What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Must have features and potential features:

- Please please please add the ability to lock individual player roles. For example it has always been a nightmare when you bring off a player where they have long shots often because they have a great long shot attribute but the player who comes on has a poor long shots and you have to go into it and change it every single time, why not be able to lock a players individual instructions? Same again if you want to bring off a player who you have made come back and mark the tall player on corners and bring on a player who is 5'4 and they still mark the tall player... It's soooo time consuming.

- somehow make network play for all players as fast as the host. (If possible) it has always been slow for the players who aren't the host.

- keep the offside goal flash (new on fm13) and I think it's a hit! Makes it way more intresting.

- player power: fm12 and 13 have been all a bit too easy and don't show the increase of player power in the game... Try making it impossible to keep an unhappy player, it's always been too easy to give them a promise.

- computer clubs with money should flaunt their cash around more: computer clubs never want to break the bank the same way as I do (this has improved in fm13).

- diving: there needs to be a diving ability (preferred moves) can be a positive and negative, getting booked for diving or winning a penalty.

- player unhappiness: since fm11 I have hardly ever seen personal problems reason come up, this is quite frequent in real football nowadays and I think other specific reasons could be introduced like a player 'cannot settle in London' or 'for family reasons would like to leave'.

- please please please introduce past manager meetings stats: we already have past meeting for the teams but I always like to know how my managerial career has been against a specific manager and past meetings with that manager and with what team. Especially when I have my network game with my 3 friends being in 2043 (true).

- Career threating injuries: introduce retirement injuries, the team gets a insurance payout if it happens (very rare) but can happen.

- introduce manager bonds: better interaction with favourite personel, for example it would be good if you could speak to a player that is your favourite personel to try and get him to join your club on loan or perminant.

- MUST HAVE FEATURE: in future fm's the role of the club chairman should be more involved with the running of the club, for example Chelsea owner can force a transfer or suggest one, depending how u negotiate your contract (like attractive football promise in '13) the chairman can force you to sign a player or suggest to sign. Whereas other clubs they will trust u fully in the transfer market. Clubs that have a new massive takeover, yes the money may be good but there are other demands that come with that. Chairmen may force you to sell a player they don't like or go above your head and buy one or even force a director of football upon you that you must work with. I think this is the way football is going and would make the game even more challenging!

- personalised time achievements: if I have been at a club for say 10 years I would like the game to reward me with such things like the club naming a stand after you.

- stadium names: better stadium names, choosing naming rights for the stadium and other options like that keeping you involved with the new stadium plans.

I have many more ideas but am getting bored of typing.

Thanks and hopefully you have noted a few things down

Tom

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second post.

One thing I would love would be for the advice from my assistant during the games to be based on what is happening in the game. An example is my assistant moaning that my central defender, or my fullback are getting skinned way too often today. Yet the player has a rating of 7.5 and there has not been a single highlight where he gets skinned. I would think that a defender getting skinned all the time would result in a highlight or two?

And that brings me to the performance ratings. Scoring goals is important, but for a defender it is not his main purpose, and as such should be judged far more on how he performs his defensive duties. Now it seems a defender can score 4 own goals and make 3 penalties, but if he scores a hatrick, he will most likely get a 9.0 rating. Perhaps exaggerated, but I have seen defenders have completely horrible games, but get a goal on a corner and instantly go from 5.2 to 8.0 in rating. It is plain silly.

Then there is the news, and press conferences. I swear some of the reporters must be ********. Away game against Chelsea who won the league two years ago, and finished runner up 5 points behind us last year. This year they have come out of the gates all guns ablaze and are undefeated and number one in the league. We draw them at Stamford Bridge in the Capital One Cup. The reporter asks me: Do you think the draw has been favorable as you were drawn against Chelsea, a considerably weaker opponent? No I don't think so.

And Paul Metcalfe (talented regen) has recently returned from an unsuccessful loan spell with Twente. And before that with West Brom. He scored 24 goals and was top scorer in the championship at West Brom, yet it was an unsuccessful loan spell. 17 goals in 29 games for Twente. Unsuccessful loan spell? My question then, is what would be considered a successful loan spell? Because none of my players have ever had one.

The examples of news items, press conference questions, in game commentary and advice that must be generated in a parallel universe because they have nothing to do with the current in game reality are endless. Please fix.

