Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people want realism then how about a gradual move away from numbers based rating to more of a use of the 3d engine to assess players. Show training in 3d, watch other games etc. The scouts could still recommend guys but managers would have to use their own eyes to judge a player was quick rather than seeing he is rated 20 for speed.

A way to reject all loan offers with future fee clauses added. I want to offer out my youngsters to get game-time, not offer them on a trial-then-buy process :(

If i've offered several promising youngsters out on loan, it's tiring looking through each offer and these can sometimes be 30+ loan offers at the club i'm managing.

- possibility to sign staff for the coming season and not immediate. Very helpful when one of your staff member won't extend his contract but you don't want to fire him

- possibility to tell your assistant manager which U19 players he should field

- some new commentaries for the ME would be nice

hey, can we please get a player interaction section which allows you to put a player dow, for instance the form of torres and rooney in the premiership, be able to say that hes jsut not the player he was or something like that, to put them down and ruin their confidence that little bit more, i hate trying to get in the head of the other teams most dangerous player by saying that he is their most dangerous player, its just not very exciting, i want to be able to abuse him, make him hate me, and get into his head to make him doubt how good he is.

i think it would be a good addition to the player communication section, and wouldnt take my game space to add it due to the other interaction things.

with the consistency thing, can we get an assistant/scouts view on how consistent a player is? it is a hidden stat which could be brought into the game, aswell as things like ambition, adaptability and other hidden stats, maybe put into a different section of the player profile, that way you can build a team that are similar in their personality

not reading 65 pages to see if these have been mentioned, but here I go..

Job Interviews

In FM11 we've seen the whole interaction thing taken up to the next level.. this could be tweeked to make job interviews when applying for a job. You apply for a job, either get put on the shortlist or rejected, and then like real life, you get a interview with the clubs board, where the answers you give have an affect of you getting the job

Records : Top 10

Add Top 10 records to all clubs, nations and competitions .. "Most Capped; Most Goals; Most Cleansheets" etc. I'm a geek for stats and history built up over the my career games :)

Adding / Removing Leagues at end of the season

I tend to load up only a couple of leagues at the start.. England + 2 more; and basically pre-planning my career from the first click of the game. Would be great if you could add another playable league at the start of each season, or remove a league you have got bored with (i..e i dont have a real interest in what happens in the Andorran league once I've left it, so I'd like to de-select that league and load up the SPL for a different challenge

Add a Manager - City of Birth

Only a small thing, but its available for EVERYONE else in the game accept from us

These are all extremely good suggestions. Also a farewell interview :)

A feature regarding International performances.

I was managing Bolton 5th season, I had Rhys Murphy in my squad, and he wasn't playing well. Next international fixture, he gets an England call-up. In these fixtures he plays twice and scores 4. Obviously I'm sat here wondering what kind of miracles the England staff can actually perform.

So my suggestion is, being able to communicate with international managers, to get recommendations on Player Role's etc.

In the Match Analysis sections, youve got passes and shots etc i'd like to see one for touches, so you can see where the players pick up the ball in the game and how many touches they make. For example I'd like t see how many touches my striker gets in the box, to see if he is getting into the right places

(Not sure if this has already been suggested but...)

I'd like to be able to express my mood/reaction/thoughts during the match so as to get a reaction from players (your own and the opposition), the fans, AI manager and even the 4th official/football association. There's been many times when I've scored a late winner and been very happy about it, and for the players and fans to see the manager react, and then for them to act on that reaction would be good. How many times do you watch real matches and see the manager getting overly excited or angry depending on the situation!? At the moment the matches are just sliders, tactic settings and poor pre/post match questions. A feature like this to input your feelings to the AI during the match would give it a more personal feel, more like you're standing on the touchline as opposed to sitting in a control room away from the pitch.

I'm thinking of it being a dropdown box like the match instructions with the manager reactions available to choose between for different situations:

- If the ref gives a dodgy penalty to the opposition then I want to be able to show my dissatisfaction during the match and not just with a comment in the post match conference.

- When we're 1-0 down in the last few minutes, I want the players to be able to see me screaming at them to get the ball forward and not play about with it at the back, not just a "get the ball forward" type tactic setting.

- When we're 1-0 up at the end of the match and under pressure, letting your defenders know that they need to pay attention and clear the pass ASAP or there will be trouble

- Showing frustration as your CB's part and let a striker waltz through on goal

- When we score a late winner, I'd like the players and fans to see how happy I am.

