*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

It still doesnt change the underlying issue, which is in the ME. It still doesnt fix the inherent issue with the formation, its just a good workaround for now. But to use this point to come your original point that many of the problems don't require a new ME is ridiculous, since most of the issues that have been brought up time and again(team defending, bugged throw ins, lack of team pressure etc), cannot be fixed with mere tweaks. So calling them incompetent/lazy is well wide of the mark, and honestly quite silly.

I have never argued that all challenges can be solved by workarounds. What I have said is that some problems could be solved temporarily without resorting to actual changes in the ME. I have always included long-term change of ME in my assertions. As the things are today, I prefer workarounds as solution than the current situation – that is in the short-term. The latter means that I to some extent would be able to enjoy this game while I wait for a complete overhaul of the ME. To say that my claims are silly is exaggeration, and quite irrational in relation to a serious discourse. If the SI can not tolerate this type of constructive criticism, then the fault lies with them and not with me or other customers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never argued that all challenges can be solved by workarounds. What I have said is that some problems could be solved temporarily without resorting to actual changes in the ME. I have always included long-term change of ME in my assertions. As the things are today, I prefer workarounds as solution than the current situation – that is in the short-term. The latter means that I to some extent would be able to enjoy this game while I wait for a complete overhaul of the ME. To say that my claims are silly is exaggeration, and quite irrational in relation to a serious discourse. If the SI can not tolerate this type of constructive criticism, then the fault lies with them and not with me or other customers.

Calling someone incompetent isnt constructive criticism, by any means.

SI deleted my original post. Burying their head in the sand rather than addressing the problem always is a great idea. Back to back red cards for me and a friends keeper lol. But it's ok, it's just an animation glitch and even though it never happened in the previous 1000 played hours, this back to back cards weren't the fault of SI, match engine or anything else.

Ignored again! Here's another bug.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/487752257740043833/3142138B698FAFF2205657AD09EA92AFEF77A4DB/

The Allianz-Arena had the best football match ever with 4 teams playing at once.

We never even had the same attendance strangely. 56k and 15k.

You might want to have a look in the UI bugs forum, this problem might already be mentioned, if it isn't then start a thread & upload your save fie for the guys at SI to have a look at.

Are you using a third party skin? If you are then it might not be compatible with 12.2.

I'm not seeing the issue you've described while using the default dark skin.

I'm using third part skin , yes. But i've tried original skin-same story.

In wich section of bugs forum should i post or look for it? thanks.

Calling someone incompetent isnt constructive criticism, by any means.

If they are not incompetent, and not lazy, what is yours explanation for why they didnt do anything i relation to solving the mentioning problems for the last 4-5 years?

• Administrators
If they are not incompetent, and not lazy, what is yours explanation for why they didnt do anything i relation to solving the mentioning problems for the last 4-5 years?

You have no idea what's been changed internally in the last five years. I can assure you there have been a ridiculous amount of changes in regards to the AI over the last five years. Just because you feel there hasn't been an obvious improvement doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Please show a little bit of respect on these forums as your comments have come across as both rude and ill-informed. Thanks.

Do you have a save game before you were fired? If so I'd suggest creating a thread in the bugs forum and uploading the save game to the FTP so we can take a look. Bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240-Football-Manager-2012-Bugs-Forum

FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276528-FTP-Instructions

Thanks.

Sorry I just checked and I last saved it maybe a month before I was fired so it would be of no value to you. Sounds like other people have discovered the same problem though in the update with regards to being fired too quickly so hopefully some of them will have up to date save games to post.

Ignored again! Here's another bug.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/487752257740043833/3142138B698FAFF2205657AD09EA92AFEF77A4DB/

The Allianz-Arena had the best football match ever with 4 teams playing at once.

We never even had the same attendance strangely. 56k and 15k.

Post about it in the bugs forum then.

If this is from your network game then the cause might be that you're using 'Wednesday & Saturday matchday' & de-selecting 'move matches for TV'.

I'm using third part skin , yes. But i've tried original skin-same story.

In wich section of bugs forum should i post or look for it? thanks.

User interface section. :thup:

You have no idea what's been changed internally in the last five years. I can assure you there have been a ridiculous amount of changes in regards to the AI over the last five years. Just because you feel there hasn't been an obvious improvement doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Please show a little bit of respect on these forums as your comments have come across as both rude and ill-informed. Thanks.

Now you're acting superior and rude, and not me. Every time someone comes with criticism in relation to the job from SI (no metter if criticism is rational), SI try to turn this to be rude and ill-informed claims.

I have never claimed that no changes have been done in relation to ME, so I ask the question about where these allegations comes from. This is strawmen argument, and you know that. What I have said is that nothing has been done in relation to AMs tracking back (a problem that has existed for 4-5 years) and in relation to the problem of formation 4-2-3-1 (which is correct claim - you personaly have admitted this). I have not commented on other things in relation to the ME. So please stay on topic. Thanks.

Post about it in the bugs forum then.

If this is from your network game then the cause might be that you're using 'Wednesday & Saturday matchday' & de-selecting 'move matches for TV'.

This is the feedback thread, I'm giving my feedback. Stop being a defensive fanboy and go play the game.

Since when did trying to be helpful & even offering an explanation about what might be going wrong automatically make a person a fanboy?

@elliot1873, if you do not want help or guidance on the best route to solve a particular problem then you really need to ask why you're posting about it in the first place.

Edit: These feedback threads always end up going in the same direction & it's starting to get very old.

I'm Having a few issues since the patch...

Firstly I'm finding the game hangs alot when coming out of processing to the news screen. I have a very high spec machine not lacking in CPU, graphics or RAM and the game ran all leagues like a dream before the patch

Having the same problem with game hanging... did Brocks advice help you at all with this?

