Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Oh yeah - I want to open Youth Acadamies over the world and get regular feedback from my 'Brazilian Academy Manager' on who's looking good, who to look out for - then, when they are 16 or something, you can invite any starlets over for a week, to check them out yourself - your Brazilan, for example,Academy Manager can also keep tabs on any talent in Brazil and act as a scout, you could even do culture swaps, i.e sending a few English youths over to brazil for a weeks training camp, they then pick up maybe the odd technical and flair attribute (Brazil's attributes as a nation) this kind of thing does happen IRL my cousin who is at Man Utd's Academy @ 15 went to Belgium for a week......sorry for the rubbish 100th post!!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In leagues where there are no "reserve competitions" IE Serie A (we use u/20):

the option to "make player available for u/20 side" rather than a reserve side with no fixtures...

2) different attacking/defensive widths.

3) ability to tell a striker to play with back to goal or try to turn his marker.

4) a quick cancel button for substitutions

I'm sure its been mentioned but i'd love to see Directors of football introduced that have the ability to really screw you over. Obviously not all of them would be of that mindset, but if you're at a club in the midst of a takeover and you're told that Bob Bobbinson is now the DoF it could add a whole new way to manage that club...

I think a good idea for fm10 would to have 2 separate tactics screens: one for attacking tactics and one for defensive. For example when on the attack i would like my team to play with 3 in midfield and 3 attackers but when the ball is lost for my 2 wide men to drop back into midfield to make it more difficult for the other team to break through. Also i think half-time team talks need looking at because i've lost count of the amount of times i've been 2 or 3 goals up at half-time only for the oppostion to back to 3-2 or even 3-3 in the second half. (And yes i change my tactics to be more conservative but nothing i do ever seems make any difference)

The best thing in this years game is 3d match engine! Now the next thing I would dearly want to see added is graphical improvement on stadiums. FM2010 should have evolved so that we can see the real stadiums with seats and fans. The blank lines that represent stadiums now are pretty ugly and look like schoolboy work... Get the real stadiums with fans and seats so that we can enjoy the match experience even better! :)

Get rid of the press conferences and drastically reduce the importance of team talks. The choices currently offered are totally inadequate and the effect of these extraneous factors is out of all proportion.

The best thing in this years game is 3d match engine! Now the next thing I would dearly want to see added is graphical improvement on stadiums. FM2010 should have evolved so that we can see the real stadiums with seats and fans. The blank lines that represent stadiums now are pretty ugly and look like schoolboy work... Get the real stadiums with fans and seats so that we can enjoy the match experience even better! :)

that would alienate alot of fmers whose pcs dont have the power for that detail or ram

id like to see an overhaul of teamtalks and press conferences

There is one little thing that seriously bugs me. The game ratings were used to be just integers and they were not detailed to any decimal point. However in fm 2009, they have been with decimals. In this game of the series the average ratings have fallen down dramatically. I mean I don't like to see 7 of my key player below 7.0 average rating while winning every cup there is to win. I believe several people likes it in the way it increases more reality and makes the game more thorough, so there can be an option to make the game ratings with or without decimals. I hope this changes in 2010.

I'm sure it has been said many times before but I'll do it again just because it is important for me!

I'm a journeyman manager, I like to manage clubs all over the world. So when I'm done with one club I want to go to another club. However right now you join a new club immediatly if they pick you. I would love an option which says; Manager X will join club X on july 1 after the current season. Because when I have decided to leave a club, I could still have a final to play, and it's all about those Hall of Fame points for me!

My apologies if my english isn't correct.

That would be a very good idea!

i think another bit of realism would be more in-depth negotiations with over players with other clubs that actually NEOGIATE :)...also i think the media does put a lot of pressure on clubs...this would be good i reckon also :)

1. The removal of the 3D match engine until such time a realistic depiction of player movement can be achieved

The reason being that the current one does more to break immersion than support it. Quite frankly the 2D view allows our imaginations to take us places that the 3D system is not capable of at the moment, whilst working wonders in conveying valuable information of positional structure and player movement.

2. Removal or revamp of all the player morale mini-games such as team talks, player compliments/complaints, interviews.

They are neither fun nor are they a realistic depiction of manager - player/press/team relations, and lack the range of interaction that could adequately represent the huge differences in alternative man management approaches.

3. A tactical tutorial system that clearly states and defines each instruction available in the game.

There are far too many tactical bibles across forums and websites that completely disregard and/or contradict the brief and on occasion unsatisfactory information presented in the manual. In my opinion this is a direct result to the lack of clarity provided.

