OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I may pass this year and wait for FM2012, it feels very much like FM2010 with patch update. A couple of points.

1 - I think someone has applied far too much polish and removed any hint of colour, except for those awful speech bubbles. What happened to the dark skin ?

2 - Once again manager history has been ignored despite many requests on these forums. Come on SI what would it take to improve this area.

3 - Player animation is poor with many players legs staying still and floating accross the pitch.

4 - Why on my first press conference did I have to answer 10 questions and I could not end it unless I stormed out. And also the questions were exactly the same as last year. Still a very poor feature.

5 - The all new set piece creator seems a little difficult to find at the start and I found it by mistake.

On a plus side

1 - I won my first 3 games

2 - The boardroom interaction is much better, esp the information about staff such as how many of each you are allowed.

Overall a little let down, if this is what we have to show for 12 months hard work a few bolt on features and a database update, I think this is FM2010 v4.

There are a couple of things I just noticed in my last friendly that I don't think I saw in Fm10.

The keepers occasionally take that little run on the spot before taking their run up to a goal kick and the keeper walks around the goal to get to a ball behind it.

The TV view may take some getting used to, but I'll give it a try during the demo. I also saw the offside lines and they look to be a great addition.

the game is awesome i thought for a laugh id be man city i am never them they gave me 74 mil to spend and i end up spending 158 mil 81 for fabregas but could go up to 120 million ahaha and the chairman just let me do it he said i had enough money so i said he lacks ambition and then he gave me the money to buy him :D

Found my first bug.. and its ****ing me off

you can't view players in any reserve teams. its just black, the players dont appear in the 1st Team Squad or the Youth Team squad.. only way you can find them is by searching for them

For example.. Craig Eastmond

Not in the reserve team..

2u4u249.jpg

but after searching him.. he is..

245y5pu.jpg

its the same for EVERY play listed in any teams reserve squad

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230579-FM11-Demo-Can-t-View-other-teams-reserves.

Posted in the Bug Forum.. no reply yet

you can't view players in any reserve teams. its just black, the players dont appear in the 1st Team Squad or the Youth Team squad.. only way you can find them is by searching for them

2u4u249.jpg

245y5pu.jpg

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230579-FM11-Demo-Can-t-View-other-teams-reserves.

mine works fine :D i can see all my reserves and youth

2u4u249.jpg

245y5pu.jpg

you filtered it out =_=

My main problem with the game is that there is just an information overload. 2 things that come to mind is the match information screen. It was fine before and now looks pretty poor with the yellow cards listed on it now. There's no need for it. A better way would be to have a little drop down menu on there called 'yellow cards' and by clicking on that you can see. Another is the news screen. I just do not like it, the news items on the left are too big for my liking, and the middle column doesn't make use of the space provided. For example, a reserves/U18s match report. It lasts about 5 lines, if that, yet there is all that nice white space underneath it, why not expand on the report more? Would look a lot better. There's just too much information splashed across the rest of the screen.

Also, if I click on another team's result to view the match info screen, it takes ages to load up. This the same for everyone else?

i have some problems with match engine. player moves are like skating on ice more than running. kicking balls, headers and goal celebrations are very unrealistic. i watched some uploaded videos on youtube to check if someone else has same problem but those are normal. a friend of mine has same problem too, so i decided to write here maybe there is a solution.

you'll understand what i mean after watching this goal video.

• SI Staff
Once again manager history has been ignored despite many requests on these forums. Come on SI what would it take to improve this area.

That's a bit vague. Could you expand on what you mean or provide links to existing topic(s) suggesting what this is?

Been a staunch player of FM2008 for a while now and after brief dabbles with FM2009 and FM2010 I just couldnt get into them but having had a graphics upgrade I was ready to give FM2011 a chance. FM's were fine to me but with the introduction of 3D, I didnt just want a pitch in the middle of nowhere, I wanted it to be more immersive, more involving and with FM2011 SI have hit the home run!

Absolutely loving it! Played three games so far and watched a 4th and everytime there have been small nuances with the stadium which are fantastic. Love the TV view as well but the 'Sideline' view is suprisingly effective with some neat Parralax scrolling - really places you in one of the seats it has to be said. Love also how depending on who you'r playing, it's represented graphically how many fans are attending both home - and away.

Havent really played FM2009 but enough to know the press conferences annoyed me and couldnt really get into the demo of FM2010 but everything in FM2011 seems so intuitive and more importantly, immersive. Like how you can choose which press conferences you attend and also how the questions are more what you'd get being interviewed by someone. The conversational way of doing things is great.

When negotiative contracts I am unsure as to what the player/staff member wants but maybe it's my sleep deprived eyes.

Really really impressed SI!

2u4u249.jpg

245y5pu.jpg

why do you have 'senior squad' and 'B squad' on the filter?

for arsenal i have 3: seniors, reserves and U18

Main dislike is the news screen. It's dark and dingy and squashed. Blue bubbles ugly.

Really difficult to skim-read now, especially with the item titles on the left you're having to move your eyes from one side to the other constantly. Not a logical 'improvement', more like a 'we've got to change something'.

The news items themselves could do with more line breaks in them as well. Too many walls of text.

are you sure windowed view is not working mate?

i've just checked mine and all resolutions are on, check here on game:

preferences>display and sound>display = windowed mode or try a lower resolution

It's greyed out mate. For some reason Print Screen doesn't work in FM though.

My main problem with the game is that there is just an information overload.
I couldn't of said it better to be honest. I just feel like I'm being bombarded with news and stats from every angle, and everything looks so cluttered, especially the news box.

