What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. the posibility to buy a player in his last 6 months of his contract if he has already signed with u when his current contract expires( like Tottenham did with Holtby)

2. the posibility to ask the board to allow u to offer a much greater wage to one or two very important players if u have enough wage budget left (like Totti and De Rossi at AS Roma)

3. to be able to cancel a coaching course payed by the club and also coaches should go to courses payed by themselves only if they have high reputation and low qualification

Over the years i've missed a few options in the game that would in essence add more realism to the game.

one of them is:

- Hiring a sports psychologist: Players handle pressure more adequate, mental attributes evolve, penalties will be missed less, decisiveness on important moments etc.

Currently these figures are too much 'set at birth' whilst in reality these things can be learned and enhanced. The football world still has a lot to learn on this area (you can ask any advanced tennis or golf player), but you are seeing that gradually things are changing. City, Feyenoord for example are two frontrunner teams in this area, both recently started training the mental aspects of players.

So long as it wasn't an always positive, quick fix a sports psychologist role would be an interesting addition.

Yeah, to balance it out a bad one would have more of an Eileen Drewery effect...

But then something else would need brought it so it wasn't just big club = good one and small club = bad one, the status quo for scouting.

I have an idea to rectify that but people won't like it so its not seen the light of day yet, I'm also trying to work out how it should work for AI sides without giving too much if an advantage to either human or AI controlled sides.

As someone who lives in Korea, I've got quite into Asian football out here. The playable leagues on the current version of FM just don't reflect the way that the Asian game is progressing. For example Malaysia had a relatively strong league a few years back (when Tony Cottee was playing over there), but nowadays they're not even the strongest SE Asian nation. The inclusion of Indonesia, India etc is obviously fine, but not when its in place of the strongest leagues in Asia. Thailand are an emerging force in Asian club football (with one club reaching the ACL quarter finals this year), and Uzbekistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia (especially them), and Qatar need inclusion. Its been a while since we've seen league changes on FM, but I really think its necessary in Asia now.

Yes indeed. And please include Japan. I know Konami has the rights, but they are just using that for PES, right?

Can't SI just make a deal with the Japanese Leagues?

For Europe: Cyprus, a nation where more and more people are going to play.

For Africa: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Nigeria.

Yes indeed. And please include Japan. I know Konami has the rights, but they are just using that for PES, right?

Can't SI just make a deal with the Japanese Leagues?

Licensing rights can't be discussed too much on these forums, but for the record, Konami has also produced management games in the past, for the PS2- two under the "Winning Eleven" brand (in Japan only), as well as "PES Management" and "Let's Make A Soccer Team", which were both released in Europe. They also produced an unofficial World Cup game in 2010, focussing on the Japan team.

So it seems very unlikely Japan will be coming to FM any time soon, which is a shame.

An option to let the Chairman know that you're planning on retiring/leaving at the end of the season.

That way you won't have to either turn down a new contract and risk getting sacked, or accept a new contract knowing you won't honour it.

The Chairman could still sack you anyway, depending on his personality. But maybe a tad more realism.

Don't make all unnattached players over 28 get staff attributes en masse after a certain number of months unemployed.

If you offer a player out for £0 in January when their contract expires in the summer, at least sometimes, occassionally, some teams should make a bid of £0 and not just a contract offer. (been logging this since before xmas)

I copy a suggestion I made last year here : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/315003-(suggestion)-Possibility-to-save-a-player-s-profile-to-see-its-evolution-easier...

Some people seemed to like it... Maybe SI will too...

I wish I could save a player profile at a point in time to be able to compare it to the same player's profile later ! So it would be easier to see where he improved or declined ! Now, if you want to be able to make such a comparaison, you need to go to the attribute development section and analyse the graphic, group of attributes by group of attributes ! It takes time to understand how you player evolves ! And you can only do that for the players you're managing !