- When an opposition player commits a bad foul, I want the ref/fans/AI manager to see how angry I am

- When a goal gets disallowed for offside/foul, let the ref know what I think of his decision.

There are numerous other examples of when I'd want to express my opinions and feelings during the match, the pre/post match conferences just aren't good enough.

1. I like the youth-manager idea, as a realistic start of a career.

2. Job interviews would be realistic. Ridiculous that they're not in yet come to think of it.

3. I'd like a pre-match stadium editor, to give modders the chance to make the stadiums more like they are in real life.

4. The dropping or adding of playable leagues at the end of a season would be a good way to speed the game up and still be able to have a journeyman career.

5. An option to keep interest in jobs out of the media, so you wont get sacked as quickly. First glimpses are mostly 'under the table' in real life.

- The ability to reject 'all loans involving future fees' or on the basis of squad status

- More detailed feedback from scouts, eg. suggesting they're tasked with following certain leagues or a particular player more

- More training feedback and depth. Why is a player not doing well? What exactly are my players actually doing, and is there something that they don't seem to be enjoying or benefiting from?

- More focus on player personality in the media and in scout/assman reports - if it makes such a difference I want to know and not have it hidden away somewhere that my new signing may be a bit of a tool. If a player's development is being held back by their attitude, I want to be told.

- Improved regen personalities - why are they all unsporting and tempermental, or so it seems? There don't seem to be any great professionals or gentlemen and no-one who really ever stands out.

- Easier to view player stats, such as number of goals for the club or total appearances, not just the records or in league games.

- Better staff attribute development for ex-players. Far too many seem to go straight into coaching or management with maxed out PA, which seems mad.

- Player feedback on the role they've been playing or the formation. Preferences in position and making a fuss when played elsewhere.

- Ability to plead to the fans to be more supportive, give you more time, trust a player etc.

- The ability to make more comments to the media (papers? online?) about more world-wide footballing matters, rivals clubs, other players, referees etc, rather than just in press conferences. Also the ability to call more, if you wish, to discuss anything you like such as your future plans, transfer targets etc. Possibly more contact from newspapers, TV channels etc that you can choose to respond to.

- The ability to individually shout at players from the touchline, eg. calling for a player to pay attention, or warn them to start to perform or be subbed. Tell a player that he should have had a shot, or scream at someone for being wasteful, for instance.

- More teamtalk options; more calls for individual focus and proving themselves, rather than just team victory.

- The ability to talk to subbed players, eg. shout at them for being crap, praise their performance, explain why you took them off, apologise for not letting them get their hat-trick..

- More depth to staff roles, eg chief scout, head physio etc to whom the others report.

- More ridiculous transfer rumours. Fewer involving small fees for B team players and foreign internationals and more for stupid wages, record transfers, superstars and has-beens, for instance.

- The ability to offer players out on loan only to clubs in the same nation.

- More long-term board expectations, eg. win the league in 5 years, get out of the division in 2.

- More chairman/board personalities and interaction.

- More feedback from assistant on injuries in match, eg. suggesting whether or not to keep them on.

- More feedback from assistant on other injuries and recovery, eg. how they're doing in training, whether they should be loaned out or get matches for the reserves, if they've suffered any potentially long term effects..

- Group training, eg. 5 a side matches between your players in training, or tactical discussion.

- The ability to announce your match squad days prior to a match and/or to let your players know they're playing, in order to focus on tactics, on opposition player ability etc.

Some of these ideas probably make no sense, and no they aren't in any order at all.

Having played manager games for over half my lifetime, i am continuously impressed with the direction and improvements each year brings. However i have had some ideas of late (they may have already been mentioned in previous threads) that i feel would make the game more enjoyable/ easier from a managers point of view.

