The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

2009-10 Season Review: The Players, Part 2 (NTIers)

Hawkinia move to Zacatapec proved the right choice as Hawkini got regular football and the club were more understanding than Chivas over his requests to play in a mask.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – Zacatapec Best XI (2009/10)

Records – N/A

I am glad Hawkini managed to get away from Chivas - although still only playing at the First Divison A level is not going to be good for his long term career - I would have hoped at 18 the young Mexican wrestling central defender would be in the First Division playing for the North American Champions League :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still Gonzalez is in the under 21's and reserve teams at Bayern gaining essential experiance. My stats look about in par with most other players so i don't think its harming my development by not playing first team football.

Bob McBob Jnra season of youth and reserve football for McBob Jnr as he made just one disappointing appearance in a dead rubber Champions League group stage game. Still has a few Championship and League 1 sides looking to take him on loan but has turned down all offers so far.

Medals won – N/A

Awards – N/A

Other Acheivements – NTI captain (2008 to present)

Records – N/A

Nothing to say really:D

Nothing to say really:D

Yeah, some of the players have had slow starts to their careers. I've taken the game a few months into the new season and one is now acknowledged as a 'wonderkid' and is playing regular top flight football, however. :thup:

Yeah, some of the players have had slow starts to their careers. I've taken the game a few months into the new season and one is now acknowledged as a 'wonderkid' and is playing regular top flight football, however. :thup:

What's that you say? Barnet have been awarded a place in the Premiership and Fred Brookes is tipped as the new Seaman? Good stuff :thup:

:p

You mean Ondrej Hasek has made a huge move from Serie C to a large club and is taking over???

September 2010 Player Update

Highest Paid Players

[u][color=black][font=Courier New]No.[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]  [u]Player[/u]             [u]Nation[/u]  [u]Club[/u]       [u]Wage[/u][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Courier New]1.   Bob McBob Jnr.     NTI     Arsenal    ₤8k   p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]2.   Tom Hamilton       NTI     Murcia     ₤7.5k p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]3.   Alex Barkley       NTI     Sundeland  ₤4k   p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]4=.  Ben Flash          NTI     AC Milan   ₤3.9k p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]4=.  Cardiovascular     STI     Wigan      ₤3.9k p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]6.   Lawrence Lazewski  NTI     Ösnabrück  ₤3.7k p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]7=.  Martin Bojangles   NTI     Rangers    ₤2.8k p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]7=.  Robert Boyle       NTI     Reading    ₤2.8k p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]9.   J.A. Brown         NTI     Porto      ₤2.7k p/w[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]10.  Paul Hart Jnr      STI     Birmingham ₤2.6k p/w[/font][/color]

It seems the NTIers have a bit more clout when it comes to negotiaitng pay deals for themselves. ;)

Transfers

Again, as you can see on the above list, some players are now plying their trade at different clubs. All of the moves can be found below:

[u][color=black][font=Courier New]Player[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]             [u]Nation[/u]  [u]From[/u]        [u]To[/u]          [u]Fee[/u][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Courier New]Tom Smith          STI     Real Madrid Betis       ₤3.3mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Tom Hamilton       NTI     Real Madrid Murcia      ₤1.7mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Mikey Twigge Jr    NTI     Rangers     Coventry    ₤350k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Alex Barkley       NTI     Inverness   Sunderland  ₤1.1mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Paul Hart Jnr      STI     Southend    Birmingham  ₤325k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Robert Boyle       NTI     Blackpool   Reading     ₤1.1mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Liam Ferguson      STI     Celtic      Seogngnam   ₤625k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Bobinho Jr         STI     -           Wehen       Free agent[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Claudio Castagnoli STI     AC Milan    Triestina   Loan[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]James Almond       NTI     Mallorca    Rayo        ₤180k[/font][/color]

· Real Madrid obviously decided raising stars was harder than going out and buying them and so shipped out both of their Toms. Hamilton went to Liga adelante side Murcia and Smith headed to Betis but will Real regret their decisions – Smith’s transfer received a lot of press attention and the young mdifielder is now being touted as a ‘wonderkid’.

· Mikey Twigge Jr and Alex Barkley both decided the Championship was preferable to the Scottish Prem as Twigge sealed a deal with Coventry and Barkely made the switch to Sunderland.

· Paul Hart did what Southend couldn’t and moved to the Championship and will hope to play a part in Birmingham’s expected promotion push.