1) Implementing rehearsed set pieces, with some kind of "editor" (player X passes to Y, while Z makes a fake run forward, and Y crosses the ball to the far post where player alpha is waiting)

2) (by Arnoldzhu ) "Ok, how about providing a personal tactics settings function, which is used for saving a single player's player instructions for each player in your squad, so that we don't have to change or tweak slider by slider the player instructions in a tactics screen when a substitution is made, provided the player substituted on has a preset player instructions by us (the manager). And normally for example we can be allowed to configure 3 sets of player instructions for a player, because you might want the player to play in three different positions such as ST(his main position), AMC(second role) and AMR(third role)".

3) make it easier to sell players. It's almost impossible right now.

4) Making it possible to officially delegate the matches to your assistant manager (almost like a chairman).

5) making an inmatch user interface which allows you to issue commands by clicking on the field. Say, you think your left defender is losing concentration - right click on him and click an option like "Pay attention!". The left defender is too forward. Click and drag him a bit back, to issue a command of "back up a bit!". You're seeing the opposition left wing getting too much of the ball - click and drag one of your players towards him to issue a command of "mark him more tightly!". Etc... It would actually feel like being the coach angrily shouting and moving his hands in the air by the sideline lol.

6) making a FMpedia inside the game which explains the mechanics of every concept, like when does aggression attribute kick in, what exactly is the counter attack tactical tick... Not on vague definition, on match engine concepts! Like "the mentality bars are rosen by X ticks..." etc.

7) colors to the ingame stats. Just like the player attributes are colored depending on how high / low they are, the shots / shots on goal / tackles won / etc could be colored to interpret them more easily.

8) (by Silky) 4. Transfers - At the top level the manager simply doesn't negotiate the wage/signing on fee anymore, maybe you could submit a request for say, a left-back and an advanced playmaker with a list of potential targets for each posoition and then the club does it's best to secure your preferred targets? 6. Interview with chairman/directors when moving to a new club, outline your playing style, targets, funds you'd require to reach those targets and the chairman would have his demands like, promote from youth, champions league football or service a massive debt.

9) Make the game far more user-friendly overall. There are way too many obscure concepts. Ex: the pre-match preparation only kicks in the day before the match? Who would guess that? The personality traits, the player attributes real meanings... Tooltips could be added - it would make the game FAR, FAR more immersive.

10) Create a tactics sandbox training session. What I mean is to create a place where you make your players play a match with each other, you choose who plays, how many people play, if they play a match or only set pieces, and then you experiment with your tactic settings. This could or could not have an impact on your players condition %...

11) Make a special kind of full-match view. You can watch the full match, but set a different speed for the "ordinary match events" and those considered "highlights" by the match engine. This way, you can actually view the full match but without wasting like 70 minutes of your real-life time... You can also implement an option to show every time a certain player of choice comes into play - this would be interesting for assessing the integration of a newly signed player, or a backup player performance...

12) Make a low-computer-specs option for the game - one could disable many not-so-important features to be able to have a smoother gameplay on older computers... For example, I only play Portugal first league, and I don't care about the european competitions, the world cups, the european cups, the votes for best player of the year, etc, etc etc etc... Maybe there could be a menu to select the features you're interested in and the ones you want to disable... Some people might want to play this more as a game, not as much as a full-blown worldwide football simulation...

13) Make a way to calculate the mean attributes on your team, on your league, on your opposition, on a cup you're disputing, etc. For instance, I start my career at a lower league club. When I start assessing my squad, I'd like to have some reference as to how good or how bad my players' attributes are IN CONTEXT - compared to the other teams on my league in general. SI could make a whole new tab where one could pick to calculate the means of attribute X on defenders / midfielders / attackers / etc on team Y or in league Z... This would make the game so much more fun and easier to make quality and "non-guessing" decisions.

14) Make "scout next opposition" automatically elaborate a standard scout report for each and every player on that club.

Might have more to come!

Dear SI team:

I have a suggestion that can you improve the player AI associoated with their complaints? For example, under the rule of Chinese Super League, the players under 18 are not allowed to be play the matches. However, some young people with high amibition always feel unhappy and complain they want to play, otherwise they will leave. I feel it's not reasonable and it is a bug. The player shouldn't complain about this because it's not me who don't allow them to play. Can you fix this issue in the next version? Regards!

