever, I'm with you.

I know that PA stars are actually PPA stars, but for me it isn't enough

Maybe because I'm calm whilst making this post

but yh i think that there are soooo many players that are thought to be Wonderkids but are wonderflops in real life

exaple Robinho, bebe, micah richards (bcoz of injuries and sudden amazig form from zabarleta), quarezma the list goes on

all of them have flopped due to injuries, not enough, games, poor attitude or maybe they are only good for their age.

Anyway the way I see it is that other teams there should only be able to obtain current ability and maybe ,after scouting for months,a inclinations to mental abilities and possible potential

If scouts kno the area more it will take less time and be a little more accurate. If player plays for teams with higher rep or same country more accurate and faster scout reports can be available

This way Players can't take all the wonderkids in the game because it'll be harder to pinpoint them

There should be a penalty for teams claiming to loan a player and give him a high squad status but then dont play him enough this is so annoying and makes me wonder what the point of including squad status when loaning is for

This may of already been picked up on, but the game I've just played, losing 1-0 at home to Stoke with 4 games of PL season to go and 6 points behind Chelsea, I'm in 3rd, lately, a lot of GKs have been given permission to go up for the corner or free-kick that is occuring in the final minutes, but there doesn't seem to be an instruction or button/function that gives the GK permission to get that all important goal, although it's something that has been happening for years, most notably since Schmeichel against Rotor Volograd all them stupid years ago!!

Another one is, when asking to find a feeder club, I'd like to link up with local non-league sides also, but the option isn't there, or even picking a particular club, instead of the chairman coming back with a list of clubs, same if looking for a parent club if your a lower league team!!

What I'd really like:

That every time the GK has the ball you don't have to fear conceding a goal. Really. Somehow this has been getting worse every year. It's reached an unreasonable point.

Are there any threads regarding the patch policy? I'm really tired of the current one but was curious to know what the thoughts of GD (and SI staff) were...

What I'd really like:

That every time the GK has the ball you don't have to fear conceding a goal. Really. Somehow this has been getting worse every year. It's reached an unreasonable point.

Are there any threads regarding the patch policy? I'm really tired of the current one but was curious to know what the thoughts of GD (and SI staff) were...

They are 99% certain to keep their current update policy, because it makes the most sense from a business and development perspective. Feel free to start a topic, but may not last very long since there's not much of a chance of a change.

My addition to the topic - season ticket waiting lists. It's not going to apply to a lot of clubs, but for those that either manage at the top level at the huge clubs, or have built a club up to reach that point, it would be nice to have some statistics as to the numbers of fans who want to attend your matches but can't. The whole stadium expansion and "we do not see the fanbase expanding" messages are a bit cryptic, and it may well be that there is a perfectly sensible calculation going on under the hood to find this. But it would be good to see these numbers, so you can at least have some justification. Plus it's a nice stat to see that your 90,000 stadium could still fit another 50,000 happy fans, space permitting.

Something should be done regarding those green/red arrows when we check if a player had any attribute changes. In the older versions they only appeared when there was an actual change, now it tells us how they're performing in training. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but i think you could either use a different symbol or different colours to differentiate the two situations, because we can't just memorize every single number.

What I'd really like:

There are a lot of situations in game where I expect to concede a goal, but the keeper having the ball isn't one of them. Sorry to say it, but it's your tactics.

There are a lot of situations in game where I expect to concede a goal, but the keeper having the ball isn't one of them. Sorry to say it, but it's your tactics.

Because it isn't reported in the bugs forum and someone from SI hasn't mentioned something about working on it for FM15... Oh wait. :rolleyes:

They are 99% certain to keep their current update policy, because it makes the most sense from a business and development perspective. Feel free to start a topic, but may not last very long since there's not much of a chance of a change.

Fair enough.

What happened to the whole feature of adding a B team at the end of the season? I think you could do it only in a couple of countries like Finland (in FM11? 12?) or whatever and it was added to a lower league from which it could never be promoted from.. Is it still in the game?

