What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Players wanting to leave for bigger Clubs

o This is simple, I want the option to talk to the player and say something along the lines of :

 “Lad, I understand you are ambitious, so are we, I believe we can grow this club to match your ambitions” - If this fails

 “Okay, if you really want to leave then fine, but we will only accept a transfer bid of X-Amount, if your performances are not acceptable in the coming months I will take serious action against you as you are under contract to perform for this football club”

• Competition Expectations

o I’d like the board to send you a message outlining their expectations for this season,

o I’d like to see a discussion with the board on realistic goals for the season. This would need to replace just the league expectations.

• Board Room

o I’d like to see the option to tell the board you will be leaving at the end of the season to take on a new challenge. This could result in several different things:

 Sacking

 Understanding

 Asking to help nominate several replacement candidates

 Asking what it would take to keep you at the club

These are good suggestions. The last one particularly. I miss the 'explination part' of social interaction with board or players.

These (behind closed doors) interactions with the board shouldn't be spread out in the media though.

And to add to the last point of 'new challenge at end of season': a manager should also be able to make his interest in a job (at end of season) known at that point (press conference? 'calling around' (showing interest without it appaering in the media)? Or even to pre-sign a contract, in good understanding with your old/current club.

And now I'm at it: It would be nice to see a summary of my achievements (good and bad moments) in the papers when I leave a club (resigned, out of contract or sacked). Now it's like "o well, manager gone, no worries, here are the new candidates", whether I spent two seasons there or 20, had them relegated 4 times or helped them lift the CL trophy.

Something like this (with some comments from a resignation-interview added):

"Shock goes through Blyth as Ommerson resigns. The long serving manager who joined the club from Felixstowe in 20... has since led the club to promotion on three occasions, the last being the 20../20.. season. Ommerson told Sky he's looking for a new challenge and wishes the club all the best. His biggest achievement was probably lifting the ....-title in 20..Under his reign the club have welcomed crowd favourites as ... ... and .. ..

Ommerson spent €.. on players and staff during his time at Spartans (most expensive being .... for a fee of €..) and earned €.. in transfer fee (biggeste sale ..... for €..). Ommerson is rumoured to join Stafford Rangers."

or this:

"Torquay fans glad to see Ommerson leave. In the wake of a string of poor results, Ommerson was sacked by the Gulls board. Ommerson has only spent 2 seasons at the club after joining from Port Vale in 20.., never establishing a good relationship with the fans. Relegated in his first season... Etc. etc. as above.

It's quite possible Ommerson will have trouble finding a new club at this level, as a result of his Torquay period"

Would also be nice to be asked about the well-being of your former clubs/players every now and then (when they are successfull, or the opposite).

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My one and only wish is a better transfer system for managers.

Enough already with "Sacking Day" in early november and december, with managers switching clubs way too often, despite it being a rare occurrence IRL.

Contracts mean nothing because the easiest (the only?) way to change club is to jump ship mid-season, which is terrible because it doesn't give a sense of closure or of accomplishment...

FM14 needs more caretaker managers or more "sacked at the end of the season" managers to promote a more realistic managerial scenario. We shouldn't get to see Mourinho leaving Chelsea in January to join Man City, while the sacked Pellegrini will take charge at Stamford Bridge the same day.

It just doesn't make sense at all, and it's frankly disappointing we have the same merry-go-round we had in CM2...

Might have already been mentioned, but I want greater control over my reserve team without having to take control of it. I want to be able to tell whoever is managing my reserve team who I want playing and where I want them played. Sometimes I have players coming back from injury and I need them to get fitness back, so I have them available for the reserves, then the reserve team manager doesn't play them!

These are good suggestions. The last one particularly. I miss the 'explination part' of social interaction with board or players.

These (behind closed doors) interactions with the board shouldn't be spread out in the media though.

And to add to the last point of 'new challenge at end of season': a manager should also be able to make his interest in a job (at end of season) known at that point (press conference? 'calling around' (showing interest without it appaering in the media)? Or even to pre-sign a contract, in good understanding with your old/current club.

