The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

I realise this, it just seems so obvious and so easy to fix!! If I noticed it after an hour or so of playing the game, I'm sure a tester must have noticed it at some point, given how often you have to use this part of the screen....and to be fair, this isnt cosmetic. If you have news you need to read, but you miss it because you're not told about it....

cosmetic might not be the right word, i meant more that it's not exactly a game breaker.

Also, it may be easy to fix, but equally, it might not be. Also, builds will most likely have been being issued to testers up until a short time before going gold (each containing new bug fixes)... what's to say this didn't crop up in one of the very final builds, and had to be prioritised out?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok now although I'm not totally in love with the new FM like a lot on here, props off to the SI team for what is obviously a hell of an effort for this years game.

One thing that is impossible to not like is the new speed of the game. A lot of work must of gone into this and it's playing like a dream. An absolute joy.

I'm not hugely fussed on the UI though. To be honest I found the one in past versions pretty good, but perhaps this was the reason for the slow performance, so maybe a whole new UI was needed for speed to be increased. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I'm not a lover of the attribute colours either. If I do get the full game when it's out I'll probably change these myself to something like the attribute colour in the Flex skin. I find a yellow/orange attribute colour scheme so much easier and pleasant to look at than a blue or green scheme.

The tactic creator though is a fantastic idea.

I've experienced some really bad decisions in the 3D match engine. A fair few blatent offsides (when I say blatent, I mean 5-10 yards offside) which have led to goals which weren't disallowed. Also some really harsh challenges which were definite fouls, but the referee didn't blow up for them. Also had a couple of ridiculous goals. A cross from near the corner spot floated into the goal and the keeper didn't even move. Also had a keeper run to the wing to sliding tackle someone eventhough there were defenders covering the area, and the keeper missed which ended up with a goal.

Impressed so far, couple of minor bugs (inbox saying no unread items when there are some, etc) but I note that these have been picked up already which is fair enough. Not really looked properly yet as I've only played a few matches, but I'm hoping there isn't still a daft gap between making your substitutions on the tactics screen, and them coming on in the game (really should happen the first time the ball goes out, plus an option to cancel, eg if you want to make your 3rd change, and before you can, your keeper gets sent off, so you need to bring the sub keeper on), but overall I'm impressed so far. On this form, if the demo goes as well as I hope it will, I'll be buying the full game.

very very good played my first game away v stoke and guess what rory delap throws the ball in 2 times and they score from it 2 times got a 2-2 draw bloody good stuff si my only worry is maybe the ball over the top is a little to effective but then again i do play counter and my lone striker does have 18 for pace.

early days yet but iam impressed with almost everything new apart from the skin i find it a bit gimmicky but hey new ones will be along soon

time to sleep now work then fm tomorrow sounds good

It's been absolutely brilliant so far. I think I have rotated my squad and tactics in each of the first 10 games and it is so easy to adapt to the different players using the new tactics editor. Every time I change the tactics it is noticable in the 3D match engine and I am loving how they play how you want them to.

The interface is brilliant although I am sure there are many things I am not using still and i'll familiarise myself more with them. The processing speed and game flow is just amazing. It is such a huge improvement.

Just a few minor things I've noticed so far:

1. My new assistant manager disagrees with every piece of advice given in the backroom meetings (really every single one) but then when i see his feedback going into a match he usually provides the exact same advice as he just disagreed with in the meeting. I can't decide if that is a bug or if he just has a character trait to be argumentative. It's not really major just a little confusing and doesn't really affect my game play.

2. The new match analysis is really nice, however on a few occasions I see that a player has made for example 10 passes with 7 complete but only 8 total passes are shown on the display. Now and then it will have 7 passes with 5 complete in the stats but on the display there will be 6 completed of the 7. Again it doesn't make much difference to me just a small thing i noticed.

3. In the press conferences, the personality of the reporter is always n/a. Is this simply because it is the demo and they are random reporters?

