Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dane_giggs

To be able to set up links or relationships with feeder clubs. Like what chelsea did with La Galaxy, Man Utd with Royal Antwerp, etc...that'll be a nice feature

Despite what others think of the idea to include the stadium around the pitch, I do feel this is something that could be looked at. Currently there is no graphical representation as to who is at home during the match, it isnt important but it would add flavour.

Just a simple couple of rows of inanimate supporters in the club colours around the edge of the screen, with a small section set aside for away support. If each clubs "stadium" had a different section of the ground for away support this would improve individuality between clubs.

Im not looking for total realism, meaning a true reflection of real stadiums and where they put the away support. I was just thinking about it last night- Cisse had scored at they all ran in the corner to celebrate, currently they could be playing on the local park but in my FM minds eye he ran towards the away fans were to celebrate. Ideally this could be linked to ingame text "The away support are furious" etc

We've all seen the "they love him" message after a goal, Again in my imagination hes running towards the home end when that comes up.

Its quite easy to build up an affinity with players but doing the same with a club is more difficult as they are pretty much indentical.

Ultimately, none of this will improve the game in itself but it would improve the game you play in you head at the same time(Thats not just me is it?).

More and Better media comments.

Show a managers previous playing history.

Better realism in transfer fee's.

Have an accademy director and be able to appoint a new or sack one.

Also when playing a network game, i would like to appoint my friend to be say reserve team manager, there for on the same side.

I really would like too see background changes return as i really do miss it like in cm3/4.Especially stadium backgrounds when you play a match,i do read the forums and a lot of people keep posting messages on how to do this in fm2005/2006 which i know is not in the games so it shows that a lot of people miss this option, and it should be an option i think it made the original cm3/4 games more atmospheric,i know some people dont think its necessary but if it is an option you can choose to use it or not

Originally posted by Dave C:

Believe me, there's not a single person on these forums that has more in-depth critique of the game under his belt than me..

What a ridiculously arrogant thing to say. It assumes that because you expatiate the most you know the most or have the greatest understanding. Breathtaking naivety from one who proclaims to be so clever.

As for suggestions for FM 07, here's a brief outline of my twopenneth:

- must be a way of having players in the first team squad regularly turn out for the reserves if I so decide. Not only to maintain match fitness but to aid injury recovery.

- all aspects of the media model need huge development, as opposed to the piecemeal progression of 2006.

- still greater variation in the match engine. There needs to be more mistakes, more sparks of genius, better goals and cleverer football. However good a team you create or however you set them up tactically, you could never recreate the way Arsenal play IRL in FM. There is very little quick incisive passing, little vision or creative flair. Ronaldinho just looks like any other decent striker on the game because there isn't the scope in the engine for his class to be portrayed. Viewed independently the FM match engine is excellent, when viewed in relation to a real match there is no comparison. Whilst parity is impossible, SI can and must close the gap with each release.

They're what spring to mind instantly.

Now i play quite alot of managing games and today whilst playing LMA Manager on the ps2 i had a sort of idea for FM,weel waht it is, is LMA have shortcuts as what to shout at your players when your team our in possesion eg say triangle would be to shoot on site in a situation where your 2-1 down with five minutes to go.

i feel this would go well in FM as after your players have had there milk and cookies at half time during the team talk, the rest is down to them isn't it? you can't really do anything else but watch the game and make a few subs. sure you can pause the game and set the mentality to attack in that situation realism away, i want to be able to tell my players PRECISELY what to do in situations from the touchline not pause the game to have to .Generally i feel that having shortcuts to shout at your players during real time would add realism to FM as in real life you don't just see jose sitting on the bench during the match, you see him getting agitated at every incident during the game telling his players what to do shouting there heads off.

i also want to be able to argue with the refs decisions and i want to get touchline bans during the game so then it would bring a new aspect to FM that is you'd have to phone your assistant and give him insructions on what to do during the game, i also want to see like in real life players bombarding the referee when a decision goes against them, more stupid yellow and red card decisions to get fully across in FM just how difficult a referee's job is.

Now then heres the weird but sort of good idea imo i had today (bear with me i'm not sure how to word this) well what i thought was for people with webcams could connect there webcams to the game and during the game when a penalty kick is awarded against the human manager lets say there angry the camera would catch this and save it into lets say c://program files/fm2007/camera/penalty0987 and the next day you'd get a media item that says something along the lines of 'team x manager misery as his team crash out of FA Cup to acontraversial penalty kick'

underneath it would have watch, it would then show you the penalty kick and your reaction to the decision. As what sky sports do when a penalty/goal is given.