· Robert Boyle also stepped up a division moving from Championship Blackpool to Premier League Reading for his third club in three seasons.

· Liam Ferguson decided to head to the Far East and try his luck with South Korean side Seogngnam. Could as Asian Champion’s League medal by heading his way?

· After a year without a club, many had started to wonder when Bobinho Jr would take to the field again: he answered them by saying ‘Wehen’ as he joins the German 2nd Division side.

· Castagnoli will be hoping for some first team experience as he joins Serie B new boys Triestina on a season-long deal.

· It just wouldn’t be a transfer window without James Almond on the move now, would it? The NTI keeper swops La Liga for 2nd Division B2 as he joins Rayo Vallecano.

Other Player News

• J.D. Dodgson has become unhappy at Swansea after the club blocked a summer move to Trabzonspor of Turkey. They may have made a mistake though as the striker only has a year left on his contract and they could risk losing him for free next summer.
  • Fred Brookes has asked to open contract talks with Barnet but the club has not made any sort of offer so far.
  • Benat Fernandez Iglesias still wants out from Chivas USA, even though the club had a better showing in the MLS this year as they reached the play-offs.

Staff Update

There were some moves involving our beloved coaching staff as well:

• Adam Flash had a rollercoaster ride of a season at Telford last year as he started out as assistant manger but within 3 months was caretaker boss and was then promoted to full-time manager. Despite his best efforts though, Telford couldn’t avoid relegation from the BSP and Flash quit to focus on his NTI coaching job.
  • NTI goalkeeping coach Jack Harrow has left FC Utrecht and is now the goalkeeping coach at Celtic. His STI counterpart Heinrich Kroeger also made a switch as he left Hannover to work with the goalies at AZ Alkmaar.
  • Pablo Gonzalez has taken a job on the youth coaching team at Everton.
  • The Stig didn’t last very long as youth coach at Cheltenham as he ditched the League 2 side for a youth coach position at MLS side Houston.
  • Brendanio and Bobinho are still at New York and Captain Gingerbread is still giving step classes at Kaiserslautern. McBob and de Mire are still fully focused on their jobs with NTI and STI respectively (as is STI ass man Ramiro) and they will be preparing for freindlies in the autumn when NTI will make a trip to Slovakia and STI will host the United Arab Emirates. :thup:

I should have the friendly reports up later this week. Just noticed while looking through the player stats (the game is in December 2010 now) that another player has earned the 'wonderkid' tag. :thup: All to be revealed soon...

Not much happening for Rufio. He really could use a transfer or at least a loan to get some consistent first team football otherwise he'll never force his way back into the national team.

Good to see Brendanio building a successful career as an assistant manager (I think) in New York and who knows, maybe he'll end up reuniting with one of his former clubs in Europe after not too long (there are quite a few of them).

· It just wouldn’t be a transfer window without James Almond on the move now, would it? The STI keeper swops La Liga for 2nd Division B2 as he joins Rayo Vallecano.

James Almond is an NTIer and Kroeger Jnr's former club rival iirc. Him being called an STIer is a disgrace to us :D;)

At least I'm back in league football, I guess...

Getting more money than Brookes as well; seems Barnet know which way the wind is blowing... :)

No, it's just that Fred isn't a money grabbing Northerner :p

James Almond is an NTIer and Kroeger Jnr's former club rival iirc. Him being called an STIer is a disgrace to us :D;)
Oi mr D i'm and NTI player not a southern Softie

Whoops! :o That's what happens when you rush to finish an update before the Champions League final starts. Apologies to those on both the North and South sides. The offending post has now been edited. ;)

Whoops! :o That's what happens when you rush to finish an update before the Champions League final starts. Apologies to those on both the North and South sides. The offending post has now been edited. ;)

Haha no problem mate :thup:

Can you give me any news on Healy? Never seem to hear much about him in the transfer news or anything

Sure - he's still at Porto but he's kind of stuck as he's usually in the match day squads but he doesn't feature for the first team. That means he doesn't get much reserve team football either. Some other Portuguese clbs are interested (Belenenses and Vitoria Setubal) but there have been no firm offers as of yet...

Sure - he's still at Porto but he's kind of stuck as he's usually in the match day squads but he doesn't feature for the first team. That means he doesn't get much reserve team football either. Some other Portuguese clbs are interested (Belenenses and Vitoria Setubal) but there have been no firm offers as of yet...

Cheers mate :)

Just had another look at my player, and I really don't look that good.