I can remember a feature on 2005 that involved player agents sending videos of their player doing well (i.e hat-tricks etc) and you would have the option to buy them. This I found very realistic and actually helped me a lot. I would love to see this in 2010, anyone wanna second it? :)

In some leagues, like Russian, there is a obligation to have no more than 5 foreigners in the team in the second season. Its annoying , and when some player is available to get russian passport, he often says that: He dont see why he would get russian passport ( thinks he doesnt need to) . So , I suggest to Miles and other FM team, in personal interaction to have an option to tell the player that he needs to be rus. for the good of the team.

I have lots of ideas for improvements, so it will probably be a very long post:

Season goals:

Dont just let us league performance as season goals. I think we should be able to set our goals in cups, specific matches (beating rivals etc) and also set our future goals. There should also be more cooperation and more interaction with the club board, like board-meetings etc.

Manager-profile:

You should be able to "define" yourself more as a manager. As an example, I like football to be played rough with hard tackles and aggressive players, and in the transfer market i usually pick up unsettled players and youngsters and not the big transfers. You should either be able to choose these kinds of things yourself in a "profile" or something, or the game should "pick up" how you play, so you will attract certain kinds of players and fans, and so that the media will give you more specific questions etc.

Player, media and fans interaction:

There should be many more ways to interact with players, media and fans. As a manager, you should be able to hold press conferences about how the team plays, new signings, issues at the club etc, and you should be able to have meetings with fans, or have a "web-site" for the club or something like that where you can communite with the fans at the club. If your communicate well with the fans etc, you can be a club legend and a well likd manager, this should also be a part of your manager profile.

Communication with the players is very important. I find morale to be a very important aspect of getting the squad to perform well, but i think there are way to few options when it comes to improving morale and communicating with the squad.

I have no concrete ideas for communication with players, but there should be many more options and ways to communicte, and the relation between the manager/club and the players should be more important. This is also general for all communication, there should be more options.

Transfers:

Agents should be involved, and the transfer should work differently. Scouting needs to be re-done completely, the scout should tell more about the player and the players personality, an a players should be scouted over a longer time.

Instead of just making a bid for a player and completing the transfer, you should be able to follow up a player for a longer period of time (like several years, and this should also increase your chances of getting the player to want to move to the club).

The enormous transfer fees is leading to inflation in the whole game. Since you needs enormous amounts of money to complete transfers, you need to sell your players for very high fees too. This makes all the other economical aspects of the game unimportant, since the transfer fees is increasing at a much higher rate than any of the other incomes in the game.

Match engine:

Leave out the 3d part until you can create something that actually looks nice and is functional. This just slows down the game a lot, doesnt look nice at all, and doesnt really give us any extra information about the match.

Facegen:

Improve the face generator. Hire someone who knows more about 3d/2d graphics, and this should easily be fixed.

Training:

Needs to be redone completely.

The staff must be more important. The training staff should nearly be as important as the players, since the chemistry between the staff and players is crucial for sucess. The mental skills and the fact that the staff can communicte using common languages should be important.

In addition to this, they ofcourse needs to have knowledge about what they are doing. Attacking coaches should know how offensive play works etc.

Infrastructure should also be more important here, i actually like championship manager when it comes to training and infrastructure. So basically try to look at CM, their training system is realistic and is made up of real training sessions, and it is up to you to choose what kind of training your different players should focus on.

I know this is a bit far-out, and would probably take too much time for what it is, but I think now that there is 3D play, the stadium looks a bit bare, with just grayness.

I was thinking that the stadium inside could actually be the inside of each of the stadiums, so when you went to play at Arsenal, you'd actually see the Emirates Stadium whilst the match is going on, or if you were playing at Man Utd you could see Old Trafford whilst managing your team.

Just an idea, and I know it would probably be a bit of hard work, and sorry if it's been mentioned before.

Nathaniel

This is probably already been put, but I'm going to say it anyway.

I would like to see a graphic representation of shots taken in the match. This way you can tell those who are wasting shots to look to pass the ball more, or get closer to the goal when shooting.

Well, I think it's a superb idea and should be expanded to include invitations to appear on TV shows as a match pundit, where we could watch someone else's match and be intereviewd before, after and at half time to give our opinions on how players were performing, how the teams involved are performing in the league, where their strengths and weaknesses are, whether either of the teams' managers will be happy with performances or not, and use this to build reputation, influence the morale of our own players but also that of players on the teams being discussed, influence our relationships with the managers of the teams we're discussing, and also build relationships with journalists and other managers who are asked to participate with us (e.g. a panel made up of a couple of current managers and a retired ex-player or two, all answering questions and being given the chance to agree or disagree with each other's comments).

