'Official' Football Manager 2011 Boxed Version Purchasing and Delivery Discussion

Some Steam games are available for pre-load the day(s) before, then you get the last percent or so on release day as you say. Not sure if this will apply to FM2011; I don't think you'd be able to start pre-loading as early as today either way. Perhaps someone who's pre-purchased on Steam can confirm.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just pre-ordered my copy with Zavvi using the 10% off discount for £22.45 which I think is very reasonable. It's cheaper than most (if not all) of the other alternatives posted on here and I'm dealing with a recognisded company so I'm pretty happy. I've never dealt with Zavvi before, nor have I pre-ordered the game before so we shall see what happens.

Has it been confirmed that if we do receive our copy early, we'll be able to register/play straight away? Even if before 5th November?

I've pre-ordered mine online, if it gets posted and arrives, say, 4th November, will I be able to play on the 4th? Or will I have to wait until 00:00 on 5th?

Thanks.

Any ideas people?

i've always noted a pattern in the price of FM...

at release it ranges from £25-35...

then after a month or so you can pick it up for a little as £15 at many retailers and online...

then it shoots back up to £25-35 at xmas...

then back down to around £15 after!

If you pre-order it off amazon is it going to arrive on release day?

you can pay an extra £1.99 instead of having free postage and get it on release day. apparently.

I ordered it from Amazon and stuck on the release day postage, waiting a few days after release for Zavvi to deliver it last year was very annoying.

Each year, it always interests me to see what extremes people got to get the game early and where they've bought it from early - something I'm sure SI are interested in too!!!

I might be a little early with this thread this year but I'm sure there were some saying they were playing the game about a week early last time round?

I am very hopeful that a local retailer near me will hand copies over on Tuesday or Wednesday, Thursday at the very latest.

Some lucky people will no doubt have pre-prders delivered well early too!

Anyway, this is just for fun but can be useful to those who maybe can't get to a store on Friday and someone living near them finds somewhere selling the game early.

I've just pre-ordered my copy with Zavvi using the 10% off discount for £22.45 which I think is very reasonable. It's cheaper than most (if not all) of the other alternatives posted on here and I'm dealing with a recognisded company so I'm pretty happy. I've never dealt with Zavvi before, nor have I pre-ordered the game before so we shall see what happens.

Same.

To be honest, I care more about how cheap I can get it than it turning up at the crack of dawn 2 days before release or whatever.

Well with fm11 approaching thought we should have a thread where we can find the best price for a pre order of the game. Last year the cheapest place was zavvi at £17.99 and although not everyone got there game on release at that price who care's really.

So let's have a look around and see who will be cheapest this year

Really? Where has this been announced?

For those ordering from Play.com. I got FM2008 and FM2009 form them and both arrived after release day. Last year for FM2010 I got it pre-ordered from Game and got it in the post 2 days before release. Therefore Ive ordered again from Game. Roll on Wednesday when hopefully it would have arrived like last year

I hate pre-ordering FM. I know not everyone has the time but I love getting up early on release day, walking into town on what is usually a nice wintery morning and buying the game there and then. Just the excitment when you're walking home with this thing you have been waiting to get for months in the palm of your hands... its a beautiful feeling :D

Will the Boxed version of the game allow you to setup Steam with it? Meaning that it will automatically download any such updates and also privy you to Steam only updates such as the dark skin?

Last year's version (and 09 I think) allowed you to put your CD key in on Steam and download it from there. Hopefully it'll be the same this year.

Last year's version (and 09 I think) allowed you to put your CD key in on Steam and download it from there. Hopefully it'll be the same this year.

Yes it will work.

FM09 and FM10 worked to the same way.

I like to make sure the game is right from day one, so spend weeks in advance getting the graphics packages right and testing with the demo etc. I have received the game early in the post before, and not had the heart to get full blown into a career, becauseI'd rather wait for the opening day patch, to correct any little niggles. Just a heads up to people who are keen to get it early. Of course you might not all be like me and want to launch into an unpatched career. Thats's what makes us all different :-)

That's why I'll be going with Steam for the first time. Because of other comittments, I won't have the ability to get to a shop until early the following week. Rather download on Friday and then play through the nights.

i have order mine at play.com but there have not post it yet so i do not think it will be here on time

I generally find items take 3 postal days (i.e. not including Sundays) to reach me from Play.com.

So as long as it's posted by the end of tomorrow, I'll be confident of it arriving on Friday.

Although for the first time in years I'm not that anxious about it, as I'm busy Friday evening, and all day Saturday...

Some Steam games are available for pre-load the day(s) before, then you get the last percent or so on release day as you say. Not sure if this will apply to FM2011; I don't think you'd be able to start pre-loading as early as today either way. Perhaps someone who's pre-purchased on Steam can confirm.

This did not happen when i pre-ordered via steam this morning; although this might change closer to Friday. It has happened previously with Civ V, so who knows...

Archived