OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man City, but it doesnt matter who i'm playing as (unless I was an Italian rival) - I could be Stoke making the 100mil bid and its still ridiculous for INter to turn it down

It's not ridiculous. If they don't want to sell him, then they don't want to sell him. You gave them an astronomical amount of cash which they accepted, but he didn't want to leave the club. How is that not realistic?

You're totally ignoring my point and just proving you're a fan boy who will play any old crap as long as it has the FM brand on it - i didn't say I expected Sneijder to leave, what I said was its stupid for him to outright reject talks with a club (whoever it may be) who are offering 177mil for your services, 100mil over the fee Madrid paid for Ronaldo - like any player wouldn't even LISTEN to such a club? This is whats broken, not the fact sneijder would go to city or not idiot

Just because your daft enough to spend that on a player as no bearing on if he wants or will talk to you

Man City, but it doesnt matter who i'm playing as (unless I was an Italian rival) - I could be Stoke making the 100mil bid and its still ridiculous for INter to turn it down

- No Champions League

- Lot's of money at City so you will be held to ransom

- You obviously didn't try and negotiate the transfer fee

- Snijeder is happy at Inter

- Inter do not want to sell

- Lower rep club

- He is probably still on a long contract (possbily recently signed?)

There are probably other factors but there are 6 clear ones that go against you. You are moaning about something that quite frankly isn't a problem. Oh and don't use the word fanboy, it makes you sound pathetic. Go to the flame wars on GameFAQs if you want to use that kind of talk.

It's not ridiculous. If they don't want to sell him, then they don't want to sell him. You gave them an astronomical amount of cash which they accepted, but he didn't want to leave the club. How is that not realistic?

Just read my above points again before speaking, you're completely ignoring what I said

- No Champions League

- Lot's of money at City so you will be held to ransom

- You obviously didn't try and negotiate the transfer fee

- Snijeder is happy at Inter

- Inter do not want to sell

- Lower rep club

- He is probably still on a long contract

There are probably other factors but there are 6 clear ones that go against you. You are moaning about something that quite frankly isn't a problem.

What? There I'm talking specifically about whether Inter would accept 100mil for Sneijder or not idiot! This is like trying to argue with monkeys

You're totally ignoring my point and just proving you're a fan boy who will play any old crap as long as it has the FM brand on it - i didn't say I expected Sneijder to leave, what I said was its stupid for him to outright reject talks with a club (whoever it may be) who are offering 177mil for your services, 100mil over the fee Madrid paid for Ronaldo - like any player wouldn't even LISTEN to such a club? This is whats broken, not the fact sneijder would go to city or not idiot

Don't be such a fool and bandy 'fanboy' around. If you had been here more than 2 minutes and had read any of my posts over the last 4/5 years you would see that I am perfectly capable of constructive criticism (by the way, constructive criticism is not saying 'Inter won't sell me Sneijder I'm not buying this game, thats called whining). There is no way a truly ambitious player would leave Inter for City right now. City ain't winning the CL this year or next probably whilst Inter are definitely in with a shout. Calm down and if you want to listen to people, its not just me there are plenty others, then do so. If not you really are wasting everyones time.

I think the reponces of players etc is been looked at as there are some bizzare ones

wasnt so much the response of the player that i was questioning, but rather the options i had to respond to him that i found wanting.

basically i could say "A" or "A plus" but no option "B"

What? There I'm talking specifically about whether Inter would accept 100mil for Sneijder or not idiot! This is like trying to argue with monkeys

So there are 6 or 7 people (most of whom are good intelligent posters) who are making salient points and you just sit there going 'lalalalalala not listening'? Who's the monkey? :rolleyes:

No you just keep adding diffrent things to the debate your original post was you could't belive inter rejected 100m for Sneijder.. now your just adding other things

