'Official' Football Manager 2011 Boxed Version Purchasing and Delivery Discussion

Cant imagine why anyone would want to pre-order, a little investigation in your local area may provide you with a better alternative.

I know a shop near me that every year sells games as soon as they get them in the shop, i.e. at least a day early.

I'm a big COD fan and always get them early, FM will be there at their shop on the Wednesday as that's when they get their deliveries, as soon as it's in, they sell them.

I paid £29.99 last year, I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

Can't wait til the 3rd of November now.

it depends from the activation of the game: if this year, the game could not be activated before the release date like 09, you can't play before.

i'm waiting for activation news, before to pre-order with Steam.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cant imagine why anyone would want to pre-order, a little investigation in your local area may provide you with a better alternative.

I know a shop near me that every year sells games as soon as they get them in the shop, i.e. at least a day early.

I'm a big COD fan and always get them early, FM will be there at their shop on the Wednesday as that's when they get their deliveries, as soon as it's in, they sell them.

I paid £29.99 last year, I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

Can't wait til the 3rd of November now.

Not for me, I've been to every shop in Nottingham city centre the day before release day for the last 2 years, and none of them would sell it early. Damn them and their ethics.

Is that an independent shop? I can't imagine a big retailer doing it - it's technically illegal. I'd have thought they could get away with it better online - if their delivery estimate is 3-5 days, they could ship it on the 1st (because then, it could well arrive on 5th) though it might get there earlier.

Is that an independent shop? I can't imagine a big retailer doing it - it's technically illegal. I'd have thought they could get away with it better online - if their delivery estimate is 3-5 days, they could ship it on the 1st (because then, it could well arrive on 5th) though it might get there earlier.

Yes it is technically illegal. I remember a couple of years ago some retailers online and highstreet shop selling FM earlier than the official release date and it causing SI\Sega to bring the release day forward. Don't know if any action was taken against those retailers though.

i only paid £7.50 for fm10!!

its so good am in no rush to buy fm11

Was that at launch though?

Having played FM2010 to death with my St Pats team, and not having the league repuation improve after me winning the Champions League, this feature makes 2011 worth it alone!

It is something I've always wanted in FM.

365games are selling it for £22.98 including delivery

http://www.365games.co.uk/pc-games/football-manager-2011

Found this hope it helps.

Its the website for xbiteworld on ebay: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/xbiteworld

I bought a DS game from xbite last week & it arrived with a flyer for 365games.

XBite are definitely decent sellers on ebay anyway. They answered my questions quick & delivery was also fast (next day).

You'd probably have no problems ordering from the website but they've got all the stuff in their ebay shop aswell so i'd just buy it on there. Might work out a few quid dearer though.

Quite a few people over at the official nintendo magazine forums have used xbite aswell & all the feedback there has been good.

I'm walk into my local game store and pick one up off the shelves. Weird thing is I dont think I've ever paid more than £24.99 in person on release day at Game. I'm not prepared to order it for delivery. I'd be unbearable to live with if it didn't turn up or if the post didnt arrive until lunch time.

I've preordered every year and its always come early

I'm sure it has. However in my family it is well acknowledged that generaly if things are going to go wrong it's usually to me. I won't take the chance :D

Where can I pre-order FM11 if I live in the U.S.? To be exact Hawaii? I tried Amazon.co.uk but they dont deliver to the U.S.

You can download it from Steam. Amazon.com had FM 10 but I don't see FM 11 yet.

The only places to get FM in the USA are through Steam or Amazon.com/internet. No stores sell it.

Just pre-ordered and paid @ Shopto.net. Looks a good price, reputation and service. Orders are processed in a queue system from when they are made too, so reckon i'll be nearer the front than the back!!!!

Only slight annoyance is that you cant change delivery address for 1st 2 orders......

Got mine on Steam. £29.99 with free Sega Mega Drive classics. I've ordered mine on steam ever since the **** up by Royal Mail meant my copy arrived 4 days late

£5+ more than everywhere else...I guess Sega Mega Drive Classic cost a fiver then.

Just pre-ordered and paid @ Shopto.net. Looks a good price, reputation and service. Orders are processed in a queue system from when they are made too, so reckon i'll be nearer the front than the back!!!!

Only slight annoyance is that you cant change delivery address for 1st 2 orders......

same ere i preordered and paid for ages ago

Just had an email from Amazon saying the game has been shipped! Surely they cant have any copies of the game yet or have I just misunderstood the email and they've actually just placed my order with DBGamez? I really dont understand the email from Amazon because normally when they send me emails saying something has been shipped I get it the next day!

Just had another email but this time from DBGamez. It appears that its just the way that the Amazon system works and if they dont mark my order as shipped at this stage then their system will cancel my order! My order has definitely NOT been shipped yet.

I'm thinking of cancelling my order from play.com, its really unprofessional and damn annoying IMO to send an e-mail to everyone who pre-ordered the game, saying that the release date has been brought forward, when in reality it hasn't.... giving people false hope.

I only ordered from play.com because, at the time I placed the order, Amazon were only selling via third-party distributors, it seems that that is not the case now so I may well cancel the play.com pre-order and pre-order wth Amazon instead... i've had far better experiences in the past with Amazon, as opposed to Play anyway.......

Pre ordered and paid for at shopto. Got it on release day in 08,09 went with zavvi because of the £18 price last year got it nearly 2 weeks late. Lots of mates order form shopto and if you preorder and pay the tend to send it out as soon as they get it. I believe they place you in order of when you pay! I know it doesn't make much difference but to get it a day early doesn't half feel good!

Where can I pre-order FM11 if I live in the U.S.? To be exact Hawaii? I tried Amazon.co.uk but they dont deliver to the U.S.

you can buy it here if you don't mind digital download:

http://www.direct2drive.com/9841/product/Buy-Football-Manager-2011-Download

i ordered from them last year with no complaints. i've already pre-ordered fm 2011 from them.

you can buy it here if you don't mind digital download:

http://www.direct2drive.com/9841/product/Buy-Football-Manager-2011-Download

i ordered from them last year with no complaints. i've already pre-ordered fm 2011 from them.

This looks like a good option for me.can you still activate the game with Steam like a normal boxed version?For me to buy it on Steam here in Australia is $79 US dollars so this looks heaps better.

I probably won't bother with ordering from a regular shop. I think I'll buy through Steam this year.

I remember last year I ordered from Zavvi. It arrived three days after the release date and nobody was home to collect it = taken to the collection office = had to wait three more days to pick it up = got to play the game a week after the release.

Btw, cheapest ones I was able to find were 22.98 and 22.99 (google shopping)

Archived