It's also amazingly annoying when a player is angry he hasn't been sent out on loan because nobody wants him, or angry you won't let him leave but rejects every offer or even mutual termination

X-posted 'cause stuff.

Time for another classic Vicente14 suggestion: Let's go back to how it used to be, where they were just reserve teams that played in the proper leagues.

The problem is that frankly, as someone who manages Real Sociedad every year and needs to rely on the 'B' as a fertile growing space for youngsters, the 'B' team is more of a toxic wasteland now. Noone grows there. This is because of two problems:

1. I have no control over the staff - Of the few there are they're terrible. Really quite poor. As Sociedad 'B' we have two fitness coaches, two scouts, one physio, a manager and his assistant, all bad coaches. Whereas my U19s have 10 U19 coaches and access to the two GK coaches and two fitness coaches. As well as their own physios and fitness coach. The senior squad have 11 coaches including the 4 fitness and gk coaches. If they must have their own seperate coaches then at least let me hire them. If I can't let the game hire decent ones, and a full staff seperate from the 1st team at that. I think it should be out of my hands if there's a Director of Football (that I didn't appoint) but if there isn't then it should be up to me.

2. I have no control over the training - I can't coach players for positions. I can't have a veteran mentor them if they're not in the U19s or 1st team and vice versa since they're treated as seperate clubs and I can't teach PPMs.

It's a shame because every year I get them in Segunda Liga to play a good standard of football but since this change it's been a total waste of time. I'm sure your coders are good enough to get the best of both worlds and have the team treated like a seperate club for the purposes of media etc but let me have control over them because as it stands right now I either avoid it completely and try and use loans or send players there and they rot away.

As an addendum - DoF, it'd be cool if the club could have guys already there who you have to work with, instead of signing players you can ask for types of player or specific ones or one's like ones. Maybe they're good and do it well, get good players cheaply, maybe they're bad and sign people you don't want or not like you wanted or pay over the odds. You could ask for Arturo Vidal and they come back with a 33 yearold former international on 150k a week who can't deal with the pressing game you play. It'd be an interesting dynamic and allow for things like happens at Madrid every single year or at Chelsea when Torres got foisted on AVB by Abramovich. You could argue with the board over it, get him fired if you're cool enough like what Mourinho did to Valdano. Maybe they sell a player that is key to your side but not flash eg Makelele in 2003, or they get a decent offer for a good youngster and decide to cash in without your consent.

To the guy that wants a soundtrack: No.

Might as well make a few bullet points:

Scouting - I set my HoYD to do it or my DoF or whoever it is, doesn't matter. Point is when I say that I want an option to filter out the crappier reports of 3* to 3.5* and below, just not interested. Get them, so I can use them for squad players but don' be cramming them down my throat every day.

Stars - You have bronze, silver and gold. I would like it if they were used. It helps because otherwise they keep changing when it's relative to your club. You got 10 stars if you cont the half stars x by the 3 colours, that's 30 stars. Divide that by 200 and you get one half star for every 6.66 points of CA/PA. That's pretty useful. Obviously you use the quality of the scout to effect the rating so there's still some fuzziness, or perhaos you could get rid of half stars to account for.. well like reality. I don't know how accurate the best scouts out there are, if they can tell the difference between 6.666 points of real life skill or not... This'll help prevent you and me getting some cash and blowing our wad on some 15 year-old kid. Because inbetween buying the child and getting your grubby mits all over them you can grow too much and now the kid doesn't fit you. As it is now you just have to suck it up and take it on the chin. The kid can just live with the lies and disappointment of not being the star he was promised when you bought him.

Asking for stuff from the board and delays - It'd be nice if when I ask the board for a feeder club and select for one to send people on loan and they reject it if I could come back immediately and suggest a different type of feeder club, be it scouting or financial or whatever. It's super disappointing when you waste one and have to wait six months. I've taken to saving before I talk to them.

Interacting with them to get more money for signings should be for every deal, not just ones that the game decides, leave it up to my judgement when to ask and let me suffer the consiquences of a stuff up.

Mentoring - Please show the personality of the player you are asking to mentor too, not just the kid you want to pick.

Training weak foot - Doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

Do you remember last year I had that huge post about academies and you all said it got noted? I know it was too late for 13 but how about 14?

Also allowing the assitant to do match preperation, that's all fine but if I pick to rest before or after a game it gets ignored because he's doing it, weak. I just want him to do the focus based on the reports or whatever.