And now I'm at it: It would be nice to see a summary of my achievements (good and bad moments) in the papers when I leave a club (resigned, out of contract or sacked). Now it's like "o well, manager gone, no worries, here are the new candidates", whether I spent two seasons there or 20, had them relegated 4 times or helped them lift the CL trophy.

Something like this (with some comments from a resignation-interview added):

"Shock goes through Blyth as Ommerson resigns. The long serving manager who joined the club from Felixstowe in 20... has since led the club to promotion on three occasions, the last being the 20../20.. season. Ommerson told Sky he's looking for a new challenge and wishes the club all the best. His biggest achievement was probably lifting the ....-title in 20..Under his reign the club have welcomed crowd favourites as ... ... and .. ..

Ommerson spent €.. on players and staff during his time at Spartans (most expensive being .... for a fee of €..) and earned €.. in transfer fee (biggeste sale ..... for €..). Ommerson is rumoured to join Stafford Rangers."

or this:

"Torquay fans glad to see Ommerson leave. In the wake of a string of poor results, Ommerson was sacked by the Gulls board. Ommerson has only spent 2 seasons at the club after joining from Port Vale in 20.., never establishing a good relationship with the fans. Relegated in his first season... Etc. etc. as above.

It's quite possible Ommerson will have trouble finding a new club at this level, as a result of his Torquay period"

Would also be nice to be asked about the well-being of your former clubs/players every now and then (when they are successfull, or the opposite).

I can only agree with what you have added. Your suggestions would make my suggestions just that much better!

I'd like to see some of the rules that apply to non-contract players being implemented in England. For example, use of the 7 day approach rule. As it stands in the game you can just wander up to a player and enter straight into contract negogiations. This isn't actually how it works, and there are a specific set of rules that outline how non-contract players can be signed.

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Rules_Regs/Rules_of_the_association_pg91-127.ashx/Rules_of_the_association_pg91-127.pdf

On page 17 of that document, it details the regulations concerning approaches to players without written contracts. There are quite nine clauses there, but the critical two that I can pull out are:

• during the current season any Club wishing to approach a Player known to be registered with or having played for any other Club must give to the secretary of each such Club, seven days’ formal written notice of the intention to approach the Player
  • the approaching Club: (A) may not approach the same Player a second time in the same playing season; (B) may approach only one (1) Player at a Club at any time subject to Rule C2(a)(ix) below; and © may not approach another Player at the same Club within 28 days of an earlier notice of approach or acknowledgment

This is massively different to the game, in which bigger clubs can just swoop in and take your players without you having adequate time to react. It would be good if this was built in to coincide with the improved player interactions. For example, how you broke the news to your player might ultimately affect his decision later down the line. For example:

• We've received notification from Club X that they intend to approach you in seven days time in accordance with FA rules. We see you as a important member of this squad, so we'd like to offer you a new contract to show our commitment to you
  • We've received notification from Club X that they intend to approach you in seven days time in accordance with FA rules. We'd rather you didn't join them as we need you in our squad to add depth should we get any injuries
  • We've received notification from Club X that they intend to approach you in seven days time in accordance with FA rules. I don't see you with much of a future at the club, so it might be in your best interest to listen to their offer

Not necessarily the exact wording, but you get the jist. Certainly the difference between the top two might be slight, but might be enough for the player to think he is better off moving elsewhere for first team football if you said the second option. Also, by saying the first option the player might be more receptive to a part time contract rather than non-contract if you're offering a first team squad status.

According to the vision of the FM14 ME (3D Pitch) it seems to me the player 'sliding' is still occuring. Even on the 2D classic it seems much more inferior (Talking about player movement, i.e the dots and 3D players) to CM0304 etc. Not saying the ME itself is flawed, just the movement of the players. Please fix this.

I would like another option in the Holiday menu: holiday until *event*. The list of events would be

* squad registration and squad number registration

* offer for player or staff

* choice of season expectations

* choice of end of season squad break return date

* player requests

* cup draws

* bid for shortlisted player

* contract offered to own player and shortlisted player

So there would be a drop-down menu asking you to choose between

1. return at next event

2. return at selected event(s)

- I just hope the football championships are all updated (with casts straights and rules of the championship)

- Let it be improved and deepened the tactic with new features and more information for us players. That workout is better exploited, can create set pieces for example.