Some of the things I would like to see are:

1) The ability to talk to your players. Seems to me to be a fundamental part of the game still unexplored. It would be nice to explain why you are doing certain things. Such as, "Resting you for the big cup game coming up." and "Dropping you for poor form" or "One more poor game and you're dropped" Player reactions should vary relating to their mental stats.

2) Post match interviews. Simple set of options to allow you to get your point across to fans, the board and opposition managers. As well as a chance to praise / criticise the ref. Although I know that the ref aspect is difficult to implement legally.

3) Better interaction from the fans. Who do they rate at the club? Who do they feel is letting the side down? How happy were they when you rested your key players for the cup game and you got knocked out?

4) Better media. Media questions or comments should be there to put pressure on you. If you go on a run of five or six 1-0's or 0-0's they should start a campaign complaining that you are boring. If you go on a good run they should hype you up with exaggerations. They should target players in a similar fashion. Would be nice to be able to praise / criticise opposition players either before or after a game.

5) Make more of a fuss of winning things. Nothing over the top but some real credit wouldn't go a miss. It's a little depressing when you've gone through a long season, put in a lot of hours, nipped your rivals to the title and all you get is a quick splash page and a message from your board saying, "They are delighted at winning the league" icon_frown.gif

6) Better agents. More approaches from agents and more interference. If your a lower league team with a talented youngster it would be interesting for his agent to put pressure on him / you to move. Agents could drop hints to the media etc.

7) Regens to be better balanced. Better people than I have covered this on the forum.

8) Player memories / relationships. I'm no expert on programming but if you could get this into the game it would open up a world of possibilities. If you dropped a key player for a cup final he should remember it and based on his mental stats he would react to it in different ways. If you got thumped 5-0 at home next time you play that team it would be cool if your players recalled that hurt and again dependant on stats would react to that memory in a certain way. Example would be Crespo with a comment like "Wants revenge for Cup Final defeat against Liverpool"

I would like to see :

- more consistancy in performances , seems results are too random , eg testing the same match without changing anything gets a hugely different score

- constantly opposition players defying there stats , the way some of these players strike the ball are like they have 20 for long shots and shoots with power , despite being a centre back with 10 for long shots.

- too many early goals , most goals happen in first 3 minutes , whatever happened to sides keeping it tight and working a goal

- better media interactions , things to make the manager feel appreciated eg some have mentioned lack of recognition despite 20+ years in job

- more realistic transfer market where poorer players or uneeded players can be picked up cheaper than now , also the AI actually offering realistic bids.

a few additions i would like to see:

match expectation:

in this option u can tell the squad wat u expect from a game and why they should get the result u want.(Like v Inter playing as Treviso u will always wish to tell the squad to keep it as tight as possible and try to counter and a draw would be ideal result)

player expectation:

in this option u tell the player wat u expect from him like below:

(i have given you free role and full attacking instructions so dont disappoint me and try to score a goal and support the ST)

OR

tell ur defenders

(i want u to be as tight as possible in first half as i am looking to win this one in 2nd half)

Subsitution reason:

under this option tell ur subsituted players why you hv taken them off. as:

precaution to long term injury

poor performance

tactical reshuffle etc.

also their are a lot of times when my team are on a great run and 4-5 players are playing good football.u should be allowed to praise them all.even the team at some occassions.

Originally posted by salzia27:

Subsitution reason:

under this option tell ur subsituted players why you hv taken them off. as:

precaution to long term injury

poor performance

tactical reshuffle etc.

100% agree icon14.gif

Would also be helpful to know nature of injury to give you a more informed choice before replacing the player

-When praising players we should get a few different reasons to give for praise not just form, maybe someone has been playing crap but scored a sensational 40 yard goal it'd be good to say something like 'player x scored a ripper of a goal, he's back baby', then player x's morale goes up.

-Home teams logo on the grass near the nets in the match screen, we can pretend it's painted on.

-Different balls for different competitions, if they don't want to bother with copyright stuff they can release the game with 1 ball as default but give us a directory to put the right ball in the right competition folder.

