OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

He is small but he is definately not weedy, if he is hard to knock off the ball, then he must be strong. IMO he is one of the strongest around.

I agree - but iits a data issue. I mean theo walcott has 18 for acceleration and pace - obviously that cannot be correct. But theres nothing much we can do!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. Views list in Tactics screen is too long for the list box. 'Attacking Throw Ins ®' is sticking out slightly (at least it is in Windowed mode).

4. Is it really true that only one player can attack from deep?? ... So now it is not possible to make a corner routine where a bunch of players attack the ball from a deep position?? .... reason for changing that??

First impressions are excellent, especially the match engine its dynamite.

However, 2 minor points -

The team ratings and team motivation widgets are slightly different sizes, meaning you cant line them up side by side like you used to be able to. A small annoyance but it does take up more room when you need to display them both side by side rather than have them overlapping.

Also when i position them at the bottom left of my screen, at the start of the next game they have transported back to the centre of the screen. Like i say minor things, but just in case they weren't meant to be like this.

Top effort otherwise.

• SI Staff
if i change the instructions of my tactics, will be reflected on the match preparations? because there is still the same on feedback

If you set one of the match preparation tactics to be "Current", then any changes you make to your current tactic in the Tactics screen (outside of a match naturally) will be replicated in the "Current" tactics set in the match preparation.

So is this demo the finnished article or will there be more changes before release date???

Also is there no way to try this demo on large data base?? theres hardly any players in it... no Fleck, Blaz Perez, Roman Zozulya, Obolo, Cavenaghi etc...

yes ofc the demo is the finished article (excpt patches later on in the year)

no the large database and added nations are for the main game only

If you set one of the match preparation tactics to be "Current", then any changes you make to your current tactic in the Tactics screen (outside of a match naturally) will be replicated in the "Current" tactics set in the match preparation.

i'm talking about instructions, not positions on the pitch ;) if i've trained players to play with a high defensive line, and i decide to put the line lower, the feedback could be negative in the first period, because i've changed the line. is this happening on fm2011?

I am not sure why the interface need to change every year. But I am sure I will get used to it. Also in FM2010 during matches, I had it set to split view (match stats/player ratings) and then the highlights would show in classic pitch view. In the demo, no matter how many times I change the highlights setting to classic pitch view, the highlights show up in my left side split view. I hope it will be fixed in the full version, because I am too lazy to manually switch between classic and split view, and the new 3d highlights look nice so far.

I'm having the same issue as picarddk with the split screen. My left split screen one keeps showing highlights even though I set it to show overview. I have also changed this in my manager options, but still no luck.

Also, there seems to be an issue with asst. manager doing team talks. I have set my asst man to do them but he doesn't seem to bother.

Otherwise, I'm loving the game (even though I lost my first game 6-1)

someone has noticed that?

I noticed playing a game last night... one of my guys was "used to playing a more direct style" so I went and switched his player instruction to manually override the team instruction and have him at max direct passing... that feedback never changed. Not sure how he can play any more directly :p

I have updated every thing on my computer but still when is use these settings i will not go cheers when a goal is scored

View Match: Classic View

Replays: Show: None

Highlight Mode: Only Commentary

I have sound cache set to all

Is that what the game is supposed to do or is it a problem with my computer if so what.

I noticed playing a game last night... one of my guys was "used to playing a more direct style" so I went and switched his player instruction to manually override the team instruction and have him at max direct passing... that feedback never changed. Not sure how he can play any more directly :p

i don't think that it reguards single instructions, but team instructions. i hope that someone of si will re-answer me.

• SI Staff
i'm talking about instructions, not positions on the pitch ;) if i've trained players to play with a high defensive line, and i decide to put the line lower, the feedback could be negative in the first period, because i've changed the line. is this happening on fm2011?

Ahh.. yes. If you have trained players to a certain style of play in the match preparation section and then change to a different style during the match, the players will naturally need to adapt to the new style and it is possible they won't perform as well as with the tactical style they had trained in. This naturally depends on how similar the new changed style it is to the style(s) they have been training and are familiar with. Currently the defensive line setting in itself however is not a separate area of the tactics that the match preparation tracks. The areas of the tactics that the match preparation tracks are formation, mentality, passing style, creative freedom, closing down, marking, tempo and width.

Just started playing the demo with Celtic and noticed that when playing against St. Mirren at home the text is a dark grey colour with a black background when St. Mirren are in possession, makes the commentary very difficult to read.

Also just had a news item about how Celtic fans are confident of a big win in our next match, which is away to Zenit in the CL plkayoff and we are underdogs in the match odds.

i don't think that it reguards single instructions, but team instructions. i hope that someone of si will re-answer me.

well, this issue was specific to that player. I had several others regarding tempo (ie. player x is used to playing at a higher tempo). I didn't bother messing with those. These should go away if you set their player instructions to override the team instruction and do what they're used to, no?

I guess I can understand it being affected somewhat by other players as well. If he's the only one playing at that style, then he's still being affected by the others not doing it. Hadn't thought of it that way.