Firstly, maybe have the option to become a different staff role, usually i start the the game as a young manager who easily could have still been playing (Age between 30-40) and so lack experience within the managing world. Whereas my idea would be to maybe have the option of becoming a recently retired footballer and become an assistant manager to learn the trade from a more experienced manger and then either take over a smaller league team or if the current manager is fired then become caretaker boss. Also the other side of the career and nearing retirement, maybe the option of buying a club with the career earnings or heading a consortium (E.g. Niall Quinn at Sunderland)

My Other Idea was to have some sort of managers background. Although the options at the moment are favourred club and past experience, why not add the two together and have the option of listing your career clubs and position played (E.g 1990 - 95 Chelsea, 95 - 99 QPR, 99- 01 Brentford, 01-05 Dartford) This Would help if you started unemployed or was without a job as; if a club you played for sacked their manager, they may look to you to guild them back to glory or they may have listed you as a favourite person from the club making the relationship with the club stronger. Also by listing a postion the 'international footballer' option could generate a more accurate Caps/Goals stat under manger profile, and this would allow FM to generate a biography for managers not just theor managerial history.

Anyone else have any ideas for futher Fm's or an opinion on my ideas?

Guest El Payaso

- Bring back the tactical side of the game, tactics creator has completely destroyed it with some crazy player and team instructions that still work even if they shouldn't. I wouldn't give full creativity freedom, closing down or anything like that for any player! Just plain stupid.

- It seems impossible to develope players quick. Even if a 16-year-old plays in first team and plays very well still he isn't improving. Also my attacking players seem to improve in defending stats even though they're not training defending. I don't see any point in this, do you?`

- The match engine is now better I must say, good work! But still lot to do for it to look like real football. The direction is right, FM 10:s ME was worst ever, this is maybe the best.

- Transfer window is still horrible. Teams are buying so many players and just spending the money all the time. How many players did Manchester United and Chelsea buy in the summer? They didn't have to because they already had the players they needed and they shouldn't buy too many in the game either.

Less arcade, more simulation please!

Scouting

- Players should have certain attributes permanently masked based on their position, e.g. How does anyone know how good Nemanja Vidic is at taking corners if we've never seen him take one?

Team Talks

- I know it's been mentioned before, but we need new suggestions for team talks, dependant on the situation e.g. If you're 1-0 down in the Champions League final, you should be able to say more than 'You can win!' and to mirror Octavious' suggestion of more 'tactical' team talks, e.g. "Close them down quickly", rather than having these as touchline shouts

Manager

- Like everyone else in the game we should have attributes that develop, e.g. Constantly disciplining players would result in a high attribute for 'Level of Discipline'

If its been mentioned, I second, if not- trial days. Would like to see an option to host one or two open trial periods with my club for unattached/out of favor players to show up and compete for a possible contract, plus the ability to organize the trialists into matches with reserves and U18s to evaluate.

I don't know if it has been said before but improving the public during 3d match would be great.

Let the public have banners, giant shirts, smoke and fire.

Text on banners could depend on the club results.

To be able to see a bit of that would be great :

Manager

- Like everyone else in the game we should have attributes that develop, e.g. Constantly disciplining players would result in a high attribute for 'Level of Discipline'

I like :thup: And having a high attribute for 'Level of Discipline' would make your players be more disciplined.

Simple one:

Manager stats in the history 'department'. Just like a players history can be viewed, a list of seasons with the club he played in that season, and played games, goals, assts, motm's etc.

When I look for my history as manager I cant seem to find anything that resembles it. Only the highest position, or the newsitems/achievements. And an overview not based on seasons, but on jobs. The biography incorporates some of my wishes, but why not add an overview like this:

Manager X, History

season club comp finished games won drwn lost gls motm moty record transfer in record sale prom rel contract additional info

10/11 Huddersfield L1 14th 48 15 10 23 46-67 1 - Jack Penny €1,2M Ken Barr €500k - - €1k pw -

11/12 Huddersfield L1 20th 22 3 5 14 11-34 0 - - Josh Lucas €0 - - €1k pw sacked in january

11/12 Burton Albion BSN 17th 15 9 2 4 21-9 2 - Guss Ball €20k Ben Still €10k - - €600 pw joined in march (pos 21th)

12/13 Burton Albion BSN 3rd 48 25 10 13 75-24 4 1 Steve Goble €220 - 1 (po's) - €600 pw -

total 2 clubs 133 52 27 54 153-134 7 1 1 0 (maybe total earnings here?)

Maybe cup runs included, those kind of stats.

A screenshot of such an overview can easily be used in career-threads. I think it would make a nice addition.

Edit: oops, spaces dont work correctly. Hard to interpret my overview that way, sorry

Goalkeeper-specific PPMs would be nice.

I can only think of a couple tbh but I'm sure others can come up with more.