-Pre-match talk, I concede too many early goals, even when defensive. I'd like to fire 'em up before the game.

-What about when starting unemployed you can apply for assistant manager positions?

The current manager would get you to manage the reserves and youth teams and then it is up to you to win games and build a reputation. You could then either go to another club or the board could sack the current manager and elevate you to the job.

Originally posted by The_Gooners:

Dennis, just the person I wanted to try and catch, since you installed the lastest patch has your spanish fixtures stopped working?

As mine have and dont know why, if you could offer any help would be appreciated.

Yes, they have stopped working... icon_frown.gif

I tried to get some attention in the Editors forum, but no luck...

Okay I see many good points here like improving scouting but the thing I'd like is bigger recognition of big matches.

On the match screen colour code something so it "feels" different from your average league game (gold for Europe, Silver for Domestic Cup etc) Maybe even a graphic/ pre match comments on pre match screen?? I not really sure how but I know why I'd like it if you get me...

• SI Staff
Originally posted by bootle:

Despite what others think of the idea to include the stadium around the pitch, I do feel this is something that could be looked at. Currently there is no graphical representation as to who is at home during the match, it isnt important but it would add flavour.

Just a simple couple of rows of inanimate supporters in the club colours around the edge of the screen, with a small section set aside for away support. If each clubs "stadium" had a different section of the ground for away support this would improve individuality between clubs.

Im not looking for total realism, meaning a true reflection of real stadiums and where they put the away support. I was just thinking about it last night- Cisse had scored at they all ran in the corner to celebrate, currently they could be playing on the local park but in my FM minds eye he ran towards the away fans were to celebrate. Ideally this could be linked to ingame text "The away support are furious" etc

We've all seen the "they love him" message after a goal, Again in my imagination hes running towards the home end when that comes up.

Its quite easy to build up an affinity with players but doing the same with a club is more difficult as they are pretty much indentical.

Ultimately, none of this will improve the game in itself but it would improve the game you play in you head at the same time(Thats not just me is it?).

I like the idea but wonder if it's capable to put in as surley pitch qwould have to be reduced in size to fit it in

things I would like ot see:

1. sent off players leave pitch area and don't stand by dug out

2. Subbed off players normaly sit on bench after being taken off instead of going in between benches, though if anniyed by being taken off can go down the tunnel *followed by media after match about it)

3. Dug outs on correct size of the pitch (Fulham and Luton stand out as 2 were managers and subs have to cross pitch to dug out)

4.more contoral over resrve team without managing it, picking the line up and telling assistant to play player X for X minutes to test fitness and aid recovery from injury, a key thing when returning from ling term injuries

5. After you win a trophey or get prmoted more media, seams like any other match when you win promotion and not like its something speical as it should do.

1,2 and 3 are cosemetic though I assume wouldn't take much to incluce while 4 and 5 I think are good ideas for game

Originally posted by mallen102000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bootle:

I like the idea but wonder if it's capable to put in as surley pitch qwould have to be reduced in size to fit it in

things I would like ot see:

1. sent off players leave pitch area and don't stand by dug out yes, its really annoying watching them at the dugout

2. Subbed off players normaly sit on bench after being taken off instead of going in between benches, though if anniyed by being taken off can go down the tunnel *followed by media after match about it) Annoying watching them by dugout, more media is good idea

3. Dug outs on correct size of the pitch (Fulham and Luton stand out as 2 were managers and subs have to cross pitch to dug out) wouldnt this be hard to implement due to the different types of stadium?

4.more contoral over resrve team without managing it, picking the line up and telling assistant to play player X for X minutes to test fitness and aid recovery from injury, a key thing when returning from ling term injuries yes

5. After you win a trophey or get prmoted more media, seams like any other match when you win promotion and not like its something speical as it should do. definitly

1,2 and 3 are cosemetic though I assume wouldn't take much to incluce while 4 and 5 I think are good ideas for game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couple more:

surely it is within SI's powers now to make the referees and linesmen leave the pitch with the players at full time. It looks shoddy when they play musical statues as the players depart.

might be a good little touch to have the tunnels located in the corners for those grounds like Old Trafford that eschew the traditional half-way line entrance and exit.