It'd be good if this were actually extended to the other countries that have B/II teams like Portugal or Germany. If it wasn't removed that is.

Something should be done regarding those green/red arrows when we check if a player had any attribute changes. In the older versions they only appeared when there was an actual change, now it tells us how they're performing in training. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but i think you could either use a different symbol or different colours to differentiate the two situations, because we can't just memorize every single number.

I would like to be able to see stat improvements on the main profile screen, without having to click on Attributes to see if a player is getting better or worse

Match Engine

• Stop the goalkeeper from walking the ball to the centre circle after conceding
  • Make players much more likely to square the ball when 2vs1 against the keeper
  • Defenders react realistically quicker when a backpass goes wrong, players awaiting a cross realise sooner that they are going to lose possession (currently, they don't react until the opposition player touches the ball, even if he is the closest player to the ball by some distance)
  • Bald players to be bald on the pitch as well (doesn't seem to happen with newgens)
  • Crowd to display banners of Legends, Icons, and Favoured Personnel, and a MANAGER OUT banner when results are bad
  • Pitch Invasions after important games

Contracts

• As good as the 'Lock Clause' option is, I would like the ability to 'Lock Out' clauses such as yearly wage rises as the agent keeps putting it back in every time I suggest terms, and we make little progress
  • Stop the lowliest of youth players from asking for 'Backup' squad status (surely a bug)
  • Ability to see the total cost of the contract (Transfer Fee+ X Years Wages+ Loyalty Bonus but excluding other bonuses (bonii?)) in the negotiation screen

Loans/Feeders

• The ability to change the terms of a loan later on e.g. allow a player to play in cup matches or in a different position midway through the season- for an example of this flexibility, Leeds asked permission to play Sanchez Watt in a cup match against Arsenal in the 2010/2011 season- terms were renegotiated during the loan
  • End of Season loans to finish at the end of the season- not months later when the transfer window is open and I want to sell/tutor players. There is no benefit to players being on holiday at a different club.
  • The ability to ask the board for a specific level of youth/training facilities and division when requesting a feeder club, and the ability to request your board donates to improve feeder club's facilities
  • The ability to recommend players to your feeder club and recommend your feeder club to players (especially youth players who won't quite cut it at your club but will at the feeder). I remember seeing a story about a kid who turned up at Fergie's house with a compilation of his goals-- Fergie let him join the U21s and then got him a contract at Bury or Altrincham
  • Players more willing to be loaned to feeder clubs
  • The ability to add clauses to the 'Future Fee' in loans (especially sell-on clauses)

Hidden Stats and Person Stats

• Make them less hidden. Currently you can only find out the most prominent features of their personality in scout report. Have an option to request a personality analysis from a member of staff, with the accuracy based on thier Man-Management stat. This will be very useful for deciding which players are worthwhile tutors. Display this analysis on a scale of Unambitious, Low ambition, Normal, Ambitious, Very ambitious etc. with all stats. These features are much more transparent than the game makes out- for example just as a viewer I know Suarez is ambitious, disloyal, not injury prone, controversial, dirty, adaptable, consistent, performs well in important matches and is versatile. The game only lets me see two or three of these. A member of staff who worked closely with the player every day would know a lot more than I do from an armchair.
  • Indicate what effect tutoring has had to these stats (perhaps just report on the most significant shifts) once the tutoring ends

Miscellaneous

• Allow the team of the week, month, year to be in a formation which actually reflects who has been playing best, not just trying to cram people into a 4-4-2
  • Get rid of whatever causes players to up their demands when you adjust your budget allocation to more wages. Players/agents should not know your exact wage budget.
  • Player value/interest to be more influenced (distorted) by form than current/potential ability. Players who score 30 goals a season in a lower league should have clubs looking at them, only to be found out later e.g. Adam Birchall set the Skrill South alight, signed by Gillingham, never scored, went back to non-league,

Anyone still reading?

