Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Originally posted by Fevs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

I'm guessing this has been mentioned before, but I'll say it just in case it hasn't.

I hope this is something that would be very simple to implement, the ability to negotiate multiple bids to the same value, without needing to do them separately. This would save so much time, especially when negotiating for complicated deals including lots of clauses.

icon14.gif especially once a fee is agreed.

Maybe you agree £5m for Duff, get this accepted and then work out how its paid ~ offer this in 12 monthly payments, £2.5m now, £2.5m in 6 months etc.

Chelsea would then accept whatever one they want.

Would hopefully get around the £24k now, £10m over 12 months, that we currently see </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually meant multiple bids from lots of different clubs, but that also sounds like a good idea.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tetsimonials would be a good inclusion to the game. when a player has served 10years at the club, a match can be arranged with legends of the game from a particular era e.g. nigel winterburn etc at dennis bergkamp's testimonial. don't know if this would be quite difficult to include but thought it would be a nice touch

More african leagues included? The egyptian and tunisian leagues are quite competitive, their teams appear in the african champions league final a lot.

By the way... is anyone from SI really looking at this 'list'?

Originally posted by Mr. Revolution:

Don't know if it's come up before, and it's probably a crazy idea, but I would like the possibility to hide all player attributes forever. The only indications that you would have then to rate the quality of a player are his market value, his match ratings, his history, and the mistakes and good things you see him do on the pitch, in other words: everything a real life manager has to rate a player.

The player attributes are like huge scouts reports, made by the people of SI, that you get as a present as a virtual football manager. All those reports about all those players are more that a real-life club could ever make. Only to sort out all the attributes for the players of your own squad, would, in real life, take a year or so of detailed tests of each player.

Don't know if it would be playable, but it would make a great challange to play the game without these attributes. The friendly's would become, like in real life, of greater importance, since it's then you still have the time to play and watch each player perform. The oppinion of the coaches about players would also become of greater importance, since they, like in real life, are the ones that work with the players all day and know their streaghts and weaknesses the best. You would also be forces to send out more scouts, and to take their reports seriously and base you descissions on that, just like in ... real life.

It would certainly take a lot of time to get your team together (yes, just like in real lifeicon_razz.gif), but I think it could be a realy fun experience. I'd rather spend 6 months to play 4 ingame years fighting relegation with a small relegation team, than spending another 6 months playing 25 ingame years, winning the CL 15 times and the national competition 20 times with that same small relegation team.

Maybe it won't be fun at all, but I cerntainly would want to try that for once.

That would be fb icon14.gif

Ability to play friendlies on neutral venues.

Real life examples:

*pre World Cup friendlies played in host nation or countries nearby (iirc Austria and Switzerland were popular this summer, and the host Germany of course)

*pre-season club friendlies while on tour. a chance to play not only against a club from the country your touring in, but other clubs who're in camps in the same place (eg. Eurosport showed a few friendlies this summer from Austria played between Werder, Olympiacos and such neutral teams in that country).

*international friendlies on neutral venue: Algeria v Gabon, Mali v Tunisia, Cameroon v Uruguay, Ivory Coast v Senegal - all these are today/tomorrow played in France IRL. Plus Ghana v Togo is played in England.

These teams with European-based players just won't go to play friendlies in their home grounds as the infrastructure is third world. In FM, that's unfortunately what you must do as the game won't allow your to play on neutral ground.

This needs to be in the game.

What i'd like is for the different but same position's to be marked differently.

OK, it mightn't make sense straight away, but how about this:

lets take a standard 442. I have one striker who's my target man, and another whos' quick and pacy. Problem is when I sub players, or change tactics I can never remember which instructions I've assigned to which SC. In other words I'd like the 2 strikers to be called something SC1 and SC2. This would stop Kevin Davies making runs a la Michael Owen!

Same applies to the centre halves (for example I could have one configured to play as a more "total football" player, like Johann Cruyff or Rio Ferdinand, and another as a typical hard man. But when you look at some of the position assignemnts all youo see is DC.

I know its not a huge change, but think it might make life a little bit easier!

Surely you know who is your target man and whos is your a la Owen!!!!???? YOU PICK THE TEAM!!!!!

I agree with feeder clubs being introduced also the option to buy, but loan back for a season or 2.