That's all I can think of right now.

Edit: Oh. The paps keep asking me how I get on with managers. The options seem to boil down to 'I hate him' or 'we're best pals', there's the change subject one but that seems to be more... 'lets change subjects ;)' whereas I'd like I straight up 'I don't really know him' type answer.

Edit2: I offer a player out on loan for no wages and no fee and get no takers. Really? Noone wants a free player for a season? Noone?

Transfer fees - It feels like I always get stiffed basically. Example Griezmann at Sociedad, in my other games he usually moves within 2 seasons for 20+m. I tell clubs to pay that and it's like noway! Here's 12m. Or if somone wants my 5* prospect. AI teams can ask for 20 or 30m, if I ask for that I get laughed out of town. I have a 4* squad player worth 5m. Other players of a similar level go for 15m+, not my guy, I'll be lucky if Madrid come knocking and I get 10m. That's aside from the fact just in general I think the AI doesn't want to sign my players. I let Griezmann's deal run down to one year left and noone put in a bid. Isn't a 24 yearold worth 8m with 1 year left a prime candidate for sale? 15m superstar. Can I have 35m? No, you'll get 20 and be grateful, we'll just go buy that other teams 15m superstar for 35m. Bye.

You should be able to offer different contract lengths,

for example you could offer players a 1 or 2 month contract this would be good for lower league teams with money problems like Portsmouth etc.

Re-gen players from non-league teams should also have higher potential abilities and more of a chance of moving up the leagues to reflect real life, currently players that come through non-league youth systems don't really amount to anything and stay in the lower leagues or retire young.

so you'd get more players like Charlie Austin and Ian Wright etc.

Also players that are released from big clubs should have more of a chance of becoming quality players through good performances in the lower leagues etc.

Teams should also buy players from the quality of their performances rather than their CA again to reflect real life.

Some good ideas from Zanman777. I'll pick out the ones I thought best...

5) making an inmatch user interface which allows you to issue commands by clicking on the field. Say, you think your left defender is losing concentration - right click on him and click an option like "Pay attention!". The left defender is too forward. Click and drag him a bit back, to issue a command of "back up a bit!". You're seeing the opposition left wing getting too much of the ball - click and drag one of your players towards him to issue a command of "mark him more tightly!". Etc... It would actually feel like being the coach angrily shouting and moving his hands in the air by the sideline lol.

I think that this would be hard for the match engine to handle properly and might become way too repetitive for the user.

However, the interface could allow for easy access on the opponent instructions and individual instructions by right clicking a player on the pitch. Change the roles and stuff without all the extra clicks. That's just great. :)

7) colors to the ingame stats. Just like the player attributes are colored depending on how high / low they are, the shots / shots on goal / tackles won / etc could be colored to interpret them more easily.

The match engine decides on the match rating based on the stats (presumably), so it must already know what kind of effect each statistic has on the overall rating.

To color-code this into the stats themselves would be fantastic. Not a jumble of numbers anymore. Instead a jumble of colors that allow you to instantly see if someone is doing really bad at something, how your team is generally doing in each area etc. Very user-friendly.

11) Make a special kind of full-match view. You can watch the full match, but set a different speed for the "ordinary match events" and those considered "highlights" by the match engine. This way, you can actually view the full match but without wasting like 70 minutes of your real-life time... You can also implement an option to show every time a certain player of choice comes into play - this would be interesting for assessing the integration of a newly signed player, or a backup player performance...

I just love this idea. It would be fantastic to see the whole pattern of the game without wasting all that time. I imagine that all the events are already one of 'key', 'extended, but not key', 'full match, but not extended or key' etc.

You should be able to set the speed of all the events individually. Full match - full speed, extended - half speed, key - slightly slowed down. Or whatever floats your boat.

Make a big research on every first division clubs of the world academies, and put even the 14 year old kids on each club's academy in the next FM, so we won't have fake players on the game in the future. And if you think that the database will be huge because of that, make downloadable packs with each nation's academy players, so we can put on the academy players of the nations we want to put in our game. For example, if i want to have a game in spain, i will download from the FM site the pack with La Liga's academy players, and put it on the game, and if i want, some other nation's pack. If you put the 14 year old kids on the game, the game won't have to make fake players even in 2030, because all this players will be young enough to play in the game. What do you think?

