'Official' Football Manager 2011 Boxed Version Purchasing and Delivery Discussion

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still havent received my copy from play.com yet,getting increasingly annoyed!

They took the money out my bank and i got a dispatch email last tuesday,but the worst thing is they wont investigate where it is until 21 days has passed! utter joke!

Anyone else still waiting on play.com??

They took the money out my bank and i got a dispatch email last tuesday,but the worst thing is they wont investigate where it is until 21 days has passed! utter joke!

Yup, i was going to send a snotty e-mail, but i'll probably just send the game straight back for a refund. I get a lot of stuff from play, but this is the first pre-order in a long time. I wont stop using them, but i wont be getting any pre-orders from them.

Yep. Exactly the same for me - dispatched email last Tuesday (evening) and not received game yet. Hoping it's gonna arrive today. :)

The last three posters - blame Royal Mail, not Play.com. They dispatched it in good time, as evidenced by everyone else getting theirs on or before Friday.

I've had a few issues with Play's posting before. E-mail's saying that things had been posted when they hadn't been. E-mails saying a game had been posted, then the next day i had one saying it was out of stock and they'd refunded me. The game was actually posted when they said and arrived the day after the out of stock and refund e-mail.

I don't blame them for this unless it turns out my game was never posted. If their returns policy gives me a full refund then i don't really care. I've even bought something off them earlier this week, so it'll be interesting to see if that arrives first:D

I've had a few issues with Play's posting before. E-mail's saying that things had been posted when they hadn't been. E-mails saying a game had been posted, then the next day i had one saying it was out of stock and they'd refunded me. The game was actually posted when they said and arrived the day after the out of stock and refund e-mail.

Fair enough, sounds like you've had a few issues with them in the past. I've been lucky enough to always get good service from them.

The last three posters - blame Royal Mail, not Play.com. They dispatched it in good time, as evidenced by everyone else getting theirs on or before Friday.

Not blaming anyone Pompey - just commenting. Like you, I've always been impressed by Play.com's service - it's usually very, very good and I've never had anything delivered outwith the standard 3-5 working days before. I agree that it's more likely to be Royal Mail's poor service that's resulted in a delay this time. :)

I know what you guys are saying,that its royal mail to blame,but if a customer contacts Play.com to see where there goods are then they should at least have the power to contact royal mail and chase your items!!! surely!!!

ive used Play loads over the years and have done so for pre orders too and never have i had a problem up til now.I just find it a bit strange as to where my copy could have got to or more like which person working within royal mail is noiw playing my game that i paid for! Conspiracies !!!

Anyone in Australia received any in the post from a UK vendor?

I saw this on the Royal Mail website:

Start date: 29th October

End date:

Due to unprecedented customer demand, airfreight capacity into Australia combined with restricted and finite airfreight capacity, delays of approximately 7-10 days are currently being experienced for mail posted to the Sydney and Melbourne areas, with slightly lesser delays to Perth and Brisbane.

Royal Mail is working with the air cargo industry to find options to reduce the delays into Australia but for the next week at least delays are likely to remain at similar levels.

I know what you guys are saying,that its royal mail to blame,but if a customer contacts Play.com to see where there goods are then they should at least have the power to contact royal mail and chase your items!!! surely!!!

That would be the case if a recorded/signed for service had been used, but unfortunately with 1st/2nd class mail, there's no mechanism to accurately track an individual item. The most Play can do is wait 21 days and then request a missing item investigation - and the 21 days is Royal Mail's stipulation, not Play's.

Yep i had discussion with the DBGamez's boys this morning after nearly waiting two weeks since it was shipped and still no game. They told me they could ship out a replacement for me today but i would have to pay for tracking and pay the costs to return the original if it ever arrived. I laughed at that as i should not have to pay more for an item that i should have received long ago after paying fully for it already. They then told me that if it did not arrive in twenty working days it can be declared lost in which they will refund me or send the game out with tracking paid for. They also said that people in the UK still have not receive some of their orders of the game yet. I'm in Ireland, so if people in the UK still have not received their orders, how long will i have to wait! I will never ever pre order a game again, not worth the hassle! Rant over

Archived