The player stats also seem to have been sparsely updated - neglected, even. Transfers still seem broken; I managed to sell Diomansy Kamara to Man City with other (bigger) clubs trying to sign him too. While press conferences and player interaction have been updated, they felt like a chore to me only after an hour or so of playing. Interacting with agents also seems like something that I'd get fed up with after a sort while. Although, I do recognise this probably won't be the same for everyone.

All in all, I feel quite a bit let down. It feels like FM 10.5 to some extent. Not sure If I'll be buying it this year, hopefully a patch or two will sort things out!

One positive though, is that teams seem to demand less for players now, which is very welcome :D

It's not immediate on my machine, but it doesn't take any longer than five seconds to get to the formations preview panel. I don't remember it being instant on FM 10 for me either. Anyone else experiencing a 10-15 second delay after submitting their team?

this has been bugging me a bit to be honest.

i timed it to be sure, and from me submitting my team to get to the preview panel takes around 11 seconds, and during that time displays an annoying blank-ish page, with no player names on it.

Did you remove automatic mutual termination acceptance at new jobs? None of my staff at Tottenham will go mutually after starting new job.

all the liverpool staff that i ask will leave, excpet 2 that the board blocks due to excessive compensation. its like this every year...

I cannot provide a link as this has been mentioned several times over several years, so I would not even no where to start.

The managers stats/history needs more details rather like the history page for teams where it shows the competition and the year this was won, but for managers it would also have the team you were managing at that time in brackets or something. Instead of awards won, there should be more detail, so clicking on this would open up a section showing which different awards, when and with which team, managers place of birth, most hated team, manager, player etc. There are many other things that could be added to this, and I believe that this is often overlooked and clearly so do others on this forum.

It's greyed out mate. For some reason Print Screen doesn't work in FM though.

try these 2 things mate

How do I delete my Cache files?

PC

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2011 Demo” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2011 Demo” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

MAC

Remove the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations:

User > Library > Preferences

User > Library > Caches

or this ............

I am receiving an XML error when attempting to play the game?

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

My Computer

'Organize'

Delete the following folder:

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011 Demo\Settings

Vista/Win7:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011 Demo\Settings

joining some of my revered colleagues, i'm starting to hate the news section with a passion.

i couldn't care less if joe bloggs has been hired as manager of lower league team X, nor that team Y have signed bob smith for £200k...

its just a load of information that i dont want, clogging up my inbox. its SPAM!!!

I couldn't of said it better to be honest. I just feel like I'm being bombarded with news and stats from every angle, and everything looks so cluttered, especially the news box.

The player stats also seem to have been sparsely updated - neglected, even. Transfers still seem broken; I managed to sell Diomansy Kamara to Man City with other (bigger) clubs trying to sign him too. While press conferences and player interaction have been updated, they felt like a chore to me only after an hour or so of playing. Interacting with agents also seems like something that I'd get fed up with after a sort while. Although, I do recognise this probably won't be the same for everyone.

All in all, I feel quite a bit let down. It feels like FM 10.5 to some extent. Not sure If I'll be buying it this year, hopefully a patch or two will sort things out!

One positive though, is that teams seem to demand less for players now, which is very welcome :D

Try filtering it guys you can control what news you get etc

i think that the transfers are a lot better than before

but the game seems to be too easy (fist match of championship : Man City - Tottenham 6-0) and the press conference are not so improved

Perhaps it seems to easy because you are playing as MAN CITY?!?!?

Try a different club for a greater challenge ;)

try these 2 things mate

How do I delete my Cache files?

PC

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

My Computer

'Organize'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2011 Demo” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2011 Demo” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

MAC

Remove the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations:

User > Library > Preferences

User > Library > Caches

or this ............

I am receiving an XML error when attempting to play the game?

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

My Computer

'Organize'

Delete the following folder:

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011 Demo\Settings

Vista/Win7:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011 Demo\Settings

Thanks for the help mate, but i didi everything from Brock's sticky, restarted the PC and got that two more times. It worries, I hope this won't be happening in the full game. :( Please help SI.

joining some of my revered colleagues, i'm starting to hate the news section with a passion.

i couldn't care less if joe bloggs has been hired as manager of lower league team X, nor that team Y have signed bob smith for £200k...

its just a load of information that i dont want, clogging up my inbox. its SPAM!!!

I actually really like the news items and mail items being combined.

However, I agree that it could be improved - rather than having "England" as a whole, can't we filter by divisions within England? Frankly if I am managing Man City why would I care when Accrington Stanley hires a new manager?

then unsubscribe from that section

simples

Selling players seems to be much harder. I offered Torres for £20,000,000 and had no offers for him - tried again a week later and only Chelsea came in for him. Please - if Torres was offered for £20,000,000 there would be an influx of offers for him.

I then tried to offer Gerrard for £20,000,000 and no offers, did it again for £18,000,000 and no offers - this is rediculous.

By the way, i have no intention of selling them I just wanted to see if I could and who would be interested.

Selling players seems to be much harder. I offered Torres for £20,000,000 and had no offers for him - tried again a week later and only Chelsea came in for him. Please - if Torres was offered for £20,000,000 there would be an influx of offers for him.

I then tried to offer Gerrard for £20,000,000 and no offers, did it again for £18,000,000 and no offers - this is rediculous.

By the way, i have no intention of selling them I just wanted to see if I could and who would be interested.

Clubs at the bottom of the table often have problems selling people.

I think the current spending as been taken into account so not all teams will have 20m to spend belive it or not

miles said this in the blogs

stating to match real life issues atm itwill be much harder to sell players within the first year of fm11

alot of clubs have just made loan signings this year or freebies

Archived