I think more research in the youth players is needed - i know for fact that players such as Lee Martin - Danny Simpson - Jamie Mullun (Man U)- James Dayton (Palace) - Zoltan Stieber (Villa) - Dean Brill (Luton) - these are all top youngsters and will play in prem one day.

Granted SOMETIMES Martin and Steiber turn out to be very decent but i feel more research is still needed!

Please dont make players like Bardsley - Dong - Both Jones' - (Man U) Great - BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY DECENT CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS!

One more thing i would like is the filter option of Min Fee Release - if you can some how do this already TELL ME!!!!

footballrumours

1. Opposing teams subbing players with green injuries/yellow cards more often (like we the player do)

2. Green injured players whose condition doesn't drop in game suddenly out for 3/4 weeks after the match.

3. Red injured players too often have no injury after the match.

$. The ability to win every match.

pls balance finances in long term games. im in season 2019 with hamburg and ive got 250++ million to spend for new players. already since season 2010 i had 100m+++ budget. its rly annoying, because unrealistic. (not that im unhappy having so much money to spend)

one more thing is improving managing of countries. atm its rly annoying to build up a team because its very time consuming to go through all player profiles. something like additional news would flash when u manage a country telling player xy played a great game and could prolly play soon for his country. IRL its the same, media make stars

next thing: im playing with around 12 countries, 5 of them on full detail (the usuall suspects ^^). i cant see italian regens anymore. first of all they are MASS in high pa, like 10:1 ratio to other nationalities and therefore there are at least 3 of them in each top club in europe. they are simply too superior. here is the list of most valuable players in my 2019 savegame: http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8425/italiansul4.jpg as i said i run the five best countries on full detail so its not depending on active leagues cos then there would be also mass on players from germany spain france etc.

next thing: england is too overrated in game. english teams are ALL always at least quarter final in european cups. at least 1 is in final. england wins mayn WCs and ECs. come on lets be realistic, england as a country didnt achieve anything for the last 40 years. they even hardly get to quarter finals in any cup. english teams are fine, english league is in my opinion currently the best league BUT its not long ago when english teams sucked up. a little bit "weakening" of english teams would make it more realistic. and same here, im not only running english league as active so the reason is just settled in database (eg reputation finances of english teams, i dont know) i think

Firstly I would like to get more info on injuries during games i.e if a player has to go off injured I would like a line or two in the commentary or wherever telling me the location of the injury and possible severity for e.g "wayne rooney seems to have injured his foot - first impressions that its not serious but will have an xray to be sure."

upon finishing the game you should then get a full analysis i.e " unfortunately Rooneys injury is worse than first feared as he has broken a metatarsal bone in his left foot and looks like he will be out of action for 6 - 10 weeks.

Also similar info should be given to about players who are injured but are able to continue - however the physio should give a risk % on whether contuing would make the injury worse.

I would like players stats to be reflected visiblity better within the match engine i.e a player with pace and accelaration of say 16 - 20 shouldn't be caught by player with stats of below 10.

ageing/retiring chairmen and takeovers should be in place.

Ageing / outgrown staduims - the chairman/board should decide if the club should move to a new stadia.

Clubs favourite players - very hit and miss, upon signing a player he goes straight into club favourites no matter what he does for you - needs looking at in my opinion.

I also like other peoples suggestions of having more control over the reserve team i.e putting players in to regain fitness/match sharpness without them getting upset.

increased media nad player interaction/mood sensitivity for big games/derbies etc.

I could think of many more but it's late

Originally posted by footballrumours:

Surely you know who is your target man and whos is your a la Owen!!!!???? YOU PICK THE TEAM!!!!!

I don't think you really understand what I'm trying to get at! Of course I know who is my target man, but what I'm talking about is when I clear the team selection, say in the firstround of some cup, and send out the youngsters. When I set back the senior team I normally have to go into the individual instructions one @ a time, to see which of the strikers, centre halves, central midfielders is set to what tactics.. all i want

is that instead of having 2 DC's, 2 CM's and 2 SC's on the initial squad selection screen is that they are now called DC1, DC2, CM1, CM2... etc.