No, 2030 I said was wrong. The game won't have to go so far. But in 2025 may become some fake players in the academies, but they won't become professional players because the game will stop in 2027-28, i don't know. Ok, it is a very crazy idea, but i would love to play FM with real players, because in 2020 everything is fake, and that doesn't suit in a very realistic game like FM.

Please make faceinthegame an optional addition.

I find it an incredibly frustrating addition and completely inconsistent with the supposed drive to make the game as realistic as possible.

Thanks.

It is already optional no? I think you can set it to just show the shilouette faces

That's not faceinthegame.

faceinthegame is a list of programmers, researchers, etc who are created as newgens at pre-coded clubs and in pre-coded positions. Search for 'faceinthegame' in your game and you'll find them all. (no spaces)

Players who are usually good - Aleem O'Balogun, Stuart Warren, etc appear throughout my saves and it annoys the freaking life out of me.

Not sure if this had been mentioned already, dont have time to look through the thread! But would it be possible to implement Pay-As-You-Play deals? i.e. No basic salary. Becoming quite commonplace for older players in the championship and below in england.

It should hypothetically be possible.

They are already in the game and are common in BSN/BSS and possibly BSP, where they are referred to as 'non-contract'. So all that would need changed would be the amount of players willing to accept them

At the moment we get a yearly training report, I'd like a similar yearly 'discipline report'. Within this it might say something like 'player X has had an appalling record this season' and be given the opportunity to warn/fine the player (e.g like Balotelli-Man City). Also, possibly be given the opportunity to praise your 'clean' players.

Here is one more for the road.

Players are mentally fragile beings.

I know some players are prone to buckle under pressure. It has been known to happen. But sometimes in FM it is just silly.

First season, I'm at United. We have a 2-0 lead against QPR at Old Trafford. I tell the lads not to get careless. Out of the gates comes my team, and Vidic, Scholes and Giggs are all extremely nervous. Say what? These boys have been around the block, and played some big games, and I have never seen any signs of nerves on any of them. Suddenly at 38, with a comfortable lead at home against a relegation candidate, they get extremely nervous? Might add that this was early in the season, not a last game where we needed to win by 3 goals to get the title or anything like that which might actually add pressure... Laughable.

This consistently happens, a 25 year old with 40 caps for Italy gets nervous with a 1-0 lead against Ipswich at Old Trafford when the league title is already i the bag. As in the game is pretty much meaningless. It is so silly I am having trouble understanding it. Yet somehow he is able to keep a cool head in the champions league semi final agains FCP in Portugal? Ya, that's like a friendly, right? No pressure there...

How about making some players mentally strong and make them handle everything stoically, and then making some players fragile and prone to buckle under the slightest hint of pressure, then letting the rest be, well, normal. As in they might get nervous in a big game, or after they make a huge mistake, but then again, they might not. As it is now, everybody gets nervous and completely collapse after a mistake. Not right.

Oh, and a way to tell my U-18 and reserve managers not to play certain players right before cup games so I can give them some first team experience. As it is now, I have to meticulously plan ahead and promote all the kids to the first team a few days before a cup game to ensure they are available. So a way to add players to a list where the players on said list are not available for reserve or U-18 games withing 3 days or so of a cup game.

All in all I would like the support staff to be more useful than it is currently. The opposition reports are a joke, in game advice is a joke, and you can't ask your assistant to really do anything useful...

Oh and for crying out loud, let me talk to a player and tell him that he is not getting a new freakin contract 6 months after he signed the last one, because his squad status has not changed, and even if he plays a couple of great games, it is just not enough to warrant a brand new contract... There is time left on your contract and there will be no talks now, is fine and dandy, but what it would be nice to be able to explain why there will be no talks now. I mean, if a back up player gets into the team and becomes a key player, I give him a new contract even if he has 4 years left.

A simple one, and one probably already made, but make your freekick takers more specific.

For example, as AC Milan I have Mario Balotelli taking my freekicks because he has the attibutes for it and seems to be scoring pretty regularly from them.

Issue being when I have a freekick from a non goal scoring position, he would still take it. Now I would like the option to have it so someone else would take the freekicks from an assisting position and one for scoring goals.

Having ball boys in the game so I don't have to watch players run around for the ball, maybe a page that shows you out of all your new signings/whole squad who had the highest shirt sales that season/all time

I like the ball boy idea. I think it will eventually come in. remember the birth of football manager...no ref on the pitch, no real detail in stadiums. look at it now. I think ball boys will definately come in2 it but its just a question of when.