Positions – One of my major concerns. Player positions has turned into a confusing mess. In the player search tab a player came up as having these positions in the position column: M ©, AM (RLC), ST. On his profile the header detailing his positions was as follows: Attacking Midfielder (Centre) / M ©, AM (RL), ST. His natural position is AMC and I can tell this from the header on his profile as it occurs first and is not abbreviated. However, there is no indication that AMC is his best position in the player search column, which would suggest his natural position is MC. Another player came up as D/WB/M (L) in the player search, on his profile it became Midfielder (Left)/ D/WB (L). Why are there slashes between his different secondary positions rather than commas like the former player?! Also, in the tactics screen the ST positions are now STCL and STCR, is CR and CL really necessary? We can see where they are on the right hand side of the screen. I'm struggling to see why these were considered improvements :confused:

Match Analysis screen – cant scroll down to see match information and referee information?

1) I think why there is no comma in 'D/WB (L)' is because how loosely associated the two positions are with one another. Have you found any other similar examples with other positions? I can understand why this is confusing however, and will investigate this in any case.

As for why there's no consistency between the format used in the Title Bar and the position column in a player list table, this is because we didn't think it would work as well there given the size constraints. But, again this is something that will be reviewed.

2) Are you on a display resolution of 768 pixels in height in maximised windowed state? Try pressing 'restore down' on the window if you are.

Thanks for the feedback.

Absolutely no need to get offensive. You are asking for explanations and people are giving them to you. Yet you choose to ignore them, if you don't agree or at least come back with proper constuctive counter arguments, go back to FM10 and avoid this topic as you are in the minority of one here.

• SI Staff
Does this new "youth recruitment" feature determine a club's average regen quality? Does it fluctuate based on club reputation?

Yes, "youth recruitment" affects the quality of newgens produced by the club youth system in terms of their potential. Reputation also factors into this though. Also, in the long run it is possible for the "youth recruitment" to fluctuate but it is a more static variable than youth/training facilities, since youth recruitment is not entirely up to the club but is also tied to geographics, club catchment area and general level of talent in the nation/region.

wasnt so much the response of the player that i was questioning, but rather the options i had to respond to him that i found wanting.

basically i could say "A" or "A plus" but no option "B"

Well yeah same again i think its been looked at

Don't be such a fool and bandy 'fanboy' around. If you had been here more than 2 minutes and had read any of my posts over the last 4/5 years you would see that I am perfectly capable of constructive criticism (by the way, constructive criticism is not saying 'Inter won't sell me Sneijder I'm not buying this game, thats called whining). There is no way a truly ambitious player would leave Inter for City right now. City ain't winning the CL this year or next probably whilst Inter are definitely in with a shout. Calm down and if you want to listen to people, its not just me there are plenty others, then do so. If not you really are wasting everyones time.

But to outright reject talks is my problem for the 10th time, not whether he would leave or not..

but the biggest problem is Inter rejecting a bid of 100mil from ANYBODY, it doesn't matter what club I chose to be - its completely unrealistic

and besides the point, you really think any player in the world would turn down 1million a week to play for anyone? If you do then you're delusional, as well as a fanboy

Absolutely no need to get offensive. You are asking for explanations and people are giving them to you. Yet you choose to ignore them, if you don't agree or at least come back with proper constuctive counter arguments, go back to FM10 and avoid this topic as you are in the minority of one here.

Because they're giving answers to questions I didn't pose thats why

But to outright reject talks is my problem for the 10th time, not whether he would leave or not..

but the biggest problem is Inter rejecting a bid of 100mil from ANYBODY, it doesn't matter what club I chose to be - its completely unrealistic

and besides the point, you really think any player in the world would turn down 1million a week to play for anyone? If you do then you're delusional, as well as a fanboy

You try to help and get abused. Your kind aren't needed round here. :thdn:

So, essentially, you just want to buy the best players with a shedload of cash.

There'll be an editor for that.

That's where you're going wrong then, you need to lower your target to something more your own level.

You've been given a plethora of reasons why Sneijder, in real life, wouldn't want to talk to Man City, no matter how much money you threw at Inter.

Here's a real world example for you - did Kaka speak to City when they tried to buy him? No. He politely declined. He just wasn't interested.

The Demo is a quickstart which basically means everyone is playing the same save game.