• SI Staff

This particular assistant manager feedback note during the match is currently only assessed at the start of the match, so it won't update during the match. It is on my list to try and see if this could be checked dynamically during the match after tactical changes have been made.

Ahh.. yes. If you have trained players to a certain style of play in the match preparation section and then change to a different style during the match, the players will naturally need to adapt to the new style and it is possible they won't perform as well as with the tactical style they had trained in. This naturally depends on how similar the new changed style it is to the style(s) they have been training and are familiar with. Currently the defensive line setting in itself however is not a separate area of the tactics that the match preparation tracks. The areas of the tactics that the match preparation tracks are formation, mentality, passing style, creative freedom, closing down, marking, tempo and width.

yes - but this isn't what i mean. i mean: i'll train for 1 month with limited creativity. if 1 month later i decide to change completely the creativity, the feedback will decrease, or will be the same that was with a different creativity?

p.s. thank you for answer me ;)

I really enjoythe demo as ive been playng it fo smetime now, but i have noticed there are alot of players who stats avent really improved also aot of plyrs a valued theameas they were in FM 210, did sigames not bother studying and changing players stats this season?

looks good, but some dodgy data issues: Leeds is the first team i looked at:

Davide Somma and Jonny Howson, arguably our best two players, are god-awful and Somma even starts transfer listed.

On the flip side, Naylor and Collins, two very very average players, are deemed ' good championship players'.

While I am aware this comes down to my ass mans ability to judge CA, they also have better stats than the aforementioned players.

Perhaps this could be sorted out before the game comes out?

Davide Somma and Jonny Howson, arguably our best two players, are god-awful and Somma even starts transfer listed.

On the flip side, Naylor and Collins, two very very average players, are deemed ' good championship players'.

While I am aware this comes down to my ass mans ability to judge CA, they also have better stats than the aforementioned players.

Stick it in the data section?

• SI Staff
yes - but this isn't what i mean. i mean: i'll train for 1 month with limited creativity. if 1 month later i decide to change completely the creativity, the feedback will decrease, or will be the same that was with a different creativity?

p.s. thank you for answer me ;)

The level of familiarity retained from the earlier creativity training depends on how much you change the tactic. Small changes mean you will retain more of the knowledge already gained in the match preparation, whilst changing a tactical setting completely from one end to another means in most cases losing most of the level of familiarity trained earlier.

Somma has only started playing well since the data lock, and Howson wasn't great last season either. They'll most likely be looked at in the January data update. As will Naylor (who has admittedly been terrible this season) and Collins.

Unfortunately, it won't be changed before the full game comes out

The level of familiarity retained from the earlier creativity training depends on how much you change the tactic. Small changes mean you will retain more of the knowledge already gained in the match preparation, whilst changing a tactical setting completely from one end to another means in most cases losing most of the level of familiarity trained earlier.

thank you very much, i understand at 100% ;)

Im very pleased with football manager 2011 so far, The contract negotiations is far more realistic and I like how you dont wast time offering players who arent interested contracts.. Also the match day engine is great, especially when yor playing a small club away, you can see like shops in the background lol...(guiseley away.)

Afew things Im not sure about though is... 1. the skin is awefull. 2. I dont like how stats (shots on target etc) are inclded on the Information > Overview page on the match screen.. just ntidy and too mch information.. 3. I think a lot of players are under-rated like Craig Bellamy £3.6m?? I know hes in the championship but hes a worldclass £10/12m player....

Gotta say, Robert Pires has to be one of the best free transfers I've ever seen in an FM.

robertpirsprofileattrib.png

Great technically, good mentally and still decent physically. It takes a fairly large wage to get him to sign but still a bargain in my opinion.

A bit overrated....I'd say .

OK so for last 2hours I've been trying to play this, only trouble is I get XML parsing error which keeps restarting my system.

I've deleted both Cache and Settings files as suggested in the FAQ thread to no affect. Nothing I have done can get it past the "load quickstart" screen before it crashes. Specs are way above the reccomended and all drivers up to date. Never suffered this problem with FM2010, can anyone help with this?

Cheers.

I posted this around 2PM today, have been trying all day to get this to work trying all known fixes, searching various sites etc to no avail. I have a 7series nividia graphics card, 4GB of ram, quad core processor which ran FM10 great. Have posted in the bugs forum some 6hours ago and I've had no help from anyone at SI which is dissapointing. If anyone can help I'd be more than greatful.

Thanks.

This particular assistant manager feedback note during the match is currently only assessed at the start of the match, so it won't update during the match. It is on my list to try and see if this could be checked dynamically during the match after tactical changes have been made.

So this behaves differently than the "target opposition player" feedback then, as that does update through the game. For example, when I start hard tackling a certain player, that feedback disappears.

Thanks for the response!

Gotha say I'm disappointed with player stats... again! There are several players that are just bizarre with way too low stats and others valued all wrong. I don't understand how you (the creators) can get this wrong every time with your experience. :(

Maybe it's not wrong?

Archived