I'd like the Scouts page revamped.

Currently - you have to Assign a scout and add filters to the scouting. But you can't adjust it, there's no way to edit that filter, without removing the assignment and recreating a new one.

I'd also like areas that are already being covered by a scout changed to a different colour. Sometimes I have 18 scouts. And remembering if I put a scout in South East Asia is a bit difficult. If the areas already being scouted were changed to a different colour I'd instantly see that.

Also - when you filter the Scout Assignment, to say include 3star potential only - the Screen BLOCKS the part of the screen telling you what countries this scout is familiar with.

To be honest - the whole Scouting and Filtering Scout Reports is an unsightly GUI mess.

I second that. I have 20 scouts. about four scouts retired. couldn't remember who is scouting where because it is not very clear and also im pretty sure that when the league is finished it does not come up on your scouting list so u end up thinking u havnt scouted a particular league. I had to remove all assignments for all 20 scouts and reassign again. so annoying.

Gr8 idea Tyson!

Don't make it classify as being 'Sacked' by a club you leave at the end of the contract. I don't like seeing that I've been sacked when in truth I rejected their contract offer.

And for that matter, allow people to be 'Interim' or 'Caretaker' Managers when accepting a short term deal, I only wanted to manage Celtic for four months and boost my rep by winning them a title, it would be nice if my job was described as that type of role.

A "variable value" for players.

I'll explain what I mean by that. At the moment the AI looks for players based mainly on value & reputation, a players performances have no influence on how many clubs are interested, or what their transfer value is. So at the moment you can have a player who has been signed from a small club into a big league, who has a low reputation, and as a result no matter how well they play they will not attract any interest.

What I want to see is for a players performances to influence how desirable they are. So for example, if a player doesn't have a big reputation when you sign him, if he has a fantastic season with you he will get far more interest from other clubs than he would if he had simply been average.

What I think this would allow would be a much more variable transfer market and one that would emulate real life much better. In the game you would never get things like Andy Carroll being signed by Liverpool for £30m as at that time in the game he didn't have a very high reputation and his value was only around £5m. In the game he might have been signed but it would have been for around £10m at most, however if his value was inflated due to his great last season then the value that would be paid in the game would be higher.

Also, it would see more variety I think. Players that have had a bad season or two would be available for less and so there is more of an incentive to take a punt on a player who has been struggling for form, the trade in youngsters would improve, if you brought in youngster into your first team and they impressed then they would attract interest, and it would make you have to look harder for new signings as if you always just go for whoever has performed best then it will cost you a lot more than you might be prepared to pay.

this needs to happen.

at the game evolves and gets more complicated, i would love it, if the assistant manager would be much more specific with his advice.

lets say i play on comprehensive, i might be watching about 30 out of 90 minutes of football. Sure there might be some things i recognise, but that isnt always the case and as the assistant actually see´s the full game, his advice could be a game changer.

Not only that, but he could actually end up developing the understaning of the match engine and how tactics and shouts work.

Here is one more for the road.

Players are mentally fragile beings.

I know some players are prone to buckle under pressure. It has been known to happen. But sometimes in FM it is just silly.

First season, I'm at United. We have a 2-0 lead against QPR at Old Trafford. I tell the lads not to get careless. Out of the gates comes my team, and Vidic, Scholes and Giggs are all extremely nervous. Say what? These boys have been around the block, and played some big games, and I have never seen any signs of nerves on any of them. Suddenly at 38, with a comfortable lead at home against a relegation candidate, they get extremely nervous? Might add that this was early in the season, not a last game where we needed to win by 3 goals to get the title or anything like that which might actually add pressure... Laughable.

This consistently happens, a 25 year old with 40 caps for Italy gets nervous with a 1-0 lead against Ipswich at Old Trafford when the league title is already i the bag. As in the game is pretty much meaningless. It is so silly I am having trouble understanding it. Yet somehow he is able to keep a cool head in the champions league semi final agains FCP in Portugal? Ya, that's like a friendly, right? No pressure there...

How about making some players mentally strong and make them handle everything stoically, and then making some players fragile and prone to buckle under the slightest hint of pressure, then letting the rest be, well, normal. As in they might get nervous in a big game, or after they make a huge mistake, but then again, they might not. As it is now, everybody gets nervous and completely collapse after a mistake. Not right.

