The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L.A. Sports News

Benat Fernandez Iglasias has been unusually quiet recently. Since N.T.I were unfortunately beaten by U.S.A he has refused all media attention. Our man, Frank Black, appears to be developing a good relationship with the rising star though and managed to get a few words after the recent N.T.I defeat to Austria.

F.B: How do you feel things went out there Benat?

B.F.I: Obviously the result wasn't what we wanted and the performance wasn't up to much but, the squad is still young and we are learning. Playing well oraganised teams like Austria can only help the team in the long term. It's much better than playing a minnow like Singapore and not getting a win, that would shatter the confidence of any player.

F.B: I take it you heard the S.T.I score then, did their result make you happy?

B.F.I: A positive result for N.T.I would make me happy, their result just made me smile a little.

F.B: What about the summer friendlies with Poland and Cuba do you think you can get results there?

B.F.I: Poland will be another tough game but I fully expect a massive win against Cuba. I owe the squad a performance as I have not been playing well recently but that will change.

F.B: Finally, how are things at Chivas?

B.F.I: Everything is great. I'm getting lots of chances in the team and the set up is fantastic. Hopefully I can start scoring a few goals and we can push for the title.

Good stuff Dodge :thup:

A second cap for Castagnoli now, but he really needs to step up his international performances. Both have been awful so far.

No appearances in the Milan first team, but that's not a big surprise. Hopefully he's getting a fair amount of games in the under 20 side.

:thup: to Fred for forcing his way back into the starting line-up after a period of absence. Definitely good to see no dodgy Mr Gray this time round.

P.S. Sorry I haven't been posting regularly enough, been really busy the past week and it looks to be more of the same for this. :(

2008/9 Season Review: Competitions

Here’s a round up of all the international, continental and major domestic competitions from the last year, including the competitions our players’ teams were involved in.

International

Confederations Cup Final

CONACAF Gold Cup Final*

*Hopefully, we’ll see one or both of our nations here in 2011!

Worldwide Club

Club World Championship Final

Pan-Pacific Championship Final

Europe

Champions League Final* | UEFA Cup Final

*Unlucky Arsenal – McBob Jnr and van Pieters didn’t play in the final but there’s plenty more time for that. ;)

South America

Copa Libertadores Final | Copa Sudamericana Final

North America

Champions League Final

Asia

Champions League Final |Confederations Cup Final | President’s Cup Final

Oceania

O-League Final

Australia

Regular Season Table | Grand Final

Pre-Season Cup Final*

* Well done to Tyler Burrows and Martin Bojangles who featured in Adelaide’s cup win. A shame they weren’t as successful in the league though.

England

Premier League | Championship | League 1 | League 2*

FA Cup Final | League Cup Final**

*Even the January signings of J.D. Dodgson and Jack Harrow couldn’t spare Swansea from relegation to League 1. Crewe also suffered relegation dropping from League 1 to League 2 despite regular play for Boyle and Stigarakis and the management of Mikey Twigge (the elder). Likewise, Fred Brookes and Cristobal Blanco couldn’t prevent Barnet’s drop into the BSP. Unlucky for Paul Hart Jnr and Southend, who just missed out on promotion to the Championship in the League 1 play-offs.

**How about that? A Merseyside derby in the League Cup final and a north London derby in the FA Cup final!

Germany

1st Division | 2nd Division*

Cup Final

*Dramatic stuff for Ösnabrück, who avoided relegation from the 2nd Division on the last day of the season. Maybe they should make more use of their Treasure Island stars next season.

Holland

Premier Division*

Cup Final

* Roda JC miss out on Europe next season after losing in the first round of the play-offs.

Italy

Serie A | Serie B*

Coppa Italia Final

*Brescia miss out on the play-offs while AC Milan just miss out on the double. Plenty of time for their Treasure Islanders to make an impact later though.

Mexico

Apetura League Table | Apetura Final*

Clasura League Table | Clasura Final

*Chivas win the opening stage title but do so without J.D. Dodgson (sold to Swansea) and Hawkini (transfer listed and in the reserves)....