I'm loving the demo so far, improved in so many ways from 09 and we arent even at release or patch number 1 yet!

as for the inbox "bug" it's simply not refreshing enough which means when more news is created it isnt shown on the inbox icon.

Only played pre season so far but I am enjoying the new look.

Ronaldo 15 for freekicks is a tad low.

So is 15 for passing for Anderson. He's got one of the best passing games in the league.

Also Ronaldo 12 strength? Ha..I don't want to be nit picky with attributes..I'll fix them when I get the game but Giggs and Fletcher aren't as strong as Ronaldo.

So need to get to bed as up at 5:30am for work.

After being asleep for most of the evening (thanks work and England) I finally got to look at the demo.

Not played a game but have found a really interesting feature. We know about the custom screens we can do but also if we goto a header say Other on a Player Search if you move the cursor to one of the words Position we can drag everything either left or right and all the screen adjust with what you're doing making it all neater to view rather than big gaps.

Nice little feature SI. :thup:

First Impressions very very good.

Here are my 2 small bugs

Got an injury report - clicked on view injury table and get presented with next fixtures panel

2nd - half time in a match, trying to alter opposition instructions and I do not get my opponents team list up. It worked before the match.

Im playing as Plymouth

Just played the demo for an hour and i must say it looks and feels fantastic so many good things you have done just amazing great job!.I'm definitely buying the game.I have one issue tho even with last years game the 3d match engine runs really laggy for me but the rest of the game is fine and quick.What would the problem be and how could i improve and stop the lagging because 3d looks even better.

This could be the best Football manager yet.

Scouting by region still looks broken. You want to tell me that in two weeks of scouting 2 different regions of Europe, that my scouts hav \e not come up with a single player? Unless this is due to being a 1-nation quickstart, it is quite silly.

I've played around 10 games so far;

+

Windowed Mode - Finally

Dark Skin - Very nice

3D Engine - Looks good

Match analyses - Impressive

Switching trough pages - Much faster - Specially the player search page

Backroom feedback - Interesting and very good

Notes system - awesome

GUI - looking very clean, i like it!

The whole game is faster

News system - Is quite nice - But i don't think i will look much there

Stadiums & Sideline view - Nice

Injury marker in 3D Engine - Very nice

Tactic Wizard & Options - Good!

-

National teams U21 - I can't manage The Netherlands U21 for example. (is this because of the demo?!)

Filter Search players (National player's list) - If you search for players that can play for your U19 team with the Filter, there are still players that can't play in the next game. For example Bojan.

Also if i want to register the players it says: Players above the age of 19 are not playable, but all my players are 19 or under 19?!

Still not subbing on the first ball out.

If the ball goes against an advertising board, and the ball goes back to the goal, than the ball goes through the net.

(Sorry for my english)

How do you get the windowed and dark skin?????

First Impressions very very good.

Here are my 2 small bugs

Got an injury report - clicked on view injury table and get presented with next fixtures panel

2nd - half time in a match, trying to alter opposition instructions and I do not get my opponents team list up. It worked before the match.

Im playing as Plymouth

Same here!!!

I love FM10. SI have taken great strides with this year's version. I have just a single tiny gripe, and that is the colour of players' attributes not being varied enough - high ones should be bright red or something more discernible. And that's it.

Still not gone to bed just 4 hours till I get up for work. :(:D

Playing my first match. The touchline shouts layout is very disappointing. I prefer the polished look of them in a right hand bar on FML.

Can we not have the same FML look but in a drop down box then use the shouts?

I think unless you've played FML it's hard to explain but they just look better than FM10's one. It looks a little less polished.

Untitled-4.jpg

That, in all truth, looks terrible. C'mon SI, surely someone on the team would notice that that just doesn't look right?

Agreed it doesn't look right tbh, I'd like to know what's going on with the logo/badge in the top right hand corner every game, why is it that size and not the size of the badge on the left, not a huge problem at all but does look odd.