I just hate how sayng 'don't get complacent' is disasterous 9/10. I don't see how it can be negative. It's just a reminder to stay awake but all it does is seem to make the entire squad angry, even if they regularly give up late goals and squander leads and frequently don't turn up against the smaller sides.

Good morning i'm jena360,

i'm a new member in this site and i am a player of FM :))

I have a question:

is possible in FM, 2014, use the profits of career manager to buy a football team?

I'd like :)

the regen kids;

currently playing an online game where graduation day of youth is the big thing as its so easy to spot the 5 star kids, I would like the masking of a youth potential so its released in stages over a 5-7 year period, instead of knowing asap if the kid has a future cause its as clear as day he's 5 star potential from the offset. granted in real life some kids do stand out but the majority of them don't.

Competitive AI teams;

the AI teams not to be so silly, like the above the AI teams get there grads and allow us humans teams just to swoop in and take them without much of fight if any fight, or when dealing with transfers as AI come across pretty lame and in return the humans teams dominate without much ease, like in the case of our current leagues as the AI teams don't even get close to challenging for titles and same in champions league where humans have won something like 18 of the last 20 CL's and in most cases the final is contested by two humans from the same nation, as we've discussed many a times you can play your 2rd/3rd teams in the group stages and romp it without breaking much sweat, most of our biggest wins are carried out in the CL's.

we have teams like Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus and so on just becoming door mats for the human teams.

I'm actually thinking to help SI to make more money...how about beside the main game / FMC, you guys also offer different kind of patches? by patches, I mean something like back to season 2000, Liverpool all stars, MU all stars... etc.. downloadable maybe @USD10... or, as unlockables in FMC... how about that?

I have the same requests since forever...

1) A more realistic manager turnover. The current merry-go-round is very unrealistic, not to mention against the rules/practice in some countries.

It's frustrating to see so many managers getting sacked around november-december and february just to see them replaced with managers who already had a job and quit it to move, often at a worse club.

In real life very few managers jump ship mid-season, so the board in FM should be more careful when sacking their current manager, especially if the UNATTACHED alternatives aren't that great.

2) AI Transfers and development should be more performance-based than a mere matter of a CA+PA+Reputation algoritm

3) Enough already with the players going through moodswings that would make a hysterical woman look stable and balanced in comparison. I see the need to prevent 100 games unbeaten streaks, but as usual the cure was worse than the disease.

Or, if you just can't tone that down, at least provide us better tools to deal with weekly epidemies of "we can't be arsed to perform against a side who's 50 points behind us today... enjoy a humiliating defeat"

4) Do something for the big screen resolution... Now it's a lose-lose-lose situation between low-res full screen, full screen w/ tiny tiny fonts and a poor compromised windowed mode.

5) The whole media module desperately needs a solid reworking. A manager in Finnish leagues won't ever get asked about the Golden Ball award... And there are only so many times we should respond "no comment" about a silly question about a rival manager or about Player X being at the top of his game.

Fewer questions, but more variety and more "interesting" stuff.

Currently it's all a game of "pick the right answer that will not upset the wussies you're managing". Which is, frankly, pointless

For FM14, would it be possible to make the "Opposition Instructions" for goalkeeper's more related to their position.

Instead of the usual Close down, tight mark, hard tackle etc, could we have "target at corners", "hit plenty of crosses", "shoot at from distance", "chase down lost causes" instead? You don't really need an option to tightly mark a goalkeeper or show onto weaker foot, unless it relates to something different when used against a keeper?

For future games (probably not for several years), I think there should be more unpredictable outside influences on your save (wars, corruption, riots, fixed capital, etc.) to make it more realistic. You should also be able to take a more hands-on approach with tactics and training, with specific drills and ability to set passing preferences in player instructions.

For future games (probably not for several years), I think there should be more unpredictable outside influences on your save (wars, corruption, riots, fixed capital, etc.) to make it more realistic. You should also be able to take a more hands-on approach with tactics and training, with specific drills and ability to set passing preferences in player instructions.
Whit? ......Whit?

SI have already said that such nonsense won't happen. Even if they didn't specifically address the specific 'possibilities' you raise, I think they can be covered by the blanket statement.

The training bit - not so bad. But can't you already set specific passing instructions?