perhaps, when there is a penalty shoot out and the player is taken to the screen to select their chosen takers, there could be an indication of those players that have volunteered to take one. Whether they do so or not will be based on their mental atributes and whilst you could still ask someone to take one that hadn't volunteered, he would be less likely to score than somone of similar calibre who had stepped up.

have mind games options that actually work. Everything is taken at face value at the minute. There should be a greater variety of ways to say things, so that it is clear when I am actually praising another team and when I am being devious and trying to pile the pressure on them.

on a similar note, there should always be an option to refuse to be drawn on a matter. Many's the time that a manager slags me off and I'm left with the abilty to either praise or criticise him. I understand that if I wish to do neither that I can just ignore the news item, but it's most emmersive if I actually make it clear that I've heard what he has to say and that it's beneath me to respond. That way, the story and interaction can continue.

Originally posted by Ando THFC:

Couple more:

surely it is within SI's powers now to make the referees and linesmen leave the pitch with the players at full time. It looks shoddy when they play musical statues as the players depart.

might be a good little touch to have the tunnels located in the corners for those grounds like Old Trafford that eschew the traditional half-way line entrance and exit.

perhaps, when there is a penalty shoot out and the player is taken to the screen to select their chosen takers, there could be an indication of those players that have volunteered to take one. Whether they do so or not will be based on their mental atributes and whilst you could still ask someone to take one that hadn't volunteered, he would be less likely to score than somone of similar calibre who had stepped up.

have mind games options that actually work. Everything is taken at face value at the minute. There should be a greater variety of ways to say things, so that it is clear when I am actually praising another team and when I am being devious and trying to pile the pressure on them.

on a similar note, there should always be an option to refuse to be drawn on a matter. Many's the time that a manager slags me off and I'm left with the abilty to either praise or criticise him. I understand that if I wish to do neither that I can just ignore the news item, but it's most emmersive if I actually make it clear that I've heard what he has to say and that it's beneath me to respond. That way, the story and interaction can continue.

Good ideas, i hate it when the referee's dont leave at HT & FT

• 1 month later...

I think you sould be able to bulld training academys any were in the world or invest money in a small lauge tean to scout for you

Ec. if i manage a team like rangers,i could invest in ballymena uth (northen Ireland)or Q.P.R (ENGLAND) so donthave just young scotland players comeing in to your yoth team at the end of the season???

What I would like to see improved in FM 2007 is very different than the most usual suggestions in this forum. It’s the training system. I know it has been changed this year, too but it’s still very unrealistic:

1. The training affects just the players current attributes, not his development. If you, for example, train defence hard and shooting light, your players defensive attributes will increase a couple of months and finishing decreases the same time. If you then change back to normal training, the attributes get back to normal. It’s like you hadn’t trained at all. I think the training should have an effect on what attributes increase, when the players' current ability increases.

2. You can’t improve your players physical stats. IRL it’s the easiest part of game to be developed. You can get your stamina or strength up easily. In FM 2006 already 15-year-old players must have good physics. That’s unrealistic.

3. Player positions. You can't train your player a new natural position, or at least it is way too hard. A player should gain a new natural position when he has played in that position for a year or so. At the same time the odl natural positions should decrease to accomplished. It is annoying to have a player who would be an exellent striker, but you can't train him to be a striker.

4. We should be able to improve Freekicks and penalties, too.

5. Lower attributes should be easier to be improved. Now you can make your player's finihing from 19 to 20 as easily as from 2 to 3.

Guest lordninian

As pointless as this is for most of you, I'd like to see Cardiff's youth scouted properly and for the Welsh language to be on the game.

I wonder about:

Will we be able to communicate with squad/players directly,and not through the press?

Simple things like telling the squadicon_biggrin.gifon't get

so upset,player x had a minimum fee release clause,or player x refused to sign improved contract.

quote:

Originally posted by Shah Gangster:

1. Scouts (realistic)

2. Manager (T.C.M Style buy your own house, car, own club etc.. If don't want this and ask why? where the money go to when we manage club?)