What I suggest is to be able to save a player's profile at a moment in time (say the 1.9.2012) ant then, if you want to, later (say a year later) you'll be able to go on the player's profile page, then on the "comparison" screen ! Here you'll be able to choose, in the list, "this player at (1.9.2012)" ! So easily you'll be able to see how he improved/declined during this year ! You'll see easily his attributes, overview and stats evolution ! Exactly how you would compare him to another player ! I hope I'm understandable...

Don't make all unnattached players over 28 get staff attributes en masse after a certain number of months unemployed.

If you offer a player out for £0 in January when their contract expires in the summer, at least sometimes, occassionally, some teams should make a bid of £0 and not just a contract offer. (been logging this since before xmas)

Agreed with the first, it's one of the most annoying things about FM13.

Please just fix the basics that have been hanging around for years. Things such as the AI at least being able to put together a decent team. The way that this is worked out now simply doesn't work with team balances getting worse season on season. I am fed up with seeing teams that are unable to even field a full squad with players in their correct positions. On my game atm Man. Utd have only 1 left back, no right backs and seven central defenders, none of which can play right back with any degree of skill although three of them can cover for the lone left back. They usually play with a flat back four so it's obvious what needs to be done but the AI is just incapable of sorting it out.

As an idea how about implementing a minimum number of players for each viable position that a team must have, even if the players chosen are not natural in those positions but are able to cover. Couple this with a system that sells off excess players such as three of those central defenders mentioned above and it should solve the issue.

As a couple of new features: Implement the ability to tell a player where they are in the pecking order, like placing a GK as 3rd string so he knows where he stands and doesn't constantly moan about not getting first team football like they do atm if set to backup.

Implement the ability to design new first, second and third kits each season to generate revenue as happens in real life. Make the transfer system fair so that a player who refuses to go to the gamers club because they are not offering enough wages does not then sign for someone else on much less money. Finally, please please fix the ME because as has been stated many times the FM13 version is terrible.

Hello everyone, something I would like to see would be that when a 'Legendary,' player, let's say Totti at Roma, retires, Roma do all they can to keep him 'in the family.' If he wants to become a coach, he coaches at Roma. If he has desire to be a manager, he serves time at Roma (perhaps U20 or reserve team manager) until a team feel he is worth a shot as their manager, or even being groomed as a future Roma manager. If he wants to be a scout, he is given a scouting position immediately. Also, if he retires and has no interest in coaching, he could go on the club directors list, it would be a nice touch.

Another point would be that these 'club legends,' do not count against your number of coaches/scouts ie if you are at your max number and and it's time to sign Totti it will not be cancelled. It is given special dispensation by the board.

There's nothing worse than seeing Totti as a fitness coach at Vitesse:p

You mean before you buy a player you mean? There is a graph showing increases/decreases for players that you have

No I mean you could click on any player in the game and see how their attributes graph has changed over time. It would only really work once you are far enough into a save to see any difference, but I feel it would be a nice touch to see for example how much an injury affected a player

- More participatory media

- More interaction between players and coach

- More news related to the team and fans

- More options related to sponsorship, club finances ...

- Improve the information and options more detaladas the tactical part (as you can create well-rehearsed move), better information from training

- On the 3d of improving individual plays, game body kicks (anything to improve the graph in itself, just the movement)

The artificial intelligence of the game had to do with the teams hire more, I think the transfer market had to be busiest, mainly in South America

- Have more exchanges of players (this business almost does not occur)

- When you win a title must have news celebrations, as well as defeats, the daily club would have to be better exploited by the media

I copy a suggestion I made last year here : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/315003-(suggestion)-Possibility-to-save-a-player-s-profile-to-see-its-evolution-easier...

Some people seemed to like it... Maybe SI will too...

I wish I could save a player profile at a point in time to be able to compare it to the same player's profile later ! So it would be easier to see where he improved or declined ! Now, if you want to be able to make such a comparaison, you need to go to the attribute development section and analyse the graphic, group of attributes by group of attributes ! It takes time to understand how you player evolves ! And you can only do that for the players you're managing !