Portugal

Liga Sagres | Liga Vitalis*

Cup Final | League Cup Final

*Looks like Blackbeard and Jonathan will be enjoying a taste of top flight football next season.

Scotland

Premier League*

FA Cup Final | League Cup Final

*Celtic runaway with the league but do it without calling on their Treasure Islanders very often. Inverness easily avoid relegation with their boys from the North and South playing a larger role.

Spain

Liga BBVA | Liga adelante*

Copa del Rey Final

*Real Madrid pip Barcelona to the title and nearly do the double (without their Treasure Island stars on show though) while Tom Smith helps Castellon stave off the drop and Gimnastic stay out of trouble too.

U.S.A.

MLS Conference Tables | MLS Final*

*A good season individually for Bernat Fernandez Iglesias but not such a good season for Chivas USA, who miss out on the play-offs altogether.

I’ll get the player profiles up as soon as I can, maybe tonight if you are lucky. ;)

2008-9 Season Review: The Players Part 1 (NTIers)

Here is a more detailed look at how your players did along with that all important profile shot. ;)

James Almond – not much action for the young keeper this season but managed to play a few games for Gimnastic and did well. A move may be on the cards as some other Liga adelante sides are showing interest.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – NTI Oldest Player (18 years, 149 days)

Alex Barkleydid well in the reserves and got some first team action too. A move south of the border is a possibility with Leyton Orient rumoured to be interested.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Cristobal Blancostruggled at Barnet, but then again so did Barnet! With no transfer rumours circulating, non-league football looms for Blanco next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – Barnet Youngest Player (16 years, 228 days)

Robert BlowcrapupA great season in the Roda JC U-19s led to two somewhat low key substitute appearances for the first team. It seems the Scots have been sending their scouts to Holland as 4 Scottish teams are siad to be tracking the player.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Martin Bojangleslimited to two sub appearances for Adelaide and spent the rest of the season in the youth side. Must be doing something right as a move to Rangers in Scotland has been agreed and will take plae in January.

Medals won – Aussie Pre-Season Cup (2008)

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Robert Boylewent straight into the first team at Crewe and was impressive but it wasn’t enough to keep the side up. The midfielder may well be on the move next season as he looks to jump the sinking ship with Championship sides Blackpool and Barnsley interested.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – Crewe Best XI (2008/9)

Records – N/A

Juan Alvaro Browna storming season in the centre of midfield in the Porto U-19s led to 4 appearances in the first team in which Brown handled himself well. Celtic, Rangers and Nacional de Maderia are all interested in signing him for next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Jack Browneplayed well for QPR U-18s but managed only one disappointing appearance in the first team. Recognised as a player with promise though and has several clubs trailing him including Blackpool, Leyton Orient, MK Dons, Newcastle Jets and Sevilla Atletico.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – NTI All-time Topscorer (3 goals)

Josh Collingwooda decent season in the youth side was boosted by an impressive debut. Look out for more first team football next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Ben Flasha regular feature in the AC Milan U-20 team and marked as one for the future. Listed for loan for next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Pablo Gonzalez JRin good form for the U-19s but made no more first team appearances beyond that cup tie early in the season. Recently signed a new deal to stay at the club until 2012.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Tom Hamiltonheld down his place in the U-19 side and even managed a couple of appearances for the Real Madrid first team. Tutored by Portuguese international Pepe.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Jack HarrowMade 4 appearances for Southend before making a January switch to Championship side Swansea, where the keeper made two starts. He’ll be back in League 1 mext season though as Swansea were relegated.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – NTI Youngest Player (16 years, 44 days)

Hawkini the mysterious masked defender seemingly spent more time helping orphans than playing football at Chivas as he made just two appearnces. It seems the club were not happy with him moonlighting as a wrestler and he was transfer listed mid-season. Newly-promoted Mexican 1st Division A side Zacatapec are considering a bid.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Benat Fernandez Iglesiasonce he had done away with STI rival Ondrej Hasek, Iglesias set about claiming his spot on the left wing and did well, making 22 appearances and scoring 3 goals in the process. With the new MLS season already underway, he’s already passed that goalscoring total and seems set for a good season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – Chivas USA Best XI (2008)

