OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

Kaka did have talks with man city but rejected them in the end, thus proving all you fanboys wrong.. way to go, idiots!

I'm going out anyway, bye

No he didn't have talks with them.........Man City had a bid accepted and flew representatives out to talk to him but he rejected them before they got close to talking to him, saying he will not be motivated by money.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you elaborate a little bit on the technical background of that? How is the likelihood of similar/identical transfers affected by having the same savegame as a source? Does there exist a general hash key for every save game which influences probabilities and is used for transfers? Or are possible transfers saved in a game long before they're executed?

I have noticed a little bit of that thing in FM09 and 10, where i had to repeat a week or month because of a game crash and in that second time through I mostly saw the same news. That's one thing to accept, but to have a number of 10 or more transfers match exactly is difficult to imagine with any kind of probabilities. One might just get the idea that too much of the computer AI is scripted in order to produce such results.

When you start a save each ai manager evaluates his squad identifying weak areas and then identifying which players could possibly be targeted to fill those gaps.

Given that each save starts at exactly the same point in time each squad has the same weaknesses each time and the list of possible targets will be very similar. The further you get into the save the more variation you will get due to ingame events happening as you go along.

In a quickstart there are less leagues & players loaded at the start compared to a normal save so the chances of similar transfers is further increased initially.

In the player attributes tab, I am finding differentiating the colours quite difficult (my eyesight is not what it used to be). Is it grey up to 10 then a dark blue/black to 15 then royal blue to 20?

I know that there will be some tinkering from fans re the colours/skins very soon but presently quite hard on my old eyes. I think it's the bluring between gray and blue or is black?

Ta

K

I'm sure somebody has already elaborated on this, but i'm not sure I fully understand the 'match preperation' part of the game? Can anybody explain it for me please..?

In the two or three days leading up to a match a team tends to concentrate on certain aspects. i.e. attacking/defending set pieces, attacking movement, defensive movement and a number of different styles/formations that it can switch between during the game.

FM11 now lets you replicate this, either yourself, or delegate it to your assistant or coaching staff.

No he didn't have talks with them.........Man City had a bid accepted and flew representatives out to talk to him but he rejected them before they got close to talking to him, saying he will not be motivated by money.

Save ya breath this guy knows everything about everything and what he says is how it is

• Administrators
I'm sure somebody has already elaborated on this, but i'm not sure I fully understand the 'match preperation' part of the game? Can anybody explain it for me please..?

Essentially it gives you the opportunity for your team to get used to playing with each other and playing in a particular fashion. In other words, you can't expect to change tactics from your season old 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 overnight and expect the players to adapt immediately. There are plus points and negative points much like real life.

Essentially it gives you the opportunity for your team to get used to playing with each other and playing in a particular fashion. In other words, you can't expect to change tactics from your season old 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 overnight and expect the players to adapt immediately. There are plus points and negative points much like real life.

I see. My team were pretty much 'awkward' in every area. Is this because it is still pre-season and they are getting use to playing with one another in a particular formation?

In the player attributes tab, I am finding differentiating the colours quite difficult (my eyesight is not what it used to be). Is it grey up to 10 then a dark blue/black to 15 then royal blue to 20?

I know that there will be some tinkering from fans re the colours/skins very soon but presently quite hard on my old eyes. I think it's the bluring between gray and blue or is black?

Ta

K

I think there's two shades of grey between 1 and 10, and the two shades of blue between 11 and 20.

I have never installed via Steam before........so if i do so (full game) - can you play "offline" (say on train etc) or do you always have to be connected to the internet?

yes you can but need to connect for new patches and stuff

set a desktop shortcut for fm11 and set steam to offline mode

I actually found it sort of boring at first.

That's probably got something to do with me being eagier to experience the dynamic league reputation.

But my curiousity and the joy was ignited not long ago, when i was trying to buy a player to Arsenal.

They wanted waaaaay too much money for him, and having bought another player earlier i didn't know what to do.

So i tried to negotiate with the board, and they accepted.