3. Ranks ( Roman Abramovich isn't chairman he's owner, so I think - Owner, Chairman, etc...

4. Finances ( T.C.M style borrow money, investment in bank, etc...

5. Stadium (Adding 3D stadium in game will bring new levels. T.C.M style add seats, etc...

6. Youth (T.C.M style, youth camps everywhere in the world like feeder club.

7. Leagues (More leagues outside europe, more english leagues like Kent League.)

7) I wonder if you realise just how far down the Pyramid the Kent League really is - by my reckoning it's at least 2 or maybe 3 levels below the Conference South.This would mean including the 3 Leagues that feed into the Conference N/S some of whom have 2 Divisions - I suggest you research this on Wikipedia.Also if SI did manage to include this amount of Clubs in the English Pyramid then those who play CM in the Italian Divisions would be screaming out for Serie D to be included - all 182 Clubs of it (9 Divsions of 18) - it's not going to happen I fear.

7) I wonder if you realise just how far down the Pyramid the Kent League really is - by my reckoning it's at least 2 or maybe 3 levels below the Conference South.This would mean including the 3 Leagues that feed into the Conference N/S some of whom have 2 Divisions - I suggest you research this on Wikipedia.Also if SI did manage to include this amount of Clubs in the English Pyramid then those who play CM in the Italian Divisions would be screaming out for Serie D to be included - all 182 Clubs of it (9 Divsions of 18) - it's not going to happen I fear.

My apologies for a 2nd post but that should be FM and not CM( he added,with an embarressed grin)

These are only ideas ,wot do you think people??[/

1. with the money your getting payed as the manger of the club,you sould be able to save your wages to a bank acc or something, than you could have some extra money to buy in player(with your own money, or before a big game say to your players if you play well this game ill give yous so much money as a bonus for playing well or if they won the game(Out of the money you have saved in the bank from your managers job??

2. I think you sould be able to talk to players 1 on 1 ,ec are you happy playing for the club

3. players talk to other players ,(ec if a player have played for your club for 2 years and there from the u.s.a and you go to buy i player from the u.s.a the player that was with you for 2 years could help incorage the player to come to the club your after by phoneing him and saying its a great club to play for ....you get my idea??

Originally posted by Broxi:

These are only ideas ,wot do you think people??[/

1. with the money your getting payed as the manger of the club,you sould be able to save your wages to a bank acc or something, than you could have some extra money to buy in player(with your own money, or before a big game say to your players if you play well this game ill give yous so much money as a bonus for playing well or if they won the game(Out of the money you have saved in the bank from your managers job??

2. I think you sould be able to talk to players 1 on 1 ,ec are you happy playing for the club

3. players talk to other players ,(ec if a player have played for your club for 2 years and there from the u.s.a and you go to buy i player from the u.s.a the player that was with you for 2 years could help incorage the player to come to the club your after by phoneing him and saying its a great club to play for ....you get my idea??

1. Silly! doesn't happen irl

2. Much requested but a huge job to make it meaningful

3. Pointless

4. you came put a add out for scouts ,ass ,managers ,trainers.and so on

what you you could put a add out for players for Agents to come to with videos .(ec i need a MC for my team i place a add leting the a Agents+players know i need a MC ,and then the Agents come to you with videos ... icon14.gif

i agree with you m8 they sould do this

icon14.gif

Originally posted by MEOW192005:

1.Champions League ( Music Should Play when there standing in a line.)

2.Champions League ( players Should Enter Ground then go past each other shaking hands.)

3.National Football ( Should be the same as above, but National Anthems Instead.)

4.When Club Wins Trophy ( Possibly big pic of trophy fireworks going off behind, and your teams name on the trophy.

Thats All I can come up with for now,Game really good!

Originally posted by Broxi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kriss

wot do you think of number 4 then ??? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that I quite like, I miss the videos that use to arrive quite often.

Needs a bit of thinking about though as agents aren't flavour of the month & SI are very careful to avoid controversial subjects (for obvious reasons)

4. you came put a add out for scouts ,ass ,managers ,trainers.and so on

what you you could put a add out for players for Agents to come to with videos .(ec i need a MC for my team i place a add leting the a Agents+players know i need a MC ,and then the Agents come to you with videos ...

Originally posted by MEOW192005:

2.Champions League ( players Should Enter Ground then go past each other shaking hands.)

3.National Football ( Should be the same as above, but National Anthems Instead.)

4.When Club Wins Trophy ( Possibly big pic of trophy fireworks going off behind, and your teams name on the trophy.

I think all of this would quickly become very repetative and boring. "Ah feck I've seen that already. Let's play!"

I'd rather see more media interaction.

Ability to praise/criticise entire team.