Records: NTI most capped player (7 caps); Chivas USA Youngest Player (16 years, 282 days)

Jonathanbroke into the Gil Vicente first team towards the end of the season, which says something about how the player is valued by the club as they were chasing promotion at that point. Belenenses, Académia and Leixões are all watching his progress closely.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Lawrence Lazewskino first team action for Ösnabrück but was in good form for the U-19s. May not be around next season as the full back is said to be a target for Bochum.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Bob McBob Jnrit’s always going to be tough at a club like Arsenal and McBob Jnr found chancs were limited even in the U-18s and the reserves. However, yougsters always get a chance under Arsene Wenger and McBob Jnr got his late in the season, making his debut against West Brom and scoring one week later against Stoke. Reading are interested in taking him on loan next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Molind Tnermade a few appearances in the cup but apart from that was restricted to U-19 games. Listed for loan at present.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Mikey Twigge Jra regular for the U-20s at Brescia but just one sub appearance so far for the first team. Currently co-owned by Lazio but may be on the move this summer with Rangers and Celtic reportedly interested.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

STI player profiles coming over the weekend. :thup:

Very pleased to have played in a title already!!!!

Why the NTIers first? We deserve the right to go first since we actually made it past the 2nd round of World Cup Qualifying!:D Although we did draw with Singapore so I can understand!

Why the NTIers first? We deserve the right to go first since we actually made it past the 2nd round of World Cup Qualifying!:D Although we did draw with Singapore so I can understand!

I thought the NTIers should go first as seeing as they had to sit around and wait while STI played in the 2nd round of World Cup Qualifying. ;):D

STI profiles will come tonight probably. :thup:

Great to see a profile picture Dodgee - again I think you hit the nail on the head - a 4.9 in the cup competition and a 5 point average not so good. Good to see some caps for NTI though and a respectable average in international games - hopefully I'll get noticed if those pendejos at Chivas don't respect me!

Again great work D - now can't wait to see if I move and feature more... :D

Uh-oh... I left the game on holiday mode up until Dec 31st 2009 while I was out. Came back and pressed continue and got a crash dump. :(

I'll try holidaying through again while I sort out the STI update. Hopefully, it won't happen again....

Phew! Re-ran the game on holiday mode and got past the point where it crashed last time with no problems. I shall now be making back-up files every 3 months as a precaution though.

STI player profiles coming as soon as the screenies are uploaded.

2008-9 Season Review: The Players Part 2 (STIers)

Here is a more detailed look at how your players did along with that all important profile shot.

;)

Blackbeard – held down a spot in the STI side but was left on the sidelines for Gil Vicente. An impressive 10 clean sheets for the U-19s has caught the attention of the ‘big three’ in Portugal, however.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Fred Brookesfeatured quite frequently but struggled in a weak Barnet side. BSP football for this guy next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Tyler Burrowsstarted in the Pre-Season Cup Final but didn’t start a single league game and struggled to make an impact for the national side. Seems set to stay on down under next season.

Medals won – Aussie Pre-Season Cup (2008)

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

CardiovascularFeatured regularly for Inverness and STI attracting interest from Ipswich and Crystal Palace in the process.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – Inverness CT Best XI (2008/9)

Records – Inverness CT youngest player (16 years, 236 days)

Claudio Castagnolifeatured on a regular basis and performed quite well for the AC Milan U-20s side but was woeful for the national side. Currently listed for loan.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Gus Crazyplayeed very well for STI when fit and was in good goalscoring form for Brescia U-20s. Now co-owned by Udinese.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – STI all-time topscorer (4 goals)

J.D. Dodgson it all started well at Chivas with a goal on his SuperLiga debut but the striker soon found himself frozen out and transfer listed. A ₤28k move to Swansea in January led to three goals in 4 starts but, as the club was relegated, he’ll be playing League 1 football next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Liam Fergusona regular for STI and managed 2 starts for Celtic.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – STI vice captain (2008 to present)