Its only something simple I want! icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by micheal100:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by footballrumours:

I don't think you really understand what I'm trying to get at! Of course I know who is my target man, but what I'm talking about is when I clear the team selection, say in the firstround of some cup, and send out the youngsters. When I set back the senior team I normally have to go into the individual instructions one @ a time, to see which of the strikers, centre halves, central midfielders is set to what tactics.. all i want

is that instead of having 2 DC's, 2 CM's and 2 SC's on the initial squad selection screen is that they are now called DC1, DC2, CM1, CM2... etc.

Its only something simple I want! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i understand, and think this links nicely with personal player instructions as opposed to position instructions.

in some cases you want Crouch to always be a target man, whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Had you started the game with Bellamy and Fowler, you would have to amend the player instruction when Crouch comes on and vice-versa.

Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but the ability to play club vs. country friendlies.

Like pre-season i think Charlton played New Zealand, and i think that this would be a good feature

good shout.

plus tours getting arranged by sponsers could be fun. like when brazil play really odd teams ecause nike tells them to. could have a nice set of ramifications too, like for example having to wiegh up getting more money from a glamour tour of US club teams or pushing your players through less lucrative but more taxing games against lower profile opposition. could be interesting...

My ideas for fm 08

Complete Club control

- Be able to have complete control of the club like change the club's name (like Wimbledon - MK Dons)

-Change club badge

- Change the club's kit. There should be an additioniaonal program that comes with fm 08 where u can make a complete kit from scratch. You should be able to include sponsers and kit manufactures.

- Stadium Expansion. You should be able to easilly expand the stadium without the board stoping it. Ive never been able to expand stadium in fm 05 +06. Again there could be a seprate program that comes with the game and you get a 3d model of any stadium and be able to expand it. This could be a bit like the stadium expansion in total club manager 2004. But if a stadium was expanded in a different program it should be noticed in the news.

Moving Stadium - You should be able to move stadium like arsenl did with highbury. You could buy up plots of land or buy old stadiums like Plough Lane (former home of Wimbledon that hasnt been used for 15 years)

Renting Stadium - You should be able to rent out your stadium for concerts and other sport events like old trafford and soccer aid. This would give the club more money.

Training Facilities - Like with my idea for the stadium expansion you could expand the training complex in a model like with the stadium expansion idea.

Lower league managers

- You should be able to do a lot more trivial things in lower leagues like opting as manager to wash kits to build team moral.

- advertising team. If you are managing a team in confrence you should be able to advertise team matches around the city to build attendances.

- offering public team meetings. You could allow the team to have an afternoon with the public to build support.

- team bonding sessions. before a season you could take your team out to play golf or on holiday with no WAGs.

- arange charity events.

- Have open trial days. This could be when you have a trial open to the genral public and you can scout for raw talent.

Other stuff

Have billionaires buy your club to give you more money.

Sponsership - Have real life club sponsers and kit manufactures. Be able to buy adboards for the coming season. Sponsers should differ from league to league like Audi wont sponser barnet but a local sponser will.

in match - If there is a better stadium expansion then you should be able to see the roof and adboards from the birds eye view.

Squad numbers - these should not have to be done until about a week before the start of a season so that gives you more time to buy players.

Have players refusing to paly for the team and players could have to have hospital operations.

When you choose a team to manage you should get a map of the counrty your team is in showing where teams are in the country. Might be educational!

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

My ideas for fm 08

When you choose a team to manage you should get a map of the counrty your team is in showing where teams are in the country. Might be educational!

Maybe some neigbouring clubs so that you can organise friendlies to get some cash.

sorry if any of these has been suggested before:

Improved assistant manager:

I'm someone who doesn't like to analyse many numbers, so an ass. man. who would make suggestions during the game would be nice. For example, if in the first half a central defender has lost 50% of the headers, the ass. man. should tell me that (and other rather obvious things I'm too lazy to check myself). This could be implemented alongside the quick tactics - whenever you press the quick tactics command, you also get the ass man's remarks.

Improved opposition scouting:

IMO the scouting of next oppositions should give you more information about their tactics and players (I'm thinking about something similar to the team report you get for your own team from the ass man)

Changed player negotiation system:

When trying to buy a player, you shouldn't just send faxes to other clubs and wait for them to react. Instead, setting up meetings and negotiation rounds would be nice. For example, you set up a meeting on day x and on that day you carry out the entire negotiation or decide with the counterparty to meet again at a later date if no common grounds are achieved.