* Throws the ball out quickly

* Kicks the ball out quickly

a la Pepe Reina, Peter Schmeichel.

A keeper with good and quick distribution, especially after defensive set-pieces, is quickly becoming more important as a launchpad for counter-attacks and it would be nice to see it implemented in FM.

Learning Languages

At this moment the only differentiation on how easy a language to learn is in the Language Difficulty stat as displayed in the editor.

It's a good start but totally neglects the fact that some languages are easier to learn if one has knowledge of a related language.

As a Dutchie for instance I have not much difficulty in reading Afrikaans as the Afrikaans language is very closely related to Dutch. There are of course more languages who are very closely related to other languages, Czech vs Slovak; Croatia vs Bosnian vs Serbian; Macedonian vs Bulgarian are a few other examples. It would make sense therefore that if a player (or manager, human or not) would get to learn a language quicker if they are fluent in a related language.

This might be best incorporated into the game likewise to the transfer preferences as there is in now.

Advantages can be given on a scale of 1-20 to languages in the same language family or languages who have influenced each other. Knowledge of all other, not listed, languages has no benefit and learning the new language will be at the default difficulty and therefore time period. As advantages are being given to some languages the standard duration for learning a language need to be upped a bit so that in the end it takes just as long on average to learn a language.

Example

For learning Italian being fluent in the following languages could give a bonus to learning Italian:

Spanish 15

Romanian 13

Portuguese 11

French 9

Maltese 4

The first four languages all part of the same language family (Romance) a bit arbitrary sorted in a way the language is related to Italian. The last language has been heavily influenced by Italian and Malta is within the cover area of Italian radio/tv so it's not illogical to assume that when one speaks Maltese it gives a bonus to learning Italian.

Learning Languages

At this moment the only differentiation on how easy a language to learn is in the Language Difficulty stat as displayed in the editor.

I agree. As a fellow Dutchie I think it's striking for example how fast scandinavian players who play in holland learn the language. And for the non-dutch among us, dutch is a very difficult language for most foreigners. Swedish players can understand the language and speak it at a basic level within a season, fluent in two. While italians, english, brazilian etc can't seem to grasp it at all. Some words are muttered in interviews, but that's all. Most of you will know Erik Nevland, the norwegian who played for Fulham and the club I support (FC Groningen) for 2,5 years. His dutch is scarily good, as it was within a half year. Another example is Mathias Florén of Elfsborg, who also played for Groningen a couple of years back, his dutch is so good you can hardly hear he's swedish.

I dont know if it works like that the other way around, there arent many dutch players in scandinavia, and I cant judge their swedish or norwegian as I dont speak those languages, but I think the dutch (and flamish belgians also for that matter) are better than most at adepting to a new language. English and german are next to natural for us, afrikaans is a good example, but as we learn french and spanish in school, roman languages are relatively easy learnt aswell (flamish belgians are good at french of course, better than the dutch). German languages like the scandinavian (not finnish, thats a whole different cup of tea) must be easy for the dutch aswell. The dutch should have bonuspoints concerning learning a new language

Goalkeeper-specific PPMs would be nice.

I can only think of a couple tbh but I'm sure others can come up with more.

* Throws the ball out quickly

* Kicks the ball out quickly

a la Pepe Reina, Peter Schmeichel.

A keeper with good and quick distribution, especially after defensive set-pieces, is quickly becoming more important as a launchpad for counter-attacks and it would be nice to see it implemented in FM.

Also "Has long throw out", such as Gomes...

= News bottom line, with news around football world in game...

= Eletronic Adboards in the Stadiums, flags, banners and fireworks

= Sound improves

= More South american leagues, like paraguay, ecuador...

= Possibility to create a password to a xml league file, for prevent editions

= Start the carrer in youth coach job

= Turn on/off the press conference or making more variable questions and see interviews for the players and the directors

Firstly I'd like to apologise if I'm repeating anyone's point here, but 65 pages is a lot of reading I'm afraid.