So the chairman negotiated the transfer. To a much lower price and i got my player.

One thing i noticed however, from one thing to another is, when i customize the squad screen it stays that way for my team only.

Other teams have got the default view. And if i want my screen it seems like i have to create the custom screen from scratch.

Love the intro. Love the contract negotiationes and media. Love the Boardroom interaction. Quite like the set peice creator and individual training focus but time will tell if they actually make a difference.

HATE the white skin. Think the 3D is much improved although in 2D i think the engine has went backwards.....movement, curling the ball and passing dont seem to be great.

Some of the attributes are rubbish though. Newcastle squad is ok but a few changes me thinks.....Tiote with tackling 11 and anticipation 13? No.

Overall im quite impressed....attributes arent a major issue as theres an editor in full game.

Match engine needs a bit of tweaking though.

Its a good demo, however;

I was playing and my laptop ran out of battery. When i reloaded the game, i was where i was before my laptop died... but none of my signings were in my team and the games i had played before had different scorelines, yet it seemed i had just been on holiday.

It quit before i played Marseilles. It came back saying the result at Marseille, but games such as Ross County where i won 7-0, said i lost 1-0. No signings were on my team either. Very strange.

Another annoying thing is that clicky noise in matches. Its after the whistle blows.

Great game though. I'm playing as Q.P.R. and i have signed Pacheco and other Premier League reserve players with absolute ease.

Love the intro. Love the contract negotiationes and media. Love the Boardroom interaction. Quite like the set peice creator and individual training focus but time will tell if they actually make a difference.

HATE the white skin. Think the 3D is much improved although in 2D i think the engine has went backwards.....movement, curling the ball and passing dont seem to be great.

Some of the attributes are rubbish though. Newcastle squad is ok but a few changes me thinks.....Tiote with tackling 11 and anticipation 13? No.

Overall im quite impressed....attributes arent a major issue as theres an editor in full game.

Match engine needs a bit of tweaking though.

the 2D and 3D engines are the same one?

What needs tweaking exactly.

AI Managers have shortlists the same way you can in the game. These shortlists I believe are calculated when the game is first started and for each subsequent transfer window. As the quickstart is in effect a savegame, the shortlists AI managers have is the same for everyone with the demo. Hence why everyone with the demo will see some similar transfer movement. In the full retail version this won't be the case because everyone will have their own savegames and AI managers will have different shortlists.

Thanks for your reply. That certainly makes a lot of sense and it's something I didn't think about ;) While I'm still not really sure if the earlier mentioned case of 10+ player transfers being completely identical should be possible or not, even under circumstances of identical shortlists, there are more important things to worry about.

For me it's waiting for tomorrow and the non-steam demo which you all have made so much harder with your feedback :D

Hugely dissapointed by the fact that non-steam users have to wait to play the demo. I will patiently wait (as i will never ever install steam) but i don't like this SI :mad::thdn:

I feel for you because I'm in the same boat. But unlike you I can completely understand exclusive deals like that and would never begrudge SI their reasoning for this. As long as the game itself doesn't require steam - and that's thankfully not the case - we can all wait one more day, right? :)

OK I think I'm being really stupid here, but how do you sign free agents?

I cannot find an option anywhere...

(i.e. I am in Profile -> Transfer, but I can't see how to sign!)

"Approach to sign", by the buttons like "Scouting", should work.

Okay, the game is GREAT

Firstly, game works way slower than FM10. I'm not talking about time progression, I'm talking about exploring the game n stuff. Huge delays compared to FM10

Then the biggest **** up IVE EVER SEEN is Cardiff City board. I mean, who's researching Cardiff? That guy deserves kick in the butt and even more. Okay, the chairman is Mr.Clarke, which has never, and will never be anywhere near beeing a chairman. TG is a director, what is this, 2010 February? No Vincent Tan, who's going to become a chairman in few weeks, TG is only a director, and what annoyed me MASSIVELY is...I get a takeover message like three days into the game, and I'm like "so VT is coming?", guess what, no. its RIDDLER!!!!!!!!! He should be number one on disliked people list, banned from Cardiff and the list goes on. Gonna post this in the right forum after this...

