Getting rid of Tactical Familiarity is the best thing they have done for years.

I played FM2013 in both modes but preferred classic as it's what FM/CM were at it's best. Now they have removed Tactical Familiarity I am 100% only playing FMC. I wish there was an option for this in the standard game mode. You can actually adjust tactics to suit the game you are playing and change things to tweak out a victory. This is what FM/CM was all about. Best change in FM for years.

x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Alternatively, firstly implementing it in the first and then secondly keeping Tactical Familiarity in FM full version is also the most stupidest decision ever made.

I agree completely, there are alot of things I don't like about the Classic version (I have only just played it for the first time because I got a Vita), but one of the massive pluses is that there is no familiarity. If they just added a few more aspects of the full version into classic (Maybe at the start of the game you choose which parts to have?), I would only play FMC.

I don't even pay that much attention to it in the full version. Focus on training my tactics during pre-season, but if the bars aren't full by the end, I don't care. I don't think it has hampered me much, if at all. I still make the changes, if necessary and it works most of the time too! I can't completely change my formation and play style outside of matches, but I never have to.

Yeah, my dream is the eventual elimination of the separate full-fat vs classic modes and instead have the implementation a fully modular system where each and every gameplay feature can be toggled on and off in the options menu. Don't like team talks, or media questions, but want everything else? Just untick a checkbox and voila. This is distinct from delegating the job to the assistant manager, which I don't think is a great compromise, the former producing a neutral result instead of the latter's simulated one, which would place the player at a disadvantage when delegating the job. Training, shouts, contract renewals, automatic instant results, all of these could be toggles.

Have presets like 'full', 'classic', and 'light' with some sensible default settings to avoid overwhelming new players and we'd be golden.

Yeah, my dream is the eventual elimination of the separate full-fat vs classic modes and instead have the implementation a fully modular system where each and every gameplay feature can be toggled on and off in the options menu.

Excellent idea.

Not sure how technically possible this is, but it has arguably been done in some form for FMC, so it may be possible to extend the separation of modules further still.

Hope you don't mind, but I'm about to quote this (so you get all the praise :D) in the main wish list thread.

Archived