- What the media do much more present, more interaction with the players with the technical as well as their own fans.

- What football is shown as it really is (eg In the Spanish Championship is played over prioritizing technique, talent and more football, "art", while in England the body play, the tactic is much more important as style game. And especially here in South America, the game is much more touches, dribbles, style soccer.

- What has mamis transfers, greater movement in the market, with exchanges of coaches and exchanges of players with an AI game much stronger than that FM 13, with the presidents buying interesting players, strengthening the team in accordance with reality .

- I would love that FM does not consume much memory, the graphics (kits - faces - logos) could be placed in the game without causing conflict or problems in processing, and finally if possible I would like the game would not be seeking improvements in 3d , why is a game manager who likes playing Fifa or PES chart, pro fm is real manager!

Hello! I'm from Hungary. Here are my ideas. 1. When you begin your career, don't have Pro License. What manager have Pro License in his first year?: DD 2. If we want to resigned, we can do this end of the season. I mean what Ferguson do. He said, he will retire end of the seasos, and we can do this too. 3. Appointed, as U19 or Reserve manager, or become backroom staff, and then become manager. 4. and last: We get wage, but i don't no why. We get, and, if we see a match we pay this, or we have Family or someone else, and if we don't get Pro License in first year, we go to course, and we can pay the course from our wage. These are my ideas. I hope you guys think it's not stupid thing. PS: The job interview is very godd idea: DD

When making your manager profile I would like to be able to make your manager have former clubs played for. That way for example say you chose that your manager had a career playing for Chelsea befors becoming a manager you would already have a reputation at that club and therefore more likely to be offered a managerial position.

---Customize an online league, number of teams, teams from different leagues etc

---The biography is very poor. It would be nice that after creating your profile, before you select your team, to "design" a biography very simple: teams you played, number of seasons

FOR EXAMPLE:

Real Madrid - 2000/2004

SPANISH SELECTION 1998/2008

And the other parameters (goals, assists, etc etc ...) the game decide ir randomly always considering what team you played and your past experience (If you are a professional footballer your parameters will be better than if you're semi, if you played in the Madrid when it won the League and Champions to appear it on your biography)

---Receiving congratulations on your birthday of players and coaches that have friendship

---Having the posibility, if you get something important with your team (such as Champions League and Cup), before starting the next season, to open a conversation with the President/Director/Second Trainer

"AFTER THIS SEASON YOUR CHILD CAN PLAY IN YOUTH TEAM WHAT YOU THINK?

• WOULD BE SO PROUD TO MY CHILD PART OF THIS TEAM

• MY SON STILL NOT READY "

Your child will always start as a junior on a team, and if you do not accept the offer because you want your child to start on another team that the possibility of having a child playing never disappears.

Have children every 4-6 years if you are older than 31 years, with a maximum of 3 children.

---By the time you retire, you can not play more with your character, you can being a team president (always randomly by a decision of the game)

---If you accomplish something amazing with a team for many seasons they do you a honor statue (like Ferguson in Machester) or a stadium or football field with your name (like Di Stefano in Real Madrid)

What Id like to see is if you are a good manager that you influence current players when they later go into management and possibly future regen staff aswell.

For example there are loads of recent managers and some of his former players that are hugely influenced by Bielsas approach to the game.

If you liked to play an attacking 4-3-3 and had lots of success it would be cool to see some of your former players take the same tactical approach when they go into Management.

I'd like the option to tell my staff (and agents) to stop suggesting I sign players playing in positions I don't use. It seems like there's a code in place that makes everyone suggest players for positions I am weak in - well, there's a bloody good reason I am weak on full backs when I play 343 thank you!

As I understand it, the game engine has some kind of standard algorithm for deciding homegame advantage. But in real life, some clubs are much stronger playing at home that others. I think SI need to look into these statistics and present a more accurate representation of the advantage of playing at home vs. the disadvantage of playing away.

I'd like the option to tell my staff (and agents) to stop suggesting I sign players playing in positions I don't use. It seems like there's a code in place that makes everyone suggest players for positions I am weak in - well, there's a bloody good reason I am weak on full backs when I play 343 thank you!