2D games:

- Set pieces have to be strongly improved. Free kicks, corners, throw ins are all terrible to watch at times (awful free kicks with short passes, defenders not returning in time to their positions, throw ins directly out of the pitch are just a few issues).

- Players who are specifically man marking someone should man mark the position, not the exact player. Also, if the Ai changes the tactics (for example 2 SCs instead of one), the guy should automatically switch to zonal marking until further instructions.

In the tactics screen:

- I would like a check box that would allow to move all player sliders at once. For example, if my players all have different individual mentalities, moving one slider would trigger a move of the mentality sliders for every players in the same direction, so I don't have to do it for everyone separately.

- when I'm setting corner instructions at the tactical drop down menu, I would like to see at the same screen attributes like jumping or heading for every player (same goes for setting RWB, passing etc. at the drop down menu)

IMO the above features would be rather easy to implement. Some bigger issues would include:

- provide better guidelines to researchers for rating players (basically stop all these overevaluations, esp. in the UK)

- make scouting more realistic (for example stop recommeding all those crap players to teams like Chelsea)

- get rid of the 20-notch sliders

- finally explain what mentalities are in terms of the match engine

Unfortunately I don't have time read the whole thread, but one thing I would like is for one or two old things to return - mostly on the statistics front.

Average age of squad and maybe just a few other frivalous statistics about my club would be good. I get a message at the end of numerous seasons congratulating me for winning the title with a bunch of kids average age whatever so it'd be good to see the stat at any time.

Also a minor addition, on club (European) and nation information page it'd be good to have the UEFA/FIFA ranking because it often takes me ages scanning down the FIFA rankings to find the nation I'm interested in.

The other thing is to either return to showing all goals scored in a player's history or have a more expanded history to include league goals and other goals. I know this was changed because the only stats for players from before the game starts are league goals, but to be honest I don't care how manay goals a player scored in a season before the game began. I quite often have a striker who plays 10 years with the club, scoring loads of goals, but I can only ever see his league goals in his history so can't see how many he has scored in total icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by glamdring:

Also a minor addition, on club (European) and nation information page it'd be good to have the UEFA/FIFA ranking because it often takes me ages scanning down the FIFA rankings to find the nation I'm interested in.

Here's a thought based on this:

In UEFA club coefficients, you can see how many points club A or B has done over the past 5 years.

It'd be interesting to know how they're doing in the current year.

Also, "expanding" this idea to the nation coefficients, it'd be great to see the nation's coefficients over the past 5 years and in the current year.

A few details:

- It could be nice if media asks you if player X or Y is going to play:

if you look at important matches irl, there is always some speculation about who plays and who's on the bench. Sometimes managers keep their line-up secret to the press till the start of the match as a sort of mindgame. Now in FM you only choose your line-up right before the match so even the players themselve have to wait (even on long distance away-matches).

I don't know how it is best done (without making it dull), but it would be nice to have an option to release your squad early/at the latest moment to the press and to your players (eg. you could actually tell the press a wrong line-up a couple of days before a final to blind your opponent, an tell your players the right line-up).

- 2D engine: More off-pitch action: reserves warming up at the line, coaches don't stay on bench,... + maybe an option to disbale this feature (make the game faster; some people are only interested in the pitch)

- Training stages in winter and/ or summer: eg. Team A goes for 1 week to country X to train and to play against Team Y

- More long term career specials: New options/features/media coverage/... that comes available after 5/10/15 seasons to make it more atractive to play a long career.

Originally posted by wout:

- More long term career specials: New options/features/media coverage/... that comes available after 5/10/15 seasons to make it more atractive to play a long career.

Like what?

Read a couple of months ago a thread about it on these forums with a few good ideas like minor changes in reglementations about subs, foreigners, etc., maybe some news coverage about your experience, more long term financing (doens't have to be the manager that does that can be the club) , more emphasis on some records, ...

No things that really change the game totally, but stuff that breaks the routine and that really make you feel that you are playing in eg 2015 and not in 2005 with just other players.

But I know it's very easy to say and very hard to get right (and to test).

Realistic financial system in relation to transfers. IRL very few transfers will have payments on a monthly basis. Clubs make most of their money in the close season. League prize money and TV deal cash (if applicable) arrives in the summer and maybe 40-60% of gate money is collected in the summer aswell through season tickets. As a result, where teams spread payments then they will be made in the summer:

Real life examples:

Everton are paying £700,000 per year for 5 years to buy Phil Neville.