So-nobody have problem with scout reports? Is it bug or not?

Some suggestions? Please?

Out of nowhere I seem to have this issue as well. 30 minutes ago I had no problems, now the scouting reports won't show up on the player page, but it's still viewable from the scouts "report page". I can't remember doing anything in particular that might have messed it up.

Since when did trying to be helpful & even offering an explanation about what might be going wrong automatically make a person a fanboy?

@elliot1873, if you do not want help or guidance on the best route to solve a particular problem then you really need to ask why you're posting about it in the first place.

Edit: These feedback threads always end up going in the same direction & it's starting to get very old.

its always the same mate.

Not read all of the comments but found that I could no longer get a work permit for Romario (17 yo from Vitoria) after the patch but I could in 12.0.4 (didnt update to 12.1) and also could not get one for Kara (first time getting him) so was wondering if this was a bug or not?

I'm not entirely sure if this is caused by the Update, however since installing the update whenever I hold a team meeting ( which is fairly often as morale tends to be rock bottom in my squad) every time i click on one of the options it says the programme is not responding for a while. It does this every time I click on something until the meeting is over and then the rest of the game is fine. It's happened three times now and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Provable bugs should be posted in the bugs forum (with evidence if applicable) there's no harm mentioning them here too though.

Now everybody stop the backbiting or we'll just delete posts which aren't made in the customarily friendly manner:) we expect on these forums.

Just started a new game on the new patch, everything seems to be running ok. The only gripe i have is if a new patch or a hot fix is brought out in the next few days going off the problems people are having i will no longer have the german national side (real players) and will have to start the whole game again and delete the inc files... would i be right in saying this??

No, you just have to be alert, each time the game is updated, before you start playing your saved game, go ahead and re-delete those files, then load your saved game, resume playing.

Then don't have a feedback thread! What is meant to go in a feedback thread? The Allianz-Arena bug certainly isn't one they need the save for ffs.

Stop threatening a cardiac arrest:D I just told you, bugs need to go in the bugs forum AS WELL as getting a mention here, there's plenty of scope for feedback which doesn't involve bugs as well though.

I think the Balotelli & Welbeck issue is a tough one to fix as it's down to the core code used by AI managers to assess the relative abilities of their squad.

Having AI Mancini & Ferguson treating them as first team players would be ideal but if it messes up other areas of the game then IMHO a short term fix would be unwise.

I think the Balotelli & Welbeck issue is a tough one to fix as it's down to the core code used by AI managers to assess the relative abilities of their squad.

Having AI Mancini & Ferguson treating them as first team players would be ideal but if it messes up other areas of the game then IMHO a short term fix would be unwise.

Reasonable point, but Man United only have 3 strikers set in their first team, Welbeck should be in the first team at least but with Man City they have Harry Bunn placed in the first team ahead of Balotelli, he should be considered rotation option at least. I would like to see Sam Hutchinson included in the game as well.

Reasonable point, but Man United only have 3 strikers set in their first team, Welbeck should be in the first team at least but with Man City they have Harry Bunn placed in the first team ahead of Balotelli, he should be considered rotation option at least. I would like to see Sam Hutchinson included in the game as well.

Yeah agree with the balotelli one its odd that 1 you cant even blame it on rep either as balo will be way higher

What does the yellow asterisk mean after a club's name? I assumed it meant in financial trouble since I spent way too much $$$ on Clyde (SPL). But now I have it in International football whle managing Jamaica. I have done absolutely nothing with financed at Jamaica.

What does the yellow asterisk mean after a club's name? I assumed it meant in financial trouble since I spent way too much $$$ on Clyde (SPL). But now I have it in International football whle managing Jamaica. I have done absolutely nothing with financed at Jamaica.

I think it means you have saved a note on them

I wanted to say thanks to the people at Sports Interactive for this new 12.2 patch. I'm particularly impressed with the fact that many last-minute transfers and developments made it to the patch. I didn't expect to see Arshavin loaned out, nor did I anticipate the new manager for Chelsea. I'm also quite pleased with the player attribute changes made. There are always some bugs which remain but I'm also fairly sure that if anything 'catastrophic' is discovered, it'll be sorted out still. Thanks guys, you're doing great! :)

New problem: I decide to reinstall FM12 and now, when I want to begin a new game is missing the possibility to choose the details of the game. I can choose the country/nation where I want to play but, in the next windows, I can't see the next options (ex: first/second league, if I want to play that championship or only to see the details, ecc ecc). What happen and what I have to do?! Thanks

edit: I delete the cache and now everything is working ;)

Is anybody able to tell me what on earth all that gunk is at the bottom of this screen shot is? In asking that though this only seems to be coming up with my assistant managers/coaches yet it seems to be fine with my scouts :confused:

RMjHP.jpg

Also, this may be a silly thing to ask but can anybody tell me if I NEED to download and install the Resource Archiver and Editor as well. This is the first time I've downloaded a game from Steam and any time I have installed from disc in previous versions it obviously installs all that automatically.

re: Balotelli I found changing Mancini's tactical preferences from 4-2-3-1 to 4-2-3-1 Denmark means Balotelli will also be valued as a first team squad player for his ability to play in wide areas, and his loan status goes away.

I think it means you have saved a note on them

Yap, confirmed. The asterisk refers to note(s) saved on that particular player/staff/club/nation. As far as i'm concerned, it has nothing to do with finances.

2 cards are still shown (sometimes) when only one is given.

I've seen two yellow cards next to each other (only one yellow was given in the whole match)

Also there's still the issue with two or three red cards shown on top of each other. When two red cards are shown on top of each other a 2 match ban is given and when 3 red cards are shown a 3 match ban is given.

I've made a fresh reinstall of FM12 on a brand new PC so there can't be any leftovers from previous patches.

Archived