This gets my vote - I'd love to see this.

I'd like to see more overturned bans, throughout all the times I've played FM and chamopionship manager I've only seen one ban overturned and the referee struck from the list after I have complained about the sending off.

I'd also like the return of the clearer transfer history screen of the old FM's which had the total number of players signed/sold at the top of their respective coloums.

and I'd like the ability to lash out and criticise the board/chairman when the sell a player out from under you.

I think that :::

You should be able to buy players and loan them back to the club

You as the manager should have more control over the money of the football club, e.g - if you have a bank balance of 50 million then you should be able to take 20 mil for transfers or if you have no bank balance you can put wage budget or transfer budget in to your balance

You should be able to take loans out or ask the owner to take a loan out for the club

Transfers, transfers are so difficult, i mean you offer 5 mil upfront and 10 mil over 24 months, it takes about 10 million from your transfer budget!

There are many things that need to change in my oppinion but i suppose that it would be my game so i suppose i may have to make my own football manager lol

I think that :::

You should be able to buy players and loan them back to the club

You as the manager should have more control over the money of the football club, e.g - if you have a bank balance of 50 million then you should be able to take 20 mil for transfers or if you have no bank balance you can put wage budget or transfer budget in to your balance

You should be able to take loans out or ask the owner to take a loan out for the club

Transfers, transfers are so difficult, i mean you offer 5 mil upfront and 10 mil over 24 months, it takes about 10 million from your transfer budget!

There are many things that need to change in my oppinion but i suppose that it would be my game so i suppose i may have to make my own football manager lol

I think you misunderstand transfer budgets and wage budgets. You could not put money from them into the bank balance as basically it is only a budget and not money. They tell you how much you can spend from your balance on them.

would be nice to have a button that would automatically apply the ass. mgr's feedback/recommendations for tactics or opposition instructions. I like that they now give you an opinion, but its a hassle to go back and forth between screens to check what was said and what is selected.

Hi all.

Thanks SI for another top notch game in FM09.

This isn't a new feature wish - more a fundamental change. Its about the 'pause' button. You should not be able to press the pause button mid match and then change every tactical option available to you. This is the biggest flaw in the football sim. As an analogy - you can't pause a flight sim and then change your aim to be more accurate and then shoot your enemy down.

A manager on the sideline has very little time to adjust, that what makes a manager good, in part- think on his feet in real time.

The pause button should remain - you will need it when your wife goes into labour and you need to rush her to the hospital and then rush back.

But my point is this - when paused, you should not be able to change any players, tactics, nor view stats or AM feedback or anything really. You can only change things if game time is proceeding - of course, you can slow time to a minimum of real time.

It will make it harder - but quite honestly I think it would make the game a whole lot more interesting. I mostly play like this - but 10 minutes to go in a cup final, the temptation to pause is always to big. But if it wasn't there - it would be very very hectic.

What you all think?

1.Chairman.

It would be good if you could view your chairmans or even board members profile.

You used to be able to do this on an old version of the game (FM or the old Champ before FM). It would be a good feature so you can see the Chairmans stats, age, personality etc.

2. News Items.

As someone said above the news items now is for your own club. Would be good to know of big news items elsewhere i.e. transfers, sackings & also of AI managerial spats for example before a match one manager may make a nasty comment about another manager.

The transfer model has been vastly improve on FM09. While young players for example can still be ridiculously expensive sometimes too, it is generally well-priced and realistic now.

I have been thinking about the model and the ways it can be improved, and I have come up with a few ideas, and would like your opinions on it.

Agents: The ability to instruct an agent to come to an agreement with a club for a player on your behalf. So when you approach with a bid for Player X you then choose to handle the bid on your own, ask your board to do it, or contract an agent to negotiate on your behalf. The way this would work is that an agent obviously is paid a fee (larger fee for larger transfer deals) on completion of the deal. Now the benefit of getitng the board or an agent to do the negotiations is that you dont need to worry about it if you maybe dont have the time or patience to do the negotiating. The difference in getting the board to do the negotiation and not getting an agent in is that the board may not reach a conclusion with the opposing party and the agent is more likely to strike a deal, but an agent needs to be paid a fee for his services. The agent and board options can be available for contract negotiations as well as transfer fee negotiations too.