Real Madrid negotiated Beckhams's payment over the course of his contract, although they activated a clause where they paid it off early as the exchange rate moved into a favourable position for them (not asking for that kind of detail though!)

It would require budgets to be set by the board with a mind to the next 5 years, not just the next 12 months. This would be based on the board's ambition and the club's current state. This would also give FMers the chance to "do a Leeds" if the board's ambition and lack of financial acumen was positioned in a particular way.

Also, a bit of leeway on transfer funds - the board refusing a transfer because you're 5k short is a bit too rigid.

Originally posted by avtwepn2:

-Being able to ask Assman, Coach their opinion mid match, half time.

-Match engine made more interesting

-Proper player valuations. Actual value is usually much higher than the value given.

How do you make the match engine more interesting?

If you mean you usually have to pay more than what a players value is wort then that is correct.

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

My ideas for fm 08

Complete Club control

- Be able to have complete control of the club like change the club's name (like Wimbledon - MK Dons)

-Change club badge

- Change the club's kit. There should be an additioniaonal program that comes with fm 08 where u can make a complete kit from scratch. You should be able to include sponsers and kit manufactures.

- Stadium Expansion. You should be able to easilly expand the stadium without the board stoping it. Ive never been able to expand stadium in fm 05 +06. Again there could be a seprate program that comes with the game and you get a 3d model of any stadium and be able to expand it. This could be a bit like the stadium expansion in total club manager 2004. But if a stadium was expanded in a different program it should be noticed in the news.

Moving Stadium - You should be able to move stadium like arsenl did with highbury. You could buy up plots of land or buy old stadiums like Plough Lane (former home of Wimbledon that hasnt been used for 15 years)

Renting Stadium - You should be able to rent out your stadium for concerts and other sport events like old trafford and soccer aid. This would give the club more money.

Training Facilities - Like with my idea for the stadium expansion you could expand the training complex in a model like with the stadium expansion idea.

Lower league managers

- You should be able to do a lot more trivial things in lower leagues like opting as manager to wash kits to build team moral.

- advertising team. If you are managing a team in confrence you should be able to advertise team matches around the city to build attendances.

- offering public team meetings. You could allow the team to have an afternoon with the public to build support.

- team bonding sessions. before a season you could take your team out to play golf or on holiday with no WAGs.

- arange charity events.

- Have open trial days. This could be when you have a trial open to the genral public and you can scout for raw talent.

Other stuff

Sponsership - Have real life club sponsers and kit manufactures. Be able to buy adboards for the coming season. Sponsers should differ from league to league like Audi wont sponser barnet but a local sponser will.

in match - If there is a better stadium expansion then you should be able to see the roof and adboards from the birds eye view.

Squad numbers - these should not have to be done until about a week before the start of a season so that gives you more time to buy players.

Have players refusing to paly for the team and players could have to have hospital operations.

No disrespect but you play and want the game to move on for all the wrong reasons.

Originally posted by ntfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

My ideas for fm 08

Complete Club control

-Change club badge

Lower league managers

- arange charity events.

Other stuff

No disrespect but you play and want the game to move on for all the wrong reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I'd hate to see those ideas

I would image most of my idea's have been mentioned but....

#1. the Ability to move stadium, when playing lower league clubs, it becomes frustrating when youhave a tiny stadium and cant do anything.

#2. Press. I dont want TCM style all the damn time, but I would like more press interaction, like before a big game, when winning the league, when a player is crocked for months.

I know some of this is already built in, but it would be great to see it expanded.

#3. The ability to talk to players privatly, if I think aplayer is not playing well, i dont want to have to speak to the press to tell him.

#4. Complain about a ref back

#5. Scouting is poor (IMHO) it could be improved a great deal.

Guest grelch

Probably an irrelevant suggestion, and doesn't add to the strategy of the game, but does add to the 'feel'. For those that leave the crowd noise on, maybe have a handful of home crowd songs, ie: West Ham- Bubbles, Liverpool- Never Walk Alone etc. Maybe some booing of a club whose manager has slagged off your club, or of an opposing player who has injured one of your players (boo when he gets the ball). That kind of thing.

I would love to be able to buy a big name player - even after his prime - and there to be a massive shirts/merchandising boom.