Yes, definitely. I'd say the same with CMs.

I would also like to have more control over the reserves, and youth squad, without direct control. Setting up list of players for every position, if first player is availabla he plays, if not second does.

And settings for automatic substitution if injuried / low condition in these matches.

Would be cool if we can actually do something with our salary... like eventually buy a club or something. There we can hire and fire managers, set what we then to achieve every season, set a budget for them, etc.

Obviously it would take a while to get that much money, but it would be fun to keep one save going for soooo long.

Would be cool if we can actually do something with our salary... like eventually buy a club or something. There we can hire and fire managers, set what we then to achieve every season, set a budget for them, etc.

Obviously it would take a while to get that much money, but it would be fun to keep one save going for soooo long.

The problem with this is that the game itself is Football Manager not Football Chairman. I've seen this called for over the years, personally I believe the game can do so much more without this being an important feature.

Please don't take this in the wrong way, I just feel it would be an unnecessary feature as most people don't play more than 10 seasons in one game

---customize an online league, number of teams, teams from different leagues etc

---the biography is very poor. It would be nice that after creating your profile, before you select your team, to "design" a biography very simple: Teams you played, number of seasons

for example:

Real madrid - 2000/2004

spanish selection 1998/2008

and the other parameters (goals, assists, etc etc ...) the game decide ir randomly always considering what team you played and your past experience (if you are a professional footballer your parameters will be better than if you're semi, if you played in the madrid when it won the league and champions to appear it on your biography)

---receiving congratulations on your birthday of players and coaches that have friendship

---having the posibility, if you get something important with your team (such as champions league and cup), before starting the next season, to open a conversation with the president/director/second trainer

"after this season your child can play in youth team what you think?

• would be so proud to my child part of this team

• my son still not ready "

your child will always start as a junior on a team, and if you do not accept the offer because you want your child to start on another team that the possibility of having a child playing never disappears.

Have children every 4-6 years if you are older than 31 years, with a maximum of 3 children.

---by the time you retire, you can not play more with your character, you can being a team president (always randomly by a decision of the game)

---if you accomplish something amazing with a team for many seasons they do you a honor statue (like ferguson in machester) or a stadium or football field with your name (like di stefano in real madrid)

yeah!!! Thats great!!!

One thing I really hope is fixed is players dwelling on the ball. My goalie takes ball near to halfway line then just stands there. Opposing striker runs towards him and keeper doesn't kick it. The striker takes it off him and blasts it from halfway line into net. Absolutely ridiculous how many times my players have done this.

Please god fix the preliminary squad cut down dates for international tournament. It's so annoying selecting 30 players only to send 7 of them back home before you've even played the first friendly.

Pretty happy that you can loan players back where you bought them from now though.

Already lots of good suggestions about the truly key things here, so my two pennies concern the slightly less important "flavour" part of FM: post-match celebrations. It's quite a buzzkill when, after 38-year-old Shay Given shuts out Brazil at their World Cup and leads Ireland to the second round, the teams merely walk towards the tunnel. The engine already has all the scripts for collective goal celebrations, surely it's not difficult to add it at the end of the game, but with the winning team huddling, say, around the man of the match instead of the goalscorer?

I think this was mentioned a couple of years ago: "tabbed browsing." I think it would improve the game a lot. I mean the ability to right or middle click on something (a player, club or whatever) and having that page load in a tab as if on a web browser. I've been wanting this for years!

I think it would be really hard to implement (but possible) but would like to see alternative tactics used. for example, its nearly impossible to play Sam Allardyce style tactics. You can play them to some extent but its a basic form and not accurate to how he gets West Ham playing. Although in fm14 it has been mentioned there has been changes to the tactical side of the game................

Deeper leagues to climb out of (mostly thinking about the UK here).

I'd like to get control of St. Albans again. The Saints need me!

I also would like to mention that I hope the ball stops sliding like a hockey puck upon clearances down the ice... PITCH! I mean pitch! It's not going that fast, but never stops sometimes. That just doesn't happen. :)

I'd like to see a rating for Shot Power introduced somehow. For example, Steven Gerrard's shot power might be 18/20 and someone like John Arne Riise's might be 19/20.