What I'd really like:

I understand what your saying

and the guy saying its ur tactis i can't comprehend how he could be right

there are times when the keeper unnecessarily keeps the ball for ages or runs out of his box and the just kicks it to an attacker

I feel there should be a devepment tab where it has numbers (not arrows) showing how much he's improved over X amount of time

And you can change the time you want to see how much he's developed by much better then looking at just graphs

I would like to be able to see stat improvements on the main profile screen, without having to click on Attributes to see if a player is getting better or worse

You can make attribute screen ur main player screen by changing settings

These are just some personal recommendations for the next game.

First, the AI of club managers needs to be tweaked in regards to transfer fees. I'll give you an example. I'm managing City, and I want to sell Javi Garcia off at current value, 7.5 mil. Euros. I get an offer from Liverpool for...2.3 mil Euros. Next, I try to buy Paco Alcacer from Valencia, offering 5 mil up front and another 10 mil spread over 48 months for a player worth 2.5 mil at time of purchase, an offer which would have been accepted on the spot in real life...only to get my bid rejected like five times and finally get a valuation at around 38 million from Valencia for the transfer to go through. Same goes for an even younger player like Ryan Gould from Dundee. I offer 1 mil up front and 6 mil spread over 48 months plus other incentives and I can't seem to make them budge. Respecting the proportions, this happens to almost any club I take over even for not-so-highly rated players and is very annoying.

Second, the boardroom expectations for some clubs and the lack of communication is frustrating. I have mentioned a bug about this in a separate, older topic I made when I was playing Rapid Bucharest, but in my City game, I sign Volland, Veratti and Wijnaldum in my first transfer window and I have them bitching about the lack of high-profile signings. I can't really go around splashing the cash on Pjanic for 40 million when I have to comply with FFP rules and I'm already 10 million shy of being in the red with my balance, and I can't really have a conversation with my board in which I explain why the lack of high profile signings. So yeah, better or more varied interaction when it comes to the board would be welcome, particularly now that my job moved from Stable to Insecure because of this.

Third, this is a long shot but I've long wanted for the introduction of sponsors. What I mean is, I once played a game called F1 Manager 2001 which had the option to manage the marketing division of your team and negotiate deals with separate sponsors which would then appear on the car on various spots depending on the level of financial commitment. If this was possible in 2001 with some huge names attached, I would love to have the opportunity to customize my team's shirt for next season and to handle more marketing and financial duties. I would like to have the option of changing sponsors which would offer me more money instead of just being notified that I have a new shirt sponsorship for 775K from who knows what company. I think this would greatly impact the level of financial control you get and would help some players manage to stay in the blue for as long as possible. I know this could be a long shot and I don't really know the implications from a licensing point of view for something like this, but it would still be nice to see. Sorry if it's just plain stupid.

Cheers.

There may be issues surrounding rights, but one thing which sits uncomfortably with me and always has done, is taking over big clubs as an unknown (regardless of our pre-sets).

Example. I want to start a new game as Liverpool manager and BE Brendan Rodgers. I want to actually be him, continue as him, without the nonsense of an not true to life change in manager, where I have to use my imagination to justify what is going on.

That would be great IMO.

I'm actually a MU fan so wouldn't want to be BR, although it is slightly more appealing than starting as David Moyes :)

When looking at a staff member's profile, where it says preferred formation, you should be able to click on the formation so it shows you what it looks like, similar to what you see on the tactics screen of a club, because some of the formations are slightly confusing and you never know what position a player would be playing if that staff member managed one of your club's teams.

Also, if you're looking at a preferred formation of a staff member currently at the club, it could show more information, such as the player role and mentality.

This idea would mainly help when choosing staff for your U18 and U21 squad, but it could also help if a player likes to holiday through a career, and leave the formations as well as team selections to other staff members

This joke of a game still corrupts save games. Lost one with City right before playing the Champions League Final in the first season. Sheesh.

and I presume you backed the files up using the rolling file save every game week that SI have given you?

No?

So you have two issues - One is the corrupt save games that the bulk of users don't get and the second is to learn to use rolling save feature.

Archived