Would really help if you were with a little club and you decided to bring in someone whose done a lot in the game. The rewards of this would be great: You'd get exposure and hopefully a boom as far as sales, in terms of season tickets and also merchadising.

And it wouldn't just work with little clubs. Just look at what happened with real Madrid and David beckham... you telling me that the only reason they bought him was because of his skills on the park?

General player popularity would be a good idea. Charting how popular they are, just how is done with coaches/physios/manager.

If you purchase a player who is "known" world wide, then it would draw in the cash from all four corners.

I would like to have the ability to at ANY TIME ask my board for a better/longer contract. In my current game I got at €700 p/w rolling contract that expires in a few months, but I've had it for 4 years...since then my team has got promoted from italian serie B, qualified for the CL (went out in the quarters) and now fighting for the serie A title. Surely any club with a manager doing that would be VERY keen on keeping him and offer him a new contract much sooner then the case have been for me. They now instead risk losing me for nothing (not that I want to change clubs, but they don't know that) instead of making me sign a longer and better contract earlier. And it's also strange that other clubs changing managers knowing my contract situation haven't approached me. Surely I would be the cheapest and best option for them if I was interrested.

Playars who are warming up at the line would be a good idea.

Maybe, the subs begin with a condition of 80.

Than every minute they're warming up, the condition is +1. So after 20 minutes he's absolutely fit to come into the field.

Maybe it's better to begin with 90, but I think the idea is pretty realistic because IRL a player isn't fit if he hasn't warmed up.

Any comments?

sorry if any of these ideas have already been posted. my first post so pretty long.

me personally i like to manage is different countries like spain and italy, and in real football in those countries the president of the club has a big say in who the club buys. In the game i'm not sayin the chairman/president buys the players but should have an influence, which can change over a period oy years if you've been successful and the interference becomes less.

Also in spain there are presidential elections every few years. I think this would be a good feature as there should be various candidates promising to sign various players or managers. If a human manager has done well they can be approached by one of the candidates to sign for the club if he wins the election.

Other improvements i think shud b made are to the database. I've looked at the original database and there are definitely some mistakes i feel. For example some English players are over-rated as are most English clubs especially Newcastle. Titus bramble and steven taylor are not that good. Del piero is given a potential ability of 170. At his best Del Piero is at least 185, i'm not sayin that is what his current ability is but when he was at his best. Some of the Italian players are also over-rated Pazzini, Pinzi, Palombo, Esposito are given potential ability of 180. I'm sure most of these will be rectified anyway, but someone under-rated is Gerrard whose given 188 but Lampard is 190. Ibrahimovic's stats are too good. He has 19 for finishing, 17 crossing, 20 dribbling, nearly all his stats are over 15 yet only scored about a dozen goals in reality last season.

I like the idea of feeder clubs but I think there should also be favoured clubs or agreements. Man Utd have good relationship with Sporting, Charlton just agreed deal with Valencia. Academies for big clubs are world-wide e.g. Real Madrid have academies in Africa, China and Mexico.

At the moment the game is too easy i think, I took charge of Inter and won the treble in my first season and it didn't finish there. I won the treble for the next two seasons and didn't lose a game, drew only about 15. I had too much money and the game just became easier.

the human manager stats change ridicously. My media handling rating went down to one. If no media question don't come up why does the rating change. Even if i made comments on players and other managers it still didn't change. Under favourite personnel it always says none.

Assistant Mangers should be better. Every time i ask him for team report at beginning of season he says the team needs strenthning, but I have worlds best players and win everthing.

The process of buying players is too simple. In real football some transfers go on for weeks and theres disputes between clubs, players want to own 100% of their image rights. Clubs negotiate over how the payment is made and sometimes players go AWOL if their current club won't sell. Just look at Ashley Cole saga. I would like the option of agreeing to take a player in a few seasons i.e. make a bid in 2006 but take the player in 2009, at the moment the only option is end of season. There should generally be more problems with transfes at times but also some quick transfers.

I also think that should be able to ask older players to become coaches/scouts/assitant like in previous games.

Media improvements is probably hardest for the creators because until you get a level of daily media involvement it won't be realistic. Before a game their is media questioning, sometimes about specific players, tactics and sometimes players linked with club even though the game may be next day. Theres media involvement after the game. when a player is transfered or managers resigns/changes team there is a lot of media involvement.