It could come into effect with penalties, short/long freekicks, or just general shooting during play.

Make the "Waiting for next highlight.." windows to sort the players on the field and not only the 11 starters. After making any subs, the sub players are still showing at the end of the list. Would be nice to be able to see all the players on the field while we wait for the next highlight.

If a PS Vita version of FMH was released could it possibly be as detailed as the pc version and if so could there be a feature where you could transfer saves between. For when you commuting or travel without having to carry a laptop everywhere. I think that would be pretty awesome but only if it was possible

I'd love to see the match reports get deeper. At the moment it goes like this:

Benzema opened the scoring in the 24th minute with a placed shot. Messi equalised in the 27th minute with a well-timed close range finish. Ronaldo scored the winner in the 64th minute with a powerful close range header.

It's dull. I don't know if it's a difficulty with translation of lots of lines of reporting into different languages, but atm it's very basic and very boring. Why not mention the player with the assist? Or comment on a clear cut chance being missed, or a team hitting the woodwork? The 'match report' within the ME knows who got the assist or that someone hit the post. The text commentary knows. So why can't the news report afterwards be a bit more detailed?...

Benzema opened the scoring for Real Madrid when he latched onto a through ball from Xabi Alonso to slot past Victor Valdes from 12 yards. The lead didn't last long as Messi poked home a low cross from Neymar just three minutes later. In first half injury time Neymar had a chance to turn the game around but he fired wide from Iniesta's cut-back. Barcelona were denied again in the 55th minute when Pedro struck the crossbar with a header from Xavi's cross. Just past the hour mark Ronaldo made Barcelona pay with a powerful header from Ozil's inswinging corner.

It seems that at the moment the descriptions are very basic, and it makes sense to me that it wouldn't be THAT hard to expand upon and make more immersive and interesting.

I'd like to see a UI designed for a something bigger than a 1024x768 resolution or something. It's 2013 and people have big wide displays, so if not anything else at least the user interface could scale properly for different resolutions. My biggest and probably only gripe if I learned to play would be UI with its small text and very inefficient use of big screen space. The alternative is playing the game with lower than screen's native resolution, which you know makes things very blurry and unpleasant for the eyes. Besides, the game looks ugly and weird when all the texts are tiny and there is so much empty space. Reading and comparing attributes and stuff is much harder when numbers and words are that far away from each other.

How much of the screen is actually used e.g. in these: http://i.imgur.com/NZYR5.png and http://i.imgur.com/ekb9C.png? Or is there some kind of benefit playing like that? Why shouldn't the text be bigger and more filling? I really don't understand.

Compared to something like this: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/371942d1375021450-arrigo-sacchis-4-4-2-high-pressure-attacking-tactic-top-teams-underdogs-fc-steaua-bucharest_-fixtures-schedule-4.png or http://i45.tinypic.com/o8dxf7.png

Make the "Waiting for next highlight.." windows to sort the players on the field and not only the 11 starters. After making any subs, the sub players are still showing at the end of the list. Would be nice to be able to see all the players on the field while we wait for the next highlight.

Its already there, look in the preferences.

This has probably been said before, but I think the way “B teams” work should be changed. At least in Portuguese leagues, I haven’t tried in other countries. For example, I tried playing with Sporting C.P. B and Benfica B and I called up a lot of players from the u19 squad, but when the time to confirm the squad for the championship came they went back to the U19 squad and a lot of my older players were called for the first team. I was stuck with a squad of 6 or 7 players!

On the other hand, if you are the first team coach you can’t send your players to the B team because they will not develop at all! You are better of sending them on loan to other clubs or let them stay in the U19 squad.

Also, if your team has a B squad, you should be able to fire and hire the manager of that squad.

Some Nice Additions :-

1. Now we have job interviews, issues like must have my own staff would be determental on behalf of your ingame character and the games AI managers for managers that always have there own team ie redknapp, hughes, moyes.