What I suggest is to be able to save a player's profile at a moment in time (say the 1.9.2012) ant then, if you want to, later (say a year later) you'll be able to go on the player's profile page, then on the "comparison" screen ! Here you'll be able to choose, in the list, "this player at (1.9.2012)" ! So easily you'll be able to see how he improved/declined during this year ! You'll see easily his attributes, overview and stats evolution ! Exactly how you would compare him to another player ! I hope I'm understandable...

Just take a screen-shot.

Dear all,

I was wondering if i could be placed on your football manager 2014 game as I have been signed for Dorchester Town First team last year towards the end of the season. I was never able to make an appearance because I am in The Royal Air Force to and was away on duty.

I am 19 years of age and have come up threw the youth at Dorchester town including the U18's reserves and signed for the first team last year.

I have been a great support and played Football manager all my life and would mean a great deal if I am on next years game!

If you need confirmation of my signing please contact the First team manager Phil Simkin.

Regards

John Ennals

All you need to do now is put in some impressive performances during pre-season to improve your chances of a good CA/PA rating.

Yeah thank you, I will do my best although I am going away with the Airforce again for a short while soon. How will the researchers find this or find out that I should be added to the main data base?

Thanks for your help by the way..

Change entrance fee, with the approval of the board

Communicate with the crowd, asking the presence, support, tranquility and etc.

Create set pieces and lack of corner

Improvement in the tactical part of the game, especially in the matter of appointment

Receive invitations to teams playing in fields Neutrals (eg Brazil play in England)

New stadiums in Brazil and the world

useless to put the keeper and the judge sends back the penalty

one thing i would like to be cut out. is stupid misses say ronaldo missing from 6 yards regularly as well as other big names. free kick takers with high ratings actually scoring for once, for instance baines is like a 16-17 but walker who is like a 14 scores more free kicks :s which is odd. also silly was of losing the ball as i swear player run into each other or something lol just for the matches to be more fluid and realistic i still think the match engine before the change for this year was better as it was less frustrating. next years one best be good. and with all the bugs that have been on this one or fixed during the duration i think next years one should be made cheaper for users because i feel something should only be released if working fine and without glitches. hell i wouldn't mind if it came a month or two later just to make sure it worked properly. Oh and the amount of goals disallowed for anything to do with goalkeeper should reduced because there are too many of them.

Just take a screen-shot.

I think this guys idea is similar to what I said above, I'm not sure who put it up first but I think he explains what I meant better. I really think this would be an excellent addition to FM14 because even though it is quite a small feature it would be pretty useful to check up on player development.

:/...What About Greece and famous club Aek Athens....i stopped playing fm13 only because my team got relegated to Third Division irl(99%). i like this game so much and i cant imagine playing it if my team is not in it .Same goes for many of my friends.....Aek Athens has more than a million fans and supporters in greece..too many fm lovers from greece manage this team...now we w8 for the new season and fm14 ..i cant w8 to manage my team and lead it from the c division to champions league final :)....cant w8 to play for the first time with a sugar daddy president(heheh).So plzzz create the greek national C division subgroup where Aek Athens will participate...make it playable :)..this is not a personal request... as i said before..more than a million fans :D:)!!

Chances are their rep will almost guarantee that they'll get promoted to the 2nd tier after the first season, all you'll need to do is holiday the game for a single season & if you add a summer league you could get away with holidaying the game for a couple of months.

The Greek leagues could be an interest one to follow in FM14.

A good idea, perhaps, for FM14. I want to ask my Board to move a fixture for a day forward or a day behind by the FA. Currently I have a fixture in the league on Saturday, a cup game on Thursday and a fixture in the league again on Saturday. How about asking the nation's Football Association to move the cup game on Wednesday or the League game on Sunday?

People have been complaining that jobs are too easy to get. I actually find that they're too difficult to get. I generally play with teams that are expected to get relegated and therefore a success is very different to winning a league. I think that a managers reputation should include things like keeping a team up that should have been relegated and consolidating them into a top-half team. A manager who has kept a team up when they should have been relegated would be sought after by clubs higher up the league/s. Yet when I apply for a vacancy for a team in the division above who are flirting with relegation I get laughed off.