Transfer Finances: Most foreign transfers are spread over a period of installments so these should be far more common in deals, and in fact should become the normal method, with fees up front much less common. So if Barcelona are trying to sign Player X from Chelsea for £16m then it should be for example all in installments, or maybe £4m up front and £12m in installments etc. The addition of other transfer clauses could then be included too, such as becoming a feeder club, loaning the player back for a period of time, And regarding extra fees, as well as goals per season, appearance fees etc, the increasingly common fee depending on club success could be added, e.g. £1m fee if club wins <select competition> within <select time> years.

Multiple transfer fees: The ability to make a bid for 2 or more players are once. E.g. Milan make a combined £10m for Player X and Player Y from Man City.

Signing Youngsters: You can sign youngsters and the tribunal fees are often hefty, it is easier to "approach to sign" and negotiate the contract with the player, and simulatenously negotiate a fee with the club, and if this can't be agreed it then goes to a tribunal, rather than the automatic tribunal fee to sign a player, which has no breakdown of how it is comprised.

Media Discussion: You could choose to make public statements about a transfer, such as "Arsenal FC have announced they have agreed a fee with Paris Saint-Germain for Player B" or keep it quiet until the signing themselves are revealed. Signings should be introduced in press-conferences. Or you can release a statement to say you are hoping for bids for Player L etc. You could make comments to the clubs themselves within negotiations stating you are unwilling to go any higher because you can't afford to, or you don't think the player is worth it, or that the player's contract is running down. When you sign a player you can choose what statement to make, i.e. "Valarenga have signed Player T on a long term contract for an undisclosed fee" or maybe somethng with lots of detail like "CSKA Moscow have signed Player H for £12,000,000 plus add on clauses, on a 4 year deal worth £60,000 per week.

Player Contracts: Bonuses like loyalty bonus' and like in the Arshavin saga, being able to get a fee repaid on departing the club. Or a fee for completing each year of his contract etc. Release clauses for specific clubs. The option to make contract details private or public etc. Signing on fees can be paid all at once, or split over a period of years. And if a player is sold then there are negotiations between the selling club and transferring player to wrap up any loose ends in the contract, and anything that might be paid up, or compensation, or unpaid bonuses to be forwarded on etc. Large players can have image rights clauses in their contracts. Also bonuses for awards (i.e. player of the month) and for international appearances, (e.g. for breaking into under 21's or full side, or completing 10 caps etc). Relegation clauses can be changed so there is the wage drop, the ability to leave for a specific fee, or the right for the player to be released from their contract entirely after relegation.

Medicals: A medical report to be submitted before the player is signed, so you get information on old injuries, and any long-term effects, injury proneness, and general fitness with areas of strength and weakness.

Documents: A message to say if documents are submitted in time for transfer window or not.

When clubs make approaches for your players too often in FM09, same as 08 etc the club does not come back, whereas clubs tend to negotiate offers far more.

Opinions please people?

Ok here I go. Hopefully SI are still looking at these threads (Im sure they are). A few ideas that I think will further the game.

Physio reports during the match - Something that has been mentioned before. We can now have Ass man's feedback over the course of a match. Well I feel it is vital that we can have feedback from a physio as well. This will be to inform of any injuries that a player has sustained during the match that would result in a 'green cross'. So for instance, a player that has a bruised rib or a cut head, could carry on, especially if he was an important player. However, if the injury was a 'tweak to a hamstring' and the player had previously had problems, I may then feel he should be taken off. At the moment there is no indication as to the seriousness of the injury during the match, therefore no real decision can be made by the manager.

News Items - I have noticed that many news items from around the world gets lost. For instance, If I am managing in England and Messi moves to Inter for 45 million, I will generally not be informed unless I check the transfers page. Likewise for player retirements, amanger sackings etc. The idea I have is maybe linking news items with the PA or CA ability stats. So for example, a player with 175 ability and over would automatically be added to your news in tray. I do get frustrated by not realising a big player has retired or moved within the game and feel that linking it to these stats could be an answer. This could be a feature that could be turned off by the user. The only other idea is to check (through tick boxes at the start of the game) what leagues you would like tor recieve big news stories from.

Transfer day deadline - I would like this to be made more of a 'thing' within the game as it gains momentum in real life. Maybe having more processing time during the deadline day, and as it loads more news items of transfers and rumours appear throughout the day. Just to make it more exciting. Also this would give you more chance in scuppering certain deals with bids etc.

Physio reports during the match

If you click on a player with that injury the information is in their injury section: e.g. "has potential knee injury." I do however, agree that this could also be mirrored in the Ass Man feedback section.

News Items

The news items you talk of are generally in the league news screen as opposed to your inbox. Your inbox is for stuff directly related to you.