Even better scouting system

Get rid of ridiculous AI bids. Bidding 2.4M for a 65K player is ridiculous even if it was the next Ronaldinho in the making.

Get rid of all the small errors here and there that gets to people over time.

Do NOT work for one second on a 3D match-engine

Possibly better ability for smaller teams to gain bigger crowds with success, and better ability to upgrade stadium capacity.

Expanding the skin-system so we can design how we want everything to look like basically.

Overview of manager trophy cabinet, much like the club history overview, but also include promotions and relegations.

Better negotiating-process. If the price of player x is 50K, and you give 40K, the club shouldn't double what it wants every time you try to negotiate.

Include more leagues and/or more divisions.

If possible increase the speed of processing.

Possibility of changing leagues from basic/normal/full between season (this may not be technically possible tho)

Ability to add notes for all sorts of newsmessages.

A notepad window where you can write down important stuff you should do. "Remember to put those blokes from Reserves to First team at that date. Remember to eat. Remember to sleep. Remember the exam tomorrow." icon_biggrin.gif

Do some of these things and we'll have a better game. Cosmetic changes like themes of this and that isn't important, and it will surely get repetative and annoying after you've seen it a few times.

Originally posted by Pangaea:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MEOW192005:

I think all of this would quickly become very repetative and boring. "Ah feck I've seen that already. Let's play!"

I'd rather see more media interaction.

Ability to praise/criticise entire team.

Even better scouting system

Get rid of ridiculous AI bids. Bidding 2.4M for a 65K player is ridiculous even if it was the next Ronaldinho in the making.

Get rid of all the small errors here and there that gets to people over time.

Do NOT work for one second on a 3D match-engine

Possibly better ability for smaller teams to gain bigger crowds with success, and better ability to upgrade stadium capacity.

Expanding the skin-system so we can design how we want everything to look like basically.

Overview of manager trophy cabinet, much like the club history overview, but also include promotions and relegations.

Better negotiating-process. If the price of player x is 50K, and you give 40K, the club shouldn't double what it wants every time you try to negotiate.

Include more leagues and/or more divisions.

If possible increase the speed of processing.

Possibility of changing leagues from basic/normal/full between season (this may not be technically possible tho)

Ability to add notes for all sorts of newsmessages.

A notepad window where you can write down important stuff you should do. "Remember to put those blokes from Reserves to First team at that date. Remember to eat. Remember to sleep. Remember the exam tomorrow." icon_biggrin.gif

Do some of these things and we'll have a better game. Cosmetic changes like themes of this and that isn't important, and it will surely get repetative and annoying after you've seen it a few times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beautifully nutshelled, apply for a job with SI (as MD)

The Cypriot League.

I go there on holiday a lot and have looked into the league. Its a decent standard, some decent players playing out there. The teams perform better in Europe than some other leagues in the game. In general, its better than the likes of Iceland, Belarus, Finland, Wales, N.Ireland and Ireland and on a par with some others like Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary etc. (Although I understand some of these leagues are included because there is a strong market and more people buy the game in these countries than in Cyprus).

Originally posted by Pangaea:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kriss:

Beautifully nutshelled, apply for a job with SI (as MD)

Hehe, thanks icon_smile.gif

Doubt they'll have much use of me though. I'd just be playing the game all the time and forget about testing or coding icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you think they don't??

It would be nice if SI could make computer controlled teams put their sub 'keeper as substitute number 4. This would make leagues like Wales and Northern Ireland more realistic, since almost no manager IRL would name a goalkeeper on the bench when he only can name 3 subs.

Putting the 'keeper as sub5 would not be good as the Danish League has 4 subs and one of them has to be a goalkeeper.

Originally posted by The Lone Ranger:

It would be nice if SI could make computer controlled teams put their sub 'keeper as substitute number 4. This would make leagues like Wales and Northern Ireland more realistic, since almost no manager IRL would name a goalkeeper on the bench when he only can name 3 subs.

Putting the 'keeper as sub5 would not be good as the Danish League has 4 subs and one of them has to be a goalkeeper.

Really i never knew that..and I complained about the English league having only 5...

This is actually a huge problem. it's the same in Northern Ireland - only 3 subs. Last season I went almost all the time with 3 outfielders. But keeper got injured in the friendlies this year so don't think I will dare. If the goalie gets injured you are royally ****ed :/

Archived