Similar/identical transfers are likely to occur

Can you elaborate a little bit on the technical background of that? How is the likelihood of similar/identical transfers affected by having the same savegame as a source? Does there exist a general hash key for every save game which influences probabilities and is used for transfers? Or are possible transfers saved in a game long before they're executed?

I have noticed a little bit of that thing in FM09 and 10, where i had to repeat a week or month because of a game crash and in that second time through I mostly saw the same news. That's one thing to accept, but to have a number of 10 or more transfers match exactly is difficult to imagine with any kind of probabilities. One might just get the idea that too much of the computer AI is scripted in order to produce such results.

You try to help and get abused. Your kind aren't needed round here. :thdn:

I don't plan on being "round here" anyway so why even say that, except for being a smug fool? As you can see my post count doesn't insinuate I waste my life all day on these forums like yours does, so take your pettiness elsewhere

If a club is supposedly w illing to pay 175mil for your services, surely you would listen to what they have to say rather than outright reject talks.

I know it wasn't £175mil but remember when Kaka rejected Man City without even talking to them, even though AC accepted their massive bid............so its not un-realistic

That's where you're going wrong then, you need to lower your target to something more your own level.

You've been given a plethora of reasons why Sneijder, in real life, wouldn't want to talk to Man City, no matter how much money you threw at Inter.

Here's a real world example for you - did Kaka speak to City when they tried to buy him? No. He politely declined. He just wasn't interested.

Err he did speak to them?

1) I think why there is no comma in 'D/WB (L)' is because how loosely associated the two positions are with one another. Have you found any other similar examples with other positions? I can understand why this is confusing however, and will investigate this in any case.

As for why there's no consistency between the format used in the Title Bar and the position column in a player list table, this is because we didn't think it would work as well there given the size constraints. But, again this is something that will be reviewed.

2) Are you on a display resolution of 768 pixels in height in maximised windowed state? Try pressing 'restore down' on the window if you are.

Thanks for the feedback.

And thank you for the counter-feedback!

1)Yeah D/WB seems to be the only one using slashes as opposed to commas, which I think, on reflection was also the case in FM10. But when used in this new system it does look a bit messy.

2) Aha! Yeah that has fixed it.

I would be prepared to discuss your problem despite it being the umpteeth time over the last year its been discussed but I have no intention of doing so until you provide constructive discussion and stop acting like a spoilt brat.

Really not liking the new inbox screen :( Much preferred them seperated!

Can anyone from SI tell me if there will be a FM10 skin like there was an FM09 skin last year?

I thought that at first, but it grows on you.

Once you get used to it, it's much better than FM10's. It keeps you more upto date with whats going on in the game world. :thup:

Can you elaborate a little bit on the technical background of that? How is the likelihood of similar/identical transfers affected by having the same savegame as a source? Does there exist a general hash key for every save game which influences probabilities and is used for transfers? Or are possible transfers saved in a game long before they're executed?

I have noticed a little bit of that thing in FM09 and 10, where i had to repeat a week or month because of a game crash and in that second time through I mostly saw the same news. That's one thing to accept, but to have a number of 10 or more transfers match exactly is difficult to imagine with any kind of probabilities. One might just get the idea that too much of the computer AI is scripted in order to produce such results.

AI Managers have shortlists the same way you can in the game. These shortlists I believe are calculated when the game is first started and for each subsequent transfer window. As the quickstart is in effect a savegame, the shortlists AI managers have is the same for everyone with the demo. Hence why everyone with the demo will see some similar transfer movement. In the full retail version this won't be the case because everyone will have their own savegames and AI managers will have different shortlists.

I don't plan on being "round here" anyway so why even say that, except for being a smug fool? As you can see my post count doesn't insinuate I waste my life all day on these forums like yours does, so take your pettiness elsewhere

Yawn. Anything original to try and insult me with?

Kaka did have talks with man city but rejected them in the end, thus proving all you fanboys wrong.. way to go, idiots!

I'm going out anyway, bye

Well take care and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Archived