Hopefully get a lot better in the next season.

Hopefully get more games up top for STI next year.

If possible Dodgee, could you tell show me Gingerbread positions screen? Or just tell me where he plays naturally, accomplished, etc..

Cheers :thup:

Sorry about the lack of updates over the weekend. I have now taken the game up to near the end of the 2010/11 season so you can epect reports throughout the week, starting tomorrow with the November friendlies :thup:

NTI Slo Close To a Result | STI Slip Up Against UAE

Slovakia v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date: 17.11.2010

Competition: International Friendly

Venue: Pod Dubnom, Zilina

NTI Line-up (4-4-2): Almond ©; Jonathan, Alvaro Brown, Hamilton, Lazewski; Barron, Barkley, Flash, Iglesias; Browne, Blowcrapup

Subs: Harrow, Boyle, Tner, Swarbrick, Collingwood, McBob Jnr., Hawkini, Blanco, Gonzalez JR

NTI decided to gather there players in Europe once again for their first friendly of the season. Slovakia were sure to provide another stern test as they had qualified for the last World Cup and were in good form in the Euro 2012 qualifiers. There was much interest in the debut of Paul Barron, identified in last season’s regen watch as well as the presence of new boy Swarbrick on the bench. The Slovaks played a possession game and NTI were happy to try and hit them on the break and it nearly worked early on as Alex Barkley went close. NTI soon found themselves behind though as some mis-communication between Hamilton and Almond in defence allowed Holosko to pick up a loose backpass and open the scoring. To their credit, NTI rallied after that and did a good job of shutting out their opponents with Alvaro Brown doing a good job of narshalling the back line. NTI looked threatening when they broke forward and an equaliser came just before the hour mark. As a Slovak attack broke down, Alvaro Brown played a great ball to debutant Barron on the right, who beat two mean before crossing to Browne. The Sevilla man rose above his markers to nod the ball into the net and level the scores. NTI nearly took the lead after that as Iglesias whipped in a corner and Alvaro Brown’s header was athletically saved. Just as it looked like NTI might be on course for a good result, h-they got hit on the break as Slovakia made a swift attacking move up the pitch with Nemeth scoring what proved to be the winner. Another defeat on the road for NTI but a much improved performance from most of the team. Those defensive slips will have to stop, however.

Final Score: Slovakia 2, NTI 1 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 14,960

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southern Treasure Islands v. United Arab Emirates

Date: 17.11.2010

Competition: International Friendly

Venue: World’s End Stadium, Cove Bay

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Blackbeard; van Pieters, Ferguson, Cardiovascular, Castagnoli; Hart Jnr, Smith, James II ©, Gingerbread Jnr; Dodgson, Kroeger Jnr.

Subs: Brookes, Burrows, Hayward, Philippens, Hasek, Healy, Bobinho Jr, Crazy, Stigarakis

STI decided to treat their fans to a home match and a win was expected against an unfancied UAE side. It seems the Southerners were guilty of complacancy though as UAE rattled them with an attacking start to the match. With 8 minutes gone, STI found themselves a goal down as Hart Jnr lost possession inside his own half and Khalil picked up the ball and fired it in from distance. STI never really recovered from that as their opponents created the better chances thoughout the game. STI’s best efforts came from range as Castagnoli, Smith and Gingerbread Jnr all forced the keeper into saves but they never really threatened. STI boss de Mire was so infuriated at the lack of bite from his side that he refused to make any substitutions, demanding more from the eleven on the pitch. It wasn’t to be though and STI’s fans went home disappointed.

Final Score: STI 0, UAE 1 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 54,167

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another pair of defeats then. Our nations really need to get some competitive games soon to move up the rankings, especially as the invitees to the 2011 Gold Cup will be decided after the next set of frendlies in February 2011. NTI will be on the road again then as they face Denmark away and STI have a tough tie in France.

* Colour code:

Grey = ‘greyed-out’ player

Blue = regen

Green = naturalised player

Uff - still on the bench - at least I'm not getting kept out by a "Grey" player - still more work to be done by the masked wonder defender Hawkini - perhaps he is the one to stop the goals going in for NTI??

I think a problem here (as it was in FM 08) is that friendlies can't be run on full detail. Unless I attend the match, I can't see the goals either and I think the AI is just kind of 'making it up'. One thing I could try is having two active managers and sending one to each game but the main thing we can do is wait for some more competitive games and start showing the world what both nations are really about ;)

Archived