Hi Si Community,

- We should have more pressure as manager, IRL, managers are under pressure full time, under rumours, specially after end of season.

- We should have more choice of training

- We should be able to see better animations during the match ( it's difficult to notice difference exept with the stats. )

- Better scouting system, with more risk, it seems too easy ( time and way ) to find the best player

- Improve more and more match engine.

- that's it for me in FM 2014.

Must have feature in my opinion:

Default playing role for a player. Go to a player's profile and select that he's a poacher. Now, when you sub him on or put him into the starting lineup instead of your target man (for example) his role will automatically change to poacher. Because you know, having to change roles EVERY MATCH IS ANNOYING.

Must have feature in my opinion:

Default playing role for a player. Go to a player's profile and select that he's a poacher. Now, when you sub him on or put him into the starting lineup instead of your target man (for example) his role will automatically change to poacher. Because you know, having to change roles EVERY MATCH IS ANNOYING.

In real life though you would change your tactics differently against different opponents. If your target man is not doing so well that might be because you are not getting your crosses in for him as you will be playing a more direct game or it could be because he is being marked very well and so you need to change it up and so maybe bring in your "poacher" which means your whole team will have to play on the floor and look for through balls a lot more.

How often do you see coaches talking to the player telling them exactly what to do in each game before the come on? In real life they don't just say right your a poacher go and poach a goal and thats it

I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned by someone somewhere else, but maybe the qualifications thing could be looked at too - possibly by inserting a 'coaching badge' module into the game that would limit the types of jobs on offer...and possibly extend the range of unedited/unmodded playable leagues down a level or two.

There'd be a need to include it as a feature to be turned on or off to allow for jumping in at big clubs though.

rubbish idea II want to manage Arsenal from the start not wait to build my rep frankly I don't care about realism in this area if it gets in the way of me managing the club I love

I would like an option where you can get your custom shout(s) combos to stick. I mean automatically loaded at the start of each match. Too easy to forget. I would also like an option where you can set a individual setting for a particular player, that will stick even if he plays in a position/role that normally does not allow that setting. For example if I have any players that is tremendously good at shooting from distance. I would like to allow that player to shoot long even though I normally have set that position to rarely shoot long. Or a player that is exceptionally good at running with the ball and dribbling. Or vice versa; to not allow players certain things, even though my tactical setup for the position/role normally allows it.

I second this! :D

I like to have some more divisions of Portugal to be able to play with my local team.

But the more important suggestion I will give, I don't know if someone write about that, is on player career history I like to see the player overall stats by season instead of only the league stats or have the following filters:

- Overall

- League

- National Cups

- Non noncompetitive

- European Competitions

- National Teams

That will be a very nice improvement on player career history screen.

I've been saying this since FM06 now.

When you win a title, everybody goes crazy. You get news items, favored personnel status, etc.

When you're supposed to get relegated, and you save the team from it, you get NOTHING. Everybody moves on to next season.

In a game where SI is trying to make sure that things like agents negotiations are as good as they can be (when this is not the manager's job anyway) to leave this out of it for so many editions is just sloppy.

My opinion.

See you all next year for the same comment, for FM15.

T24

Can you take Messi out of the game so other players have a chance at being World Player Of The Year ;-)

Just a joke, real question why are English regens so bad. It's a bit difficult to have a domestic player bias if the ones coming through to replace them are quite frankly terrible. Sort this out please. I've been playing my game for 8 seasons and the quality of English regens has been extremely poor.

Dear all,

I was wondering if i could be placed on your football manager 2014 game as I have been signed for Dorchester Town First team last year towards the end of the season. I was never able to make an appearance because I am in The Royal Air Force to and was away on duty.

I am 19 years of age and have come up threw the youth at Dorchester town including the U18's reserves and signed for the first team last year.

