Keygayleuk, simply brilliant post, you've saved me writing about 80% of the other stuff I'd noted from other posts! The new staff roles would add a lot I think.
And complaining about my 17 year old hot prospect striker is a big bugbear!
Other things (and most of these have already been mentioned, but I think the more they're mentioned the more likely we'll see them in the new game).
1) make transfer money avaible earlier (have missed a lot of FRT because funds aren't available until its too late)
2) foreign training camps
3) a tour squad should be announced (maybe 30 players total?)
1) dietitian, as a supplement to stamina coaching
2) better reporting from physio (slight bruise on arm or hamstring twinge for example. Also more in-match feedback a la ass man.
3) full medical report on player signing (eg, player passed but susceptible to ankle problems, slightly over weight, etc)
4) enable training progress over players career at club (as opposed to last 12 months)
5) explain the difference in costs between treating a player by the physio as opposed to specialist
1) make min release visible on player search screens
2) bring back first option transfers
3) enable buy from- loan back to (or even buy from/loan another player as part of the deal)
4) buy multiple players as part of a package
1) allow captains feedback post game, or even mid week (the rest of the players are unhappy because x is guarannteed 1st team football, etc)
2) when picking teams (for reserves and 1st team), the option to explain why players were picked/dropped would be useful (blood young players, rest star player for big game, match fitness, etc)
3) on the player interaction screen you should be able to tell a player he's not wanted (if he won't accept a transfer etc) and he'll rot in your reserves if he stays.
4) you should also be able to explain to players why you are sending them to a feeder (experience, w/p, etc)
5) you should be able to have more interaction with players in private.
6) more in-match interaction (psyche up subs coming on, yell instructions from sideline)
7) tv/magazine interviews, more seldom but more in-depth than a press conference
8) short press conference when new players are signed, maybe a weekly conference preseason to discuss new signings/rumours?
1) bring back the videos from agents
2) at the start of each season your chief scout (or an elected scout anyway) should give you a list of all the tournaments for the year, and you should be able to assign scouts to several, non-overlapping tournaments from a single screen. (why can't my best scout be assigned to the Olympics and uefa-19s a the same time, even though they would have to be scouted at the same time?). It's a pain to have to remove a scout from a finished competition and go back an check if there are any new tournaments every month)
1) at the board room you should be able to improve medical and commercial facilities
2) people have mentioned the odd chance of someone being injured in the warm up
3) once you've confirmed a sub, but someon else gets injured/sent off before you're changes have actually been applied (ie before you're subs have hit the pitch) you should be able to cancel them
4) trophey cabinet
5) if you manage the reserves, surely you should get a little kudos if they win the league?
6) a short list for staff, so you can keep an eye on star scouts at other clubs.
7) and some more hype about wonderkids, especially in foreign countries, so they are brought to your attention.
8) finally, when you advertise a job, the applicants should be presented as a shortlist, which you can save, and compare like in the normal staff screens
I know a lot of this is rehashed, but there seems to be a lot of support for some of these on the forum so I thought it might be good just to keep them fresh. And there are one or 2 ideas I would really like to see implemented (I like to think they're original but I'd be surprised if they were!). I'd defeintely like the see the job-applicaant short-list and the grid-view to assign scouts to different tournaments, all from the same screen.
Sorry for the long post, these are all little niggle more than huge issues for me, but if you don't rant...