As well as being able to seeing a player's attribute progression on a linear graph, it would be interesting to see how their progression has developed on their attribute analysis graph - you could perhaps measure it in 6 or 12 month increments.

Also, I know the amounts are listed in your manager history sections for players bought/sold, however it would be fascinating to see how much your purchases have been sold on for. For instance, if I buy player A for £1m, then leave the club to assume a new position. 2 years later player A gets sold for £20m. Would be interesting to see your financial fingerprint within then game.

A simple one, and one probably already made, but make your freekick takers more specific.

For example, as AC Milan I have Mario Balotelli taking my freekicks because he has the attibutes for it and seems to be scoring pretty regularly from them.

Issue being when I have a freekick from a non goal scoring position, he would still take it. Now I would like the option to have it so someone else would take the freekicks from an assisting position and one for scoring goals.

I'd like to see this also

In the game stats I'd like to see a "Saves Made" which tells you how many times a save-game has been made. Would stop people cheating in coop games.

Go to the FM menu at the top right and go to game status. It's on the top row on the left hand side column(in brackets after the name of the ssave game).

Mine at the moment says...

Game Name; "Posh" (saved 84 times)

this is my idea, I was managing at leeds when the club was taken over and there were reports I would be sacked so the new owners could bring in their choice of manager. I kept my job due to recent performances... This gave me the idea for a feature for the game, if you're unemployed you can be approached by consortium with the promise they will buy the club the current manager will be removed and you will manage them, but you have to do lots of media work in the lead up to the takeover to make the fans want it and you have to represent the owners positively. This can guarantee you a job and you can find the right chairman to work with before you join a club. that's my idea, thoughts?

Go to the FM menu at the top right and go to game status. It's on the top row on the left hand side column(in brackets after the name of the ssave game).

Mine at the moment says...

Game Name; "Posh" (saved 84 times)

I actually found it earlier, felt like a right prat after it! :p

the regen kids;

currently playing an online game where graduation day of youth is the big thing as its so easy to spot the 5 star kids, I would like the masking of a youth potential so its released in stages over a 5-7 year period, instead of knowing asap if the kid has a future cause its as clear as day he's 5 star potential from the offset. granted in real life some kids do stand out but the majority of them don't

The way to go here is to have the scout assess the current ability of a player and then make a prediction on the potential ability. That should be based on his current ability, age, personality and progression rate since the last scouting report. This is how I assess the true potential of the player (providing that the scout has indicated there's room for it PA-wise). The scouts should be completely blind to the actual PA.

The current CA/PA system would work well behind the scenes with some players ceasing development at an earlier age and flopping and some players continuing their development until their later years pleasantly surprising us all.

1) A more realistic manager turnover.

In real life very few managers jump ship mid-season, so the board in FM should be more careful when sacking their current manager, especially if the UNATTACHED alternatives aren't that great.

2) AI Transfers and development should be more performance-based than a mere matter of a CA+PA+Reputation algoritm

3) Enough already with the players going through moodswings that would make a hysterical woman look stable and balanced in comparison.

5) The whole media module desperately needs a solid reworking.

Fewer questions, but more variety and more "interesting" stuff.

1,2,5) I agree completely.

3) Some players should be moody, some shouldn't. This should be very much a personality issue and also a man management issue.

Everyone should be more sensitive and aware about their playing time in relation to their squad status, and about their squad status in relation to their wages/ability, and about the general happiness of teammates. Keeping a large squad happy should be harder and unhappy players useless on the pitch. ;)

Also, the backroom staff should advise you on the moodiness of the individuals, noting you that X has the tendency to be complacent against lesser teams etc. and also warning you when some players are growing disillusioned with one issue or another. All subject to their man management skills of course.

Whit? ......Whit?

SI have already said that such nonsense won't happen. Even if they didn't specifically address the specific 'possibilities' you raise, I think they can be covered by the blanket statement.

The training bit - not so bad. But can't you already set specific passing instructions?

I don't want to blow my own horn nor be an ass, but... I have noted that you, Herbert, tend to comment fairly often in this thread, but often in less constructive manner. I propose that instead of pointing out that people are wrong or that their ideas aren't that good, you'd pick out the ideas that you think are genuinely good, which is what I generally try to do here. Those ideas will then get more attention, which is a lot more useful. :)

Not that it's just Herbert, or that I haven't done the same on occasion.

This applies to everyone including me.

Archived