I have been a great support and played Football manager all my life and would mean a great deal if I am on next years game!

If you need confirmation of my signing please contact the First team manager Phil Simkin.

Regards

John Ennals

This guy writes this far too often and in other threads.

John, if you really are good enough to be included on FM14, he shouldn't have to beg to be included.

sorry for my eng.:) i hope fm14 will have more concrete half-time individual team talk according to the player's first half performance and Assistant manager's advices.for an emample, somebody always shoot in the first half, we can command him not to shoot at once and command him pass the ball when he get the ball in the half-time individual team talk

For FM15 my wish is that SI start over.

FMC is a step parallel to the "right direction", but strips out too much in some areas and leaves other stuff in. There is sooooo much glitter on this beautiful but delicate poached egg of a game that it looks like.... I dunno, a WalMart built on the Acropolis built on the Pyramids, built on cave paintings.

It's the cave paintings that were the reason we settled here in the first place. IE, it is the massive database and hugely subtle interaction of variables (players, tactics) that makes FM so damn amazing as a game enterprise. And whilst this core has slowly improved over time (newgens, better league structures and research, PPMs, tactical interface, 3D engine to see it all), all the suburbia built up around it has nearly choked it to death.

I'm all for Mini-Games, in principle, to have flourishing and vibrant alternatives to "playing a spreadsheet" continuously. Even accountants go to lunch after all. However, most of the modules are not good enough even in concept to do anything but choke the life from the game. If there are going to be mini-games like press conferences they need to be as fun as the core game, just with a different kind of fun. If not, they should be bulldozed.

IF you start over SI, maybe you can build up a reverence for the core experience within your development such that you do not issue zoning permits to terrible modules anymore. Yours must be a priesthood of Trappist Kung Fu Shaolin arse-kickingness, not a competition of the pious for the pious about "not going to hell" and "how many angels can fit on a pinhead".

But if you don't start over completely, perhaps you can strip out modules and make them fun and re-insert them only when 8 year olds would rather play them than have to go to school. Some modest measure of non-terribleness at the very least. But I do hope you start over at some point. The parasitism of these modules will eventually kill the enterprise.

This thread is really meant for new feature suggestions or significant changes to existing modules rather than fixing existing faults, existing faults are best reported/discussed in a devoted thread.

This is a module I'd like to see changed: The development module of "new features and keep existing modules". Even the term "module" screams "We will never innovate again, thanks for calling". Every year I hope I'm wrong about that, but I'm like the wolf pups in Game of Thrones still trying to suck at my dead mother's teat. Don't do that to us, KTHNKSBYE. Also, the idea that there must be "New Features" needs to be challenged. "New Features" is not always the answer. Yes you'll snow in a few more sales that way but c'mon, you can't start reading your own propaganda by the bedstand. "New Features" is the ugly sweater you have to wear to Grandma's house (publishers, media). Find a way to not upset grandma and actually keep some friends. Take off the sweater and get your code party on.

Module = Internal Fun Police

-- The fun police will entice an 8 year old to test each module. If they'd rather play with a block of wood or a calculator then the module will not be released. The developer of said module will be slapped with wet noodle for 24 hours and made to play "Egor" in the company lounge. Duncecaps will be provided by an anonymous fan.

Module = Priesthood of Reverent Kungfu Football Poets

-- The Priesthood will protect the delicate glory of the core game from corruption and develop new ways of touching this mystical experience. Suburbanite ideas will be sent packing or fed to the beast until they develop a soul. Nobody is above the authority of the warrior poets.

Module = Example of a fun module...maybe

Just so that I contribute something palatable to sweater-wearers, I was thinking that an alternative way to do player interaction and/or media interaction would be to have an office. You could meet with people in this office and have discussions (entice trialist to sign, plead with journo not to publish pics of you on the sauce, develop good feeling with team captain over a port). In my mind it's a 3-dimensional office where you're mostly sitting behind the desk and the "other" person sits across from you when you have a visitor. Because there are not close-up models of all the players their face could be in shadow (see X-Com council guy who vid-talks to you for example) or otherwise obscured in some humorous way (is reading a paper you have your feet up blocking a view of his face?).