Anyways, if not these two issues, game is really great, loving every second of it, thrashed Norwich 3-1 away, with great display of great Seyi, Cardiff is imba in FM11, imo. And the team isn't as injury prone as they are IRL. Signed Shittu and DeMerit (how are they both free agents? Demerit had great world cup and Shittu is just awesome strong centreback) and McCann.

Oh, just noticed - Matt Jarvis to Spurs for 7.75 million $, wtf?

Looks like someone already has made an un-official alternative, Flux.

Also, in case you haven't seen the other replies from SI members, because there is no Dark skin in the demo does not imply there will not be a Dark skin from SI this year.

Well the main bloke confirmed it, an SI bloke.

Loving the demo other than a few issues.

1. Monthly training reports are innacurate. Each month when your assistant tells you who's been training well (ie in tactics/attacking/etc), there is at least 1 player who's attributes haven't improved at all and are exactly the same as they were previously, despite my assistant telling me otherwise

2. Wage demands, agent fees and signing on fees are extroadinarily high for some players. I had Wayne Rooney demand £190k a week for a new deal when he's currently only on 90k, plus £10m agent fee and £10m signing on fee (just for a contract renewal!), while when trying to sign Chiellini, his agent wanted nearly £40m combined in agent fees and signing on fees, tried negotiating it down to reasonable levels but the agent turned them all down. Definitely needs some tweaking this, can't expect a brand new system to work perfectly straight away though.

3. There seems to be a bit of a delay from picking your team to the match starting, it says setting up match and takes around 10-15 seconds to get to the match screen, even though I'm only using text commentary.

Other than that it seems really great, cheers.

No dark skin in the boxed version to be exact, like last year. A dark skin will be made available.

There's a quote from an SI confirming that there will be a dark skin made available at some point. Taken from the thread in OTF.

Can you stop moaning about it now?

I have a very annoying problem that appears when iam trying to enter to a player profile,the game crashes.

I have tried to re-install the demo, but it wouldnt help me, it happened also in more than two different saves.( I have windows 7 if you need to know)

the error is:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 11.0.0.21379

Application Timestamp: 4cb42a02

The fault module name: ntdll.dll

Fault module version: 6.1.7600.16559

Module Timestamp error: 4ba9b29c

Exception Code: c0000005

Shift deviation: 0002dd3e

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1037

Additional Information 1: e8ad

Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Additional Information 3: e8ad

Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

1) Have you tried to drag and drop a player by their name or PKD menu?

2) This was actually an issue that was spotted and fixed that seems to have resurfaced. Thanks for bringing it to their attention again.

1. Found out the problem here, which is easily reproduceable. Dragging and dropping works before the game, but if I go into the edit set pieces dialogue when I am actually about to play the game ( ie after the opposition instructions and team talk part of the pre-game ) then drag and drop does not work.

It might be the case that he is in one of the trial games. Therefore unavailable to sign until the England trials have been played

Yeah it sounds like they are set to play in the England A V England B trial match. You can't approach to sign them untill after the trial match. :thup:

1. Found out the problem here, which is easily reproduceable. Dragging and dropping works before the game, but if I go into the edit set pieces dialogue when I am actually about to play the game ( ie after the opposition instructions and team talk part of the pre-game ) then drag and drop does not work.

Thanks for the tip Berty :thup:

Probably not a huge deal, but playing as Liverpool. I recieved a news report about an upcoming takeover by local businessman Valery Filitov. Not the most English of names but you never know so didnt think to much of it. A week later and this 'local' businessman is based in Asgabat (yeah I didnt have a clue where it was either, turns out its in Turkmenistan and is just round the corner at 3054 miles away from liverpool) I know the world is shrinking and all that, but 'local' nah :D

I'm playing as Man Utd. Would like to know why my coaches keep telling me that the best position for Valencia is MR, when he is clearly AMR and it happens with Nani too? It's not like I don't have worldclass stuff at the begining of the game.

Archived