Records – STI oldest player (18 years, 147 days)

Captain Gingerbread Jnrfeatured in most of STI’s game and was a regular on the bench at Roda JC, mustering up 4 appearances. Said to be held in high regard by the coaching staff there though.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Paul Hart Jnrquickly became a first teamer at Southend although he seemed to struggle with the pressure at times. Rated as one for the future and is being tracked by Crystal Palace.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Ondrej Hasekafter being dumped on a street corner by Chivas USA, Hasek’s team was STI for most of the season before he signed a deal with Ascoli. Managed three starts and has caught the attention of Serie C side Perugia.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – STI most capped player (13 caps)

Craig Healyno first team action at Porto but became an integral part of the U-19s racking up an incredible 31 assists! That sort of play gets you noticed at E. Amadora, Naval and Olhanense are all rumoured to be interested in buying or loaning the player for next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Gwilym J. James II 3 goals and 3 assists for STI made him a favourite with the fans and he also managed 3 starts for QPR towards the end of the season. Charlton have expressed interest in the player and a move to the A-League could be on the cards with Queensland Roar rumoured to be preparing a bid.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – STI captain (2008 to present)

Records – N/A

Bobinho Jrno first team action for Bayern and didn’t feature all that regularly for the U-19s either. He was a regular for FC Bayern II however, making 34 appearances. Still only on a youth contract of ₤55p/w, the player is said to be eager to open talks over a pro deal.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – N/A

Heinrich Kroeger Jnr.a regular up front for STI. Also managed to break into the Gimnastic first team towards the end of the season, scoring in his second match but being dropped after receiving a red card for elbowing an opponent in his third outing. He picked up 3 yellows in his 3 starts too so he’ll have to calm down next season or risk being labelled the ‘next Joey Barton’.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – Gimnastic youngest player (17 years, 140 days)

John Lemona regular for Ajax U-19s but no first team action yet. Listed for loan.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records: N/A

@StrawberryFields – you haven’t posted since originally signing up so I will not feature your player in future reports unless you start contributing.

Loic Phillipensit was very much a season of sitting around and waiting for this youngster. He had a flush of excitement when he was told to get ready to play towards the end of the season. When he turned up to board the team’s luxury coach, he suffered disappointment as one of the coaches tossed him a couple of bus tokens and told him to get over to Ösnabrück II’s Lower Saxony Regional League match. To his credit, he played well and scored and looks set to be included in the first team squad next season.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Records – Ösnabrück youngest player (18 years, 103 days)

Tom Smithspent all season on loan at Castellon and became a regular in the centre of midfield, helping the club to avşd the drop in the process. Upon returning to Real Madrid, the player spoke of his positive experience on loan and how he hoped it would stand him in good stead for establishing himself at Real Madrid in the future.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – Castellon Best XI (2008/9)

Records – N/A

Theo Stigarakisa regular at Crewe as they battled against the drop. Although they didn’t stay up, Stigarakis was credited by the media for his mature performances at the back. Not so by boss and former NTI great Mikey Twigge though, who on more than one ocassion went to the press criticising Stigarakis’ lack of form.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – Crewe Best XI (2008/9)

Records – N/A

Rufio van Pietersplayed most of the season in the reserve team at Arsenal, contributing an impressive 1 assists from the right back slot. Made three starts for the first team too, even managing a game in the Champions League and getting a couıple more assists to boot. The future looks bright for another ‘Wenger Wonder’.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – N/A

Each nation has two summer friendlies for which I will post reports tomorrow before getting onto the transfer news and new season. :)

Thanks for the feedback on the updates and layout guys. :thup: Early days but I thought I'd start keeping track of medals, awards etc now to save me having to trawl back through it all at the end of the sign-up. ;)

Training ground clash with Heinrich Kroeger Jnr perhaps?

It was an accident, of course ;)

Oh and Jnr has scored a senior goal for Gimnastic :thup: He's getting way too many cards though :D

KUTGW dodge fb updates :thup:

Archived