SI SI SI...

This game looks absolutely immense :) Can't say I have done much on it because I don't normally download the demo but from what I have done it looks fantastic. Have used Steam for the first time aswell and that has worked like a dream and everything about the new game is getting me very excited I must admit.

One question and apologies if this has been answered how come my 3D rating is half a star? Even though I meet the requirements easily? Ratings bug perhaps I don't know.

Next 2 weeks will go so slow until release day!

HELP! I downloaded the Vanilla demo (PC Vista user) and when I click on the 'Setup FM2010 Vanilla Demo' icon shortcut on my dektop, I am asked with which program I want to open the file with??? I haven't had this before, nevertheless, I chose Steam, I log-on to Steam (install all necessary updates etc.) but the game is nowhere to be found!! I am quite confused!

What does it mean what program I should open the file with? Shouldn't it install the program (FM2010) itself upon prompting?

• Administrators
HELP! I downloaded the Vanilla demo (PC Vista user) and when I click on the 'Setup FM2010 Vanilla Demo' icon shortcut on my dektop, I am asked with which program I want to open the file with??? I haven't had this before, nevertheless, I chose Steam, I log-on to Steam (install all necessary updates etc.) but the game is nowhere to be found!! I am quite confused!

What does it mean what program I should open the file with? Shouldn't it install the program (FM2010) itself upon prompting?

Rename the file with .exe at the end and you should be able to run it.

Just noticed that fans comment on your outgoing transfers in confidence menu.

Nice touch, we'll see what I think of it in the full game though, as I suspect that it could cause too much upsetting of the fans if you have to let a bunch of people leave.

- Any Si thoughts on customizable matchview, instead of predefined(zooming/360)? Its so easy to implement.

- 5 stars is too little. It makes me feel that there is not alot of difference between players(star-wise).

- I miss the stats screen. Is it somewhere or did you scratch it for analysis? If you did - bring it back.

- It's nice with audience, but Kevin Toms-like 2 animations? This isn't 1983. This might be mostly a spreadsheet program, but seriously. I know you haven't had alot of time to create this one, so do even better in FM11.

- I might remember wrong as I am pretty old, but as far as I can remember the old versions had fans singing. I know people make noises, but it doesn't sound like noise. It does here - just like previous versions.

- Ditto, but why not reintroduce commentators?

- It seems to be a size issue, when it appears there could be thrice as many players on the field to make it cramped like in the real world.

I love the goalnet in the game - nice touch. Just kidding there is more to like:

- The player stats are toned down a bit, which is good.

- The game stats are more versatile and realistic.

- Tactics is just what I had hoped for, as I was a big critic against Tactic Manager.

- The weather change is a very nice touch. I sincerely hope that it is more region based, so the rest of the world doesn't have english weather.

- Overall it is very polished, even if I don't find the UI intuitive, but it is an improvement.

I still haven't played long, but wanted some SI response on my Matchview question, and I think it drowned - or just the wrong forum for suggestions before retail release?

wow! talk about overwhelming! i have only just started playing and im loving everything so far. so much to work out etc. im sure there will be bugs that come out but it look brilliant and runs great. well done si i have never felt this excited about the game.

can anyone tell me is the dark skin available on the vanilla demo i cant find it at all only see fm10 skin in pref
It's not. So your eyes did not betray you. So even if Vanilla tastes better than Strawberry, the latter brings more flavours.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS GAME LOOKS BRILLIANT. AHHHHHHHHH. SO MUCH AWESOME I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT. WOOOOOHOOOOO.

I can't wait for the rippling nets in the Mac version. Everything looks so so so much better than FM09, and I loved that. This is just awesome. The UI is pretty confusing atm but it's simply a matter of getting used to it.

One question. When viewing a player's report card after he's scouted, FM09 had an option to examine the report card at the various positions he can play at. I don't seem to be able to do that on FM10? Am I just missing it or was it removed?

Archived