My point/request is regarding youth development. Being an Aberdeen fan, my club has in the last 5/6 years begun to focus in the extreme on youth development, and this is an aspect of FM that I've always enjoyed thoroughly. At the last time of checking (my own PC is being repaired as we speak), the coaching situation at Aberdeen in game was thus:

Youth coaches:

Neil Cooper

Neil Simpson

Peter Weir

and A.N Other who's name escapes me

Scouts:

Lenny Taylor

Craig Robertson

Now, this isn't a particularly accurate summation of the actual roles of the gentleman at the club (please bare with me, this isn't a data grievance). The reason for this, is that the game doesn't allow the accurate representation of their roles. Please refer to this page, for details. In short, Lenny Taylor is the head of youth development, Neil Simpson his assistant, whereas Neil Cooper is the U19 coach (and seemingly, also 1st team coach now, under Brown and Knox). Now, iirc when I load a new game in FM2011 only 1 or 2 of the youths are actually of the age (or contract status, unsure) to train with the youth coaches, this renders these 4 youth coaches pointless. However, there is also an opportunity here, with regards to improving the game.

My idea is thus; to substantially expand the youth development side of the game. I am aware that the heirarchy of every other club doesn't necessarily match that of Aberdeen, but I feel AFC is a good representation of a football academy. The current situation afaik, is that players are only included in the game if they are age 16 before a certain point in the development of the game. I would imagine this is partly because turnover of players at this age is rather large, and it would add huge amounts of research. However, there are instances whereby we as fans are aware of young players progressing through the lower ranks of the club before they sign a professional contract; e.g. Craig Storie and Cameron Smith (and latterly Fraser Fyvie) at Aberdeen, and Islam Feruz at Celtic. To allow these players into the game is only a small bonus of my idea though, as we all know, the path from a 15 year old players to a 1st team regular is a long one.

At the present time, youth development feels very detatched from player. Every year in the summer your assistant tells you that you have a new intake of young players, and that perhaps some of them are particularly talented. This is governed by, iirc, two team attributes, 'youth facilities' and newly, 'youth recruitment' or something to that effect. I propose to abolish the second attribute and replace it with something more tangible. If we were to have control of the heirarchy at youth level, the structure, the coaches and the focus of their coaching (mentality, technique etc), it would allow us to reap the reward of additional focus on youth development, and I feel massively improve immersion in the lower end of the game.

For example, at the start of the game, Aberdeen would have a youth system that begins at U10 level, this would represent the great lengths to which Aberdeen go to produce talent. Other clubs with less focus may start at U12, which would be cheaper, but allow less development of the youths. Also, another option may be the hours which these players train. I happen to know that most kids of this age in Scotland train for 6 hours a week maximum, whereas in Spain and Germany this is closer to 12 hours a week (hence the vast gulf in technical ability). The board in the game would set a range by which the player could adjust these criteria, and petition the board to allow the kids to train for longer, or for a lower age group. Also, the manager would have control over the coaches and scouts at all levels, and the quality of these coaches and scouts, the facilities and the amount of training would affect the quality of the trainees the youth academy produces at age 16. Of course, the players at this age would be almost exclusively computer generated, and at the lower levels would no doubt change constantly. However, occaisionally you would receive word from your head of youth alerting you to particularly talented players, and as they approach age 15 the squads would become more settled. They would begin to come more 'onto your radar' so to speak, where you would offer them professional contracts, and even try to pinch players from other clubs before they are contracted to the club.

Anyway, sorry for the essay.

Do SI staff look into this thread? :)

That's what I would want to see and what would improve the game significantly for me:

1. Get rid of fixed values in contract/transfers negotiations, allow us to type the value and add a slider for it (exactly like in fifa managers). I'm getting sick of clicking "-" button for 2 minutes for every contract offer.

2. Add "Accept only exact the same offers and turn down all other offers" for transfer and loan offers. Right now I have to check EVERY offer manually and make sure the wage contribution set to 100% (for example) and accept only those.

3. Also add a filter to turn down all loan offers if the team isn't going to make him "valuable first team player".

Maybe instead of a list of nations and a bar for the amount of knowledge how about a map or series of maps which are colour coded...i.e UK and Ireland if you have 100% knowledge of England its Light Green, 80% to 99% its Dark Green, 50% to 79% its Orange, 20% to 49% its Dark Orange and 1% to 19% is Red. Maps would make it a little easier to know what countries are in areas around the world, as I don't know what nations are classed as Central Asia etc obviously percentages and colours could be split further more.

I have a small idea and thought i'd post it in here. In FM 2011 you have a relationship with the media that can decide how nice or harsh they can be when publishing reports about you (which in turn affects certain members of your squads morale for the upcoming game).