- With players you develop a relationship with them as a mini-game. They can become more loyal to you or to the club or to each other through this. They can become motivated via competition for a place in the squad or helped to settle in the area. There would be several attributes that could be affected here, and subtly (loyalty, willingness to follow tactical instructions, adaptation boost, morale, relationships with other players, dedication to training, interest in coaching, etc..).

- The conversations would be non-linear and a bit unpredictable. As you become stronger as a coach there'd be less chance of making things worse, and it should never be the case that it would be easy to screw things up badly. The idea of this module is that if the human player wants to micromanage a bit they will benefit from that. Maybe you get 5-10% more performance from your squad by talking with them regularly. Perhaps you talk to 4 or 5 players every month and the effect is generalized to the whole squad so it isn't boring-as-hell.

- Instead of being rote or simply player-driven, have the squad players occasionally bring something up that helps us manage our squad like "Boss, Johnny seems really upset about his divorce. I think you should talk to him because he's distracting us in training with his tirades (penalty to training effectiveness and/or relationships)". or "Boss, I know you like Mr. X but he is really slacking off in our Fitness Training (coaches can become disinterested in work with a penalty to coaching)", etc..

- The other side of having the office is to provide an alternate interface to all the damn tabs in the game. You could "reach" for a roster or scout report, or get up and pace around to make a point to a player, or check the media online to see what they're saying about you and your team.

- Speaking of which, "pressure" on you could be simulated with your player's stupidly believing what media say about the team or you or each other. Also you could develop media-handling traits that inhibit you from handling pressure in always the best way. For instance you could slowly become "explosive" and occasionally crumble with expletives under pressure. Your mind-games should "show" to the media who will try to upset you or get the truth despite the party line, etc.. Somehow this "module" needs a bit of fun and vibrance or to be demolished and forgotten.

Module = "Hot Coffee"

- No, not sexytime. Allow Newgens to fight, Tweet, get in car-wrecks, punch the refs, etc.. and then make it easy to mod this so that you can have real players engaging in this kind of thing.

Obviously the game can be fun without this, but I think we secretly wish there were more moments of stupidity from our players. Sort it out with legal and make it so.

Please fix new signing's salaries.

I think fm13 is great, and close to being really amazing, but one thing that irks me is how signing new players is so expensive when it comes to salaries. I feel like to bring in a player who plays at a similar club and is at an average level on your team in terms of quality costs too much. And the reason this is unrealistic is if you look at your current team's salaries (when you start the game), they make sense, yet if you offer those players new contracts, they want loads more money, usually no matter who it is. Or if you have a good player that came this year (already transfer to the club when the game starts, e.g. Giroud to Arsenal in 12/13), and you compare their salaries to a player of the same level you'd try to transfer for, in a similar situation, the existing player would have a much better salary. And it's already been brought up how if the AI were to sign someone, his salary would be much lower than what you offered.

Also I think salary negotiations are to strict. Before it was the opposite, too easy to offer high signing fees/bonuses and bring their salaries down, but now I can barely budge anything. I can offer a generous signing fee to just slightly lower yearly salary and they rarely budge. I've learned to just accept a player's offer now to not waste time, because 99% of the time the player won't accept any changes, it might even cost me more.

Also, please give us some more in-depth statistics.

I'd like to see in the squad page an average of pass success percent / number of shots taken/ number of passes taken etc... per 90 minutes. Even better, make this available league wide for you to see/scout. It would be really cool assembling a squad using this information.

I believe all of those can be added as custom columns, just right click on the title bar of the squad list then>insert column>stats, these fields can also be added to the player search page & scout result pages.

On my squad page I've added player personality, match fitness %, key passes, mistakes, successful tackle %, pass completion rate & shots on target %.

Archived