When i manage a team i.e. england i try to buy the best English players and try to have a squad of english players. The media should praise/criticise managers if they have few or too many foreigners. Also if i become England national manager and i have the best 10-15 of the best english players i should be able to pick them in the national team without being criticised. Also in national teams the media should ask why you pick a certain player if he's not playing well or not playing many games. At the moment nothing happens, i could pick a squad of players totally out of form and have no questions asked, should also apply at club level.

Get rid of human manager stats, keep manager points maybe but the rest are fairly pointless and a distraction from the game. You don't need to be a great manager to have great stats.

Probably harder to implement but since so many lower leagues are in the game now (sub-conference, lower northern irish leagues) that aren't nessicerily professional certain players should be unaviable due to work commitments for some games.

Do players still go AWOL? I remember it in the older games but havn't seen it any of the new games-maybe I'm just unlucky/lucky. If not bring that back-in moderation obviously.

Originally posted by DjFeyenoord:

Playars who are warming up at the line would be a good idea.

Maybe, the subs begin with a condition of 80.

Than every minute they're warming up, the condition is +1. So after 20 minutes he's absolutely fit to come into the field.

Maybe it's better to begin with 90, but I think the idea is pretty realistic because IRL a player isn't fit if he hasn't warmed up.

Any comments?

Players warm up to prevent injury and raise their pulse etc in order to start performing instantly. A player can (and IRL does) come on without properly warming up, they just take a while to get in the game and risk injury. It has nothing to do with fitness/condition and 1 minute would never raise it by +1. Anyway, how can you say all subs start at 80, surely they would start at their actual condition just like the starting players?

I would however like to see players warming up alongside the pitch as a cosmetic thing.

Originally posted by Andy Williams:

I think it would be cool to give instructions to subs as they came on and give the reason you subbed them to the player coming off. What do you guys think - would it be good or bad?

Maybe an option as part of the team talk to say they were only subbed for fitness or something, it shouldn't be a necessary thing though. It would be cool if players got annoyed at being subbed though and in the commentary it said "player x clearly isn't pleased at his manager's decision" then later you can talk to him and explain why or punish him.

That was the point that i addressed few days ago about giving a reason when substituting.

I Also would like the option to send your national staff to club games to watch your players for instance.Steve Mclaren would send his staff to a premiership game and they come back with a detailed report of the players performances.

Here are some of my thoughts on future FMs:

1-Scouting. As many people have commented about his issue on this thread, I'm not going to repeat those thigs, it just has to be improved.

2-Press conferences: Although relationships with media has been improved in every previous game, I still think it needs much more work. First of all, I think post-match press conferences would be great. We could chose our opinion about how the game was (like the post-match comment to players) and then we could be asked a few questions related to the oppositon theam, the refree if there was a penalty or sendeing off, a player's good or bad performance, the team's form, it's future aims etc. I know it would be difficult to make all of these without making it repetitive but I know you guys can do it icon_cool.gif

3-Transfer budgets: One annoying thing that I usually face in this game is having extra transfer budget, but having no wage budget left. I usually sign players taht have contract close to expiring and dont use transfer budget much, but the dont have enough age budget. I think we sould be given a total budget at the start of a season and should be able to spend it freely; like spending it all on wages.

4-Minor issues: There are few problems with the match engine, like unrealistic ball bouncing and curves, too many easy mistakes in good teams (like passes to keepers which fall short), silly set-pieces (and set piece marking), throwins going directly out etc. Also just came to my ming, although it wasnt very useful, I really liked when agents came trying to sell their players, I missed that on FM06.

Cheers

Would like to see feature whereby you can ask clubs for team reports into clubs they've played before i.e. man utd have asked brondby what fc copenhagen are like for their upcoming champions league games. Also sending your assistant manager to specific games to report on upcoming opponents.

I know pitch sizes and the like have been talked about in the past, like how pitch size information should be incorporated into the game. However, in order for this to work, and because SI are dependant on the information that comes from their researchers, we should just have large, narrow, or wide in the information screen.

One other thing, can we please have an option to "check all" when we choose to give instructions to players going for friendlies. Its very cumbersome having to go into one and ticking each of individually. Alternatively the page could pre-load with all the boxes ticked for playing one half.

Archived