One little thing about the 3D view of the audience when low attendance.

In real world, when the attendence during the match i low, or very low, the audience is sitting in groups, most frequently the big majority choose the best seats. I think it should be shown in 3D view and appear like this. Don't you think? Of course it depends on what kind of fans are watching the match. "Ultras" have their constant sector, or sectors, and this also should be mapped in 3D view. I've never in my life seen audience arranged like this or that in the real world ;p It looks stupid. What do you think about it?

I know what you mean, but it's not something I worry particularly about at the moment. The 3D representation is improving all the time and I'm sure little touches like these will find their way in over time.

To be honest though, my attention is usually on what my players are doing on the pitch, rather than what's happening off it. :)

my attention is usually turned towards kicking the dog for what's just happened on the field...

but I agree the crowds look a little silly at the moment, I mean you almost always find the away support will stand/sit together to sing/chant/create a noise in RL

True, and I'm also surprised the away-supporters (at lower level that is, havent played higher yet) always have an entire stand (and always the same stand) to themselves and are scattrered around all over it. I'd quess that a lot of clubs only have a small section of a stand reserved for away supporters (in holland thay do at least), especially at a level where there are usually only a couple of hundred away fans.

Playing at the lowest levels (8th tier england), it also struck me as odd that the stands do not match the capacities. I play at a club (Burgess Hill Town) with a capacity of only 2000 of which 200 are seats according to the club-info screen. But my main stand is the "low-high-low all-seater stand", which is clearly more than 200 seats (and probably way too big for a capacity 2000, with every side having a pitch-wide terrace). And Ive seen worse even at away games, with medium size stands at clubs like Chippenham for example, who can hardly have more than a 1500 people capacity.

Yes, there are a few issues re. the crowd that could be tweaked for FM12 even though it's not a high priority. In my L9 Bedlington save my average attendance (100) was 2-3% of the capacity but visually it was far higher. The away support would often contain 2 fellas, standing at opposite ends of the stand!

And I don't like the policy of the size of the crowd affecting the volume. In a compact ground you can hear every shout, so just because a lower league side has 100 spectators, I don't agree that the crowd sound should be silent.

The funny thing for me is that the fans are all there on their own. I thought most people went to games with other people, so it would make sense to at least have clumps rather than one random person here, one random person there. Playing in a 7k stadium in front of 200 fans, you really notice this. None of my fans have friends :(

Archived