2.director of footballs should be your boss and not at everyclub but occasionally this should happen that they come in, and surely when disscusions come up with the board they are present as well. Some may be out to get your job or be looking to return to management sometimes at other clubs and sometimes at your expense ie david pleat and glenn hoddle.

3.Pundits talking about our performance would be nice as well as former players and club legends, ie after a few bad results they could say give time or fire, we should also be given a chance to respond. Players we have managed may come to our defence of stab us in the back.

4.more from fans should be implented to on all matters i remeber when mick mccarthy called fans at wolves mindless idiiots it caused a outrage in the local press.

1. I'd like to know what type of knock a semi-injured-player got, the moment he gets injured. It's hard to determine during a match whether he can shake it off or not. I can imagine leaving a 'bruised shin' on the pitch but immediately substitute a 'torn hamstring'. In FM13 this info is only available after the match, when it's too late and the torn hamstring is worse than when I would have substituted the lad. Or I might have substituted an important player for a no-no-injury.

2. Sort of same goes for penalty's. Its very hard to determine if a penalty is rightly given or not (foul is not replayed), thus the answers to the questions asked about it in the press conference are total gambles. I haven't got a clue if it was a penalty or not, how am I supposed to answer that? I always answer 'Wont say anything that gets me into trouble'.

Will already have this fm 14 player exchange for loan?

I think it had to have a greater share of the crowd, in relation to events throughout the season, same thing with the media.

Certain times throughout the championship in the team is good or bad, events that happen in football.

Player can discuss with staff members.

What about sponsorship, I think it would be cool if we could negotiate, nothing very complex because we love FM and not Fifa manager :)

1. I'd like to know what type of knock a semi-injured-player got, the moment he gets injured. It's hard to determine during a match whether he can shake it off or not. I can imagine leaving a 'bruised shin' on the pitch but immediately substitute a 'torn hamstring'. In FM13 this info is only available after the match, when it's too late and the torn hamstring is worse than when I would have substituted the lad. Or I might have substituted an important player for a no-no-injury.

Im sure this is available during the match by going to the players profile screen although i agree you shouldn't have to do that and there should just be a way of your physio advising you.

I think you should be able to talk to players agents, say you want a winger, instead of going onto the market you should be able to put feelers out to agents to see whether or not they have any players they would like to move on to your club.

I also hope they allow you to "tap-up" players, I've lost count of the amount of time I've wasted bidding on a player, then having a bid accepted, only to be told by the agent that he has no interest in moving to my club, you should be able to speak to the agent beforehand and ask whether or not their client would be interested in a move.

Lastly, when a player refuses to sign a new contract in game and so they'll become a free agent at the end of the season, it would make sense for the selling club to cash in on the player, like RvP leaving Arsenal. In my game the selling club always demand maximum value, which makes no sense when they're demanding £40m for a player on £150k a week, who's unhappy at the club and wishes to leave at the end of the season.

I would love to see retirement become a bit more of an event by adding a little "tribute" when you choose to retire.

I think it would be brilliant if, on retirement, some of your former players/colleagues/rivals paid tribute to your career. There could be a little montage with quotes from different players and lists of notable achievements/trophies. It could even include replays of important goals. This would serve as a nostalgic reminder of all you achieved on longer saves - it would be great to be reminded of some of your top players from 30-40 years previous!

Perhaps the feature could be implemented with slightly different levels of content depending on whether the save game is greater than 5 years/10 years/20 years/etc. If the tribute after 30/40 years had something cool the others didn't, it might encourage people to keep playing.

Anyway, I would love this as it feels a bit of a bummer that you just retire and it's "game over"!

Must have been mentioned, but can we see an expansion of the offer to pay the difference in wages for a player.

1) This is a yes or no offer, can't it be a negotiation screen where you offer to pay some but not all

2) It's one way, why can't I benefit from it when I buy someone as well, i.e. make it part of the final offer screen if not agreed - you make a final offer and suggest they go to their club for the rest.

This was highlighted in my recent game, I made an offer to exchange Daniel Sturridge for Aaron Lennon and offer was accepted. Lennon didn't really want to make the move so I had to offer c£90k a week to tempt him, then Sturridge insisted I pay the diff of £30k a week as Spurs weren't willing to do the same!

Archived