In real life you get managers on shows like Match of The Day etc, and they offer their opinions and analysis. They are often the kind of managers you would associate with having a decent relationship with the media. I think it would be cool if at certain points in the season (international breaks, world cups/champions league, and any games of importance that your team is not involved in) you got an invitation from the different media outfits in the game to offer your expertise on the games at hand. Likely this would be similar to the press conference part of the game. It would give you the opportunity to improve your relationship with the media, and offer a slight increase in your reputation as you are given more exposure, which could help bring higher reputation players to your club.

Not a huge game-changing feature i know, but i thought i'd post it on here none the less :D

I would like:-

1) To be able to persuade non-players to take on roles they are not trained in. Eg John Eustace has excellent coaching stats and avrage scouting stats but he never accepts a coching role cos he's never been one before.

2) To be able to persuade players to take up non-playing roles whatever age they are, like you used to be able to do back in CM 01/02 era. This happens all the time in lower leagues and most future managers start this way. Look at Eddie Howe and Chris Casper! It would also help with people playing lower league games.

3) To able to have input into Kit changes throughout the game. It'd be cool if this was only an option when you become a legend of the club etc.

4) More Feeder Club options. a) Allow to set up annual friendleys only with clubs b) Allow the option of looking for a "Foreign" parent club c) Allow more than one parent club d) Have the option of renaming a club in a foreign league to your club's name (eg Ajax Cape Town & Chengdu Blades etc)

5) In real life most clubs have a Tactics coach that only deals with game plans, tactics, mentality etc. These are just as common as GK COaches and Fitness Coaches. I believe a new "Tactics Coach" role should be put into the game. (Real life example: Tord Grip)

6) Physio's should be able to be used as Fitness Coaches. In real life some lower leagues clubs have one member of staff for both roles.

7) Training Ground 3D match engine so you can see how exactly your set pieces look in the game. Although they have introduced a set piece wizard, it's still are to imagine what they will look like in the game.

Passing Analysis

It tells you your player how many Key Passes your player made. How about an option to just show key passes not all passes just like the option to show scoring chances instead of Shots.

5 game analysis

Obviously you can get an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of a tactic based on one match. However would it be hard to code in view last 5 matches analysis? I'd love to be able to see all the opposition chances from those matches at one click to be able to view where my team are giving away chances.

* The option to delegate all contract and transfer negotiations to the board. So, if i want to sell a player, i tell the board and they get to it. And the same with buying. 'I want this player', and they either get to it or not. 'Thingy needs a new contract', Daddy takes care of it.

* Either being able to ask for a Director of Football, or have one forced upon you(oi oi cheeky). So essentially what we can have is a head scout, who co-ordinates scouting and player recruitment, and brings recommendations back to you.

* A proper touchline view, more atmosphere in stadiums, more individualised stadiums(a pipe dream i'm sure), new sound effects, more skin options...

* Dynamic manager reputation, because i never ever never see an upcoming manager who is doing well somewhere get a job. It's always some well established recently sacked manager who get's the job.

* Sort out international managers, and stop them picking players on reputation. That way i never have to see Michael Owen on an England scoresheet again.

* The club to change footy kits every 2 seasons or so.

I would like to have the option to do different activities when I go on holiday.

There should be a list of destinations to go to and various entertainment facilities for me to peruse. Feel like dropping acid in a hotel bar on Ibiza? No problemo amigo, but if a reporter from The Sun sees it you're in trouble; And the team won't like it, except if you coach any italian or German teams. That will later prove to be a bug and be fixed to also include England.

Tired of the wife's nagging and poor choice of cooking? Easily solved! In the list you'll find a dozen mailorder brides, some of them French, who you can get together with for a tea. If the earlier mentioned reporter from The Sun exposes this story you will also be in big trouble, except if you manage Chelsea.

Another popular thing for stressed out managers is chasing the dragon. In FM2012 you won't have to hike all the way to China to find it; you can do it in your own home! So all the cash strapped managers in the lower leagues can also look forward to something rewarding to do when reality gets too rough.

As you see this is a vastly untapped source of depth and enjoyment that SI hasn't explored nearly enough. We have to specify what kind of holiday we take. Choosing a gambling/murder spree in Vegas must have consequences. If one of your players go on holiday and ends up stranded on an island we need to know about it. Simple as.