Transfer day deadline

It already processes slower on deadline day, although a 'deadline day' module is a pretty good idea, increased rumour and news wouldn't go amiss here. :thup:

More interactions between friendly managers?

I read this story a few days ago that wigan's palacios actually came to arsenal for a trial period and didn't cut it there according to wenger and he was recommended to Steve bruce later by wenger himself as he thought palacios cud be a gud player for them at birmingham at that time. So I was wondering if this sort of dialogues can be incorporated in Fm between friendly managers or managers in general? As all we see is that the managers either praise their counterparts or take part in a verbal warfare during prematch media sessions.

It seems in real life that managers give their list of targets to the board and then the board OKs them and the manager can go after them. How about being able to draw up a list for your board just before a transfer window and then going after them? You could then justify your targets to the board. Then the better they perform the more leeway you have over who you can bid on.

For example, my Liverpool team at the moment has Aguero, Torres, Huntelaar and Keirrson upfront. If I went to the board with a new striker as a target they may query why I need a new one and not allow me to sign him. Then i may have the option to reply and say that I plan on selling one my existing strikers.

Another example maybe if I want to sign someone from a lower league, the baord may express their concern that he is not of the required quality. This could then be linked to baord confidence in transfers, they more confidence they have in you to make successful transfers they more likely they are to agree to your list of targets.

Also I think it would be good if their were more fan reactions to player sales. For example outrage if I sold Carragher and Gerrard, or praise if its a good pieceof business?

I haven't read through all the pages, but nothing came up in a search, so apoligies if this has been mentioned before.

Forgot to add that the interference could be linked to rating in Editor. Eg Ramos at Spurs is rumoured to have not had much control, so Spurs would have high interference. Ferguson seems to be able to sign whoever so his chairman would have a low interference and not often query your list of targets.

The ability to request that your scout only look for players with a potential or current ability of xxxx amount of stars. In their opinnion. Basically, I just want to tell my scouts to search for excellent players that will improve my team.

For an example, at the minute Ill send a scout out to scout a league and he'll come back with reports on every player that received an average rating of over 7. Those players, although appear to have played out of their skin on one particular day, may not ever be considered good enough quality to ever play for me, let alone improve my squad.

I would like the game to take into account the geographical proximity of two clubs when players are negotiating transfers, managers are applying for jobs etc. There are countless examples of players choosing a local club to join or agreeing to a loan move because it means they dont need to uproot their family. Loaning older/fringe players from big clubs for example Milan > Bologna or Juve > Torino or Forest > Derby should be easier or at least a factor.

Also clubs need to remember when you have been successful with them and take that into consideration when you re-apply for the job after a few years away. Fans may press the chairmen to approach a previously successful manager and 'bring him home' and players should welcome the return of managers they have been regulars under, especially if the successor didn't favour them.

I would like to have the option to target player sales to specific clubs back again as well. It allows the player to send icons/legends 'home' when they are past their peak and it should allow you to build a relationship with a club who is not neccessarily a feeder club.

I would also like the game to remember if you join a fierce rival having formerly managed the 'other' club. e.g. Inter and Milan, Forest and Derby, Lazio and Roma etc. This might mean a truly great manager becomes a Legend of both clubs, like Clough, or it might result in the fans never accepting the appointment and staying away etc.

Basically more depth to the game please. Its not just about one or two quick seasons as Chelsea for the vast majority of players and we crave desperately a more mutable and interactive playing world over the sometimes decades long careers.

Choose the players to take to away matches a few days before the actual match

-what if you can choose the select players to take to your match day like in real life before the actual match. because in real life, not all players travel, only a select few(especially in oversea matches), so if you have to choose the players at first, before traveling, it could affect your team if somebody gets injured but also increase the communication between the team if they travel together.

Youth schools in other countries

-what if there are youth schools in other countries where a team can tap into that countries younger players in a soccer school type theme, and then can sign players for the youth team. similar to affliated clubs, but the team has total control over the players and will therefore sign up players for free(without much competition).

Player attitudes in private life

-there are players like beckham, barton whose personal lives play a very big part in the media. what if these players whose personal lives attract the media alot, will be affected by this and their performances can change, clubs can sack them, and the team morale can be affected as a result of this, leading to the the player becoming a legend at the club or being forced out due to the rest of the teams anger.

Autosave after every match would be handy, for those occasions when you pull off a great result, then realise you've made a stupid error further down the line. Saves those endless frustrating replays of the same match to get you back to where you were.

I'm sure we've all done it!

Archived