Some of you will probably say "that is ridiculous, there are too many things to choose from already!" and it's true. Being a manager is not something they teach you in Sunday school or on the back of your cereal package. That is why this is such a brilliant idea. Just imagine: Your team has just lost to Wigfield 0-5, again, and two of your strikers broke their legs and hips during the game, leaving you with 3 players left in the squad. Of course you'd be bummed out and in need of a holiday, right!

Let the assistant deal with the fire while you relax on the couch in the staff room or in the comfort of your own home in Greece (all great managers relax with a ladyfriend in Greece). This feature is simply a must have.

:thup:

I'd like to see a priority list for reserve players. As in priority of who should get the nod ahead of another. I had to take control of my reserves, pick the team, then go on holiday for reserve games ticking 'use current tactics/selection where possible' every game to make sure no-one was left rotting on the bench. Bit tedious and if you have a first team game the day after, you miss the prep and press conference.

Or maybe you could have an option in which you discuss a strategy for the reserve/u-18's coaches, in which you set out their targets for the season. Bit like when you're asked for your season objectives, but options like 'focus on development not results/fitness/winning reserve league' I often find that in my reserve teams, hot prospects are unfit and left out in favour of some complete randoms.

I would like to have the option to do different activities when I go on holiday.

There should be a list of destinations to go to and various entertainment facilities for me to peruse. Feel like dropping acid in a hotel bar on Ibiza? No problemo amigo, but if a reporter from The Sun sees it you're in trouble; And the team won't like it, except if you coach any italian or German teams. That will later prove to be a bug and be fixed to also include England.

Tired of the wife's nagging and poor choice of cooking? Easily solved! In the list you'll find a dozen mailorder brides, some of them French, who you can get together with for a tea. If the earlier mentioned reporter from The Sun exposes this story you will also be in big trouble, except if you manage Chelsea.

Another popular thing for stressed out managers is chasing the dragon. In FM2012 you won't have to hike all the way to China to find it; you can do it in your own home! So all the cash strapped managers in the lower leagues can also look forward to something rewarding to do when reality gets too rough.

As you see this is a vastly untapped source of depth and enjoyment that SI hasn't explored nearly enough. We have to specify what kind of holiday we take. Choosing a gambling/murder spree in Vegas must have consequences. If one of your players go on holiday and ends up stranded on an island we need to know about it. Simple as.

Some of you will probably say "that is ridiculous, there are too many things to choose from already!" and it's true. Being a manager is not something they teach you in Sunday school or on the back of your cereal package. That is why this is such a brilliant idea. Just imagine: Your team has just lost to Wigfield 0-5, again, and two of your strikers broke their legs and hips during the game, leaving you with 3 players left in the squad. Of course you'd be bummed out and in need of a holiday, right!

Let the assistant deal with the fire while you relax on the couch in the staff room or in the comfort of your own home in Greece (all great managers relax with a ladyfriend in Greece). This feature is simply a must have.

:thup:

Completely unnecessary and don't expect SI to even consider this ;)

- Extra steps for attacking set pieces. I mean we should be able to create some specific set pieces like flicking the ball from near post to outside area.

- More spesific interactions in half times and substitutions like warn a player not to pick a yellow card.

- (This is a little bit eccentric) League rules can be change over time and maybe we can suggest FA somethings. (Maybe according to success of the national team of that country.)

And also we should be able to answer other managers according to what they exactly said.

Guest hit_list

I agree that debts should be paid off sooner should the team have money. I remember one game I had £500mil cash with Arsenal(2023/4 season) and still a debt of several hundred million that should have long been wiped out.

I would also like to see a Backroom Staff Review at the end of each season. I would like to see a screen that tells me how my coaches have faired over the last. Whether they are coaching better or worse than this time last year, which would then let me make the necessary changes to my backroom staff if I felt things needed to be improved.

(haven't read the thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned) If a new owner gets a team into a load of debt, then maybe like irl, a new team gets created in the save by the teams fans (e.g., if Reading get into deep financial trouble AFC Reading gets formed)

I think there should be a "local relations" section at every club in the game. For example going a big team like man utd or city, the council may ask you for money to develop surrounding area sports facilites, thus building a relationship with council's and increasing chances of new stadium moves and increasing stadiums. If you choose not to help when the council ask's they then make it a little more trickier to develop your staidum or build new.

Archived